Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Support ticket: REFUND

4 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

On paper.  In practice, it's tiny, and there's no reason to sink so much into range on Nezha when you're better off building for other things.

I've seen people saying that this nerf "killed Nezha," which I disagree with, as I think he's an amazing frame, even without the augment in its release state.  The nerf did kill the augment though.  It might have some niche uses, but if you're really spearing that many enemies in a tiny area, they'd be dead by cheaper and less complicated effects anyway.

If you're still enjoying the augment, cool.  I hope it gets some improvements though.

Niche? It's perfect in any melee build, especially with fast weapons that hit multiple times per combo interaction. It's one of the fastest skills to cast so very easy to spread your melee 20m+ around you at all times. I dont think people realize just how much 20m actually covers. For instance, standing in the middle of Hydron means you have roughly 25m to the room furthest from the spawn, that is roughly where you run out of infinity range. 5 meters less than that is still a large area. You can also see just by how far incluence itself practically turns you into Sauron swathing elves and men with his mace.

4 hours ago, FaraTenno said:

https://clips.twitch.tv/HomelyAggressiveWormPJSalt-XA21cwDUsYU4yVcd

An entire line of enemies not being cleared because Dante was in the way is unnoticeable, huh?
I suppose all of the enemies that would have died when my back was turned previously, no longer being effected at all by tragedy is also unnoticeable.
If you're really going to tell me you can't spot that difference, you must be baiting. 

Note that nobody is complaining about Dark Verse now abiding by it's own LoS rules. It's almost like the problem was Dark Verse being able to hit everything in front of you, not Tragedy nuking everything Dark Verse has touched. But again, in DE fashion, they overcompensated for the issue and added LoS to tragedy just to make sure the limit was as much of a leash to your fun as possible.
The issue here, again, is not the fact that Dante's giant damage burst was taken from him; he technically does still have it. It's that it was unjustly changed, while he has to look on and watch several other frames ignore the rules that he has had placed on him for an ability that required more work for less reward. Tragedy will never compare to Miasma, Peacemakers, or even Avalanche, because those are one button casts. Tragedy requires setup, and a large investment of Energy for damage that is almost comparable to Saryn.
Now that setup is meaningless, because it doesn't matter how many enemies you hit with Dark Verse; it matters how many aren't hiding behind the guardrail of the stairs.

Yet, Tragedy's damage was nerfed for no explained reason. We were in fact told that they were fine with his damage output in a devshort, but then the very next day that was suddenly not true.
The fact that Dante was nerfed so dramatically while Saryn and Mesa can still both hit 4 and wipe entire maps without trying is the problem here. It is a double standard, and doesn't make any sense.

Do not give me that "He isn't DPS" nonsense; it's very clear that Dark Verse and Tragedy are solely damage based abilities and were intended to be from the beginning.

Except I played him today and I never managed to block my path with Dante. I was in SP Mot for an hour and I had problems to even get pillars to block it, if a piece of a hand or a foot was out it would hit. I also read a comment elsewhere about dead bodies blocking it, nope, not a single time.

And if you are concerned about Dantes damage potential, why the heck would you waste time priming enemies behind you aswell? 3+3+4 dead, turn 3+3+4 dead and repeat. You are aware the damage scales with number of active dots, so going 3+turn+3+4 only deals half the potential damage to each final verse target unless you rely on random factors like birds and potential heat or toxin from the floating book? So if you were actually interested in high content you'd see the nerf has really done nothing, what it has done is remove potential disrupting mindless play from low content where the initial damage of final verse wipes everything with or without dots on the targets. I mean, it isnt exactly hard to position yourself since the nerf to wipe out a whole room.

Please dont compare tragedy to miasma, peacemakers and avalanche. I mean, you are more and more coming off as someone doing just low level content and used tragedy for the innate nuke and not the scaled damage. First of, miasma deals pitiful damage, if it wasnt for the debuffs it would be a helminth swap. Secondly, peacemakers need LoS aswell, so what are you complaining about here exactly? Not only LoS in general, constantly shrinking LoS aswell. And thirdly... avalanche? What are you smoking? It is a debuff that then requires you to manually kill each and every target in some way. And you compare it to a skill that clears heaps and heaps of mobs, with cinematic damage at that? But can I please buy that Miasma from you that deals several hundreds of thousands of damage in a cast to everything infront of me? I'll gladly trade the AoE for that any day. I'll gladly consume my spores aswell if that is needed!

