Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dante Unbound - Dev Workshop: General Quality of Life

1 minute ago, [DE]Megan said:

Apologies - I've clarified the post! Nothing has changed with Decoy's aggro. 

No worries. Cheers. I assumed it was just the wording that threw me off. 

Hopefully those "other QoL" coming with the update will include Codex fixes to compliment Dante's Passive 👀

• Like 5

Oh wowwwww these changes look so sick!

I really love the invisibility customization too, though I wonder why it's not being treated as a global customization instead of being limited to specific frames? Though those frames are the ones that most consistently go invisible as part of their kits, all frames can go invisible from other sources like the parazon mod Untraceable, Arcane Trickery, and invisibility buffs from teammates. I'd like to see it be a universal customization for cases like that, but that's kind of a nitpick since other forms of invisibility are more situational/random, it's still a really cool change regardless!

It would also be cool to see omnia fissures appear on Tyanna's Pass to give more reason to go to that mirror defense node!

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

No, this references the amount of enemies (15%) that Decoy will essentially aggro within that range by drawing their attention. 

Huh. I thought Decoy already drew aggro on everything. Thanks for clarifying.

57 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

ARSENAL QOL CHANGE: CUSTOMIZATION FOR “INVISIBLE” WARFRAMES 

Warframes now have Invisibility customization—no longer will you have to be strictly transparent!

Warframes with Invisibility abilities (Loki, Ivara, Ash, Octavia, and Voruna) will now find customization options within their Auxillary Attachment menus! Instead of Invisibility being strictly see-through, players can customize it from being more translucent/semi-transparent to non-transparency with an Energy glow gleaming from your character. 

After discussing with my friend that has been a Wisp main for a while, it would be fantastic if we can be very inclusive with the Invisibility customization settings.

Sometimes it can be hard to tell if Wisp is actually invisible still, so having the option to go fully transparent and such could be good for certain people, even though hers comes from a passive instead of an ability directly.

Similarly, if we are getting Invisibility from a teammate's abilities (such as Octavia), we should still be able to customize our invis settings.

So maybe having this setting be global (across all your frames for Octavia-esq situations), and be able to set overrides on specific frames (in case someone wants their Voruna invis to be different from their Loki invis), that could be good 😊

• Like 22

Eclipse gets nerfed to the ground while Nourish literally gets nothing, Disruption red conduit gets changed to yellow while.... we have 2 blue conduits?? Omni Fissures get added making Axi Leeching the literal norm ??? I'm sorry but genuinely what is DE thinking

• Like 6

Definitely think you overtuned eclipses subsume.

Nobody really ever used eclipse for the DR and 75% isnt enough to warrant subsuming it on a frame. Then slashing the damage bonus to 30% made it so roar is strictly better in EVERY case.

• Like 21

Warframes with Invisibility abilities (Loki, Ivara, Ash, Octavia, and Voruna) will now find customization options within their Auxillary Attachment menus!

Shouldn't every Warframe get this, because every Warframe can turn invisible? Shade, Huras, Out of Sight, Quiver, Smoke Shadow, Metronome, Skiajati, Arcane Trickery, probably some other things I'm forgetting.

Are frame-specific invisibility FX available as an option too, like Ivara Prime's starry effect? Is it still possible to make a frame almost completely or completely invisible? (I made my Loki as ugly as possible as a joke) 

Edited by Clem2-TheClemening
  • Like 22

Two things I feel are worth bringing up.

1) Every frame can become invisible due to effects like Octavia's 3 or Ivara's Cloak Arrow, so having the invisibility customization be available for all frames would be greatly appreciated.

2) I know the QoL list isn't 100% exhaustive of all the updates, but can we get a thought spared for Frost and his poor Snow Globe?  Allies are still completely unable to fire from outside of the globe to anything inside of it, which can cause issues.  Things like Volt's shields and Gara's glass barrier do not have this issue, so having Frost's Snow Globe (and ally Frost Eximus Snow Globes for that matter) only allow allied projectiles to pass through seems horribly inconsistent and inconvenient.  Can this be added on the list for a potential future QoL change?

• Like 16

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Warframes with Invisibility abilities (Loki, Ivara, Ash, Octavia, and Voruna)

Shouldn't this also include Wisp? Her passive and her second abilities turn her invisible when airborn or when the clone is active, respectively...

