Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

which of the 10 upcoming augments has the most meme potential?

SDGDen

those 10 being the following 10, as shown on the devstream:

axios javelineers: styanax axios javelin augment, when case, a pair of specters spawn to throw javelins that create their own vortexes (so basically you now throw a spread of 3 javelins on cast), if the spear impales an enemy the vortex lasts 5 seconds longer

damage decoy: loki decoy augment, when enemies attack the decoy, they receive 3 random status effects and reflected damage is increased by 350%, not written here but shown in the stream is this augment making an ENEMY into the decoy, i dont remember if this was a base ability change or an augment feature

divine retribution: nezha divine spears augment, when a speared enemy suffers a status effect, all other speared enemies suffer the same effect. spear explosions deal 10x status damage

elusive retribution: baruuk elude augment, every attack baruuk eludes boost his attack speed and melee crit chance by 5% up to 30%. stacks last 4s. from the phrasing here i'm assuming this is a flat buff and it decays per-stack. 

guardian armor: chroma vex armor augment, chroma's health takes 50% of the damage taken by allies, squad kills restore 5% of his health and increase vex armor duration by 1 second.

loyal merulina: yareli merulina augment, no longer ride merulina, but instead merulina follows you and casts sea snares on a 2s cooldown, potentially even with sea snares subsumed off?

parasitic vitality: nidus parasitic link augment, you and linked allies gain 4% max health per mutation stack (which can go up to 1200% with the passive augment). iirc this doesnt stack with vitality though.

recrystalize: citrine crystalize augment, enemies killed by the crystal growths stagger and spread those growths to enemies within 20 meters

valence bond: lavos passive augment, ability casts grant 250% elemental damage, the element lingers as a status effect on your weapons for 20s. speculation but: what i *think* this means is that your weapons will always have 250% extra damage of the last element you cast, and will effectively do the status effects of all elements you cast in the last 20 seconds.

wrath of ukko: kullervo storm of ukko augment, wrathful advance moves the storm to the teleport location AND increases its duration by 6 seconds.

obviously, a decent chunk of these are pretty damn good, we're likely to see loyal merulina, valence bond and recrystalize become a common augment on their respective frames.

but which of these has the most meme potential? out of these, only damage decoy is for a subsumed ability, so that may have uses on other frames especially with the "3 random status effects" thing, i can see it potentially having use on lavos and voruna but those aren't really *funny*.

parasitic vitality sounds like it could have some potential for insanely high HP amounts. think 10K hp inaros.

divine retribution could also result in some status spreading shenanigans, personally i'm most excited to tinker with this one (although i am putting guardian armor, loyal merulina and valence bond on my frames IMMEDIATELY). 

so, which augment do *you* think has the most meme potential? what's the funniest, silliest or most "this shouldnt work" build you can think up with one of these augments? 

Well with parasitic vitality first come to mind what happens with negative strenght nidus.

Decoy augment - i hope it just make enemies attack decoyed target, and he still is considered as enemy and i hope grendel can eat it, making them attack grendel proccing viral stacks, and extra from decoy, since in his gut he still gets 2% hp as dmg. 

Edited by AntifreezeUnder0
  • Like 4

Fellow meme maker/enjoyer here, and I got some perfect dumbS#&$ ideas 

1 minute ago, SDGDen said:

axios javelineers: styanax axios javelin augment, when case, a pair of specters spawn to throw javelins that create their own vortexes (so basically you now throw a spread of 3 javelins on cast), if the spear impales an enemy the vortex lasts 5 seconds longer

High efficiency spamming. I will get spears, self explanatory. I’m thinking using low duration+Larva. Mmm yes

3 minutes ago, SDGDen said:

damage decoy: loki decoy augment, when enemies attack the decoy, they receive 3 random status effects and reflected damage is increased by 350%,

I’m going to use this with Voruna. High duration/range/strength in order to pounce on people with enemies. In terms of memes though… I was thinking of subsuming Decoy onto Lavos. Hear me out, same setup as Voruna… but you press four to nuke. Probably going to keep it on Ivara though, free cc+status. 