They never mentioned where his damage was fine though. Considering that they mentioned disruptive I'm fairly sure LoS was added to final verse in order to make it less disruptive in lower content while keeping its punch at high levels. It is still more than fine since it still deals just as much as it did before, just in a more limited direction. You didnt deal more damage when you also hit behind you, since you were spreading your damage at that point, or made more interaction to deal the same damage all around you. So the damage is in reality intact. You only dealt more damage in low content, since you had no need to prime targets with his 3, you could practically just dump your load on nothing and then hit 4 and kill everything.

He's not a dps frame, he is a support with high dps. And that is still fully intact because he still deals a crapton of damage that instakills whatever it hits. Just that you compare it to miasma is so funny. Like, you can spam 3 miasma in a row and never deal even anything remotely close to a final dark verse. 

Miasma base damage: 150 viral

Final Verse base damage: 6500 slash + direct damage multiplied by 3 based on remaining consumed toxin/heat/slash statuses, where slash deals cinematic damage aswell.

Yes yes, clearly comparable... in a universe where delusion is the standard.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

There's basically no amount of testing that DE can do to catch things like this.  Especially with the level of customization players have at their disposal.  Players (and really public users in general) will always find ways to exploit a system in ways the developers couldn't dream of catching ahead of time.  They have a few hundred employees, the player base is a few hundred thousand players.  It's a war of numbers, and they're vastly outmatched.

That's objectively false when the Public Test Cluster exists. DE chooses not to use it because it's cheaper to make the players act as their personal beta testers.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

It feels as if none of the players that yell about Dante and/or scream "reeeefunds!" have played him.

I played him when I got him pre-nerf. Enjoyed him, had fun, saw massive killing and immortality. I dropped him, played Kullervo again and tested some Nezha (also a justified nerf) and was happy with that. So yeah reee reee and wha wha starts over the nerfs and LoS. Sure, it sucks with a broken LoS, who doesnt think that right? But hey, they fixed it a day later, cool, so then why all the crying and screaming?

Which made me decide to jump in and try Dante again. And damn am I shocked about the nerfs and LoS, like really, totally mindboggling and breathtaking... that people complain and cry over it and threaten with refunds. Like, could someone hand me a microscope or something so I can actually spot the difference? The actual main thing that made it feel different was the fix to his 3, which was not working like it should on release and ignored LoS. The LoS added to his 4 is unnoticable, since it would practically work the exact same anyways due to the fixes on his 3. Unless for some reason you loved to run around and bleed things all over and then detonate for some reason. 

He is still 100% immortal aslong as you kill, I mean it is practically impossible to die. They could in reality reduce his OG cap to 1k, 5, 10k or whatever and he'd still be just as immortal thanks to killing 24/7 and having constant OG reg.

Another thing that is quite obvious. The complainers are very self centered, or atleast many of them. They claim to consider others and say "remove OG think of da Chroma children! but dont you damn dare to touch mah bleedz and persnol ovragerd!". Which really just reads to me as people oblivious to the fact of OG issues overall and just want to give something they personally dont find important to keep something else. Massive newsflash! Dante is a massive support frame, which was his intent, he also brings some serious damage to the table. Right now the people saying he is suddenly useless have likely not played him, because he is at Kullervo levels of map wiping atm while also bringing immortality to the group. Not to mention the insane usefulness of a floating Noctua granting you additional elemental statuses or insane angry birds going ka-ka and ripping faces and appying debuffs. 