Edited by Jaynat
  • Like 11

7 minutes ago, KamuiHyuga said:

Two things I feel are worth bringing up.

1) Every frame can become invisible due to effects like Octavia's 3 or Ivara's Cloak Arrow, so having the invisibility customization be available for all frames would be greatly appreciated.

2) I know the QoL list isn't 100% exhaustive of all the updates, but can we get a thought spared for Frost and his poor Snow Globe?  Allies are still completely unable to fire from outside of the globe to anything inside of it, which can cause issues.  Things like Volt's shields and Gara's glass barrier do not have this issue, so having Frost's Snow Globe (and ally Frost Eximus Snow Globes for that matter) only allow allied projectiles to pass through seems horribly inconsistent and inconvenient.  Can this be added on the list for a potential future QoL change?

On the topic of frost, increase the energy of frost prime PLEASE

• Like 12

Look, I know it's a minor issue but it's a one that bugged me for ages and I have been bringing it up for years. Even talked to Megan once and gave her the posts where I brought it up. No one ever seems to want to do this one little thing and cosmetics are such a big part of the game: Extend the rotation range of the holster on melees. They weren't always so but right now the Staff holster, which Polearms, Staves, and sythes use, is upside down. It causes the heads of these weapons to clip into the ground, some weapons like the Broken Scepter unable to see the orb charges for draining corpses with, and the banner skins to have their banners drag or even clip through the ground. Some weapons it is even worse with how awful they clip due to unable to adjust their rotation because it's only like 20 degrees. I even brought this up to Pablo on one of his personal streams and he said he'd look into it when he got to work. And like, I understand he was on personal time and I haven't brought it up again because I don't want to bother him with his work stuff on personal time. But I can't get anything out of anyone more than, "I will look into it." and then other players either agreeing with me or telling me how dumb I am to be so focused on this after playing all these years.

Here is a video I did in 2020 showing different weapons that have a problem

Here is one from 2019

Here is a screenshot of my awesome infested Oberon showing back when I can have a schythe rightside up
vxlcHLy.jpg

Here it is stuck upside down as it is today

eAOfZSm.png

And here is some others.

cV47cnI.png

i4DWcIc.png

JZNaRVS.png

3RaYngl.png

• Like 8

1 hour ago, LordAstigmatism said:

Eclipse gets nerfed to the ground while Nourish literally gets nothing, Disruption red conduit gets changed to yellow while.... we have 2 blue conduits?? Omni Fissures get added making Axi Leeching the literal norm ??? I'm sorry but genuinely what is DE thinking

Axi leeching during a new Prime release maybe but you should be using a Radshare anyway. Nobody is going to be using highly valuable Axi relics in an Omni fissure anyway. The missions are there for trace farming and if the only Disruption fissure is an Axi fissure and you don't have Axi relics but there's an Omni Disruption fissure instead. You can already leech Axi relics by joining a fissure with the least desirable Axi relic and leeching off those with valuable relics that can't find a group for their Radiant relics.

Edited by Ghastly-Ghoul
  • Like 5

ARSENAL QOL CHANGE: CUSTOMIZATION FOR “INVISIBLE” WARFRAMES 

Warframes now have Invisibility customization—no longer will you have to be strictly transparent!

Any customization and/or options for the sound muffle effects?

• Like 4

DISRUPTION ACCESSIBILITY CHANGES

Disruption is receiving changes to better accommodate audio issues!

While players engage with Disruption, we know there have been requests to de-emphasize the audio element that dictates where the Demolyst is originating. So, with accessibility in mind, Disruption is receiving the following changes:

• When the Demolyst beeps are heard in-game, an enemy marker will fade in and out in the direction of the Demolyst

• The closer you get to the Demolyst, the more permanent the enemy marker becomes.

• Within line of sight, the enemy marker stays permanent.

• The red Conduit is now yellow to better prompt visual clarity between the icons and Demolysts.

Does this include how banshee silence almost mutes the the beeping sound wile active

• Like 7

• Solar Eclipse has a base 30% increased Weapon Damage.

