Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

i feel like dante is too good ?

Xenevier

1 minute ago, GPrime96 said:

I would agree but the thing i know about Overguard is it’s not the best in survivability when it comes to taking hits (shield gating dunks on it anyday), but it supports it by giving you a extra bar/gating and status immunity so you wouldn’t instantly drop to the floor from toxin damage/proc. So it’s not like Overguard is there to make you a god at a certain point (since Overguard isn’t affected by DR), but if it did, you would see a WHOLE lot more Kullervos than Dantes for Endurance Runs.

That is 100% true which is another reason to not nerf dante's own overguard, overguard isn't very relevant when you reach levels such as 300+ but it's a fresh new way of survivability that's a bit more fun to play with than shields 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TeaHands said:

DE: "We're gonna make some adjustments to Dante."

Dante Players: *Starts writing Will*

I'd recommend waiting and seeing what they actually change on him.

But more than anything the biggest thing that needs to be adjusted right now is Overguard. It can just straight up nullify abilities and mods unless I break away from my Squad. 

I'd really rather not have to make changes to my builds and Warframe choice just in case I come across a frame that can consistently output Overguard.

Limbo removes you from the game at will. I see no problem here xD

• Like 4

4 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

you got my upvote for this alone, DE are great are making ok stuff unfun or straight up unusable!, example I doubt anyone will EVER subsume eclipse ever again, you need over a 300% str build to make it as good as garuda's passive lol and no one is using it for DR

thats 2 frames in a row I have little to no interest in playing now and I'm not sure their is any point in feeding this to helminth is because the subsume sucks!

I litrally seen them nerf stuff while ignoring stuff that does almost the exact same thing!

Where is disruptive comments when say a Mirage kills everything as it loads in? The other players can just stand afk cause theres nothing to kill.

Oh wait thats "gameplay design" as she's popular. Touch mirage disruptive gameplay and every volcany on the planet would erupt at once.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Zaghyr said:

Ya the discourse around this is embarrassing. On here, and on reddit. DE says they will do a slight adjustment to ensure he doesn't become dominant, we don't even know what the change is, and everyone is losing their minds. Like WF players get easily triggered when they hear 'nerf', which still baffles me, but all of these posts are just pathetic.

Well then isn't this something to wake up to (And there are 3 threads about this, maybe we should merge them into one?)

Well here is my take on this:

I fully agree with Zaghyr here, while I admit I am a little bit disappointed that Dante is getting a "Nerf" (so to speak) I'm all in favour of giving him small or big adjustments to ensure not only he doesn't become dominant but also make it easier for other non-dante players to enjoy having him around. Even if he gets somewhat of a hit to his meta, that still won't change the fact that he'll always remain in my "Main" slot.

Also, I don't know if Players just somehow skim over this but Reb said exactly this: 

image.png?ex=661edd9c&is=660c689c&hm=e19accd003402c7a215a20282e146004aa500f19ad1f061db35ac209e88f5575&

All DE is doing is as exactly as Zaghyr said: They are reviewing him and tweaking down some areas so he's not stupidly OP, Reb has made it clear that they want to keep Dante awesome, no matter what. (Sure this could all be just hot-air and a PR move) but I still think even after the adjustments Dante will still be a strong Frame.

The only people who will be dropping Dante IMO are the AFK-Wukong Players and Rev/Mesa Players, who realize they can't let the game play it for them and that's fine by me, Dante will still remain as my favourite frame and I will adjust my build to whatever adjustment he gets.

Even tho the only thing I can see changing is a Cap or two on his powers and a way for players to opt out of getting Overgaurd, we're not DE, all we can do is speculate

So we'll have to wait and see but since players do want to speculate, here are what the adjustments will be:

• Overgaurd is capped
  • LoS is added to his kit so he cannot nuke rooms as easily
  • Negative Efficiency will be looked at & adjusted (or Efficiency in general) < This one worries me only a little
  • Can no longer passively generate Overgaurd 
  • Either an Augment is made or Players can opt-out of Overgaurd
  • Adjust the Fire/Toxin & Slash detonation damage multiplier

That's all I can see getting changed

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 4

Note: I only made the warframe for the helmith system really, i do plan on making it for real eventually, but i often let warframes cook a bit more.

I however do not like when DE hides changes due to "player choice", always trowing the blame on the players because they picked something. This entire aproach of being left without any options because we the playerbase are playing him to much is just silly to me.