9 minutes ago, SDGDen said:

divine retribution: nezha divine spears augment, when a speared enemy suffers a status effect, all other speared enemies suffer the same effect. spear explosions deal 10x status damage

Now this ability… I love. I’m going to subsume (insert name of thing that triggers toxin and slash immediately) onto Nezha, then get a high fire rate gun, mod for toxin and slash… then watch the world burn. Yummy

11 minutes ago, SDGDen said:

elusive retribution: baruuk elude augment, every attack baruuk eludes boost his attack speed and melee crit chance by 5% up to 30%. stacks last 4s. from the phrasing here i'm assuming this is a flat buff and it decays per-stack. 

I also love this augment, I’m going to use a heavy taunt ability (probably wukong defy) along with the mod that taunts while blocking (Just to get the initial taunt from enemies). High range for a 360 degree block… hmmm then I can use the waves once in a blue moon. Beautiful

15 minutes ago, SDGDen said:

recrystalize: citrine crystalize augment, enemies killed by the crystal growths stagger and spread those growths to enemies within 20 meters

If this scales with range… entire room lockout. Citrine will be the new Limbo. 

il y a 26 minutes, SDGDen a dit :

i dont remember if this was a base ability change or an augment feature

It's only an augment feature, unfortunately 😆

Edited by AegidiusF
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, AntifreezeUnder0 said:

Well with parasitic vitality first come to mind what happens with negative strenght nidus.

Iirc there are two ways in which strength in calculated for abilities. Certain abilities like Rest and Rage and Molecular Prime use that different calculation to allow for that negative effect. I don't think that parasitic vitality would use it that way.

All are somewhat good compared to ones in the past but out of those the three that I can see:

Guardian armor-One thing people aren't pointing out is that Chroma won't be able to die from this augment. Too bad this isn't the subsume ability but could probably make a comeback for eidolons with this with something like dispensary to boot.

Loyal merulina-I'm guessing it isn't counting Merulina as an ally because otherwise that would be the most memeworthy one here. I'd say there is a chance for a bug / interaction with Merulina that could cause this to spawn some stuff.

41 minutes ago, SDGDen said:

only damage decoy is for a subsumed ability

This is a big bummer because precision intensify exists and works for subsumed abilities allowing for some ridiculous numbers. If that status amount is str based that could be huge.

Actually thinking about it. Nidus' and Chroma's Augments could work together to just be immortal walls that just absorb an immense amount damage for the rest of the team. Nidus can boost Chroma's Health and Power Strength, which allows him to give more Damage, Defense, and even Health to the rest of the team if you build him properly.

5 minutes ago, Numerounius said:

Guardian armor-One thing people aren't pointing out is that Chroma won't be able to die from this augment.

What prevents him from dying? 

Edit: this might be a dumb question looking at what I just wrote down lol

Edited by TeaHands

I think in terms of just meme potential that mostly goes to the Decoy and Parasitic Link Augments. Gotta see how the Decoy one really works out but I'm not expecting too much right now but may have sone fun use cases.

Parasitic Vitality sounds like it doubles down on Nidus' issues rather than alleviating them. With a ton of Stacks that you manage to maintain you are practically immortal, but at low Stacks he is in trouble. So all I'm really expecting is someone to pump up an Inaros with this for the screenshot value of a stupidly large HP bar.

1 hour ago, SDGDen said:

This one sounds absolutely unhinged and if its doing what I think its doing this will get my Nezha use rate up dramatically. I also wonder how this interacts with Melee Influence. The way its worded implies that it would re-spread Melee Influence spreaded Status Effects. Really looking forward to this one.

1 hour ago, SDGDen said:

My main issue with this was how finnicky it is needing to hit an enemy to actuall trigger the grouping component. If this augment alleviates that I will gladly use it. If it potentially causes more harm by creating multiple vortexes that end up inhibiting the grouping element I'll pass.

1 hour ago, SDGDen said:

guardian armor: chroma vex armor augment, chroma's health takes 50% of the damage taken by allies, squad kills restore 5% of his health and increase vex armor duration by 1 second.

I'll just assume this gets only used to increase Vex Armor duration and otherwise may occasionally get Chroma killed depending on how the dmg is being transferred, wtheter it goes through his defenses or if its just applied as true damage.

