Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ugliest frame design?

Leqesai

Definitely Citrine, not sure if it's ugly or nightmare fuel though.

Lots of ugly frames I can use and not be bothered with: Octavia, Nova deluxe skin (legs and back of head), Khora Prime, Zephyr deluxe skin (that jacket) and then a long list of frames with strange proportions (all the wobbly legs and crosshair blocking protrusions).

If we're talking base frames, for me it's Lavos, with nothing else even that close.

Not the ugliest, but a more fun and controversial take:  Saryn. 

42 minutes ago, Nobodys-Perfect said:

On the matter of Qorvex and Lavos being ugly - I think their aesthetics are well designed and don't get enough credit.

I feel something like this about a lot of "ugly" frames.  Frames where I admire the art direction even though the aesthetics are not at all to my tastes.  Nidus, Ivara Prime, Garuda Hinsa, and probably Qorvex are good examples of this for me. 

Lavos...nope, that doesn't work for me.   I can't get past my aesthetic reaction to find anything to admire about it.

Which is not to say that the artist did a bad job or that it's "objectively" ugly, lol.  This is an entirely personal evaluation.  I like the aethetics of a lot of frames that are perpetually on these lists, like Caliban, Hildryn, and Xaku.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Pugs Xbox said:

Why has nobody mentioned regular Banshee

That model shows its age, but for me is fine, even a little better than fine...from the ankles up.  :P

I find most of the newer frame designs to be rather ugly.

Calliban, Citrine, Dagoth, Gyre, Lavos, Xacu, Yarieli, whatever the new one is.

Voruna wins top prize for me. Protea is cool with a tech corpus look and Kullervo can look good.

Alt frame looks. Khora, Michelin Man Valkyr and Zephyr Deluxe (what happened to pony frame Zephyr?)

4 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

That model shows its age, but for me is fine, even a little better than fine...from the ankles up.  :P

Hey, you leave her boat shoes alone. Those are classic fashion.

• Like 2

I mean the weirdest are probably the deluxe for Atlas and Limbo, but I wouldn't call them ugly as such.

Personally I don't get on with Khora's look, in any shape or form, just an ugly frame IMO.

Zephyr deluxe is just an atrocity, I can't even look at it ☹️

I considered listing my least favorite frame aesthetic here, but beauty really is in the eye of the beholder, and I realized that there are surely people who love what I dislike.  I've got no interest in yucking someone else's yum, so I'll just share the mental journey I just went on and move on.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Cybercobra2:

All these people dissing lavos like he isnt absolutely gorgeously designed, yea he isnt like "ooh pretty pretty" but he looks amazing. my lavos looks absolutely ace.

ya'll have no taste.

As a Lavos main I cannot agree more. Khoras deluxe is ugly as hell does not even fit her look at all. 

• Like 1

As much as I love Valkyr Prime's appearance, I have to say everything that uses base Valkyr materials. DE needs to go in and update base Valkyr and all her skins to use modern materials (like Valkyr Prime does). Like seriously, compare the two:

Spoiler

77c995cc1a2d6bfb49586a84b7ac93a0.png628f76f72a3929689c0f56f3135e8e41.png

It's night and day, and it's really painful because it prevents any kind of customization. Valkyr Prime's main body is the best offering for her, but none of the other helmets work with it. Gersemi has passable materials, but the color channels are all wrong:

Spoiler

eec2502c333c5b57ea2c2c753016c63d.png

If they were just flat out reversed, it might work though.

At any rate, /rant done.

7 hours ago, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

Trinity

You take that back, sir/ma'am.

tenor.gif

• Like 1

Imo, I really like Qorvex's looks. Yeah he won't win any beauty contests, but he sure has a cool theme going with the concrete and radiation. On top of being built like a brick house, he just looks like a heavy hitter, no nonsense, pure functionality over form. 
Given how Albrecht himself designed him for use within the absolute horror of his own labs, and I wouldnt imagine old Entrati being the greatest designer in terms of looks (dude uses old PCs and Nokias lol) I think Qorvex's design is a good fit!

