Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jade Shadows - Dev Workshop: Enemy Resistances and Status Rework (LIVE!)

[DE]Sam

20 minutes ago, BETAOPTICS said:

It's not just that but also since all element types are weigthed, sometimes adding multiple elements is actually detrimental because both of them compete from the same status chance % with the higher damaging element taking proportionately higher priority.

So for example with 50% status chance with a weapon that does 660 magnetic and 330 toxin abd 10 puncture, the status distribution would go as follows: 
Magnetic = ((660 / (660 + 330 + 10)) * 0.5) * 100 = 33% of shots, ie. roughly ever 3rd status proc or every 6th shot procs magnetic.
Toxin = ((330 / 1000) * 0.5) * 100 = 16.5% of shots, ie. roughly every 6th status proc or every 12th shot procs toxin.
Puncture = ((10 / 1000) * 0.5) * 100 = 0.5% of shots, ie. roughly every 200th status proc or every 400th shot procs puncture.

Obviously it's a bit more complicated than that as there is always necessarily some mathematical overlap but instead if the player simply opts for toxin and puncture, then they end up actually increasing the chance of proc from occurring on status effect.

Toxin = ((330 / (330 + 10)) * 0.5) * 100 = ~48.53% of shots, ie. roughly every 2nd status proc or every 4th shot.
Puncture = ((10 / 340) * 0.5) * 100 = 1.47% of shots, ie. roughly every every 67th status proc or every 134th shot.

Yeah, I think I edited about that. But having fiddled about with Melee Influence, Elemental Sandstorm, and Lavos augment  lately I know all too well about the perils of trying to get a reliable specific proc on a “rainbow” build.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, French said:

Dear DE,
The game  is at a point where you can take any weapon to level cap and you decide to nerf the enemies again. I was really hyped after seeing the enemies scaling rework expecting a buff.
First of all the cap to armor isnt THAT bad. it's so easiely stripped now that you dont really care about armor anymore. But you need to buff the HP by a lot, way more than you think. 
The recharge delay on shield isnt bad. Exept Toxin damage exist, it will ignore the shield and ignore this buff.
Also encouraging people to use Impact and magnetic when is a bad idea. You go in a Corpus map you use Toxin, you go in a grineer map you use slash, you go in an infested map you use viral. Thats it. it's a problem with the status  in general. But this is encouraging people to play worse loadout when you put that in the game.

This is not the point.

The point is increased Parity between factions so more damage types (and thus, weapons, frames and strategies) are valuable.

• Like 4

The day I can switch individual weapons AND mod config slots per weapon straight from the starchart, is the day I start using faction/Bane mods or any kind of targeted statuses.

You can play around with status effects and elemental interactions as much as you want (as long as you don't cripple our current setup, otherwise I expect a few dozen forma as compensation), but you'll never convince people to constantly run around switching mods for every mission, or even better, to get different elements on each of the 4 weapons because of stuff like relics throwing everything including the kitchen sink at you... the only place I'll consider that is for that ultra-annoying gimmick Profit-Taker Orb.

But yeah, if you're gonna add stuff to the starchart anyway, add a global mod config slot switcher while you're at it; that's a QoL everyone will be happy about.
Right side of the weapon menu in the arsenal, skipping the Upgrade screen, and something like this for the starchart:
y7o14UX.png

Hell, add a list of all those little graphics to the naming of slots while you're at it and have them take 1 character (instead of 14 for <DT_CORROSIVE>) so we can put all damage-types visible at a glance, another QoL people should be pleased about.

• Like 18

I feel that the state magnetism and explosion would be best to change how they work completely to make it viable to use and give different ways to play, for example the explosion occurs to me is to use the mechanics of the accumulation of charges and when it reaches the maximum make an explosion of a much larger radius also greater damage, this would be better for weapons that are not damage in area, making any weapon can kill masses making more weapons back to be useful, think more in this way and make more ways to play with the states.