• This was previously 150%, it was reduced to match the Diminished Effectiveness of Rhino’s Roar.

You may be asking yourself, why choose to Subsume Eclipse over Roar? 

Roar also affects Abilities and double dips on damage over time. If pure damage is the goal, one would probably choose Roar. Eclipse can switch between defensive and offensive buffs for situational gameplay choices. The idea is they are equal-ish for weapon damage.

• This is much too low for the damage increase. It needs to be around 120-100%.
  • That is not how you "match the Diminished Effectiveness of Rhino’s Roar". Roar is 50% and goes to 30%, so it has 3/5 the effectiveness. So then with Eclipse, 3/5 of 200% is 120%.
  • If the damage reduction aspect is what's holding you back, split the ability in half like Equinox's Rest & Rage. Have which buff the subsume gives be based off the frame's primary emissive color. Or I'm sure there are other options to do the same thing.
  • Like 24

The Solar Eclipse change seems very odd. Someone must really like Rhino at HQ.

Normally, if something only does one thing, it does it great. If it does many things, it does each one good, but not the best. Roar is now the best damage increase for weapons and abilities and DOTs. Eclipse should have been the best damage increase just on weapons. (I guess Volt's shield is perhaps best now for just a weapon?)

I hope we get enough compensation to strip Eclipse off of all the frames, there is just no reason to ever use it.

The Nourish change hits frames with channeled abilities a little harder. Dropping out of Peacemaker for example will take 20% more time to regain energy. Probably livable.

Increased shard access is very good. Really nice changes to the invisibility system and other QoL. I appreciate that a lot of development resources seem to go into these type of changes. It is appreciated.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Option B: Non-Transparent with Glow

The main reason I've never stuck with invisibility frames is that I couldn't see my beloved Warframes.  I'm very excited to see how this change impacts my play!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Does this mean that Prism no longer scales up its damage over time? Or that it only scales up while Solar Eclipse is active?

The way Prism works in the live game, Prism base damage goes up after each hit by an amount that includes how 'bright' the light is at your current location.  As previously indicated, this doesn't work reliably on Landscapes or in tilesets that use our new global illumination technology,  and even when it did work it would require that you search out and stand on a bright spot (which doesn't always LOOK like a bright spot) to actually work.

The updated Prism will increase the base damage after each hit by a static amount that is equivalent to "partial light", and that scaling factor is doubled if you have Eclipse active in "Light" mode.

• Like 14

NETRACELL DROPTABLE ADJUSTMENTS 

Netracell Drop Tables are being adjusted as part of Community feedback from Whispers in the Walls that the high-value rewards (Archon Shards) were too rare and potentially realistically unobtainable. We’re removing all non-exclusive Arcanes from the Drop Tables, and the remaining items will have their drop rates adjusted accordingly.

The Official Warframe Drop Table site will be updated accordingly with Dante Unbound to reflect these adjustments.

Thank you for hearing the community's feedback and making a change on this one.

Would also love to see any change that makes it less possible for team mates to slow down Netracells by killing enemies outside of the red circle (whether intentionally or otherwise), as it's one of very few game modes where team mates can actively hinder squad goals.

• Like 6

Just wanted to echo what some other people have already said: please extend the invisibility customization to all frames, not just those that have an invisibility granting ability, since there are arcanes, parazon mods, etc, that any frame can achieve invisibility with.  At the very least please include Wisp due to her passive ability.

• Like 11

This list is not exhaustive,

Semi-rhetorical question: Is a new season of Nightwave coming soon? I've been severely slacking regarding challenges, and I'm well into the prestige ranks, despite that.

• Like 6

Eclipse damage buff should be slightly higher than subsumed roar.. as mentioned in the post, roar does abilities and double duty with status effects... Eclipse only does weapon damage and thats assuming you use the damage boost in the first place.

Eclipse should be 40% or 50%.

beyond this, Nourish is still going to be heavily used. maybe more so as now it provides less viral, while the bonus damage is nice, the extreme amount of weighting to viral in status procs is a hinderance to most builds. you usually want just enough viral procs to keep 10 stacks and using nourish often makes viral the highest priority status effect. by reducing the bonus, you are reducing this negative effect allowing a more efficent status spread.

Edited by Hypertion
  • Like 14