Dante with Nourish instead of his Noctua is bonkers on so many levels. He is up there on Kullervo levels for me when it comes to completely fun and ridiculous damage and survival. The pen is indeed mightier than the sword, hence why I use dual bone axes on both Dante and Kullervo, cos I aint falling for that trick...

edit: When I think of it. The people screaming likely only sat in very low content and probably didnt give a crap about if they hit with his 3 or not, since they simply relied on the regular damage from final verse that is dealt as baseline within range (LoS now aswell). It was afterall 10000 damage with a +100% strength build, so a real lowbie champion skill in such content.

People are still convinced that Bramma and other AOE weapons are S#&$ after the nerf that happened such a long time ago. So I am not surprised.
But I need to try out the nerfed Dante before I can give my 2 cents.

3 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Except I played him today and I never managed to block my path with Dante. I was in SP Mot for an hour and I had problems to even get pillars to block it, if a piece of a hand or a foot was out it would hit. I also read a comment elsewhere about dead bodies blocking it, nope, not a single time.

And if you are concerned about Dantes damage potential, why the heck would you waste time priming enemies behind you aswell? 3+3+4 dead, turn 3+3+4 dead and repeat. You are aware the damage scales with number of active dots, so going 3+turn+3+4 only deals half the potential damage to each final verse target unless you rely on random factors like birds and potential heat or toxin from the floating book? So if you were actually interested in high content you'd see the nerf has really done nothing, what it has done is remove potential disrupting mindless play from low content where the initial damage of final verse wipes everything with or without dots on the targets. I mean, it isnt exactly hard to position yourself since the nerf to wipe out a whole room.

Please dont compare tragedy to miasma, peacemakers and avalanche. I mean, you are more and more coming off as someone doing just low level content and used tragedy for the innate nuke and not the scaled damage. First of, miasma deals pitiful damage, if it wasnt for the debuffs it would be a helminth swap. Secondly, peacemakers need LoS aswell, so what are you complaining about here exactly? Not only LoS in general, constantly shrinking LoS aswell. And thirdly... avalanche? What are you smoking? It is a debuff that then requires you to manually kill each and every target in some way. And you compare it to a skill that clears heaps and heaps of mobs, with cinematic damage at that? But can I please buy that Miasma from you that deals several hundreds of thousands of damage in a cast to everything infront of me? I'll gladly trade the AoE for that any day. I'll gladly consume my spores aswell if that is needed!

They never mentioned where his damage was fine though. Considering that they mentioned disruptive I'm fairly sure LoS was added to final verse in order to make it less disruptive in lower content while keeping its punch at high levels. It is still more than fine since it still deals just as much as it did before, just in a more limited direction. You didnt deal more damage when you also hit behind you, since you were spreading your damage at that point, or made more interaction to deal the same damage all around you. So the damage is in reality intact. You only dealt more damage in low content, since you had no need to prime targets with his 3, you could practically just dump your load on nothing and then hit 4 and kill everything.

He's not a dps frame, he is a support with high dps. And that is still fully intact because he still deals a crapton of damage that instakills whatever it hits. Just that you compare it to miasma is so funny. Like, you can spam 3 miasma in a row and never deal even anything remotely close to a final dark verse. 

Miasma base damage: 150 viral

Final Verse base damage: 6500 slash + direct damage multiplied by 3 based on remaining consumed toxin/heat/slash statuses, where slash deals cinematic damage aswell.

Yes yes, clearly comparable... in a universe where delusion is the standard.

Thank you!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

People have already been refunded on Steam. and people even had tauforged shards in Dante.
So don't support rip-offs and ask for a refund!

Steam =/= DE.  

Steam has a history of providing refunds in situations like this, but they are not the same as DE's support team and DE has made it clear they will not provide refunds for items with xp on them.   A refund through DE means the items are removed from the in game inventory, Steam doesn't have the ability to do that so players are receiving currency refunds and keeping the items they purchased. 

It's important to keep in mind the differences as players are going to try to get a refund from DE and be denied while others go through Steam and will get the refund while keeping the items.  They're dealing with two companies with different polices & reach. 

• Like 7

7 hours ago, ClockworkDirge said:

Is there any way for my friend to get a refund after gifting me a ticket to Tennocon? I got it as a gift the day Dante released and after everything that’s happened neither myself or my friend want to support DE by going to Tennocon this year. Would a support ticket even work?

