Whispers in the Walls: Update 35.1.0

[DE]Danielle

vor 4 Stunden schrieb [DE]Danielle:

Upon completing the Venus Junction, players will now be rewarded with a new Aura Mod: 

This is a major improvement. Prior to this, new players were never using aura mods.

Talk to Thursby in Fortuna” stage: Lowered the Health of the Corpus Spy Drone (from 8,000 to 2,500) you have to shoot down and hack to progress. 

Glad you found this one.

Saya’s Vigil Quest Changes: 

• “Locate the Shatter-Lock pieces” stage: 

There is a reason that tutorials on this quest stage on Youtube have over a million views since its 2017 release with thousands of players venting about their frustration from searching for hours with no success. And that was before you made that quest mandatory.

I guess the prog stop where exiting the search area in any of the mission stages bricks mission progress without new players realizing it will be fixed at some point in 2025, yes?

The extraction scenes being ridiculous placeholder drone going up, you will notice in 2026?

New players speaking to Konzu then entering the Plains to search for Saya 'on the outskirts of Cetus' wasting hours of time while also unknowingly aborting the quest? Cant you just lock the door until they find Saya IN Cetus?

New players talking to Saya then making the same mistake, because they have to talk to her twice and click 'accept' and they dont know that and instead run into the Plains again?

Saya's Vigil is the worst quest in the game and you made it mandatory for game progression without checking for pitfalls at least once. How is your game design philosophy still 'me and my coworker could do it so anyone can' and not 'how could a player get stuck here'? New players didnt watch 176 devstreams, many dont even search for info outside the game. Many dont even pay attention half the time. Do you want paying customers or not?

Fixed Netracell Keyglyphs equipping onto the player closest to the terminal instead of the player that actually selected it. 

Do nearby companions still prevent me from picking up keyglyphs?

You will no longer be forcibly dismounted from your Kaithe in Duviri when near the Table for Two and Void Mirror objectives. In its place, a message will pop up to inform players that they must dismount first. 

Finally.

Fixed Daughter saying a line about Brother when visiting her for the first time in the Heart of Deimos Quest (at this point in the Quest, you had not met Brother yet, which was understandably confusing). 

Player have been giving feedback about this issue for a long time. Glad it has been finally looked at. Disruption on Jupiter still uses Little Duck dialoge instead of the intended Ordis/Alad V conversations though (https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Alad_V/Quotes#Corpus_Gas_City_Disruption) fixed but not in patch notes

Fixed lip sync missing on some transmissions in the Saya’s Vigil Quest. 

This happened after Konzu showing the weird drawing of him, Saya and Onkko to the player . With all the fixes it almost seems like you made someone look at the early game content and that is good. Most players drop off early because of all the pitfalls and poor game design. All it takes is one employee at DE to be responsible and repeatedly look at videos, VODs and other new player response to fix those big issues. You want the game to grow, right?

Edited by Terroriced
  • Like 1

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Delmesa:

This cites Oro, Earth; but I'm curious as to if this was a general patch that was applied to Yareli rather than the arena interaction specifically, because she has this issue everywhere. I love her, but she's currently too much of a liability to play. The bug usually causes a loss of mission progression and rewards.

These issues are bound to specific locations, sadly. If you know of other locations that also put Yareli in an incorrect reset position, please send F6 screenshots to support and tag me. Thanks!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Fixed alt-fire for Secondary weapons and Incarnon Mode not activating when dual wielding with Glaive.

Except you didn't fix not being able to heavy attack with glaives. If anything, it's harder to workaround now than it was before.

3 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Fixed Zephyr’s Tornadoes having an unintended damage cap of 500k.

The Tornados still can't transfer damage after the cap. They deal damage and status procs, but you can no longer shoot the Tornados to transfer weapon damage.

----------------

And don't forget that Garuda has been unable to use Dread Mirror on overguarded enemies for 22 months now.

This massively gimps her kit by making it so she can't spawn her Dread Heart or shield. Overguard is supposed to be CC immunity only. Other frames like Kullervo, Ash, Voruna, Atlas, Valkyr, etc... teleport/leap/dash to overguarded enemies and activate their effects just fine.

• Like 10

Could Excalibur Umbra be put into Cephalon Simaris's shop? People that merged accounts have multiple umbras now, but currently there is no way in game to build another one. The only way is to make a new account, complete the sacrifice, and then merge accounts. I wanted to try out a precision intensify, shield based Umbra but it would require me to forma over the umbral polarities. Feels bad when you can only have 1 umbra, and umbral forma being so rare.

Edited by SECURATYYY
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Duality52 said:

Speaking of the Thraxes, their abilities need some addressing. There's no meaningful counterplay to their abilities as they get complete invulnerability and they tend to use their abilities upon seeing you within range.

Legati are particularly more notorious with their Magnetic Beam clones, as cilents can't disable the Clones nor does destroying the clones deal any ill effects to the real Legatus. The Void Angels and even the Fragmented Trios have ccounterplay to their attacks that can even stagger them, but what about the Thraxes?

Completely agreed with this. There's not way to interrupt them from using them either, especially Legati who just instantly becomes spectral. If there was an in-between animation, it would already be better, but even more if you could somehow knock them out of the form or prevent them from going in the first place (similar to Dax units using their special attacks).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

• Fixed Melee Influence being triggered by Dual Ichor Incarnon’s Toxin fields.  
    • Melee Influence is intended to trigger “On Melee Electricity Status” and not from secondary effects (as they are not considered direct Melee hits). Since the Toxin fields deal damage independently of Melee attacks, it does not meet the Arcane’s criteria of triggering only if the Electricity Status originates from the weapon in hand.