An update was released, players are farming, leveling and using the new content and then DE believes the new warframe is too dominant? Well,........ofcourse it is, how are we supposed to level it up and test the warframe?
Next time, before the marketing team comes all out with the things warframe has just released, just tell them "anounce everything new, except the new warframe, we don't want players to know and play the shiny new thing to much, otherwise we have to make changes"

DE, your team puts so much effort in marketing the new updates, you even keep leaks tight, so that the reveal is exciting, but then you can't complain about warframe dominance, we are playing what you guys intended us to play.

• Like 5

The only possible downside to this are shield gating builds, or builds that require damage on health for effect (chroma, rage, avenger etc.)

A reasonable change would be to reduce the amount of overguard granted to allies. But knowing DE they'll probably mangle this somehow, with almost no usage stats to point to.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dunkelheit said:

Dante can clear the whole room within seconds with ease and with no way that he can come into harm wthout any defensive mods. Compare that to other frames and you already knew that a nerf was coming. Now imagine that 4 players want to have fun and kill stuff together, but one player is hogging 99% of all the kills. Is that "fun" for all other 3 players?

With this logic, Saryn, Equinox, Gara, Mirage, Mesa, and Volt should have been nerfed out of existence long ago, because they all do exactly what you described when built correctly.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Kaiga said:

The only possible downside to this are shield gating builds, or builds that require damage on health for effect (chroma, rage, avenger etc.)

A reasonable change would be to reduce the amount of overguard granted to allies. But knowing DE they'll probably mangle this somehow, with almost no usage stats to point to.

That's what i've been saying, don't nerf dante's own tankiness, nerf the overguard given to allies

• Like 1

hace 10 horas, Arbitrary dijo:

People's reactions to hearing that Dante is going to be reviewed is hilarious.

What was actually said in the devshort:

What people hear apparently:

first-time-meme-first-time.gif

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Well then isn't this something to wake up to (And there are 3 threads about this, maybe we should merge them into one?)

Well here is my take on this:

I fully agree with Zaghyr here, while I admit I am a little bit disappointed that Dante is getting a "Nerf" (so to speak) I'm all in favour of giving him small or big adjustments to ensure not only he doesn't become dominant but also make it easier for other non-dante players to enjoy having him around. Even if he gets somewhat of a hit to his meta, that still won't change the fact that he'll always remain in my "Main" slot.

Also, I don't know if Players just somehow skim over this but Reb said exactly this: 

image.png?ex=661edd9c&is=660c689c&hm=e19accd003402c7a215a20282e146004aa500f19ad1f061db35ac209e88f5575&

All DE is doing is as exactly as Zaghyr said: They are reviewing him and tweaking down some areas so he's not stupidly OP, Reb has made it clear that they want to keep Dante awesome, no matter what. (Sure this could all be just hot-air and a PR move) but I still think even after the adjustments Dante will still be a strong Frame.

The only people who will be dropping Dante IMO are the AFK-Wukong Players and Rev/Mesa Players, who realize they can't let the game play it for them and that's fine by me, Dante will still remain as my favourite frame and I will adjust my build to whatever adjustment he gets.

Even tho the only thing I can see changing is a Cap or two on his powers and a way for players to opt out of getting Overgaurd, we're not DE, all we can do is speculate

So we'll have to wait and see but since players do want to speculate, here are what the adjustments will be:

• Overgaurd is capped
  • LoS is added to his kit so he cannot nuke rooms as easily
  • Negative Efficiency will be looked at & adjusted (or Efficiency in general) < This one worries me only a little
  • Can no longer passively generate Overgaurd 
  • Either an Augment is made or Players can opt-out of Overgaurd
  • Adjust the Fire/Toxin & Slash detonation damage multiplier

That's all I can see getting changed

These are pretty much the changes I can see happening which is a good thing cause it doesn't really make Dante bad per say but just puts them inline with the rest

Although I'm a bit wary of two these which are the Negative Efficiency and the Augment

I've seen the Augment suggestion being thrown around to make sharing Overguard less "disruptive" on specific play styles but I don't like this as an answer simply cause its still doing the same thing but with extra steps which doesn't really solve it from being disruptive at all.
I would prefer a review/change of Abilities and Mods that conflict with Overguard since it seems Overguard is here to stay as a mechanic and we'll just keep encountering the same issue down the line as more Frames get introduced with this on their Kit.