Open a ticket with support and try

3 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Steam =/= DE.  

Steam has a history of providing refunds in situations like this, but they are not the same as DE's support team and DE has made it clear they will not provide refunds for items with xp on them.   A refund through DE means the items are removed from the in game inventory, Steam doesn't have the ability to do that so players are receiving currency refunds and keeping the items they purchased. 

It's important to keep in mind the differences as players are going to try to get a refund from DE and be denied while others go through Steam and will get the refund while keeping the items.  They're dealing with two companies with different polices & reach. 

Oh boy, it's another episode of "Talk to the other company."  Can't place blame if each side shrugs at ya, lol.  That said, I can see DE nuking accounts that pull this.  Like someone else said, it feels like DE doesn't want to admit they are wrong about the LoS changes and are digging their heels.  I can easily see them ban accounts if Steam refunds bought Dante packs.  Personally, I just consider it a lesson learned.  I have spent more on worse, this just lets me know to be VERY weary when buying/building a newly released frame.

Edited by MetalMechabolic

So basically steam does whats ethical and DE knowingly releases things they know will get nerfed to make money.  It took me 5 mins without any prior knowledge to know he was getting nerfed.  I wont even entertain the "they didn't know" or "they didn't playtest" excuses.  I got platinum with my pack so not too mad.  Its the principal.  Are all new frames gonna release powerful then nerfed after sales clear?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Not to the degree that it got nerfed.  It's basically only usable in tightly packed areas now, or with a grouping ability... at which point you'd be better off just using an AOE status weapon or melee influence.

There has to be a middle ground, but I worry that with all the focus on Dante, this augment is just going to be dead.

It’s not about being better off. It’s about having different options to break up the monotony that comes with playing with the most broken items. There’s a reason people play with inefficient builds and it’s not because they don’t know better.

Edited by Ghastly-Ghoul

14 hours ago, Dunkelheit said:

People are still convinced that Bramma and other AOE weapons are S#&$ after the nerf that happened such a long time ago. So I am not surprised.
But I need to try out the nerfed Dante before I can give my 2 cents.

Thank you!

Yep. AoE recieved the same mentality of "zomg worfless!" after the nerfs. With claims they were completely unusable unless they had high ammo capacity, yet many of us sat there and went "huh?" and used the low ammo weapons the same as before the nerf with no ammo issues. The same with the initial Bramma nerf even though it stayed as the top AoE and then tied with Kzarr when that was released.

Did a few more runs today, same deal, no issues whatsoever. Able to maintain a constant 90-100% life support while sitting at slightly above 2 kills per second without breaking a sweat. And OG keeps him safe for close to 90 seconds in my build since they'll never catch me without killing if OG for some reason happens to hit 0.

Saw some posts around that highlighted that if there is a potential LoS issue it is tied to DX version used along with FoV. So to be transparent I run DX11 with a FoV of 78 and zero issues.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, MetalMechabolic said:

Oh boy, it's another episode of "Talk to the other company."  Can't place blame if each side shrugs at ya, lol.  That said, I can see DE nuking accounts that pull this.  Like someone else said, it feels like DE doesn't want to admit they are wrong about the LoS changes and are digging their heels.  I can easily see them ban accounts if Steam refunds bought Dante packs.  Personally, I just consider it a lesson learned.  I have spent more on worse, this just lets me know to be VERY weary when buying/building a newly released frame.

Less a game of hot potato and more who you bought through.  If you didn't use Steam to buy the plat/pack for Dante, then Steam can't do anything for you.  As to not farming for new Warframes close to release; you should.  Drop rates are better closer to release & you can sit on the parts until later.

As to admitting to their mistakes, it's the first thing DEPablo does in this topic

As does DEMegan in this post

Are you guys wanting them to make a statement via livestream or something?

Edited by MagPrime
  • Like 6

15 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Steam =/= DE.  

12 hours ago, MetalMechabolic said:

That said, I can see DE nuking accounts that pull this.  Like someone else said, it feels like DE doesn't want to admit they are wrong about the LoS changes and are digging their heels.  I can easily see them ban accounts if Steam refunds bought Dante packs. 

