Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2023 year in review?

https://www.warframe.com/2022stats

when is the 2023 one dropping?

also share predictions.

Top usage:

My guess is Strun/Latron Prime/Torid topping the charts for primary weapons.

Wisp (Prime)/Titania (Prime) for Warframes.

Glaive Prime does what it do, top usage for melees.

Dual Toxocyst/Epitaph/K nukor/T cycron/Atomos for secondaries.

Bottom usage (not counting Founder's exclusives):

Caliban. Oh dear. Need I say more?

Veldt for primaries. No one remembers this thing, hardly anyone knows it was based on the concept art for the base Tenora.

I'd say Stug for bottom tier secondary usage, but I know quite a few people running meme builds for it so I'm not sure. Maybe the Sonicor.

Kestrel for melees, no point running it other than for mastery. Or maybe the Dual Skana. God I want a Prisma variant so bad.

39 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

https://www.warframe.com/2022stats

also share predictions.

Top usage:

My guess is Strun/Latron Prime/Torid topping the charts for primary weapons.

Wisp (Prime)/Titania (Prime) for Warframes.

Glaive Prime does what it do, top usage for melees.

Dual Toxocyst/Epitaph/K nukor/T cycron/Atomos for secondaries.

Veldt for primaries. No one remembers this thing, hardly anyone knows it was based on the concept art for the base Tenora.

I'd say Stug for bottom tier secondary usage, but I know quite a few people running meme builds for it so I'm not sure. Maybe the Sonicor.

Kestrel for melees, no point running it other than for mastery. Or maybe the Dual Skana. God I want a Prisma variant so bad.

All the weapon top usage might get nerfed similarly to how the Kavat is going to get nerfed, I'd not be surprised at this point.

Cailbad hopefully will see a rework soon.

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 2

I am not sure the incarnons will raise significantly , despite being powerful it is a relatively high effort playstyle to support them after an equally limited means to acquire them.

We might actually see a more gradual difference between top and not top gear.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I am not sure the incarnons will raise significantly , despite being powerful it is a relatively high effort playstyle to support them after an equally limited means to acquire them.

Torid isn't exactly "high effort".

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 0_The_F00l said:

idk about that high effort playstyle part lol

1 hour ago, Pakaku said:

If people can enjoy the Stug for memes, then I can enjoy the Kestrel for ragdolling everything

Also looking forward to a Veldt Prime myself

based. maybe they can use one of the cooler concepts for the tenora as a base for the prime. 

personally hoping for the C or D variant: sean-bigham-076prog01.jpg?1499660401

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

All the weapon top usage might get nerfed similarly to how the Kavat is going to get nerfed, I'd not be surprised at this point.

outside of the glaive prime I don't really see it happening. but you never know...

2 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Cailbad hopefully will see a rework soon.

Holy #*!% I agree. Not inaros or loki or whatever, THIS GUY needs help. he literally has nothing going for him (outside of MAYBE Fusion Strike but even then, Xaku exists lmao). he should be next in line for a rework, honestly imo

Edited by Skoomaseller
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

Torid isn't exactly "high effort".

17 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

idk about that high effort playstyle part lol

"Relatively" ,

Anything that requires aiming is more effort than the boom zoom playstyle that topped the charts previously.

That's why I don't think it will be very significant though it will be higher than before.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

based. maybe they can use one of the cooler concepts for the tenora as a base for the prime. 

personally hoping for the C or D variant: sean-bigham-076prog01.jpg?1499660401

Veldt Incarnon when?

Veldt.png

Just imagine the Void weirdness on this with that beautiful sound. 🥵

Edited by (PSN)Sentiel
Posted before finishing by accident
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

"Relatively" ,

Anything that requires aiming is more effort than the boom zoom playstyle that topped the charts previously.

That's why I don't think it will be very significant though it will be higher than before.

Aiming with Torid is like Aiming with Ignis. There's not a large focus on precision.

• Like 2

Just now, Voltage said:

Aiming with Torid is like Aiming with Ignis. There's not a large focus on precision.

