Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

After hotfix, one Topaz Shard + Verglas turns your companion into an Infinite Arcane Aegis

ShogunGunshow

This is basically how the shard is meant to work, though, I suspect this'll be nerfed heavily because no fun allowed.

The cons to this strategy, is that it is very short range. You must be pretty close to enemies for the sentinel to actually reach with the Verglas, so that does somewhat balance it out.l

• Like 1

My imagining is that, when they were creating it, they imagined the player doing it. Because blast is, you know, dogbutts, you'd be trading throughput on a weapon to give yourself a 'stop it you're not allowed to hurt me' button. That's more or less okay.

I have to imagine that the companion being able to trigger it is an oversight. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

(And hopefully a bunch of companion weapon buffs.)

And also hopefully changing some of them so that we no longer have three different Cold damage Beam sentinel weapons. To this day I still have no idea how that happened.

Edited by Corvid

2 hours ago, ShogunGunshow said:

It's the one that gives you shields on blast effect.

As long as the companion is firing a verglas/other high status weapon, you basically can't die. Only limit is making sure the companion stays

The need to keep the companion alive seems like a pretty significant check on the potential of this combo; that being the case, I'd be surprised if a nerf is deemed necessary.  As long as you have to actively do something, I'm guessing it'll be seen as fine.

You could already just leave a Hildryn standing AFK with the two shield arcanes and odds were if you came back 15 minutes later she'd still be standing there...and that was before Primed Redirection and the buff to shield mitigation and shield gates.  If that's considered fine, I don't think this is going to move the needle.  But that's just my guess; we'll see!

5 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Considering 99% of robotic weapons are literally unusable, I would sure hope so. But this is DE we're talking about, so don't get your hopes up.

I'm a pessimist  when it comes to Warframe development.  But they did way better than I expected in phase 1.  They even made a couple more robotic weapons worth consideration as a side-effect.

...so phase 2 is near guaranteed be a disaster that will literally make the Chicxulub Impact Event seem like a muffled duck fart in comparison.

1 hour ago, Tiltskillet said:

I wouldn't bet on it exactly, but I would not at all be surprised if a Verglas nerf was already on the drawing board for part 2 of the companion rework.  (And hopefully a bunch of companion weapon buffs.)

Verglas isn't broken, it's just that the bar is too low for companion weapons

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, Waeleto said:

Verglas isn't broken, it's just that the bar is too low for companion weapons

Well I disagree about Verglas; and yet I agree that most of the others should be better.  But my opinion isn't important.  I was just making a guess about what may happen.  Mainly because I find  guessing about DE's direction is both a lot of fun and sometimes surprisingly challenging.

Honestly I don't think a scenario where they raise more weapons to Verglas's level is totally implausible, even though I don't think it's very likely.

15 hours ago, ShogunGunshow said:

It's the one that gives you shields on blast effect.

As long as the companion is firing a verglas/other high status weapon, you basically can't die. Only limit is making sure the companion stays alive.

I wonder what would happen if you ran around with tenet cycron + secondary encumber. As wukong. With a clone. And no primary.and maybe no melee either.

This is one of those things that will very likely get fixed and people will yell "nurf wha u do diz!!!?" while at the same time managing to complain about "Wefreme two ezze!" in the same post. And they'll probably also deman compensation for their topaz shards at that point even though they should realize by now not to invest in things that seem to good shortly after a big release.

• Like 1

Verglas aside, modding my weapon for Corrosive and Blast does allow me to take advantage of repeated shield gating and become temporarily unkillable (for as long as I can keep shooting and hitting). It does allow me to just mindlessly wail at the enemy until either they die or my ammo runs out and I die.

I love it.

17 hours ago, Corvid said:

And also hopefully changing some of them so that we no longer have three different Cold damage Beam sentinel weapons. To this day I still have no idea how that happened.

At least the recent Cold buffs has turned Artax into a pretty reliable utility weapon. It grinds most enemies to a halt, even Archons. Nira didnt have time to do her stupid Spinny-Whip-Heal-Move because Wyrmy and the Jets Cold Proc'd her to the Slow Zone.