For rep sake, I don't think DE will do this, since all they'll have to do is just remove the items from the Player, if DE did do this, this would spire out of control and players would go to the forums/Reddit and god known what else to show everyone

It's a lose-lose situation for them if they ever consider this. Since Steam has to comply with laws and so do they. I have no idea what laws, I am not a law person but whoever knows way better than me, could give us some insight

And no, I don't mean some Mod or player who "thinks" they know. (they know who they are)

12 hours ago, (PSN)thowed said:

So basically steam does whats ethical and DE knowingly releases things they know will get nerfed to make money.

Honest question tho

Have people got a refund, not that I don't believe anyone here, but I am curious to see how many people have

1 hour ago, MagPrime said:

As to admitting to their mistakes, it's the first thing DEPablo does in this topic

As does DEMegan in this post

Are you guys wanting them to make a statement via livestream or something?

Actions speak louder than words Mag, it always has.

You can't tell if someone says "I'm sorry" behind a keyboard and means it, a face mask always covers up true intentions, sure I can agree a statement via live stream or a video can be cheezy and sorta the "YT apology video" style of thing but what people are after are Actions, not words

The pic best explains what I mean, for we know, this could be the situation

Spoiler

𝐅𝐂𝐁.𝐂𝐎𝟐 on X: "@poachalah @BarcaUniversal @Romain_Molina I wonder,  they should focus only on barca news https://t.co/SEzQ4VTTUq" / X

Now I have this weird feeling that Pablo or Reb (or whoever) will print out a face mask like this and take a photo xD

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Now I have this weird feeling that Pablo or Reb (or whoever) will print out a face mask like this and take a photo xD

This is going to make me sound old af but I can't find my glasses and I don't know how to make the tiny text bigger...

She Loves It Youtube GIF by hateplow

5 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Actions speak louder than words Mag, it always has.

You can't tell if someone says "I'm sorry" behind a keyboard and means it, a face mask always covers up true intentions, sure I can agree a statement via live stream or a video can be cheezy and sorta the "YT apology video" style of thing but what people are after are Actions, not words

You're correct that actions are the true apology, however, what would be an appropriate apology at the end of all this?  I know many are going to say the refund or simply reverting all changes but I think we know DE wont do either of those things because they ultimately don't need to.  The community erupts like this every time a new Warframe is released and gets a "change" because DE somehow didn't get it right before release and this has been happening for years, it clearly doesn't hurt them to do it this way.

Personally, they acknowledged the problem, they're communicating that it's being fixed & feedback is being reviewed.  That's apology in action.  Sending out in game items as an apology is...an overreaction to me.  

• Like 2

Just now, MetalMechabolic said:

That's called being stubborn, lol.  Not a good look to potential consumers.

And yet, DE is still a multi-million dollar company with players across 5 platforms.  That's what I mean by they don't need to; it's clearly not hurting them financially to do it this way and that's what matters to the majority of for-profit companies.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

And yet, DE is still a multi-million dollar company with players across 5 platforms.  That's what I mean by they don't need to; it's clearly not hurting them financially to do it this way and that's what matters to the majority of for-profit companies.  

Yeah, we do live in a pretty bleak world...

Guess all I can do is clap like the rest of 'em.  ;A;

Edited by MetalMechabolic

6 hours ago, MagPrime said:

You're correct that actions are the true apology, however, what would be an appropriate apology at the end of all this?

A full revert of all the Nerfs, plain and simple, nothing difficult, nothing complex, it's as easy as hitting an Undo button on a keyboard, however like Metal said, it's down to stubbornness and plain old ego.

Personally, they acknowledged the problem, they're communicating that it's being fixed & feedback is being reviewed.  That's apology in action

No, it isn't

Acknowledgement of the problem is just words and they haven't fixed anything, all they did was Nerf OG and then slightly buffed it by 1%, what they should've done is Reverted the entirety of the Nerf, all they did was add 3000 not back to the full 5000 on Final Verse’s “Triumph” at Max rank, same goes for the Light Verse from 250 back to 500 at Max Rank.