Not quite , where the ignis has a cone of damage , the torid has a chunkier piece of low projectile speed heavily arcing snot , though I do admit the torid is easier than other incarnons to get charge on - that's just asking for a Nerf in my opinion.

I was also speaking for incarnons as a whole not specific ones.

• Like 1

my prediction for most used gear:

Wisp Prime (seriously, cake squad are EVERYWHERE)

Torid (because incarnon)

Laetum (still seems to be a solid pick)

melee could be pretty much anything, I would say perhaps heavy attack-focused weapons but Tennokai only came in right at the end of the year, so I'm not sure it made enough of a difference.

I reckon Panzer Vulpaphyla is still most used companion, unless more people discovered the potency of Hounds after the first part of the pet rework. 

25 minutes ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

Veldt Incarnon when?

it definitely needs something, either an Incarnon Genesis, or an upgraded variant, most likely a Prisma Veldt. it was outclassed by the Latron family even before Incarnon Geneses, and in the post-Incarnon meta, few weapons hold a candle to the Incarnon Latron, Veldt is like a nerf gun in comparison. shame as I like the looks and sounds of the weapon, but it just isn't strong enough to warrant taking to places like Netracells or SP Circulus.

• Like 1

If I recall correctly, usually around the first or second Devstream of the year, as Reb likes to talk about them and give some extra context. 

As far as predictions. Eh, I am not that good at intuitively understanding what most other players find popular. Forums and the like, maybe, but Forums aren't always a ood representation of far larger trends. That being said, I can make a few bland predictions at the least, like Wukong may drop a bit in usage, and I can see Revenant being boosted a lot more, Archon Hunts and more content where Perma Death is a thing, make him quite appealing to many. Wisp whilst overall probably seeing usage, will now be a bit split between regular and Prime. Similar effect with Grendel, on a lesser scale. Prime will see decently higher numbers than regular, than has been the past. Easier to acquire, being a Prime. Though was still released a lot later too. Not sure who will be top. Excalibur (and Volt) will be high as always, i imagine Mesa and Saryn will be up there. I think some of the new Warframe like Citrine will be relatively higher than last years new Warframes. 

Weapon wise, that will be interesting. Primary. I think the big AOE weapons of the past will dip, hit by the ammo nerfs. Incarnons will also be interesting to see. Very powerful and popular, but... the requirements to get them. Some are also available for Plat. Will they have a larger usage for that reason? Or do a lot of the Warframe player base engage with Steel Path Circuit, at least a little, to get such items? I can see the Incarnon weapons having usage boosts, Torid, Miter, Latron. Burston, Strun, Boar, I think too. I think Fulmin Prime will be decent. Sort of interested to see where Felarx and Kuva Hek fall. Not expecting super high, but curious. Nataruk and Tenet Arca Plasma I see being generally high as usual. 

Secondaries. Similar to Primary, weapons like Lex Prime, Dual Toxocyst on the rise. Epitaph, Laetum, Kuva Nukor being still popular. Oh and Atomos as well. Lex and Atomos were already decently high anyway, so may be boosted by Incarnon hype. Book I can see being popular in the future, but it was only just released, so won't have that much impact yet. Melee. I can see Ceramic Dagger getting a boost, but Xoris, Glaive Prime, Broken War still being pretty high. Other Incarnons being more used, just not necessarily as much as certain gun Incarnons, and more inline with their existing popularity, save those with unique properties, like the Ceramic. Melee Arcanes, TennoKai, whilst I think will have an influence, again, its recency is too late to have too much influence on such stats yet. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

it definitely needs something, either an Incarnon Genesis, or an upgraded variant, most likely a Prisma Veldt. it was outclassed by the Latron family even before Incarnon Geneses, and in the post-Incarnon meta, few weapons hold a candle to the Incarnon Latron, Veldt is like a nerf gun in comparison. shame as I like the looks and sounds of the weapon, but it just isn't strong enough to warrant taking to places like Netracells or SP Circulus.

I'm always for a new Incarnon. I like the mechanic itself but I mostly like that I have more modding freedom thanks to the high Riven dispo. Since DE gives only 0.5 Dispo to new weapons, I stopped looking forward to new weapons.

