Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A list of buffs you don't want to be affected with in the loadout

Nikbis

I'd like to be able to auto-refuse some of the other players buffs. Like, something set on the loadout maybe?
I mainly think of Volt's Speed buff. I don't need it, I don't want it.
I know how to be faster than anyone else by myself. Once a Volt is here, I only bump into walls or anything really. I just end up slower than ever.

So please, give us a way to cancel buffs other than by finding a fade-to-black screen.
PLEASE.

Edited by Nikbis
  • Like 9

7 minutes ago, MutoManiac said:

And also annoying when we can see buffs floating around us (Wisp, Protea, Qorvex are the worst offenders) for THE ENTIRE MISSION. Sheesh! 

I still wonder why DE thought that awful Gloom puddle was a great idea

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MutoManiac said:

And also annoying when we can see buffs floating around us (Wisp, Protea, Qorvex are the worst offenders) for THE ENTIRE MISSION. Sheesh! 

FWIW, Qorvex's buff can be dropped by jumping off the map or running into a Nullifier.  Most other buffs can too, but unlike Speed, Grenade Fan etc., Qorvex doesn't normally recast his much.

It's a workaround, and not always available, and the effect should still be made less visually obnoxious and/or opt-out of course.

12 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

I still wonder why DE thought that awful Gloom puddle was a great idea

Especially since it makes Titania basically unplayable. Which has been talked about for years, and DE has done nothing about.

1 hour ago, RichardKam said:

"Good luck with your anti-crit incarnon." - Harrow, after casting his 200% duration Covenant for his teammates in archon hunt (colorized)

I dread to use Harrow exactly because of this. Whenever I take him out, my team has Ferlax x3... 

57 minutes ago, Joezone619 said:

If I'm understanding this, you asking what buffs we would like to opt-out of?

Wisp's haste and shock motes, easily. Followed by anything else that messing with my fire-rate.

Same here. I'm ok with anything except for buffs affecting my fire rate.

DE should made disabling allies buff easier. And no, roll back to disable it didn't solve it (try roll back using titania even if you're not on Razorwing). Most Speed warframe had ability to resist partial status effect (eg.Titania Spellbind and Gauss Kinetic Plating) Just made those ability cancel the speed buff when activated.

As for Harrow Crit, just made devouring atrition disabled crit buff from any non mod source. 

Edited by BroDutt

An option to be able to always refuse a particular buff (like Volt's speed) would be very handy, but also a keybind to remove it would also be helpful so that on a case by case basis you could opt out if you need to.

5 hours ago, RichardKam said:

"Good luck with your anti-crit incarnon." - Harrow, after casting his 200% duration Covenant for his teammates in archon hunt (colorized)

This made me chuckle because I run Lasting Covenant and am quite good at keeping it going infinitely 😆 However I look at my squad's loadouts and move out of affinity range of any anti-crit users before activating. Little thoughtfulness goes a long way.

On-topic, yeah the visual clutter is heavy. Three rows of UI icons is a bit much, on top of the floating motes, shield balls, slabs of concrete, etc.

Biggest ones for me are Wisp motes and Octavia's invisibility. Both interfere massively with my play style and don't need them under any circumstances.

Edited by Nira

Anything that lets me not take Wisp's damn shock/speed motes.

Seriously, Wisp is the new Limbo in terms of "Frame I hate to see in public matchmaking", ESPECIALLY in Defense missions where they drop shock motes at the spawn locations and everything takes 3 more minutes per wave because of that.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Nikbis said:

Volt's Speed buff.

The fix for this is something DE should have done long ago.  -  Remove Speed.

Make it something different like:

Accelerated Reflex:  give a 75% evasion chance and increased melee speed for 9/10/11/12 seconds

I've posted enough about this and don't want to repeat myself, so apologies but I'm just gonna include a prior post & link to that thread: 

TL;DR: I understand why people want this, but it causes way too much confusion in team play / coordination if implemented as suggested.

• Like 1

The only thing I can really think of to help this situation is something like a gear item you can use to disable any active buff effects you have from allies, turning off any of their buff effects for the remainder of the mission until you activated it again.

That would hopefully circumvent the menu issue that has been brought up in the past, limit the system so it's easier to implement and fix if something goes wrong and makes both sides happy by being a simple toggle that allows the buff to occur but doesn't transfer the benefits.

Edited by Greysmog
  • Like 1

I feel this is the kind of things keys should be used for , 

You have a specific build that don't want to be influenced by external buffs ? 

Equip an Oily dragon key , now buffs just slide off you. 

Other than that I don't let it bother me too much , especially if I am playing public.

• Like 2

hace 2 horas, Jorak_Falconstar dijo:

The fix for this is something DE should have done long ago.  -  Remove Speed.

Make it something different like:

Accelerated Reflex:  give a 75% evasion chance and increased melee speed for 9/10/11/12 seconds

That's one of the worst suggestions I've read about that skill.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, (XBOX)Obi Wan Dandobi said:

Just make Volt's speed only affect him. Winds me up a Volt waiting at extraction spamming his speed thing. Makes me just want to stop and wait out the timer

I don't mind not being able to Speed up other players, but I absolutely require to be able to Speed up NPCs and my Companions.

8 hours ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

I dread to use Harrow exactly because of this. Whenever I take him out, my team has Ferlax x3... 

Same here. I'm ok with anything except for buffs affecting my fire rate.

But… his buff comes after devouring attrition

Either I did some testing with his Ult and normal devouring attrition (no fire rate buff) on my Phenmor. He adds crit after devouring attrition.