• Like 1

These genuinely are incredible. The armor changes especially feel revolutionary to me; How many times has a shiny new warframe come out, and the community gets their hands on it and says "Oh wow this is really interesting. Unfortunately it doesn't have a way to strip armor so it's garbage." Making it so that armor isn't the complete endgame wall it has been opens up so much more design space to play with.

Furthermore, the simplification of resistance types is very welcome. I think I know only a single person who has any of that chart memorized, and the rest of us just Viral Heat all day long. Very excited about the cold changes as well, I'm wondering if it might end up being the new go-to for Hybrid weapon builds. Exciting times either way.

• Like 4

Justo ahora, Aerionoth dijo:

The day I can switch individual weapons AND mod config slots per weapon straight from the starchart, is the day I start using faction/Bane mods or any kind of targeted statuses.

You can play around with status effects and elemental interactions as much as you want (as long as you don't cripple our current setup, otherwise I expect a few dozen forma as compensation), but you'll never convince people to constantly run around switching mods for every mission, or even better, to get different elements on each of the 4 weapons because of stuff like relics throwing everything including the kitchen sink at you... the only place I'll consider that is for that ultra-annoying gimmick Profit-Taker Orb.

But yeah, if you're gonna add stuff to the starchart anyway, add a global mod config slot switcher while you're at it; that's a QoL everyone will be happy about.
Right side of the weapon menu in the arsenal, skipping the Upgrade screen, and something like this for the starchart:
y7o14UX.png

Hell, add a list of all those little graphics to the naming of slots while you're at it and have them take 1 character (instead of 14 for <DT_CORROSIVE>) so we can put all damage-types visible at a glance, another QoL people should be pleased about.

Please DE add this, it would be a good way to improve the quality of life of the game, I always see him interested in improving the quality of life but this would be a very good idea and would greatly improve the game.

Okay so, umm, first problem that stands out: Slash and Toxin. What do these changes mean if we just u know, bring in slash and toxin all the time? Also, even if you do change armor strip and shield regen works for enemies, we are still going to have 999 amounts of tools to completely strip enemy armor or possibly shields easily, which will be completely irrelevant when we have Slash and Toxin anyway, except for enemies like eximuses, for which no status changes are going to help since they are immune to cc and everything, or nechramechs, who outside of the new disruption missions are a pain in the arse. 

As a fellow Se, and with some experience in game design and with thousands of hours into this beatiful game, I would advise you to take a look at the following things:

• The 2 statuses bypassing enemy armor and shields
  • Also think about cooking something up for eximus enemy stats. Simply reducing their overguard and increasing overall health of exima units might help a lot with this new system to emphasize them staying a threat even through their overguard and making statuses useful against them once raw dmg took care of that overguard
  • Maybe armor - corrosive and shield - magnetic could have a different kind of interaction than simply just reducing armor and shield by a certain % times the stack of the statuses. I could think of 2 possible ways this could go in a more "promoting active gameplay and high level build" style, one of them is to make it so that corrosive/heat reduces as much armor points as big of a corrosive/heat damage we deal + this amplified by the amount of stacks we have on the enemies from those statuses (this might be something trickier since player damage skyrockets with the right builds as of now). Another solution might be to have armor and shield thresholds in the armor and shield of enemies: according to enemies armor/shield divided by a specified amount associated with one unit of armor/shield threshold enemies could become immune to further armor stripping and getting damaged for a short few milliseconds. Why you might ask? Preventing oneshots and promoting building for defense and stealth over of overwhelming damage against enemies. This way even if slash and toxin bypasses armor and shield they won't be able to kill enemies in the fraction of a second, because the thresholds (or more like armor and shield gates) prevent enemies from dying. Because of the simple equation of (total armor or total shield) / unit of threshold amount: lower level enemies would have 1 or 2 thresholds at most, but higher level enemies would have more because of the simple fact that the total armor in the equation is scaling. You could even make the unit of thresholds scale somehow to adjust between low and high level gameplay even more.
  • Idea for Blast: enemies affected by blast status could explode on that dealing a certain % of received blast damage or max health times the blast stacks present on the enemy blowing up to other enemies around said enemies? 
  • Idea for Cold and Frost: if we assume that the cold status changes might alter how Avalanche works, Frost should get some kind of adjustments on how he applies cold status to enemies on all his abilities. If we Avalanche stays in the same state it is now then that leaves other abilities not useful for cc and spreading cold, but if you take away the full freeze effect of avalnche then Avalanche will force Frost to be in a stationary state, not freezing attacking enemies anymore leaving him vulnerable. Also there isn't really any other VFX on enemies when they get frozen by Avalanche, so if it won't freeze anymore it should get some kind of other effect, like ice falling on the head of the enemies or something
  • Something not related to these status changes but I want to leave it here to expose this idea: Enemy agro should be changed according to who dealt damage to them or casted abilities in closer proximity while also being visible. Imagine a world where frames who are good at damage mitigation actually take damage instead of their allies. Imagine a Rhino, Inaros, Nidus constantly dealing enemies and casting abilities closer to the enemies, but random heavy gunner, bombard or eximus starts attacking squishier allies anyway. It can happen, as far as I'm aware, enemies have no way of distinguishing their targets or it's a really dumbed down AI that works on that. So what I'm suggesting is to implement some kind of mechanic for the enemies, either tied to the new LoS changes or warframe damage / ability proximity that will agro enemies on the player that intentionally jumps in to be the "tank"

If anyone read through that, thank you for the attention. Have a nice day!

• Like 5

Couple of issues/open questions:

1: What about Toxic? As long as it completely bypasses shields, it simply makes magnetic redundant if the only utility magnetic has is weakening shields. It doesn't matter if enemies on level 9999 have shields that recover so quickly that they recharge to full within a tenth of a second of not taking damage if, instead of having to prime them with magnetic, you can just kill them through their shields. Sure, you could make it so Toxin has reduced effectiveness against Corpus Flesh, but at this point, what is even its intended target?

2: Is there even a point in elements being strong against the flesh type of a faction that is always armoured or shielded? The only factions with exposed flesh health are the Murmur and the Infested, so what does it even matter if a damage type is particularily good against Grineer or Sentient flesh? It only comes up when I full-strip them and that in turn only makes sense if the armour provides so much damage reduction that stripping it is a better choice than simply using the element corresponding to the armour type.

3: What about Corrupted Enemies? Do they get streamlined to share the same health types? And if yes, what does that mean for fissure missions? Do freshly corrupted enemies also get the new resistances?

4: I think there might still be the unresolved issue of status effects not fitting the the intended target of their element. I mean, take slash: It's best against bare health, but at the same time, the bleed status is most relevant against the Grineer in order to bypass their armour. Or look at how Blast currently works: The accuracy debuff doesn't even mean anything for the vast majority of enemies blast deals additional damage against. Granted, Blast is getting reworked, but it's a matter of principle.

Also:

vor 4 Stunden schrieb [DE]Sam:

If enemies are present with Shields, but the node dictates resistance to Magnetic damage, the Status Effect will still hinder the effectiveness of Shields themselves.

What does this mean? Are resistances determined by the (sub-)faction, or by the node? Those are different things. If I do a Kuva Siphon mission on Saturn, will the same Grineer that previously used Saturn resistances suddenly be using Kuva resistances? If a mission node gets invaded, will it be updated to offer resistances matching the invading faction or is Phorid suddenly going to have the same resistances and weaknesses as a Bombard? I'm sorry, but right now this sounds very convoluted.

When picking my elements, should I be worrying about the faction I will encounter or about more-or-less arbitrary modifiers making it so the Sergeant is gonna be resistant to Cold and weak to Viral because that is just how the folks on Phobos like to roll?

I think this all could do with some clearing up to be honest.