• Like 2

I would be surprised if Wukong isn’t 1st ngl. He’s still on his streak, and even with all the doom posting he got the past year, he’s still a better than great pick for everything. 
Caliban’s usage will finally give DE the excuse to rework him, no way they’d let him go another year with… that kit… right…? 
I can see a large spike of random weapons thanks to incarnon, and AOE weapons taking a drop, much like with last year. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

I reckon Panzer Vulpaphyla is still most used companion, unless more people discovered the potency of Hounds after the first part of the pet rework. 

Yeah Panzer will likely still be of high use since it is just too reliable as a healing tool with Hunter Recovery and Quills combined, plus they can access tenacious bond. Plus they still count as alive in larva form, so even if they go down you have access to bond mod buffs. Hounds sure are great but they cant heal you or buff your crit damage.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Skoomaseller said:

Last year's didn't come out until near the end of January.  I just hope we get them.  Every year I love seeing the stats, but I'm also a little surprised DE bothers.    I think it's only because it started out as something Reb felt strongly about  Hopefully she continues to feel that way even with all her responsibilities.

8 hours ago, Skoomaseller said:

I think vanilla Atlas or Trinity will still be at the bottom.  If we're excluding base frames that have a prime version, then Cali seems like a good guess.  Not great, and his reputation is even worse; hard to acquire, and a lot of people think he's ugly.  And still no augments or skins. :/

For Primary, still Carmine Penta.  Harder to acquire than Veldt, and quite bad compared to even more AoE options than last year.   and why u pickin on Veldty-poo???

Secondary: Detron.  Melee: Kreska or Galvacord.  Really I'm just taking the bottom ones from last year, as I don't see much reason for these to have changed.

6 hours ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

Miter is the only I struggle to charge but that could be just me and my bad aim.

I wouldn't automatically say "bad aim" but it does seem odd.  I think Miter is one of the most forgiving out of the the ones that require headshots.  Furis is the only one of those I can think of that is as easy.

• Like 1

Don't see the top 5 frames from last year changing.

even with nerf to wuclone, wukong is used quite a bit.

Revenant will be jumping in usage

Ogris, Zarr Bramma taking a nosedive to Mariana trench, Tonkor & Envoy getting increases

Incarnon weapons are generally gonna dominate the top 10

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

For Primary, still Carmine Penta.  Harder to acquire than Veldt, and quite bad compared to even more AoE options than last year.

all of your predictions make better sense tbh

2 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

and why u pickin on Veldty-poo???

xd it was already awfully middling when it first dropped

If you want predictions, you can use Overframe's tier list as reference.

Here is my predictions (Normal and Variants combined) :

Top Warframes  : Wisp, Octavia, Saryn (even more ridiculous because green archon shards), Xaku, Monke, and Revenant (usage will spike because ease of acquisition of the prime variant instead of the normal variant).

Top Primaries : Anything that has large blast radius and incarnons.

Top Secondaries : Any beam weapon that can chain, any weapon that has a large blast radius, and incarnons.

Top Melees : Glaive Prime, Xoris, and Broken War, possibly innodem because it has the highest melee range in the game. 

General rule of thumb, if a setup has BIG RANGE, it will be meta/popular because range > damage nowadays.

Edited by DrivaMain

20 hours ago, Skoomaseller said:

Holy #*!% I agree. Not inaros or loki or whatever, THIS GUY needs help. he literally has nothing going for him (outside of MAYBE Fusion Strike but even then, Xaku exists lmao). he should be next in line for a rework, honestly imo

honestly, caliban isnt as "bad" in the current meta as loki or inaros.

the big issue with caliban is that he's never been good.

inaros and loki have had a long time in the sun and simply fell off because of powercreep. people *remember* them. 

meanwhile im pretty sure the majority of the playerbase forgets caliban even exists, he's never been relevant or interesting. 

so yeah, he does still deserve the rework most, even if he's not THE worst, loki and inaros can sit back and wait a bit longer since they used to be good. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...