Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dante Unbound - Dev Workshop: General Quality of Life

At this point you killed helminth eclipse and to hell with mirage she's to squishy to little hp or shield to make use of eclipse's Dr in any instance you really did an Ultimate f to everyone by not buffing all of mirages stats to compensate us for being forced to use such a bad frame

Edited by ArmoredDragoness
  • Like 7

vor 2 Stunden schrieb [DE]Megan:

ARSENAL QOL CHANGE: CUSTOMIZATION FOR “INVISIBLE” WARFRAMES 

Warframes now have Invisibility customization—no longer will you have to be strictly transparent!

Warframes with Invisibility abilities (Loki, Ivara, Ash, Octavia, and Voruna) will now find customization options within their Auxillary Attachment menus! Instead of Invisibility being strictly see-through, players can customize it from being more translucent/semi-transparent to non-transparency with an Energy glow gleaming from your character. 

Can we instead get a general option for this under the game settings that handles the variance of transparency of´invisible Warframes. This would affect all frames that can also become invisible through other effects (For example: cloak arow or Arkane Trickery). I also personally want to see allied players in their invisibility, seeing non-transparent allies would really bother me.

Edited by Smeryl
  • Like 11

Ya'll are overestimating how much weight the damage reduction portion has on how much damage you should give to the dmg increase portion. You are not going to be able to react to hotswap to dmg decrease in time to stop a 1 tap from a high level grineer. The people who use it for damage reduction, are likely ONLY going to use it for damage reduction. And the people who use it for the dmg increase will almost always only use it for the damage increase. 

This also hurts late game speedrunners quite a bit. A 50% reduction would hurt ofc, but it'd be workable. An 80% reduction in power, that's basically gutting the ability for speedrunners. Please reconsider.

• Like 14

Can we get the stats box in the arsenal REMOVED from Appearance screens?
I don't need to see STATS when I am trying to FASHION. It just blocks my view and makes it really difficult to do APPEARANCE tweaks.

Also: Please remove the "Recovered Artifacts" on Simaris' Rewards Console from the MISC tab. It has it's own Recovered Artifacts tab.

Edited by Zykk
  • Like 6

Looking forward to the QoL and new fissures! I was wondering: can Xaku fashion somehow also be preserved under the "invis" changes? I know this is totally different, but I hate losing my cape every time I play Xaku :( you're 99% of the time in skelemode.

• Like 3

Seeing the invisibility customization, I wonder can we get a toggle on Rhino Prime to switch between the aesthetic of his Iron Skin ability? There's a difference between how it looks on regular Rhino and Prime, but if you use a skin on Rhino Prime it changes the Iron Skin to look like regular Rhino's.

I'd like to use skins on Rhino Prime but keep the perfected look of Iron Skin that's tied to the prime skin.

• Like 8

Netracell still remains terrible anti-coop mission where one player wandering around halts the progress for everyone?

Please fix the spawns, how hard is it to spawn mobs near the objective and NOT on the away players.

Edited by Monolake
  • Like 18

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

LOKI ABILITY CHANGES

Decoy now also draws 15% of the Health and Shield totals of enemies within a base of 15m, scaling with Ability Strength and Range, respectively. This should make Decoy much more useful in higher-level missions, as it can survive a lot more exposure to enemy attacks!

Additionally, Switch Teleport will no longer root you in place after the teleport and will now grant you a short burst of movement speed at 50% increased speed for 5 seconds, scaled by Strength and Duration.

These Loki changes are... decent, I still hope DE will commit to a full rework on Loki sometimes in the future to bring his abilities up to par with modern frames. Casting Switch Teleport just for a movement buff though feels pretty weak though, I was hoping for something more offensive. Still this is miles better than what we had previously and its a step in the right direction with hopefully more steps coming.

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Warframes now have Invisibility customization—no longer will you have to be strictly transparent!

Warframes with Invisibility abilities (Loki, Ivara, Ash, Octavia, and Voruna) will now find customization options within their Auxillary Attachment menus! Instead of Invisibility being strictly see-through, players can customize it from being more translucent/semi-transparent to non-transparency with an Energy glow gleaming from your character. 

Invisibility colorization is affected by the primary Energy color of your Warframe, should you select a choice that is affected by coloring. 

Wouldn't it be better to just give that option for all Warframes? Players that use other sources to become Invisible like Arcane Trickery, Skiajati finishers, Ghost/Stalk/Untraceable or ability augments would probably also like to be able to customize their Invisible visibility.

All changes are great though. Thanks for your work on this great game.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Invisibility colorization is affected by the primary Energy color of your Warframe, should you select a choice that is affected by coloring. 

will this apply to Arcane Trickery as well? 