• Like 3

I'm excited to see lesser used status effects be brought up to a more usable state, however this time when cold is changed can Secondary Shiver be addressed? It was underwhelming when we got it and it's only gotten weaker with the changes made to cold status since.

I'm all for us having more options to deal with enemy tankiness but I'm not sure the current plan is the best plan. One of the better solutions to bring up certain abilities that don't scale their efficacy against armor would be to ensure anything that strips a flat amount also strips some scaling percentage of the enemy's total armor. 

It'd be nice if magnetic damage interfered with enemies who cast abilities, including eximus and Scrambus to list a couple. Not necessarily a full lockdown on their abilities but maybe a scaling cooldown extension based on how many magnetic procs they were/are suffering? 

Voltage's suggestion around blast tying more into stealth with body dissolution is a neat take too, further utility. 

Either way I'm excited to see where this goes, as flexibility in how we can address different problems is one of the reasons Warframe caught me in the first place. 

In saying that, can we please stop introducing enemies that are entirely immune to certain aspects of our loadouts without proper counterplay? Necramechs being entirely unstrippable with the only real counter being steady dps isn't just boring, it's dated and doesn't reflect well among so many other, much more creative design decisions.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MobyTheDuck said:

Question: Will enemies that are immune completely immune to status effect like Deimos infected with Viral, will get these immunities removed?

And its been a while since I used gas, not because the lack of visuals, but because I remember it became completely useless after a certain point due the lack of damage, no armor strip and no CC.

I think there is little point on using Gas if you can just use Heat.

pretty sure there's gas builds that absolutely destroy due to grouping.

A few suggestions that I'd like to see applied to the status effects you mentioned:

Blast: Accuracy loss is fine, just make it more significant. Or let the status effect apply a "self damage" thing, where a portion of damage they deal is also applied to the enemy.

Gas: Make it a stationary "debuff zone". What I mean for this is that the status effect generates a stationary gas cloud that applies some kind of effect or debuff to enemies that pass through it.

Cold: I like the changes you mention, they seem ok.

Magnetic: Make it useful not only on Corpus or shields, but all factions. Maybe make it apply weapon jamming, bullet attractor. And something a bit more controversial would be to  make it a good option to deal with overguard.

• Like 4

So long as Toxin Damage completely bypasses shields, no other damage type will matter against shields. Make it so only the damage from the Toxin proc does that and that'll be fixed.

Very interested to see what Blast's improvements will shape up to be. I've theorycrafted some myself on how to improve it and most of that has been giving it some manner of status boosting with my go to answer being that it should be something akin to the Vigilante set but for status, where each stack adds a flat bonus to status chance and a chance to apply an additional different status proc when ever a status proc is applied. Lore-wise, now that we know the elemental mods are more space-magic void shenanigans than physical reactions, it makes the target more volatile or some such.

Gas? Love the idea of it being more clear about what it does. The stack cap and lack of elemental scaling on it is a tad annoying but not a deal breaker in my opinion. It'd be nice if it were better about but the only buff I think it needs to give an edge is that the Inaccuracy effect Blast has should be moved to Gas and apply to everything in the cloud. If anything was going to make it harder for foes to aim, it should be the cloud of death eating away at them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Casardis said:

I think that no amount of buffing Magnetic will be able to make it any more relevant due to Toxin bypassing the shield mechanic altogether. I do think Toxin may need some kind of changes, even if it's not a direct nerf.

My personal suggestion would be to:

1. Buff Magnetic in some ways, maybe making the proc as an AoE with range falloff;
  2. Disable Toxin's full shield bypass on direct damage, which will also help players avoid OHKO from Toxic Ancient and Mutalist Osprey who both deal Toxin damage;
  3. Buff Toxin Status proc DoT;
  4. Keep Toxin Status proc DoT's shield bypass.