1 hour ago, SDGDen said:

Still stuck in Mirror Defense hell, but this sounds very powerful, especially if it scales with Range and if it ignores LoS.

1 hour ago, SDGDen said:

wrath of ukko: kullervo storm of ukko augment, wrathful advance moves the storm to the teleport location AND increases its duration by 6 seconds.

On the fence about this one. Right now Storm of Ukko feels too Range dependent. Being able to move it alongside you and keep it going sounds pretty sweet but sometimes you want it in a specific spot and not casting WA is not really an option for Kullervo. Also wondering if you need to stay inside its range to move it alongside you or if you can pull it to you from hundreds of meters away.
I expect somebody to complain that this is just Ember World in Flames in non-SP missions though as it practically allows Kullervo to autokill lower level enemies in an up to 28 meters radius while blitzing through the map.

Edited by Raikh

1 hour ago, SDGDen said:

damage decoy: loki decoy augment, when enemies attack the decoy, they receive 3 random status effects and reflected damage is increased by 350%, not written here but shown in the stream is this augment making an ENEMY into the decoy, i dont remember if this was a base ability change or an augment feature

Hear me out, this on citrine

1 hour ago, SDGDen said:

Eh, i would like to try it but i can't really fit it anywhere in my build + i think it could kill chroma ? so i'll watch it from far first

1 hour ago, SDGDen said:

loyal merulina: yareli merulina augment, no longer ride merulina, but instead merulina follows you and casts sea snares on a 2s cooldown, potentially even with sea snares subsumed off?

This one is INSANE, you lose the thing that held yareli back for years AND you get a free subsume slot, i think this is very good for yareli

1 hour ago, SDGDen said:

Citrine main here, sorry still gonna subsume over her 4, it's just not good enough for me

1 hour ago, SDGDen said:

parasitic vitality: nidus parasitic link augment, you and linked allies gain 4% max health per mutation stack (which can go up to 1200% with the passive augment). iirc this doesnt stack with vitality though.

Triple umbra solos

1 hour ago, SDGDen said:

not written here but shown in the stream is this augment making an ENEMY into the decoy, i dont remember if this was a base ability change or an augment feature

How? I don't remember anything like this. Maybe it can or will spread radiation?

1 hour ago, SDGDen said:

parasitic vitality sounds like it could have some potential for insanely high HP amounts. think 10K hp inaros.

From my calculation you will get 7 800 extra health + 650 of maxed Nidus (p) you will get 8 450. Sure, you can get to 10k or even more but... you need 300 stacks. I'm not Nidus user. I've just maxed Prime recently. It takes so long time to even get 20+ stacks. To get to Vitality point (+100%) you would need 25 stacks. From my short plays I rarely get to the ~30 stacks. So for me it's, as player, it's huge nerf. Sure, it helps for teammate but it's only 1 more frame.

If it can be affected by Strength then it could be decent (for short plays). Put 200%-300% strength and at ~10 stacks you will get to Vitailty point.

1 hour ago, SDGDen said:

so, which augment do *you* think has the most meme potential? what's the funniest, silliest or most "this shouldnt work" build you can think up with one of these augments? 

I'm not sure about silly or "meme potential" but Ukko ukko augment sounds interesting. Storms of Ukka have pretty small radius (not big problem) and it's stationary. So you can "fix" those issues with teleporting. Plus you will get 6 second duration (would it stack? That would be amazing!). Cast Storm on one group, kill, teleport to another group and you will get some combo boost.

It could be fun but I would need to test it

1 hour ago, SDGDen said:

Sounds like half-bandaid that would make it more fun. At the moment Javelins won't affect Eximus units (just smal damage, no vortex). They fix it via creating vortex on any impact.

1 hour ago, SDGDen said:

You like K-drive but don't want to ride? Here it is. At this point I would start thinking why you like Yareli. Maybe boosted Aquablades ;)

1 hour ago, SDGDen said:

I'm afraid it would be useless on higher level. If you literally have to kill enemies via 4th ability then... I think it won't be useful.

If it counts any or at least some subset of kills then it could be interesting.

Still, it's like Voruna 4th - bandaid to make it lasts longer.