• Like 4

Do you guys even play your own game? How is 30% weapon damage on Eclipse "equal-ish" to a multiplicative 30% on Roar? It's nowhere even near close. I doubt you will even notice the difference on practically any frame.

• Like 13

Any chance this customization could be applied to Rhino too so players can customize the color of IronSkin individually and also set a transparency for it? Some skins are amazing but are completely ruined by the IronSkin overlaying them.

• Like 7

Does this also apply to Wisp's passive and 2nd ability? I'm not a fan of her invis effect, because between buffs and ephemeras it gets kind of hard to actually see if I'm invisible or not.

• Like 5

Love this, but...

How will the frames look to other players? Will they see our custom settings? Or will they see what they've always seen aka floaty name? Will other's settings override yours -- for example, my semi-transparent Ash/Ivara turned invisible by a glow Ash/Ivara?

• Like 7

Again such nice, lovely little changes in there!

I didn´t expect we would get a Invisiblity customization... EVER! So i am super glad about it ^^
A thing i am confused on however is how it will work for other players? Like a Rhino getting hit with Ivara´s arrow, or ashes augmented invis,
should be a Visual Settings-Option, otherwise i would be confused on how to do it for other frames. + Wisp.
Additionally, asking for too much, but i would love a different effect then the simple translucent effect.

Like a Scaling effect of Mirage´s eclipse, Or Wisps visuals (which i wonder why they aren´t ingame?) Breaking off more or less of the model as you like.

Anyways, I´m excited and shouldn´t even complain, thanks for your work DE! <3

• Like 1

DISRUPTION ACCESSIBILITY CHANGES

Disruption is receiving changes to better accommodate audio issues!

While players engage with Disruption, we know there have been requests to de-emphasize the audio element that dictates where the Demolyst is originating. So, with accessibility in mind, Disruption is receiving the following changes:

• When the Demolyst beeps are heard in-game, an enemy marker will fade in and out in the direction of the Demolyst

• The closer you get to the Demolyst, the more permanent the enemy marker becomes.

• Within line of sight, the enemy marker stays permanent.

• The red Conduit is now yellow to better prompt visual clarity between the icons and Demolysts.

Our intention is to better support those who may struggle with audio cues by improving accessibility and gamemode design.

Very nice! 👍

• Like 3

With regard to weapons: Eclipse is a final multiplier. Roar is a faction modifier, additive with other faction modifiers. 30% eclipse is still stronger than 30% roar.
Nourish is still going to be overused, because it grants massive amounts of viral procs around you easily, on top of granting energy and elemental damage for weapons. It may have gotten lightly tapped, but it isn't going to stop people from using it or even impair said usage. They should remove the viral explosion entirely while they're at it. Also, if anyone gets upset about losing viral damage, consider how status weighting works...technically it might be a buff.

• Like 4

DISRUPTION ACCESSIBILITY CHANGES

Please also look into Lua rescue if you are going to try and appease audio issues. That to me is the worst of all in terms of requiring hearing and is a 1,000 worse than doing disruption. The biggest audio hurdle for disruption is knowing what the non-auditory cue is which was never a problem for me in my hundreds of hours playing disruption (have 50x Acceltra BPs for reference). Lua rescure is way worse given the forced animations especially with the forced time limit some modes impose on it on top of the forced animations it has. So if you don't have audio on for it you can fail the mode for no fault since you are supposed to listen for the audio cues to make it under that time limit not jump through 10+ lengthy unskippable animations that burns through the required time you need to complete the rescue in.

Eclipse, super disappointed to not see more being done on the lunar side of things. DR as a whole needs more buffs in WF if you are going to shove more and more don't die content down our throats. Sucks that a 75% limit is still being done for helminth with the justification being that its part of the ability. Roar is still roar and should have been nerfed if you are going the route of adjusting common helminth abilities which had more usage than it.

Invis, good unexpected change. Was expecting it to be more of a static color that you can choose its fade not a tiered system of clarity. Don't play invis frames that much anymore because of fire eximus burning me up through the invis but maybe I will to check this out.

Edited by Numerounius
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Omnia Fissures can be found on:

• Lua: Yuvarium (Conjunction Survival)

• Lua: Circulus (Conjunction Survival)

• Zariman: Everview Arc (Void Flood)

• Zariman: Tuvul Commons (Void Cascade)

• Albrecht’s Laboratories: Cambire (Alchemy)

• Albrecht’s Laboratories: Persto (Survival)

Thoughts:

Please fix squad scaling for Alchemy, it should not that harsh for how tedious it is throw capsules and only punishes those who throw them at a marginally higher rate. I'm okay with some scaling but it should be more on the scale of making it not noticeable . It is instantly going to become the hated node to play Omnia on.