This will make it so that Magnetic dmg may be ideal to deal with shield if you have a hard-hitting crit weapon, but if you have a status weapon, then having Toxin may be better to make use of its DoT.

I think it just makes more sense to nerf Toxin first, see how Magnetic performs, and then adjust both accordingly. I don't think Magnetic needs buffs at this point.

Toxin should work like Slash, where only the proc actually ignores the defense in question by default. DE might want to buff Corpus health as well to make it less desirable or combine better with Magnetic, so you can't just brute force them with Toxin.

Start small, see how it works and go from there.

• Like 3

Gas needs some tweaking in my opinion, at its current state it is a weaker version of Toxin.  Why would I use Gas, which doesn't bypass Shield, when I could use Toxin.  It stacks higher, bypasses shield, and affects Health directly in the same fashion.

1 minute ago, vixenpixel said:

pretty sure there's gas builds that absolutely destroy due to grouping.

Just a reminder electricity requires only one mod, scales with elements and not capped. Sure it won't linger and only has a 3 meter radius but if you are already grouping thats kinda redundant.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, vFlitz said:

Was almost excited to try the cold changes, only for the last point to completely undo it

I get not being able to freeze them solid, but losing the other benefits too? This completely removes any and all incentive to use cold over heat. Nobody needs something that's only any help against rank and file enemies. Way to nip it in the bud before it could even attempt to find a niche.

Heavily slowing them already is more than enough value. I'm honestly surprised that they keep buffing Cold again and again, it is amazing at what it does. But I'll take it!

And keep in mind that the current Critical Damage increase of Cold should still apply, it just won't get doubled as it will on Frozen Enemies.

12 minutes ago, French said:

They didnt specify any change to toxin damage. In the image shown they suggest running Impact or magnetic damage. In literally no universe you should run any of thoses elements in a corpus mission.

Lets say we're comparing a 60/60 Magnetic Build and a 165% Toxin Build (most likely paired with the Corpus Faction Mod in the other 60/60 Slot).

With Toxin 62% of your Damage (165%/265% ≈ 62%) will bypass Shields and deal Damage directly to Health, with the remaining 38% Damage going to Shields until they run out.

With Magnetic you'll be dealing 100% of your Damage to Shields and Health.

While this does make Toxin still seem like the better choice, we should not ignore that the Damage Vulnerability to Magnetic will no longer apply only to some of the Corpus' Shields but to all of the Corpus' Shields and Health. And lets not forget that Magnetic turns off Corpus' Shield Gate and Shield Regeneration.

So if that Damage Vulnerability is significant (eg 75%), this might be a massive boost for Magnetic! It might become very much worth it against Corpus, especially against the few that have lots of Health or even Armor. Who knows, Amalgam Corpus might even gain resistance to Toxin, furthermore reinforcing the power of Magnetic.

I'm very much with Pablo on the wait-and-see front for Magnetic. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with some honest build diversity between Toxin DoT Builds and Magnetic Raw Damage Builds.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, -HoB-KurtOn said:

Soooo, how does all this stop me from still using viral/slash? Like, cool story whatever. Also, why make enemies weaker lol?

It doesn't. Pablo even said during the devstream "They're good, but not mandated, so you can just stick with your viral slash if you want to." The goal isn't to replace the current options, but instead bring up others.

And the reason on why making enemies weaker, is if you can't fully strip the armor off of enemies, you're pretty much useless against them. Because even stripping 80% of an enemies armor at high level, still leaves them with 87% DR. It's why double corrosive shards are the popular thing right now, because it gives players flexibility in weapon choices now. 

• Like 5

I'm waiting for "Warframe-type" enemy: High Health, High Armor, High Shield.
Toxin dealing low dmg as of Armor, all other dmg goes into shield and i guess only here Magnetic will work...

When you don't have someone in party with Unairu school.

And enemy already have similar "High Health, High Armor, High Shield": some Corpus Drones/enemies. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, --Impulse-- said:

Please for the love of the game DO NOT. oversimplify the enemy material types.

