Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

so when is the Lifted status going away

hello. 

Since the implementation of melee 2.999... 97, the Lifted status was given to certain melee combos, heavy slam attacks, and now some abilities. Caliban's Sentient Wrath does this, though no one uses Caliban, and he is underwhelming. Sorry Calibros, if you lot even exist. 

Now lifted would be awesome... if there was a way to make fighting with it less clunky.

Each hit or even a slight push vs a lifted enemy makes them float away, making it harder to hit them with my melee weapon, therefore making melee combat less fluid.

Is there anyone who genuinely like this S#&$? 

I hope this year they actually get rid of it. It's just bogging down the melee combat experience, in my opinion. 

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

Caliban's Sentient Wrath does this, though no one uses Caliban, and he is underwhelming. Sorry Calibros, if you lot even exist. 

Funny how Caliban’s ability is the only ability that lifts them without suspending the animation. Abilities such as Yareli’s sea snares don’t yet them when they’re lifted. Only Caliban’s (and maybe Rhino’s stomp, idk much about him) Edit: Nvm guess it’s only Caliban. Poor Sentient frame can’t catch a break 

As for melees… it would be cool if you can chain a combo that focuses purely on melee. Such as a hooking animation for scythes/claws… a jabbing animation for polearms like they’re a kabob. 

Edited by Aruquae
F
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Aruquae said:

Funny how Caliban’s ability is the only ability that lifts them without suspending the animation. Abilities such as Yareli’s sea snares don’t yet them when they’re lifted. Only Caliban’s (and maybe Rhino’s stomp, idk much about him)

As for melees… it would be cool if you can chain a combo that focuses purely on melee. Such as a hooking animation for scythes/claws… a jabbing animation for polearms like they’re a kabob. 

Rhino is like Yareli, lifted enemies are in stasis to get smashed, whacked, shot, pummled, bludgeoned or whatever you fancy.

Slight correction to previous statement from community member SneakyErvin: Rhino is clearly not like Yareli, he does not ride a fish stick, doesnt attempt to be kawaii nor suck in other ways. Yes this is a jab at Yareli, come at me bro... or sis!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Rhino is like Yareli, lifted enemies are in stasis to get smashed, whacked, shot, pummled, bludgeoned or whatever you fancy.

Thanks for the clarification

2 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Slight correction to previous statement from community member SneakyErvin: Rhino is clearly not like Yareli, he does not ride a fish stick, doesnt attempt to be kawaii nor suck in other ways. Yes this is a jab at Yareli, come at me bro... or sis!

You have now started a war, I can hear the battle cries of the Yareli mains. The distant “ayaya” as they assemble

I hope you know what you got into 

Edited by Aruquae
*I can not Incan
  • Like 4

Could make for a good melee exilus mod to remove the lifted status from applying since it doesn't increase the dps of the weapon and still leaves the option there for those that want it. But at the same it would still increase the dps because the lifted status straight up reduces the dps of my melee weapon by 90% because of how many missed follow-up attacks it makes misses due to flinging enemies barely out of range.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

take that back... NOW...

wolf-snarl.gif

11 minutes ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

Just make it a Rhinostomp-like thing for consistency's sake and make the mods for it actually good, please.
I don't want to fight car dealership inflatables.

Best description of Lifted status honestly 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

SneakyErvin: Rhino is clearly not like Yareli, he does not ride a fish stick, doesnt attempt to be kawaii nor suck in other ways. Yes this is a jab at Yareli, come at me bro... or sis

She's more comparable to Nezha than Rhino and I would even say she's better than Nezha if the user isn't a potato

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aruquae said:
2 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

You have now started a war, I can hear the battle cries of the Yareli mains. The distant “ayaya” as they assemble

That reminds me of this:

@SneakyErvin remove that comment, you don't want to end as the guy from above video

2 hours ago, Skoomaseller said:

I hope this year they actually get rid of it. It's just bogging down the melee combat experience, in my opinion. 