Also communicating is just words as well, reviewing or not, they still haven't done any -Action- and isn't an "apology in action" as you called it. Full refunds are whatever, just icing on the cake for some.

Everyone will agree to: Actions speak louder than words, these actions are reverting the Nerf. Not saying they will or half-arseing it, a FULL REVERT.

That's what matters to the majority of for-profit companies.  

And yet, the players are what brought them to this stage, to begin with, I can bet you for sure that if DE was still the tiny company they were before WF went to 3 Platforms and what we have now, they'd revert it In a heartbeat.

Money corrupts and Everyone hates power until you offer them some.  

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Personally, they acknowledged the problem, they're communicating that it's being fixed & feedback is being reviewed.  That's apology in action.  Sending out in game items as an apology is...an overreaction to me.  

You can lie you a knowledged the problem, you can fix without taking into account your player base feedback. That’s what has been done so far.

I didn’t ask for in game items as an apology. I don’t want fake apologies and being bought with gifts. I just want back the plat and forms I spent on a frame that was falsely advertised and sold. In my country, false advertising is  against the law. You sell what you promised. I’m not asking for anything else.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

A full revert of all the Nerfs, plain and simple, nothing difficult, nothing complex, it's as easy as hitting an Undo button on a keyboard, however like Metal said, it's down to stubbornness and plain old ego.

No, it isn't

Acknowledgement of the problem is just words and they haven't fixed anything, all they did was Nerf OG and then slightly buffed it by 1%, what they should've done is Reverted the entirety of the Nerf, all they did was add 3000 not back to the full 5000 on Final Verse’s “Triumph” at Max rank, same goes for the Light Verse from 250 back to 500 at Max Rank.

Also communicating is just words as well, reviewing or not, they still haven't done any -Action- and isn't an "apology in action" as you called it. Full refunds are whatever, just icing on the cake for some.

Everyone will agree to: Actions speak louder than words, these actions are reverting the Nerf. Not saying they will or half-arseing it, a FULL REVERT.

A full revert would be against the games design and developers intent.  If they did do it, then we'll have players complaining about how broken Dante is and demand the same treatment for every Warframe that's been tweaked, ever.  A full revert wont happen because the release state was flawed, they are working on not only correcting that for Dante but for other systems that his flaws highlighted.

And I specified "at the end of this" because sending out any compensation in the middle of this has the chance of screwing things over, making it worse & dragging everything out.  That's something DE has done in the past and making things worse is exactly what happened.  Making a complete revert to the previously flawed state is counter productive.

18 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

No, it isn't

To me, it is.  

16 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

And yet, the players are what brought them to this stage, to begin with, I can bet you for sure that if DE was still the tiny company they were before WF went to 3 Platforms and what we have now, they'd revert it In a heartbeat.

Money corrupts and Everyone hates power until you offer them some.  

From what I can remember, they did make changes like this before they had multiple platforms and they stood by them.  It's one of the reasons "It's Tuesday, time to nerf Trinity" was a meme for so long.

10 minutes ago, Digital_Malz said:

You can lie you a knowledged the problem, you can fix without taking into account your player base feedback. That’s what has been done so far.

I didn’t ask for in game items as an apology. I don’t want fake apologies and being bought with gifts. I just want back the plat and forms I spent on a frame that was falsely advertised and sold. In my country, false advertising is  against the law. You sell what you promised. I’m not asking for anything else.

Yeah, Dante & the packs you could buy were not falsely advertised.  You still received everything as advertised when you built/bought everything.  The adverts/descriptions never outlined specific base stats or mechanic interactions, just what the abilities are, what they should do and the Warframe/weapons with the beta tester agreement as a back up.  

It would be false advertising if you bought/built Dante and instead Limbo showed up in your inventory instead.  

You got what you paid/farmed for.

• Like 6

vor 19 Minuten schrieb Digital_Malz:

can't be anything else. because that is fraud!
and digital goods are also GOODS!
Laws are clearly being abused and politics are being played here. Politics is dirty economics with a lot of lies etc. as I described in detail in the other post.

• Like 2