Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are DE giving founders special treatement?

Doomyo89

I hate to say this but it would make sense because how late everyone elses cross save is and founders got it first and it was pretty much ready for them... they didint brother get everyones gross save ready BEFORE IT LAUNCHED! i have been waiting for year to able play warframe again... so i apologize if i mad rn... 

• Like 1

Founders are the guinea pigs. (no offence intended) If things go wrong, it's them who will suffer until things can be fixed.

If things go wrong (which apparently there has been according to the Red Text) I imagine you'd be a lot more upset if you lost progress, items or even more important things as a result of the merger.

• Like 16

Just now, Zahnny said:

Founders are the guinea pigs. (no offence intended) If things go wrong, it's them who will suffer until things can be fixed.

If things go wrong (which apparently there has been according to the Red Text) I imagine you'd be a lot more upset if you lost progress, items or even more important things as a result of the merger.

i doudt that theory... if theirs account was gonna mess up THEY WONT RELEASE THEM ON FOUNDERS

I can’t disagree with you on that take, it is a little frustrating to see a minority of players getting access to this feature first, especially for something very crucial and monumental as cross-save. However I would definitely wait and see how long the time spans are between founders getting access to cross-save to the regular player base getting access. If it’s less than a couple of days or even a week I’m fine with that, they did say they would get it out to everyone before the end of the year, and they usually close before Christmas so about two weeks.

If we don’t get access this year Ima be hella pissed.

2 minutes ago, Numerounius said:

They said that cross-save is rolling out to everyone in days. They should have been more clear on this since this part is very important to understand due to lightening the server load.

unlikely as red text said yesterday that they had issues with early testing, so it may take longer.

Edited by (PSN)Shaun-T-Wilson

it seems like a fairly conveniently already setup system to be able to roll something out slowly to the Playerbase, to find problems and fix them before it's the norm for everyone.

otherwise it would be some sort of signup/waitlist and then having to come up with some selection process out of that, ey? if you got selected for such a theoretical system and experienced Account issues, what would your complaint be then? :^)

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Zahnny said:

I apologize but it's not a theory, that's literally what DE have said they are doing and have stated so repeatedly.

they said that to create a false narrative because they know how it looked... i dont buy it 

3 hours ago, taiiat said:

it seems like a fairly conveniently already setup system to be able to roll something out slowly to the Playerbase, to find problems and fix them before it's the norm for everyone.

otherwise it would be some sort of signup/waitlist and then having to come up with some selection process out of that, ey? if you got selected for such a theoretical system and experienced Account issues, what would your complaint be then? :^)

they should have beta testers before launch... or their own staff idk but tested it alter launch is kinda moronic... 

1 minute ago, Doomyo89 said:

they should have beta testers before launch... or their own staff idk but tested it alter launch is kinda moronic... 

There's stuff that they might not find on their test build that can happen on the live server.

Founders pretty much funded the game when it needed it the most, giving them access to it early is fine especially since they can find issues, major issues, that can be prevented before it happens to everyone else

• Like 6

1 minute ago, (PSN)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

unlikely as red text said yesterday that they had issues with early testing, so it may take longer.

Yes, running into issues is the reason why its probably taking longer right now and not as scheduled. But I assume with the initial plan with it being in waves was to reduce server load which was the original goal.

And if you read the red text, it indicated there would be an update post today, this is probably it:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Doomyo89 said:

well, that's exactly what is happening. congrats, you already got your wishes before you even asked.

it was tested internally before given to anyone publicly outside, moving that to a limited ring publicly outside to test again, before moving to either another limited ring past that, or pushing the feature for everyone.

• Like 11

You ought to be thanking them and DE for rolling it out slowly as they already delayed it due to finding Clan handovers not being handled properly.

5 minutes ago, Doomyo89 said:

Literally not a single beta test/dev team in the world is going to catch all possible issues when you're rolling something out to millions of users. Odds are there'll be a dozen more issues cropping up and still things slipping through the cracks post merge that DE then needs to resolve.

Kinda just how things are when you're dealing with a over ten year old code base, different ports of the games, and trying to merge years worth data from different databases.

• Like 6

I mean it makes sense they are going to stagger drip in players to test it as they go. From what I am seeing so far im happy to let early adopters on cross save system test it for me. Anything goes wrong it makes it easier for them to fix 10 accounts vs 10,000 (numbers are not official ofc) accounts. So I get why they are going to drip feed cross save out at first.

Edited by (XBOX)Dex Xean

It is how it is, founders gave them extra stuff to start an amazing game, they gave huge amounts of money for a game that was in beta back when.

Some of them have been waiting for 10 years, I'll be one of them in 2 weeks, so it's a good thing that they "reward" first-hour players first, DE can monitor things and founder can be the firsts to use the system, looks like a good bargain to me.

It's here, it's a bit bugged, but it's here, once the clan thingy is fixed it should come back and pretty much everybody will be good by the end of the year, except maybe some people that started very late compared to others, but we came down from years of waiting to days / weeks for some.

I am definitely impatient since I want to play super badly on my computer but if we can get it within a week or two I would be happy, and as much as I want to jump right into it I'd much rather wait a little longer than trying to link my account and end up losing stuff. I am trying to not be too hyped, even though I keep checking to see if the option is open for me lol

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Doomyo89:

I hate to say this but it would make sense because how late everyone elses cross save is and founders got it first and it was pretty much ready for them... they didint brother get everyones gross save ready BEFORE IT LAUNCHED! i have been waiting for year to able play warframe again... so i apologize if i mad rn... 

I am a founder, I am not eligible for Cross Save yet. Thread can be closed.

• Like 1