As for my own picks for the ugliest frames... Sorry Lavos. While he too can be excused the same way as Qorvex, Lavos' boots, gloves and helmets are all just so ugly. They look misformed and weirdly proportioned. Color combinations dont do him much justice either given how the materials on his body looks under different lights.

Hildryn has a fun theme going, and I do like the hyper buff body type for a change of pace, but all her bumps and extra details plastered on make her hard to love. 

Then there's Khora...
I don't think I've ever seen her in a good light. Popular loot and dps frame, but no skin, no color combination, not even her prime can save her. Just feels like no matter what she will always look horribly "off" to me.

Edited by Northern_Psycho
spelling

I tried to find one and failed. There is no frame I really dislike in Warframe. The ones I like the least - Chroma and Inaros. They just look like a mess to me.

On 2023-12-16 at 1:04 AM, Hexerin said:

DE needs to go in and update base Valkyr and all her skins to use modern materials (like Valkyr Prime does).

Yep. The mismatch of colors between body and alternative helmets is terrible. I personally just went with Lionessa skin. Wish they would also make Gersemi skin's tail a universal attachment/syndana.

Edited by YoRHa_8S

Worst design period: Ember Vermillion. Can't stand it, looks dumb, and it is definitely not worthy of the "Ember Deluxe" label. Luckily we have Ember Pyraxis to make up the difference 

Worst base frame... Ya know I might have to go with Zephyr. I love Zephyr Prime, I love Zephyr Harrier, but the original Zephyr looks like birds nest soup. Do you know what birds nest soup is made of? Solidified drool

For me, Hildryn is the worst by design in terms of everything (Concept, Design, Idea), the only thing good that came out of it was Pillage & Shield Gating

For the best, I have to give it to Kullervo, in terms of everything but maybe his default skin. (If a new deluxe skin comes out, I'm buying it)

For the top best all-around via skin: Reliquary Skin & Kagura Skin

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

For me,

Worst base: Gara. + I dislike Nezha's chest ribbon tie thing.

Worst Deluxe: Nova's Asuri it's many the helmet for me.

Worst Prime: Khora for the gaudy overuse of metal and Wisp Idk just don't feel it +they nerfed the🍑 also I swear the swiggty swooty animation is different on Wisp-to-Wisp P.

I'm also going to defend base Novo as I believe she looks better than her prime.

Edited by (XBOX)DragonMan 2700
forgot/missed a word.

I'm on the fence about Qorvex - because he's so ugly and unusual looking that he almost then becomes not ugly because he has that strange "so ugly it's beautiful" thing happening.

So my least favourite would be Trinity (The tail thing), Caliban (mostly because I don't like asymmetry), and Oberon.  On the topic of asymmetry... I really wish Styanax was symmetrical - I can overlook the nipple flaps (can be hidden with chest armour) but the one sided battle skirt annoys me.

I don't mind Lavos,  I kinda dig the outfit design, as a sort of flashy almost pirate look - but I think what does him a HUGE disservice is the way colours apply to him.  I find it impossible to colour him nicely because the colours look faded.

What I hate more than the look of a frame - since in game you pretty much only see them from behind, and you can use the cape syandana to cover them up... is when frames have a custom roll animation.  That's what I dislike most about Qorvex - he feels clunky to use (and I get that with him it's a design choice there)..... but likewise I find Xaku, Limbo and Protea's custom roll to be annoying and I wish there was a way to turn it off and use the default.

Hydroid(prime). I was super excited about his rework and was keen to jump in and get the deluxe skin too to fix his appearance only to find out it cant be colored white, only grey because of the scuffed pre-shaded color channel.

I really want to play him but the absolutely cursed state of hydroid fashion is preventing me.

If we are going off of base frame designs. My pick sadly has to be Mirage, base helmet just looks ugly and the skin overall looks like it went through a rounding tool before someone shipped it. If you dislike D2 Titian broad shoulders design, better avert your eyes because you are getting that with Mirage on her shoulders, kneecaps and elbows.

It doesn't help that virtually almost every one of her skins is based off of that one and not her much cooler and sleeker looking prime.

Edited by Numerounius