There is 1 plus of enemies flying from you: you have CC. Sadly, it's either doesn't work (e.g. Overguard) or you want to kill enemies.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Aruquae said:

Funny how Caliban’s ability is the only ability that lifts them without suspending the animation. Abilities such as Yareli’s sea snares don’t yet them when they’re lifted. Only Caliban’s (and maybe Rhino’s stomp, idk much about him) Edit: Nvm guess it’s only Caliban. Poor Sentient frame can’t catch a break 

Strictly speaking, Caliban uses the melee Lifted proc, Rhino uses a modified version of Knockdown, while Yareli reuses code from Vauban's Bastille. They're technically three different status effects

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Aruquae said:

Funny how Caliban’s ability is the only ability that lifts them without suspending the animation.

There's also Spellbind and Lantern, which have the floating animation.  Although they don't behave similarly to Sentient Wrath'd targets in other ways: more resistant to being moved , not as easily cancelled.  And I've heard that unlike Sentient Wrath they don't count as lifted status, although I haven't tested this.

DE had this big thing about air juggling. They really wanted that to be a thing but even if they did get it working. It was few targets and slower killing speed which just isn't ideal in this game. Thankfully they stopped a lot of the massive ragdoll. Directional slam was entirely pointless if you launched the enemy 20m away on a 3m weapon.

Thankfully they listened to feedback on that.
I recall I even made a whole topic about Ragdoll. When it's useful and when it's detrimental because they seemed confused. RIP Sonicor.

They never budged on poor Baruuk though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Hahaha!

Rhmq4fm.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

There's also Spellbind and Lantern, which have the floating animation.  Although they don't behave similarly to Sentient Wrath'd targets in other ways: more resistant to being moved , not as easily cancelled.  And I've heard that unlike Sentient Wrath they don't count as lifted status, although I haven't tested this.

Lantern counts as being "Ragdolled" with is yet another status effect, on top of "Lifted" (Caliban, Melee Slam), "Suspended" (Vauban, Yareli, the Orvius melee weapon), and "Stomped" (Rhino)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

They never budged on poor Baruuk though.

At least Baruuk hits like a freight train so it feels a bit more justified (it's also hilarious in hallways to just slam enemies into walls over and over imo).

...I also want a Tenet Sonicor on the topic of funny ragdolls.

• Like 2

It can be good for some minor CC and hasn’t felt too clunky, unless you’re talking crunchy armoured SP enemies who by dint of their sheer crunchiness makes a lot of things clunky.

I’m still looking for blade and whip stances, and I’ll be sad if the initial lifting strike isn’t part of them since I use it all the time for that purpose

edit: Also, is it just me, or do some enemies like the dog-like Sentients, I think Brachiolyst, get insta-killed by lift status?

Edited by Merkranire

9 hours ago, Skoomaseller said:

there's one way they could make Lifted useful; turn it into a setup for a powerful slam/special attack to deal a ton of damage to that enemy,

you perform an attack that lifts an enemy, then with a correctly timed button press, or a heavy attack, you quickly jump up and slam them down into the ground. I'm envisioning it to be something akin to Air Trick moves from DMC, where you extend your combo by lifting enemies in the air, and if they start getting too far away, you slam them down into the ground to put them back within reach. the latter would be way more useful in our case. naturally it would also scale in damage with combo multipliers, and perhaps it could even be counted as a finisher (wouldn't be guaranteed lethal but would allow for rapid dispatching of trash mobs and even some Eximus units, provided the enemy level isn't insane.

it's also a change to the status itself, so DE wouldn't even have to touch weapon combos, though I imagine it could lead to a potential new Blade & Whip Meta, as it's super easy to lift with those (Mania Acolyte can do it to you as well!). the only major caveat design-wise would be making it work for all melee types animation wise, but I'd settle for it being a "Parazon slam" move instead.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

there's one way they could make Lifted useful; turn it into a setup for a powerful slam/special attack to deal a ton of damage to that enemy,

you perform an attack that lifts an enemy, then with a correctly timed button press, or a heavy attack, you quickly jump up and slam them down into the ground. I'm envisioning it to be something akin to Air Trick moves from DMC, where you extend your combo by lifting enemies in the air, and if they start getting too far away, you slam them down into the ground to put them back within reach. the latter would be way more useful in our case. naturally it would also scale in damage with combo multipliers, and perhaps it could even be counted as a finisher (wouldn't be guaranteed lethal but would allow for rapid dispatching of trash mobs and even some Eximus units, provided the enemy level isn't insane.

it's also a change to the status itself, so DE wouldn't even have to touch weapon combos, though I imagine it could lead to a potential new Blade & Whip Meta, as it's super easy to lift with those (Mania Acolyte can do it to you as well!). the only major caveat design-wise would be making it work for all melee types animation wise, but I'd settle for it being a "Parazon slam" move instead.