50 minutes ago, Aruquae said:
1 hour ago, SDGDen said:

High efficiency spamming. I will get spears, self explanatory. I’m thinking using low duration+Larva. Mmm yes

Sounds interesting if you don't like 4th :D

50 minutes ago, Aruquae said:
1 hour ago, SDGDen said:

If this scales with range… entire room lockout. Citrine will be the new Limbo. 

"New Limbo"... yeah, you mean Limbo that won't lockout entire room anymore because it doesn't affect Eximus & few other units.

Still it would be better than Limbo because even it doesn't lock enemies, it will still boost your crit.

5 minutes ago, Raikh said:

I'm not expecting too much right now but may have sone fun use cases.

1 hour ago, SDGDen said:

What wasn't mentioned that Decoy gets stats (not sure if all) based on enemies around. So it won't be as squishy as before (aka live longer).

5 minutes ago, Raikh said:

Parasitic Vitality sounds like it doubles down on Nidus' issues rather than alleviating them. With a ton of Stacks that you manage to maintain you are practically immortal, but at low Stacks he is in trouble. So all I'm really expecting is someone to pump up an Inaros with this for the screenshot value of a stupidly large HP bar.

Wait. 3 Nidus on 1 Inaros. This could give him ~23k hp on max stack. If it's affected via Strength then I could see Inaros with +100k hp. I don't know about specters but those could give ~30k hp.

8 minutes ago, Raikh said:
1 hour ago, SDGDen said:

This one sounds absolutely unhinged and if its doing what I think its doing this will get my Nezha use rate up dramatically. I also wonder how this interacts with Melee Influence. The way its worded implies that it would re-spread Melee Influence spreaded Status Effects. Really looking forward to this one.

If it spread Melee influencer then expect it to be nerfed. They nerfed one incarnon melee with toxic field because it's not "direct attack". This doesn't sounds like direct attack as well.

9 minutes ago, Raikh said:
1 hour ago, SDGDen said:

My main issue with this was how finnicky it is needing to hit an enemy to actuall trigger the grouping component. If this augment alleviates that I will gladly use it. If it potentially causes more harm by creating multiple vortexes that end up inhibiting the grouping element I'll pass.

If the vortexes are in close range then it could be ok.

11 minutes ago, Raikh said:

I expect somebody to complain that this is just Ember World in Flames in non-SP missions though as it practically allows Kullervo to autokill lower level enemies in an up to 28 meters radius while blitzing through the map.

Then his 3rd is in similar situations. Sure, it requires more casts, but it's very powerful as well.

7 minutes ago, Waeleto said:
1 hour ago, SDGDen said:

This one is INSANE, you lose the thing that held yareli back for years AND you get a free subsume slot, i think this is very good for yareli

Unless Loyal M won't cast anything if you change her 1st.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, quxier said:

I just don’t like the stun lock. It’s as if the augment was made for me

1 minute ago, quxier said:

New Limbo"... yeah, you mean Limbo that won't lockout entire room anymore because it doesn't affect Eximus & few other units.

Still it would be better than Limbo because even it doesn't lock enemies, it will still boost your crit.

Precisely, the “New and Improved” Limbo if you would. 
If I don’t respond it’s because Gamingchair found me

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aruquae said:
3 minutes ago, quxier said:

I just don’t like the stun lock. It’s as if the augment was made for me

Welcome to the team. I hated when they removed "cast other abilities" feature.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, quxier said:

Unless Loyal M won't cast anything if you change her 1st.

I hope not tbh, would be really really limiting but ig then i can subsume over her 3

2 minutes ago, Waeleto said:

I hope not tbh, would be really really limiting but ig then i can subsume over her 3

*Usually* when an ability casts another ability it just has the relevant mechanics hard-coded in seperate from the actual ability (IE Exalted Blade slide attack blind), so it should be safe.

• Like 1

For meme potential... Hmmm...

Okay, Meme Single Player Damage; Divine Retribution with Primer and Bleed nukes. Max-Range this, no worries about the actual Strength for the Augment effect; Prime everything at once with even a single enemy hit, then hit one enemy with a high Bleed proc from melee to burst everything like popcorn.

