Whispers in the Walls: Update 35.1.0

[DE]Danielle

7 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Fixed a bug with Trinity’s Well of Life and self-stagger-inducing weapons that allowed Thumpers in the Plains of Eidolon to be one-shot. 

• In order to address this bug, the Well of Life wisps will no longer spawn from self-staggering and as an additional precaution to prevent similar issues from occurring, they now negate 5% (previously 10%) of the maximum Health of non-ability immune bosses (non-boss targets still receive 10%). While we understand this may have been a popular way to use the ability, the interaction with certain boss units, such as Thumpers, allowed players to bypass the intended gameplay loops that make these units challenging in comparison to standard enemies. 

I'm not even surprised, I've seen this coming when people started making videos on it.

So, will us older players who grinded out the original debt bond rankup requirements be getting COMPENSATED for that oooorrrr?

Because I quite literally reached max rank with Solaris United a few weeks ago and had to go through that entire process of getting all those debt bonds, which has now been made worthless by proxy of them costing a mere fraction of what they used to. 

Im not saying to undo this change, that grind was awful and this is a much appreciated rebalance of that but could you atleast give back the debt bonds to those of us who DID suffer through that or literally anything as compensation?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Damn, that was pretty much the only thing keeping Zephyr relevant for me. Now I have no reason to use her, as the rest of what she offers is available in better forms from other frames with less jank involved. Why fix such a harmless thing after so many years? Especially since a lot of people enjoyed it...

They also fixed the gas + slash combo with her tornadoes, which was one of the few things that allowed them to do exceptional damage.

• Like 1

Yo. About 2 and a half years later and Kompressa still doesn't work in Mag bubble.

2+ year old bug report here

@[DE]Linkski commented on this thread made 2 years to the day after mine.

Also Ember and Xaku don't receive shields while using brief respite/augur mods on certain abilities

• Like 2

All air support provide immediate value while Orokin eye provides nothing half the time. Used to be fine when free. Free usage every 5 minutes. Stay and scan or just leave. Since we have to pay a charge now, it should be more worth using. Increase its radius to 250m or make it not cost a charge if it fails to mark anything(already owned cephalon fragments and kuria don't count)

• Like 10

18 hours ago, Megazawr said:

still no fixes for these old bugs:

• unable to see each other in dojo thus not being able to trade

I'm guessing that the Dojo has built the platform for players only to be able to land on it by default.

18 hours ago, K4RN4 said:

Finally no more flood of Zaw and Kitgun rivens.

Its so frustrating to get Zaw and Kitgun ones most of the time.

17 hours ago, DeeDeetheSpy said:

Huh... I thought Air Support was simply made unlimited use like k-drive, necramech call down, or something. This bites.

It was archwing Launchers that DE changed to infinite.

4 hours ago, Jokie155 said:

Ew, I don't want or need more Melee rivens. Less Kitgun rivens is fine, but melees, ech.

I'd like to get none, Zaw and Kitgun Rivens to me are useless 15 endo fodder.

10 hours ago, TheAlchemistKing said:

So, will us older players who grinded out the original debt bond rankup requirements be getting COMPENSATED for that oooorrrr?

Not that it compensates for much more than one rank - but that's why they ran the alerts:

So that's presumably all the compensation they are giving.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Fixed Gauss’ Noble Animation Set having a noticeable “pop” when looping - it has been smoothed out for a more seamless loop! 

That new animation makes your frame look like it is dancing instead of being impatient, the head bob is annoying and is unpleasant to look at, especially when wielding a primary, that much head bob ought to make you want to vomit eventually. Can we have the old noble animation set as an option please? 

Edited by D-e-r-t-e-n
  • Like 1

Make the fish SHUT. UP! in Dojo.

Remove all fade to blinding-white screens.

Fix warframes getting immobilized for a few moments for no reason, randomly.

Fix getting sent to the start of the map when falling out of bounds with operator.

Fix getting stuck after a cipher hack, having to jump to be able to move.