This is a cool idea. Something like DMC or the ludicrousness of NieR: Automata, where you can juggle a bunch of mobs in the air while slashing them to bits, then slamming all of them down. Would need a bit of animation/tech work though. 

Or something like League of Legends' Yasuo:

6fbc86808e50e4b4ca44f47a67533a4bdf889070

Edited by Skoomaseller

The one who added Lifted to the very first hit of Defiled Snapdragon's Neutral combo (for Blade & Whip) is a freaking nutcase:

• It make the Neutral combo unplayable: the target fly away from the get-go so the next hits of the combo can't land and you can't go after the target either because this is a not moving combo, completely wasting the forced slash procs from this combo.
  • It also make the whole melee stance devoid of any immobile combo since the Block "combo" is actually not one: it's just a single long-winded hit that do Ragdoll. Totally useless.
  • The Forward Block combo is also a pain to deal with. It's the only other one which also have forced slash procs, but the leap on the second hit can easily overshoot the target.
  • Because of this, the Forward combo is the only usable one in this stance, realistically speaking. It has good damages with a lot of multi-hits, but don't have any effect. Just a bland et generic swing-swing…
  • And the cherry on top is the Heavy attack which is completely useless because the whip attack has Ragdoll AND Lifted, launching the target miles behind us. It's Valkyr's zipline all over again! And with the recently added Tennokai, this monstruosity is even more shocking.

This stance was already a bit borderline before but when they added Lifted, it became insultingly bad. I love Blade & Whip weapons but this stance is a sin.

The bare minimum i could expect from a QoL change for Lifted would be to simply lock the target in place. They did it in 2020 for Titania's Lantern, so why not for Lifted!?

Edited by Yulfan
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

I'm envisioning it to be something akin to Air Trick moves from DMC, where you extend your combo by lifting enemies in the air, and if they start getting too far away, you slam them down into the ground to put them back within reach.

19 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

This is a cool idea. Something like DMC or the ludicrousness of NieR: Automata, where you can juggle a bunch of mobs in the air while slashing them to bits, then slamming all of them down. Would need a bit of animation/tech work though. 

I love Devil May Cry, but the thing there is: it's actually got difficulty balance. There is a maximum speed at which the developers intended enemies to die, and there's only a couple of them around at once anyway (outside of the bonus Legendary Dark Knight mode). The difficulty is learning when to attack and when to not, when it's safe to extend your combo and when it's not safe, which attacks are safe to parry (starting a combo that way) and which have to be dodged

So yes, in DMC games I can absolutely see the difference between an aerial attack that launches enemies away and another aerial attack that slams them down

Warframe enemies don't do any of this. They have one job: slowly surround you while holding down the trigger, and so you have only one solution: stun or kill them before they can do that. They spawn by the dozen instead of three at a time. And there's no limits on how fast they can die, you can wipe a crowd with one button press if you can find the weapon that does it. I love Warframe, but a test of skill is not the specific flavor I'm expecting from it

Extending your combo is not really a thing in Warframe, and a move explicitly designed to do so is the opposite of what most players want

11 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

I love Devil May Cry, but the thing there is: it's actually got difficulty balance. There is a maximum speed at which the developers intended enemies to die, and there's only a couple of them around at once anyway (outside of the bonus Legendary Dark Knight mode). The difficulty is learning when to attack and when to not, when it's safe to extend your combo and when it's not safe, which attacks are safe to parry (starting a combo that way) and which have to be dodged

So yes, in DMC games I can absolutely see the difference between an aerial attack that launches enemies away and another aerial attack that slams them down

Warframe enemies don't do any of this. They have one job: slowly surround you while holding down the trigger, and so you have only one solution: stun or kill them before they can do that. They spawn by the dozen instead of three at a time. And there's no limits on how fast they can die, you can wipe a crowd with one button press if you can find the weapon that does it. I love Warframe, but a test of skill is not the specific flavor I'm expecting from it

Extending your combo is not really a thing in Warframe, and a move explicitly designed to do so is the opposite of what most players want

ok but this is sick as hell tho and much better than the current "enemies just float and the slightest breeze could send them flying at mach 30"

7cJL.gif