Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Body shots should grant half the incarnon charge

Waeleto

Torid and Angstrum can do it so why not other incarnons ? especially with torid almost being the best weapon in the game atm
Getting headshots can be so annoying when a single body shot literally kills the enemy or whatever nuking ability or aoe weapon someone from your squad keeps killing hordes of enemies with

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Good point , 

Torid and angstrum should only charge 1/10 of what they currently charge with body shots.

agreed, but also other incarnons should charge that for body shots

If enemies die too fast for headshots then you just don't need the Incarnon. Even if the AOE would make the mission slightly faster you'd have been better off using a weapon that's better vs low level enemies like the Ignis or just using a nuke build.

While if allies are killing too fast for you to land headshots then again there's no need for the Incarnon. Especially with the amount of AOE you'd need to be competing with the Incarnon AOE wouldn't be speeding the mission up much if at all.

All in all it's a non issue.

Nope learn to aim.

The higher the level of enemies the less headshot hits you need to get into incarnon mode, and if your taking an incarnon to an Earth mission level 3-5 then you . . . :facepalm:

I know someone that will bring his bramma to those types of mission and thinks he is owning them, when we all know just bullet jumping past them will kill them outright. :laugh:

• Like 3

Partially agreed. It absolutely shouldn't just be a blanket "half the charge for body shots", as that will affect different types of weapons in wildly different ways.

For example, if you got half charge for body shots with the Soma incarnon, it would only take 24 body shots to charge (currently takes 12 headshots). For something like Soma, it should be more "20% of a charge per body shot" instead.

On the flip side, take something like Phenmor. Also takes 12 headshots, but unlike Soma, is a single shot semi-auto weapon with average to slow fire rate. Letting it gain 50% of a charge on each body shot would probably be fine.

In other words, this would need to be a loosely individual kind of deal in order to be balanced.

But I wholeheartedly agree that body shots should absolutely provide some amount of charge. For one thing, in public matches it's often extremely difficult (or outright impossible) to reliably get headshots (no matter how skilled you are), due to just how chaotic everything gets. For another thing, incarnons are notoriously buggy about whether or not they even register their hits. Look no further than something like Felarx, which basically can't be charged normally due to multiple system level bugs.

14 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

enemies without traditional "heads"

Also, this. Some enemies literally just don't have head hitboxes at all, which makes it impossible to get charge on them in the first place. Body shots granting charge would completely resolve this issue in a very simple way, without needing to go through and redesign a bunch of enemies.

Edited by Hexerin
  • Like 1

I agree with the concept, but 50% efficiency is way, way too much, even as a starting point.  The default method to charge up would become bodyshots.  Far easier, work on everything.  And a successful body shot would tend to give more charges on average than a successful headshot because it would cause much less than 50% of the damage, and thus not be as prone to losing charges to overkill.

• Like 2

Really I feel like kills and headshots should both charge it rather than just body shots.

Slow but steady rev up with kills (the aforementioned half gain) vs fast charge for precision makes sense to me (especially when we consider that one of the 3 core factions are absolute hell to headshot at times).

Edited by Aldain
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Really I feel like kills and headshots should both charge it rather than just body shots.

Slow but steady rev up with kills (the aforementioned half gain) vs fast charge for precision makes sense to me (especially when we consider that one of the 3 core factions are absolute hell to headshot at times).

How... have I never thought about kills as an alternative charge method. Too focused on the "headshots, but still alive" thing, I guess?

Kills contributing charge would be another great solution to this issue though, agreed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aldain said:

This is such a good solution too that i didn't think about
We'd also feel awarded for having weapons that are "too strong"

At first I thought it was a little odd to suggest that Warframes stop in the middle of missions to drink alcohol off each others bodies, to charge their weapons Incarnon, but then I remembered Warframes aren't built like conventional humans. They have all sorts of weird crevices and extra body parts and growths, and so it could be rather novel. Like Citine has all those geodes and they kind of look like crunching candy, and Kullervo has all sorts of drinking game potential, when the knives come out. 

At least my assumption, is that the suggestion is doing body shots off other Warframes. Would be a bit grim if you do that to the enemy factions, and then go on to murder them right after. Not really sure I could stomach that, feels a bit... morbid to party with some Grineer before... well you know... 

Both the strongest and best clearing weapons do not include Torid or Glaive Prime. They aren’t even Incarnons.

3 hours ago, Aldain said:

When you have the option to charge the meter on body shots, console users will use that method exclusively despite it being slower. I don’t like this change because it will affect PC users and the feel of certain weapons. Changing the pace of the game is what keeps me interested, not flying through missions on a Titania or Volt. Weapons charge at different rates and using one that charges slower can be more fun at times. An accidental body shot on an enemy will charge the meter faster since headshots weren’t relied upon but I am not rewarded for having better accuracy. Why does the charging mechanic exist other than for the thematic reasons? I don’t believe that should be the only reason. With enemies that die too quickly to charge the meter, you either live with it or do not use Incarnon weapons in that low level content. Yea, level 200-300 is low level.

Give controller users aim assist like Halo does with online multiplayer.

Edited by Ghastly-Ghoul

4 hours ago, Aldain said:

+1.

10 hours ago, trst said:

If enemies die too fast for headshots then you just don't need the Incarnon. Even if the AOE would make the mission slightly faster you'd have been better off using a weapon that's better vs low level enemies like the Ignis or just using a nuke build.

It's not that simple. This problem applies in high levels too and it just isnt efficient since you spend massive amounts of time on killing 1 target at a time just trying to charge up so you can actually start clearing things properly. Very noticable in SP survival, or getting ready to pop keys into Conduits etc. This is mainly rooted in the bullets hitting too hard, so multishot is never accounted for, while the whole incarnon charge system is based on accounting for multishot, hence the small gain per actual hit. Not a problem to the same extent on the OG incarnons, since they have perks that increase the charges gained per hit that lands. Not to mention how backwards it is with shotguns, where you benefit from a less accurate approach from further range, since more out of the several pellets have a chance to land headshots while also having reduced damage due to distance to target. Meaning that even if some of the pellets land on the body, you gain a crapload more charge than you would with a shot at close range that lands all pellets straight in the head fruit.

So just because we can kill each single enemy with a single shot it doesnt mean it is good or enough, if it was we'd practically all run around with sniper rifles etc. since they do that very thing. It just doesnt work when you face 50 mobs at a time and the life support is based on that, or when you need to charge up a weapon to kill the heavier target that barely takes a dent from your single basic shot.

I mean, even Torid runs into problems building charges at times, since some mobs are too weak to allow you to build charges, since it wont account for your multishot. The headshot requirement is also a massive hindrance versus a whole faction pretty much, since most of the mobs in infested missions have no proper head or weakspot.

As mentioned by @Aldainboth kills and headshots should build stacks. And the best DE could do is make it so a headshot kill would consider your modded multishot even if only a single bullet/pellet lands and results in the kill.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Waeleto said:

Torid and Angstrum can do it so why not other incarnons ? especially with torid almost being the best weapon in the game atm
Getting headshots can be so annoying when a single body shot literally kills the enemy or whatever nuking ability or aoe weapon someone from your squad keeps killing hordes of enemies with

I think it would be annoying and boring to have it this easy to charge Incarnons. Let me keep some type of accomplishing checkpoint.

8 hours ago, Aldain said:

I like this idea! It adds some intensity and anticipation to the fight.