Solo Netracells needs a 20-30% enemy density increase... between the 1000m distance from one console hack to another, 2 necramites often hidden to be as time-wasting as possible (which are supposed to be weak reasons to not play solo I guess but it's actually much faster solo because in a group the alert level drops much slower regardless of the "increased" enemy density with a full squad, while of course having at least 2 useless players in every squad, usually on console because couch and gamepad...) and more often than not also with a very large distance from the killing ground to the necramite and the overall senseless traversing from one end to another of the map instead of just making it take time by adding rewarding and creative steps to the mission, not "go to that point then run for 900-1000m to another point" and so on.

Abilities that swap between modes like Minelayer, Bastille etc. need to have an ability cost, their cost shows 0 because it costs nothing to swap between them instead of showing it for when they're actually cast.

The sound effect and animation for such an excellent ability like Nourish most definitely need to be improved, it sounds like someone is vomiting and a sumo slam because... game is "ninjas in space and ninjas are from Japan...?!?" we get it, it's the ability of a frame that's on the plus size, so what? His theme is gluttony not sumo.

Fissures started from dojo or relay only makes the host's reward available and only to that person.

Extermination missions need to show the next cluster of mobs FORWARD towards extraction, not the single one that's 300 meters BEHIND and close to where you started from.

Augmentable abilities like Smite with Smite Infusion need to have their duration shown in the lower right over the ability itself instead of upper right where the amount of buffs already cover each other up and its hard to discern anything, especially with the companion HUD being so close to everything.

12 hours ago, TheAlchemistKing said:

Because I quite literally reached max rank with Solaris United a few weeks ago and had to go through that entire process of getting all those debt bonds, which has now been made worthless by proxy of them costing a mere fraction of what they used to. 

Im not saying to undo this change, that grind was awful and this is a much appreciated rebalance of that but could you atleast give back the debt bonds to those of us who DID suffer through that or literally anything as compensation?

I totally agree with you on that! By the way, they refunded the resources and credits expended when railjack building requirements were expensive back then. So, at least, we should have our debt bonds refunded too.

21 hours ago, ReddyDisco said:

Rip

This is the opposite of what they should have done, ALL damage coming from melee and it's related effects should be able to proc it. Because the weapons that have those effects aren't very good by default, and this makes them usable. 

Atleast this doesn't ruin the ichor if you are running around and using it constantly. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PHOSPHATIDYLETHANOLAMINE said:

I like this line because it means literally nothing.
BECAUSE IT WASNT POSSIBLE TO TRIGGER THE ARCANE BY JUST CLOUDS YOU HAD TO MANUALLY ATTACK SOMETHING TO ACTUALY RESTART IT AFTER 18s PERIOD HAVE PASSED EXTENGUISHING DURATION OF THE ARCANES BUFF.

The clouds could activate the buff aslong as clouds where on the field and dealing damage as the buff ended since they could proc electrical status on tick. The main thing with this change is that the clouds can no longer spread on their own aside from enemies dying inside the actual cloud. Influence allowed the cloud to kill enemies in a 20m area, resulting in new clouds being created up to 20m away, resulting in those clouds having the same potential to kill and spread within 20m and so on. Hence why it wasnt uncommon to have things die hundreds of meters away from you in locations you hadnt event entered yet on a map.

Dual Ichor is still still crazy even if influence damage instances cannot proc from the cloud. It will still kill and spawn new instances of itself, so bottlenecks can still turn into killing floors while you are elsewhere killing other things. And you can still create clouds through influence kills, so you can still create clouds up to 20m away with your actual melee hits.

So, after a day, all I can say is that all the nerfs to the various Melee Influence builds were expected, yet it shows that DE really isn't on top of their own game. It's been over two months since the release of Melee Influence. If these interactions were nerfed right away, I think nobody would've shed a single tear for them, because they were obviously bugged interactions.

However, because they were left in the game for two whole months, people got used to them. People built around them. People made weird, OP, and overall fun builds around these interactions, so even though everyone knew it was coming, them being ripped away still feels disappointing and annoying, something that wouldn't have happened if they hotfixed them early on.

Sure, maybe we can blame the whole console certification malarkey for this delay, but just because you know why a hammer fell onto your big toe, it wouldn't make you curse any less.