Meme Team Damage; Guardian Armour with a squad of 4 Chroma players. Because, get this, the Vex buffs stack when you're in range of each other. Prepare for that perma-stacked 4x Vex buffs squad to spam all the damage ^^

(Also... it says that you take health damage from 'allies', not 'players', so is this one of those cases where Chroma can tank for the Lures in Eidolon hunting and actually get the full Vex buff out of it? Definite potential there.)

For the most easy-to-predict meme; Parasitic Vitality with a Nidus and Inaros paired up to push Inaros' new rework to silly values. His updated 4 has damage that scales off his Health value, so if this 1200% stacks on more damage, we could get a fun meme-cast out of that one ^^

What else... Hmmm...

Ooh, something I want to try; Nyx Mind control with Loki's Damage Decoy. Not only are you generating an invincible enemy that can attack with boosted damage, you're making that unit into the single highest-aggro thing around and it radially spreads Status on top of the base effects. So throw on Assimilate and drop Chaos so that you don't accidentally die to radial effects, add in that you can defense-strip targets around you... And you'll have a real minion wrangler there.

• Like 1

Loki is a meme, so Loki automatically wins on that front.  Plus the augment does look really fun.

Other than that I'm most excited about Nezha's Divine Spears augment.  I play him a lot, and it's easy to fit augments on him.  Plus I expect there may be shenanigans involved.

Could be great / could be terrible: The Axios Javelin augment.

The one I don't think I'll ever use is Kullervo's.  I mostly  want Storm in a different place than I'm in, and when I want it to move to me I'll just recast.  The duration bonus is a nice little perk, but I'm pretty satisfied with my current duration.  If the augment made his 4 a tap/hold where tap left it immobile I'd be somewhat more interested.

1 hour ago, TeaHands said:

What prevents him from dying? 

Chroma can still die from the conventional get hit and die. But can't die if tanking billions of damage from allies using this augment just like how you can't kill yourself in the dozens of other ways you can inflict self-damage in this game like Hema, Combat Discipline, Nekros etc.

1 hour ago, quxier said:

Then his 3rd is in similar situations. Sure, it requires more casts, but it's very powerful as well.

His 3 is incomparable in terms of convenience. It has LoS and pathing restrictions, isn't 360 degress and thus also requires positioning. It can be extremely powerful but it can also be nigh useless depending on the environment. Storm with the augment however lets you just kill squishies while running past them w/o giving it a thought and w/o needing to stop to cast something. Storm also simply hits anything in its area, ignoring LoS and also covers vertical spaces.

Not that I'm worried myself, things that die that easily to Storm of Ukko aren't relevant content to me, but it has been a touchy subject in the past and depending on how exactly the augment ends up working it may reawaken some old grievances, especially for the crowd thats not playing SP a lot

• Like 1

I'm more wondering about WHEN in March they are coming, but onto topic:

3 hours ago, SDGDen said:

Since I replaced this power with Shooting Gal, this -might- make me add his 4th back to his kit since I hate powers that stay in one spot.

These two augments might make me wanna play these frames, the Axios javelin augment sounds amazing

Other than the Yareli augment, I’m hyped for the new augments. The Nezha, Lavos, Stynax ones in particular.

With Nezha I see something interesting if that aug is combo’d with Archon Vitality and Reaping Chakhram.

Stynax in theory would make his Javelin 1 + Shield 2 combo be easier to do. It can be tricky as Javelin requires you to be pin point accurate to get the vacuum effect. You being less accurate for more succ is great. I do see the player base continuing to $&*^ ride his 4ths augment.

Lavos’. If it scales with duration and strength, that would be insane. It it overrides, you might have to be very aware of what you end on to make sure you got a good element. But I get off on that type of planning. It’s why I’m comfortable using Lavos.

I do think that the Citrine is kind of cracked and unnecessary. As supports go, she’s one of the strongest in the game as of right now. Her 4th was already strong. The augment is juicing it where you can get insane coverage & use out of one cast if your duration isn’t trash.

1 hour ago, rapt0rman said:
1 hour ago, Waeleto said:

*Usually* when an ability casts another ability it just has the relevant mechanics hard-coded in seperate from the actual ability (IE Exalted Blade slide attack blind), so it should be safe.

