Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Players who are not using PC shouldn't be allowed to host PUBLIC missions

Waeleto

It's awful to join a mission and find that the host isn't on pc and have to endure terrible enemy spawn, non-pc users shouldn't host public missions until this is changed/fixed
Keep in mind that turning crossplay off places you in a separate server completely so you're basically punished for it

• Like 10

Yeah, i doubt DE will do much about it. Plus many console players aren't aware of the issue and i for one would LOVE more spawns all the time, but DE wants the game to be run -and hosted - on just about everything.. Even Mobile.

You think console hosts are bad, wait till you're hosted by an iPhone from like 5 years ago lol.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

As much as I agree with you, there are 2 solutions to your problem

Go Solo

Or

Disable Cross-play

Sure, but the point of crossplay is build parity, and that's just not the case in this game.

• Like 2

Yeah, I for one always support crossplay, but even I have to admit that console hosts just don't work.

80% of the connection issues I run into only seem to happen when the host is on console. Extremely long loading screens, disconnects when trying to join a squad (not even loading the mission yet), people getting desynced (recently in steel path circuit, one of us was stuck in a defense mission while everyone else moved on to the assassination, which got softlocked until the guy in the defense left the squad), you name it.

Don't get me wrong, these things can happen with a PC host as well, but in my experience, it's almost always console hosts.

I'm honestly about to disable crossplay entirely just because of these issues.

I can deal with the loading screens, but everything else is just too much.

Edited by o0Despair0o
typo
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

What do you mean?

Crossplay requires build parity between platforms, but it's just a fact that PS4 Warframe =/= PC Warframe.

5 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

I have Corssplay disabled and I can get into public missions just fine?

Cool, but I like to trade and play in highly populated missions. Disabling cross-play can absolutely make matchmaking more of a pain depending on your region, what you're playing, and if you're trying to recruit.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Waeleto said:

It's awful to join a mission and find that the host isn't on pc and have to endure terrible enemy spawn, non-pc users shouldn't host public missions until this is changed/fixed
Keep in mind that turning crossplay off places you in a separate server completely so you're basically punished for it

So what you're saying is, console players should only be allowed to join lobbies/do friends only because it's too much for you to do a PC only or friends only lobby? 

Also it isn't even console players' fault, the current gen consoles are definitely capable of running more enemies.

• Like 2

Wouldn't hurt to increase the spawns for old gen, idk if PS5 and Series X have lower spawns too( they shouldn't).

Even if they increase the spawns there would still be complaints about loading times but I suppose this isn't exclusive to console just old hardware

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Wouldn't hurt to increase the spawns for old gen, idk if PS5 and Series X have lower spawns too( they shouldn't).

Even if they increase the spawns there would still be complaints about loading times but I suppose this isn't exclusive to console just old hardware

Here's the problem, i don't think they can increase the spawn for these devices

8 minutes ago, Waeleto said:

Here's the problem, i don't think they can increase the spawn for these devices

Why not? A switch player can join a PC player and get their spawns, haven't heard anyone complain about their game being slower when that happens

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Why not? A switch player can join a PC player and get their spawns, haven't heard anyone complain about their game being slower when that happens

The Switch is not the device processing those extra spawns. In PC, your CPU usage is higher for a reason when you're the host.

Mission: Netracells

Public CPU usage (Host): 65%

Public CPU usage (Client): 45%

You can think of the host as the device taking the processing calculation grunt while clients just get the result of the calculations running in the host's PC. This is why the host's system affects performance for everyone else even when it's PC-only.

Edited by Jarriaga
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Voltage said:

Crossplay requires build parity between platforms, but it's just a fact that PS4 Warframe =/= PC Warframe.

I cannot believe I had to look up "parity" x.x

But yes, now that makes sense, thank you xD

3 hours ago, Voltage said:

Cool, but I like to trade and play in highly populated missions. Disabling cross-play can absolutely make matchmaking more of a pain depending on your region, what you're playing, and if you're trying to recruit.

Fair enough, but since I am in a region where I can get a ton of PC players without a hassle, I've never had an issue.

I'll never likely turn on Cross-play until either PC is set as #1 as a Host, as it's only gotta get worse when people try to play on a Fliphone. 

As I understand this isn't a "non-PC" issue but an outdated console hardware issue. The spawn rate issues aren't present on the PS5 and Series X and is only a problem with the PS4, Xbone, and Switch. So if you have gripes with the system it should be properly directed at least.

Really though it's an issue that DE will need to deal with sooner or later. The game launched on those consoles without the ability to properly run the game and have only encountered more issues as the game has evolved. Eventually DE will have to make a version of the game exclusive to those versions (like they tried to do with the Switch), disable crossplay/co-op/hosting entirely, and/or drop support for those consoles.

Of course you’re looking at the PC side of things… Now look at the console side of things…

If PC players were hosts, that would mean they get more enemies, hooray! Except for the fact that the console players might not be able to keep up with the spawn rate. Severe lag, FPS drops, crashing… just downright unplayable. 
I guarantee you DE would have let console players have the same spawn rate as PC, if not for this. 

Once again, the experience of users overall is sacrificed to the altar of trendiess, with obsolete hardware holding back update cert, game performance and matchmaking in the name of cross platform completeness 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Shodian2016 said:

Honestly the way to truly fix the issue is just tone down the spawns for all platforms so it's even for everyone. 

Worst take i've ever heard in my life

• Like 6

Wouldn't a better method be to let people mark "I do not want to be a host" for matchmaking specifically (premades wouldn't be effected)?

I'd have that on at all times since I know my connection is not that strong.

Of course, then that would create a problem if more people click off of being a host than don't, but it would at least do something to help.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Wouldn't a better method be to let people mark "I do not want to be a host" for matchmaking specifically (premades wouldn't be effected)?

Of course, then that would create a problem if more people click off of being a host than don't, but it would at least do something to help.

I agree so much with this

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aldain said:

Matchmaking updates/filters/additions have been asked for a decade. It's really overdue now.

It's even worse when every player on a different platform has the exact same logo. There's no way to know what hardware a player has without asking, and from my own experience, you usually get an angry response when you ask someone their hardware before you invite them.

• Like 3