The fact that half of the touted fixes don't work, and the update broke new stuff (as usual), is just the icing on the cake.

Edited by Egathentale
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Egathentale said:

So, after a day, all I can say is that all the nerfs to the various Melee Influence builds were expected, yet it shows that DE really isn't on top of their own game. It's been over two months since the release of Melee Influence. If these interactions were nerfed right away, I think nobody would've shed a single tear for them, because they were obviously bugged interactions.

However, because they were left in the game for two whole months, people got used to them. People built around them. People made weird, OP, and overall fun builds around these interactions, so even though everyone knew it was coming, them being ripped away still feels disappointing and annoying, something that wouldn't have happened if they hotfixed them early on.

Sure, maybe we can blame the whole console certification malarkey for this delay, but just because you know why a hammer fell onto your big toe, it wouldn't make you curse any less.

The fact that half of the touted fixes don't work, and the update broke new stuff (as usual), is just the icing on the cake.

I think they're in a tough position, partly self-inflicted.  Very complicated game that's showing its age.  Limited testing and no public test cluster.  Harsh development cycle.  Ponderous bugfix cycle after the initial flurry of hotfixes following a major update.  An element in the community that's been traumatized by DE's priorities and reactions in the past and has the attitude "Beneficial bugs need to be kept secret, and snitches get stitches."

Anyway, I agree with you.  It would have been better to have fixed this right away,   I just expect more of the same, and my main hope is it doesn't get worse.  Maybe they can get a regular PTC going again, which in 2022 Reb said was still something they wanted to do after simultaneous platform releases and crossplay were sorted out. 

18 hours ago, PHOSPHATIDYLETHANOLAMINE said:

I like this line because it means literally nothing.
BECAUSE IT WASNT POSSIBLE TO TRIGGER THE ARCANE BY JUST CLOUDS YOU HAD TO MANUALLY ATTACK SOMETHING TO ACTUALY RESTART IT AFTER 18s PERIOD HAVE PASSED EXTENGUISHING DURATION OF THE ARCANES BUFF.

I'll come clean and happily inform you that it indeed was proccing with the toxin clouds if they had electricity imbued via modding or other means

Believed it to be intentional, but alas, it was not. 

And now it's fixed and spreads it less than it was initially, but it's still fine. 

Don't comment on something if you've never used it or tested it extensively to see if there was an impact or not. 

On 2024-02-20 at 6:29 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

NEW PLAYER PATH IMPROVEMENTS

All good things.

Enemies hit with Amphor’s AOE will now count towards the “Hit Enemies with X Amphor” Alchemy Bounty Challenge. 

Thank you!
Maybe now I'll start doing those bounties again.

Changes: 

All excellent.

Fixed the Grimoire’s alt-fire not benefitting from Multishot Mods. 

• Multishot Mods will now properly increase its alt-fire’s chain depth. 

What, pray tell, is chain depth?

Also, you are aware that, at least from the visual indicator, (Primed) Fulmination doesn't increase the alt-fire's AoE, and never has?
Is this a bug, or intended function?

Fixed being able to gain Melee Combo by unconventional means if your Melee Combo Duration was negative. Indirectly also fixed Heavy Attacks not consuming from Combo Counter when Melee Combo Duration was negative. 

Fixed Melee Influence’s buffs applying to clones spawned from Warframe abilities (ex: Mirage’s Hall of Mirror clones). 

Sad, but probably a good thing.

Fixed Last Gasp getting canceled (and as a result killing Operator/Drifter) after hitting the Melee attack binding. 

• Now, the Melee attack binding needs to be held down to end Last Gasp before it times out. 

LMAO! I hadn't realised this was a thing.
Good to know, though.
(Speaking of, can we please get a /die, or /killme? /Unstuck is usually good, but doesn't always work, and doesn't always fix everything.)

Edited by Chroia

vor 20 Stunden schrieb whatstheBeezu:

By the way, Hydroid's passive still does not apply to demolishers and bosses. Maybe will we get this fixed in the upcoming update?

Hiho! I checked with Design and the intention for Hydroid's Passive is for it not interact with VIP enemies (i.e. Demolishers).

• Like 1