Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mark the frame(s) you dont use !

Started a twitter (thing?)  post , on marking the current frames people dont use

simply curious and trying to see what's the variance or if common ones overlap, for what reason 

a for fun thing to participate in if you want

GFHtK9UbYAAvwjs?format=jpg&name=large

(twitter link for those that find twitter easier to reply to ) 

Example block out i did

Spoiler

GFHtwuBbwAAwtIv?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 4

Not counting the occasional dusting off I'll give a frame for a photoshoot or a "ohh I haven't used them in forever, let's run one mission as them for old times sake" (or when I occasionally do a spy mission as pink fairy Grendel just for lolz).  These are the only ones I ever really use  (I own all the frames)

image.png

• Like 1

Screenshot-2024-02-02-040251.png

I might use Voruna, but I don't have her yet.

Every other frame I either just don't care enough to even build in the first place, or I have/had them and simply don't use them.

Out of those I do use, I'd say my preferences are, from most used to least used;

- Wisp Prime

- Hildryn Prime

- Titania Prime

- Garuda Prime

- Dagath

- Mesa Prime

- Mag Prime

- Nova

- Zyphyr

- Nyx

- Protea

- Octavia

- Banshee Prime

- Ivara

- Hydroid Prime

- Gara

- Gyre

- Saryn Prime

- Yareli

• Like 2

Equinox, Lavos, and Limbo are unbeatable when it comes to general gameplay and enjoyment. Yareli and Zephyr also fall into that category, just less so. The rest I use on a semi regular basis, and the rest are ones that I don't have or don't like.

CCnOUMF.png

• Like 5

Cj9Hld0.png

I main Gauss, but I like to try out a lot of other frames just for variety. The ones I don't use, however:

Banshee: Needs a rework and has the defenses of a wet paper towel

Caliban: Really needs a rework and buffs to his abilities

Equinox: Archaic and outdated in the current game

Gara: She's a decent frame. But I find managing her Splinter Storm ramping damage and timer to be frustrating. God forbid you fall off the map or run into a nullifier bubble

Inaros: Useless meat shield with no abilities. (Hopefully his rework changes that).

Ivara: Slow, clunky and outclassed by other stealth frames and Wukong

Limbo: Has no place in the current game. Enemies have been designed to hard counter his abilities

Mirage: Haven't played as her much. But I found her too squishy and not fun to play

Nova: I simply haven't found a build that works for my preferred playstyle

Nyx: Other frames can do what she does and better

Oberon: Outdated and outclassed by other support frames

Octavia: Boring twerking simulator

Titania: SCREW THIS STUPID HEKKING OVERGROWN INSECT! GAUSS MAIN FOR LIFE!

Valkyr: Rework now, DE!

Vauban: In need of his 37th rework

Yareli: Whoever thought trying to use a K-Drive in normal Warframe missions was a good idea needs to be slapped upside the head

Edited by Ace-Bounty-Hunter
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

Yareli: Whoever thought trying to use a K-Drive in normal Warframe missions was a good idea needs to be slapped upside the head

tbf the idea is ok. it's just another case of "cool idea, terrible execution".

a kdrive with 0% chance to eat S#&$ and 90% dr is cool, but then they forgot to turn off rail magnetism for normal tilesets because none of them support grinding, and also forgot to reduce Yareli's hitbox height on merulina so now she's condemned to always bonk her head on doorways. Thanks DE. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

41 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

. it's just another case of "cool idea, terrible execution".

more like "terrible idea, worse execution".

I use all frames from time to time, I pride myself on being able to do any mission with any loadout, however there are a few that I don't enjoy playing as much at all and very rarely bother to use: 

Yareli: for reasons mentioned above, + being tied to ventcringe, her animations and her visuals. even her lore is bad, despite the fact she actually GOT lore, more than can be said for Baruuk, Garuda etc.

Octavia: I'd take her over Yareli any day but god she's boring..  a better example of cool idea, terrible execution. she came with fun weapons though.

Inaros: also dreadfully boring, here's hoping Pablo's "non-drastic" rework will be enough to make him somewhat enjoyable.

Trinity: Link-Tanking is fine, and as a dedicated support frame she's bound to be a less useful pick for solo, but here's a frame that for me does the same thign as Inaros; act as a durable gun platform. 

Caliban: I really want to like Caliban, because his theme is cool, and I think he has potential.. but he's just so mid.. I know that if he got some tweaks he'd be great.

otherwise, everybody else sees missions at some point. 

Im on mobile so I can't easily mark it out but ... I just leveled up Rhino to get the mastery exp and immediately subsume to put the roar on revenant.... And I must say... I am quite comfortable never playing rhino again lol

• Like 1

1. Volt

2. Nyx

3. Revenant

4. Styanax (I'd use him more if it wasn't for his weird nipples and lack of skins, love his kit tho)

I have the most of the rest but use them rarely or only for something they excel at (e.g.: Frost for Excavation, Nova for Defence, Wukong for Spy, etc.).

Then there are those not even worth having, like Caliban.

Edited by (PSN)Sentiel
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

more like "terrible idea, worse execution". 

eh, she's (and kdrives in general) hit or miss really. i think kdrives are cool, just terribly executed as mentioned.

what's unfortunate is that her very gimmick drives most people away from a very powerful weapons (well, secondary only but I digress) platform. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

Styanax (I'd use him more if it wasn't for his weird nipples and lack of skins, love his kit tho)

I hard agree! It's a bummer he's so aesthetically... awkward? yet having one of the coolest kits in the game imo.

I'm not going through the effort to use a template, only to block out the picture of Caliban. Caliban is not even worth my effort of blocking out their picture. Like come on.. 

Kidding. I also don't play Limbo. I'll try and edit in the template later, but mine is pretty straight forward. Its really only Limbo and Caliban I don't use regularly. Excalibur maybe as well. Also to be clear, I don't have negative views on those Warframes nor think anything negative of people that do like them either. With Limbo and Caliban, I just never gelled with them, no matter how much I tried to explore different gameplay loops. There is a phrase/quote, "Comparison is the thief of joy" and in this context, it sort of rungs true for me, in the sense, that I think Caliban has an interesting design and theme, I couldn't help but think of the changes I think I would enjoy... and now I compare actual Caliban to the one I envisioned, and I like the latter much much more. With Excalibur, I get warm sense of nostalgia, but also... even though its been thousands of hours later, I still remember the sense of wanting to get to other Warframes, and away from my starter. I still think they are great, in theory and execution, and I see them whenever I Helminth a new Warframe. I view them a bit like vanilla and chocolate ice cream. When I have always preferred more niche flavours. 

If anyone is compiling data, add "+1 don't use Limbo" (too gimmicky and Eximus are immune anyway) "+1 don't use Loki" (too squishy) and "+1 don't use Nekros" (just isn't fun)

Everyone else I like, and if the randomizer brings them up I'll use them

(Even the three I don't use have niches: Limbo for Index and certain Defense missions, Loki for Sortie Spy, and Nekros for argon crystals)

The way I've marked mine:

Red X = I don't use/like (You might notice something with a certain frame)

Pink Love = Fav/Main

Orange Bolt = Waiting for Rework

(Note: Ones that are not marked I still use here and there but not all the time)

GFHt-K9-Ub-YAAvwjs.jpg

This will be updated as soon as the next main update comes out (New Frame)

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 1