The others modes are eh, would've preferred stuff like mirror defense or disruption. Heck even something on Deimos for mutagen sample farming would have been a blessing.

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

NETRACELL DROPTABLE ADJUSTMENTS 

Netracell Drop Tables are being adjusted as part of Community feedback from Whispers in the Walls that the high-value rewards (Archon Shards) were too rare and potentially realistically unobtainable. We’re removing all non-exclusive Arcanes from the Drop Tables, and the remaining items will have their drop rates adjusted accordingly.

The Official Warframe Drop Table site will be updated accordingly with Dante Unbound to reflect these adjustments.

Good! I'm hoping the five keys in the new mode are not consumable upon mission failure.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Kherae said:

With regard to weapons: Eclipse is a final multiplier. Roar is a faction modifier, additive with other faction modifiers. 30% eclipse is still stronger than 30% roar.
Nourish is still going to be overused, because it grants massive amounts of viral procs around you easily, on top of granting energy and elemental damage for weapons. It may have gotten lightly tapped, but it isn't going to stop people from using it or even impair said usage. They should remove the viral explosion entirely while they're at it. Also, if anyone gets upset about losing viral damage, consider how status weighting works...technically it might be a buff.

People aren't talking about this. With Faction mods being meta for status and primary crit builds nowadays, Eclipse will more often than not be a better buff for weapons than Roar. Not to mention, it's a third of the cost, re-castable, and has a faster animation. Yeah, Roar affects ability damage and benefits allies, but there are a ton of frames that will still run eclipse, and probably a few  new ones that care more about the major consistency increase than the power decrease.

(Though, as others have pointed out, a more proportional reduction in line with roar might still be worth looking at by DE)

And for people complaining about the Damage reduction being "worthless": 1. 90% extra DR on most tank frames is pretty dang great. It's a lot more appealing when it's consistent, and if you want DR from helminth, your alternative is Null Star. On non-tank frames, it won't necessarily save your butt in SP endurance, but in the other 99% of the game there is absolutely utility in "The damage increase isn't necessary/helpful ATM, so I'm gonna multiply my EHP by tenfold".

You're right about nourish too, but it's also something that DE themselves has said when it comes to their expectations for this nerf. It's not gonna dethrone Nourish, just rein it in from "I feel bad for not using it" to "It's strong, and does a lot, but it's not silly to consider alternatives" It'll still be the best energy subsume for anyone who doesn't want to sit still for dispenser. It'll still be the best version of "Cast to add elemental damage" especially since viral is super valuable even in small percentages.

Edited by TriadHero117
added parenthetical line about other suggestion for Eclipse
  • Like 5

50 minutes ago, Kherae said:

That's a good point, but it comes with several important caveats you didn't spell out.

• Like 6

Feels like a huge difference in damage now. Base roar is 50% and the helminth one is 30% that is a 40% reduction in effectiveness from from 50% -> 30%. It feels like that should be the same thing, make eclipse go from 200% -> 120% that is also a 40% decrease in effectiveness. That would keep it in line with how roar works. If you still think the helminth version its too powerful then I suggest lowering the duration, increasing the energy cost, and/or reducing the damage resistance on the helminth Lunar Eclipse. Eclipse might be the most subsumed ability now, but with your suggested changes I can see it falling off the top 5 because it no longer has any tangible benefits for using roar over Solar Eclipse, and there are better abilities than Lunar eclipse, to prevent getting damage. Ultimately we don't need another ability that does something similar to roar without all the upsides of double dipping on abilities that deal damage over time and being able to leave the casting radius after getting the buff.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Masta said:

Feels like a huge difference in damage now. Base roar is 50% and the helminth one is 30% that is a 40% reduction in effectiveness from from 50% -> 30%. It feels like that should be the same thing, make eclipse go from 200% -> 120% that is also a 40% decrease in effectiveness. That would keep it in line with how roar works. If you still think the helminth version its too powerful then I suggest lowering the duration, increasing the energy cost, and/or reducing the damage resistance on the helminth Lunar Eclipse. Eclipse might be the most subsumed ability now, but with your suggested changes I can see it falling off the top 5 because it no longer has any tangible benefits for using roar over Solar Eclipse, and there are better abilities than Lunar eclipse, to prevent getting damage. Ultimately we don't need another ability that does something similar to roar without all the upsides of double dipping on abilities that deal damage over time and being able to leave the casting radius after getting the buff.

completely missing the point. it's not about the difference between normal version and helminth version, it's about where it stands relative to other helminth abilities.