My desk demands compensation for the injury it sustained upon me reading this. Its got a pretty good lawyer, so I'd be worried.

• Like 4

5 часов назад, [DE]Danielle сказал:

Fixed Orokin Eye and Kahl Beacon not consuming Air Support Charges.

x100 air support charges blueprint where?

I'm using Orokin Eye during every mission I play (sometimes more than once). Do you think I'm going to spend hours standing at the foundry, crafting x10 packs?

• Like 10

Will we ever get a fix for the operator -> warframe transference bug?

I've been trying to do endurance but i end up giving up due to the bug stopping me from using weapons, abilities or rolling in general. 

(im pretty sure players call it moonwalking but oh well) 
the only known way to fix this is their through activating archwing OR bleeding out, i just really want this bug to stop occuring so i can actually play the game at relatively high levels.

• Like 3

I've gone through several Steel Path incursions since the recent update (5-10 mins in mission) and no acolytes have been spawning. Don't know if this is just a one-off or if the fix to allow more spawns in Alchemy broke something else. 

Edited by NeDesitVirtus

Oh btw: it's been over a year and a half that Khora Prima Helmet textures are broken when Tennogen skin are equipped:

And over 2 years that default and Tennogen Khora skin have huge anchor points issues:

My usual rant:

Bugged or straight up poorly placed anchor points are reccuring problems that are bond to keep occuring through the years. And even when the anchor point are fine, there are plenty of armor pieces that do not fit on some frames because of the geometry of the models.

That why i'll repeat YET AGAIN that a really needed feature would be to let players adjust the x/y/z position and rotation of armor pieces and syandana, the same way we are able to with melee weapons. In the end, it would be more customisation for the players and less troubleshoot for the devs.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, NeDesitVirtus said:

I've gone through several Steel Path incursions since the recent update (5-10 mins in mission) and no acolytes have been spawning.

Which ones?  FWIW I just did the Corpus Spy (can't recall which node) and an Acolyte spawned at about 6.5-7m.  

This is an amazing number of fixes in a single release.

I see that people have mentioned that the problem causing players not to appear in a Dojo for trading is still a problem. However, if I wait 10-20 seconds they always seem to show up now. However, this may be a bigger problem for players with slow connectivity.

Losing the Melee Influence toxin trigger from Dual Ichor is going to hurt the weapon damage and probably cut the ridiculous prices its Rivens have been trading for. I've been playing this weapon from time to time and this combination was great but it was an improper advantage so fair is fair.

I'm really surprised that there are still many problems related to Host Migrations such as loss of Combo Count causing loss of incarnon mode, loss of overshields which especially bad for frames like Kullervo without normal shields, etc. I don't see why you can't store the squad data in a virtual host now that you have cross-platform save. These host migration issues can be eliminated by keeping this data in each squad member's local store as if they were solo then shared squad data can be spooled to the virtual store in the background without any effects. Only when players extract will they will experience the cross-platform migration as the shared squad data from the virtual host data is synchronously updated to their local store. I'm sure there are in-mission cases where the virtual host data will be needed such as viewing current mission results but again, any transfer delays should only be incurred by the player performing these actions.

• Like 1

Thank you for the fixes! By the way, Hydroid's passive still does not apply to demolishers and bosses. Maybe will we get this fixed in the upcoming update?

Also I really hope the bug in which players lose the ability to directly hit enemies in netracell missions are included in these other issues, since this bug is, at least, related to melee-only mode (hold F) and probably to auto-melee too newly introduced.

6 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

We are aware of and investigating other issues related to Auto-Melee that we’re hoping to fix for Dante Unbound. 

6 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Fixed Melee Influence being triggered by Dual Ichor Incarnon’s Toxin fields.  

• Melee Influence is intended to trigger “On Melee Electricity Status” and not from secondary effects (as they are not considered direct Melee hits). Since the Toxin fields deal damage independently of Melee attacks, it does not meet the Arcane’s criteria of triggering only if the Electricity Status originates from the weapon in hand.

I like this line because it means literally nothing.
BECAUSE IT WASNT POSSIBLE TO TRIGGER THE ARCANE BY JUST CLOUDS YOU HAD TO MANUALLY ATTACK SOMETHING TO ACTUALY RESTART IT AFTER 18s PERIOD HAVE PASSED EXTENGUISHING DURATION OF THE ARCANES BUFF.

But DE be like:

Trigger = Apply

Reality be like:

Trigger ≠ Apply

DUh, you just can't because because because and because of said reason that you cant.
Clouds Deal Status Damage. They Procc Statuses. They have Status Chance. They are indiffirent to Ferroxes localized field of attraction no enemy can escape from.

THEY OFTEN DIE BECAUSE ELECTRICITY HAS LONGER RANGE THAN CLOUD ITSELF AND IF STOPPED PREMATURELY WONT REACH SPREAD RANGE WHICH ALREADY MADE THE BUILD SEMI USABLE.

By this logic Gunblades only "TRIGGER" said arcane on Blade parts.
Any nontraditional AND obvious Zaw Contagion and definitely not Force.

Reasoning: none given. Too easy. Breaks fps on my phone. World record endurance - 90h of pressing 3 buttons back and forth. Stop

Glaive only apply melee with this.
NOW THATS A FIX.

Want to be fair be fair.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

You will no longer be forcibly dismounted from your Kaithe in Duviri when near the Table for Two and Void Mirror objectives.

And with that, long runs of Duviri Experience are again fun, it's kinda weird how such a small change can so drastically affect the enjoyment of the whole game mode.

Thank you! :)

Just tested this, it still persists. It seems to be a bug with specifically Guardian's Promise being '100% efficiency' and not 80% or something if you have negative combo duration.