Edited by artistredmdlee
Removed accidental 2x quote

1 hour ago, -ShadowRadiance- said:

Where is disruptive comments when say a Mirage kills everything as it loads in? The other players can just stand afk cause theres nothing to kill.

Oh wait thats "gameplay design" as she's popular. Touch mirage disruptive gameplay and every volcany on the planet would erupt at once.

If dante had wisp's "assets" no one would ask for him to be nerfed 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Overgaurd is capped

It's already capped tho, maybe make it 50% or 25% for squad only ?

49 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Negative Efficiency will be looked at & adjusted (or Efficiency in general) < This one worries me only a little

This one will straight up kill dante i'm not even joking 

49 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Can no longer passively generate Overgaurd 

I'm assuming this was an attempt to make overguard more useful in higher levels which it still isn't so idk why would this part be nerfed

• Like 6

They should first nerf Revenant and his team's damage immunity. It's very disruptive and removes any challenge from the game with zero effort.

Revenant is also the cause of that new annoying trend of "disable" / "dispell" abilities bosses thats filling the game rn. If that's not proof that his kit is disruptive and overpowered, I don't know what is.

Heck, Dante is the new flavor of the month, and even then i still see more Revenants in-game than Dantes.

• Like 5

They should first nerf Revenant and his team's damage immunity. It's very disruptive and removes any challenge from the game with zero effort. Making a full team completely immortal is what i call making the game "too easy". At least Dante requires more than a single mod to be able to do it consistently.

Revenant is also the cause of that new annoying trend of "disable" / "dispel" abilities bosses thats filling the game rn. If that's not proof that his kit is disruptive and overpowered, I don't know what is.

Heck, Dante is the new flavor of the month, and even then i still see more Revenants in-game than Dantes.

On 2024-04-03 at 3:15 AM, Boddypenn said:

since as someone who hasn’t been using Dante

And this, this is the problem right here. People that knows NOTHING about how hard (and expensive) is to build and play a frame to achieve something, yet "feels" that is easy just because of others dedicated the effort and feels entitled to give an opinion about it.

• Like 3

So, you saw another person playing Dante, and without knowing his build or skills you are already calling for a nerf. That's the "experience" that DE will use to "fine tuning" Dante, i suppose.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

If Dante is fine the way he is, then why cry here? If you're right, the Warframe isn't too strong, so what's the point of making topics like this? DE doesn't nerf things that aren't too strong or don't have exploits and with that in mind then Dante won't be nerfed, what are all of you afraid of then?

A loud minority of people constantly demand nerfs of popular things. DE nerfs things that don't need it constantly in order to appease a handful of people who only play the lowest difficulty of content. Dante is strong where every other warframe is strong , normal star chart. SP however is where Meta more or less starts to matter a lot and quite a few warframes just can't function there. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, JimothyStevens said:

Avoid nerfs? lol

You do realize these people decided to nerf the helminth system after it was announced, but before it came out? All to appease the nerf whiners. They also made universal medallions not useable in conclave, because of one whiner.

So... are you going to address my actual point?

Because pointing to the Helminth as something that got nerfed when it is yet another system that contributed to that exponential power increase that I mentioned is, to be quite frank, laughable. Especially since the power reduction, as you yourself said, happened before it was added to the game.

Edited by Corvid

It's not just how strong he is, but also how easy he is to farm, so I sorta see more parallels to the Wukong nerf if anything else.

Lot of people seem to be missing the key word of "review"; they never said "we're bringing out the nerfhammer", but that his performance is under review and that they didn't want to completely nerf him into the ground.  The worst outcome I see from this is Dante having his overguard generation toned down and maybe nerf his ability ranges being able to constantly nuke everything in a 70+m radius every two seconds does seem a bit much for a frame that can kick back and relax in their overguard.

As for those whining about not wanting a Dante in their group, I'd urge you to 1) learn to adapt your tactics and 2) run some ESO, because Dante straight-up can't perform there.

• Like 3

The nerf is inevitable now, I don’t care anymore about delaying that inevitable 

What I care about is whether or not he’ll receive the null star treatment, which is to say, nerfed to the ground

Or if he’ll get ACTUAL SMALL BALANCING TWEAKS…

13 minutes ago, NameLessFreak said:

DE nerfs things that don't need it constantly

When?

Because from what I've seen, every single time they've done even the slightest thing to rein in our power, DE have provided clear reasons for why they felt the change was needed.

• Like 1