So Exalted blade still "casts" attack blind even there is another ability infused? Good to knows.

For exactly 17 days, the Nidus augment Parasitic Vitality enters the Meme Consciousness of Warframe players, after several unrelated incidents and coincidences.

00:00.00 of Update 26.01.00. A small subtle unintended error occurs in the Warframe spaghetti code, that would require a Cert fix. The error will now allow recipients of Nidus Parasitic Link, to have multiple links active. A different unrelated error also causes Warframe Spectres access and use of the Mods present when crafting the Spectre. 

00:23.02 of Update 26.01.00. The first few missions of early arrival players to the new update have been completed, with Inaros play percentage significantly higher than usual, primarily due to his rework and many players testing it out and curious about the changes/rework. 

00:29.43 of Update 26.01.00. Player BasedTurkeyBaster using Nidus matches with player xXShadowReaperXx using Nidus matches with Sandman69, using Inaros, matches with BigBootyGothChic, using Wisp. Both the Nidus players have the Augment, all four players are using Arcane Blessing. The Wisp has a Strength Invigoration and their build is Meme. They also happen to be a small time VTuber/Twitch streamer. Not very popular, but very niche. Mildly successful they can attract up to 23 viewers at any one moment. 

00:45.49 of Update 26.01.00. The inevitable occurs. After maxing out their various Arcanes around mutation stacks, power strength and health, as well as various other buffs around Parazon kills, and Reactant buffs, as they are doing a Relic Survival... The two Nidus players both simultaneously attempt and success in Linking to Inaros. Inaros that is already being buffed, by a buffed and Invigorated Wisp. Inaros health total exceeds Graham's number. All the players hardware involved simultaneously combusts and ruptures, leaving all confused, and the Inaros player feeling accomplished and blissful, but not exactly sure why. The only scant evidence of what actually occurred is from a Twitch viewer, LeastHornyWFGG of the Wisp player who happened to be recording some porn in a different tab, but forget to turn it off, when watching Twitch. They have the only record, witness of Inaros health values skyrocketing past Graham's number. They upload the footage to Youtube. It gets 213 views in the first hour. 

01:45.49 of Update 26.01.00  A well known Warframe content creator, with allegations of stealing Warframe content from smaller channels, has an AI that searches. out Warframe content, scraping them for ideas. They come across LeastHornyWFGG's meme video. An idea hatches. They create a team of players, emulating the meme video, but this time, they use Nidus Spectres, which shouldn't usually work but... they start Relic Survival, get all their buffs required, get their set up working well... and wait for the Spectres to use Parasitic Vitality, on the Inaros that is already on a Health Invigoration, maxed out by Health Shards, buffed by the Wisp using an Invigoration... the last two actual Nidus players, join their Spectre brethren, throwing out their Parasitic Vitality cords, so that the Inaros is now attached to 6 mutated, Health empowering cords...  and the Inaros player... as the health values on their character start to rise rapidly... exponential growth... significant health increases, thats a lotta health... red number get big... No signs of slowing down... Is infinity actually the biggest number? Now the red numbers stretch of the screen, but they continue to rise. Its all too much for the Inaros player... who obviously also happens to be an Inaros main. Its too much, they straight up die. Dead. Gone. With a smile. They won. They got the highest health value of any Inaros player ever. Any fictional video game character ever. Not just a video game achievement, a literal math and science achievement. 

05:00.00 of Update 26.01.00 Hours after the incident, mainstream media is reporting on a strange case of a layer dying during a live stream, but details are vague. 

A new Meme is born. 

00:00.00 of Update 26.02.03. A bit over 2 weeks after the incident, DE urgently patches the exploit. The meme is dead. Not in our hearts though. Codpieces out for InarosMainGG. 

• Like 5

those 10 being the following 10, as shown on the devstream:

The way this will synergize with other frames will be absolutely busted, especially on Voruna, Garuda, and Zephyr which will make the entire map into a blender.

Even with Nezha by himself, I see abilities like breach surge or weapons with insanely high status (mostly slash or heat ones) becoming automatic AOE weapons with way too much range.