No. The game is too bloated with the weakness-resistance grid it currently has, and the gameplay as of 2024 doesn't have time for that level of BS. The game is too fast-paced for this. I don't have time to sit around in Simulacrum meticulously playing with the balance of my weapons. I have Ducs and Arcanes farm.

9 minutes ago, --Impulse-- said:

I've been playing since October of 2012(this being a second account as I lost my first). There is NO reason to change the material composition of enemies. Oversimplifying this gains nothing but to appease the new players who join and don't care to read into enemies and study what works best and doesn't. 

If there's two things I've learned over my time on these forums, it's that nobody cares how long you've been playing the game, and nobody except introvert lore nerds like me care about Codex.

14 minutes ago, --Impulse-- said:

If you're upset with the Viral slash meta and want to encourage players to use other elements there are so many other options to go about this.

From what I've seen, those "other options" are just lazily nuking a meta into the ground so much that a new meta rises to take it's place. That's literally how we got here, from the player side of things. Old metas were nuked either through making some weapon or damage type less effective or by making enemies more spongy. Now there's a meta that they can't just nuke because it'd require removing two entire status effects from the game. They backed themselves into a corner, now they're facing the consequences and doing what they should have done in the first place.

20 minutes ago, --Impulse-- said:

Firstly, there's nothing wrong with enemy materials, condensing all material types into faction specific damage pools oversimplifies the combat and gives no incentive to actually build for the proper damage.
Incentivizing players to learn the game's material system and codex is the way to go forward, not nuking all these stats to babify them into a simple health pool with + - effects. That's boring as hell and completely unnecessary, it's going to ruin the game's flow and completely kill any interest in learning mechanics of it. The codex already has a clear explanation on what enemies are resistant and weak to, players who learn what's best to build for each faction are better off than simply breaking it down into "Grineer here are weak to corrosive heat, corpus are weak to Toxin Magnetic but resist cold"
That's NOT fun and ruins a lot of the challenge for building on enemy types.

The main problem here is that enemy health is currently dumb. If we stick to just Grineer, it's simple. Two base HP types (Organic and Mechanical), two armor types (Light and Heavy). Corpus used to be the same, just replacing Armor with Shields, before some of their higher-level units got Armor. Now, with SIX ENEMY FACTIONS WHO ALL OVERLAP HEALTH TYPES, such a system is no longer viable. Had they stuck with the formula they already perfected with the Grineer, we wouldn't be in this mess. But, again, because they decided to take the lazy way out with enemy design, they have to reap what they've sown. Making it a per-faction basis is the way to do this. New players have 11 years worth of grind to catch up on; and they don't have time to extensively study the wiki (which has been the go-to for damage info anyway because the Codex sucks at it).

29 minutes ago, --Impulse-- said:

One problem I have always had with Status is it's impossible to NOT build for meta like Viral Heat when there's no easy way to simply get base status types and effects when building in the arsenal and it's incredibly inconvenient to organize your mods to get the effects you want since you have to organize them in a specific way which may require you to reforma or swap polarities where needed if something doesn't fit or uses too much capacity.

You have literally just made the case as to why this is a necessary change. Allowing player choice is a good thing. Why let players inflict Status Effects in the game at all if we're just going to stick to Viral/Heat/Slash?

36 minutes ago, --Impulse-- said:

Reprogramming the modding system so that it doesn't just follow order of Top right > bottom right > combining whatever is in sequence has always sucked.

The way I learned it is that the modding screen works from left to right, top to bottom. It starts in the Top Left, it ends in the Bottom Right, and it combines Mods in order of what you slot in. I have no idea what you're on about.

37 minutes ago, --Impulse-- said:

Furthermore, weapons that have built in status types are impossible to build into. For example; I want my bubonico to have Corrosive Heat toxin, but I cant do that because adding an electric mod will just create radiation without adding an extra toxin mod as a buffer, then I lose the toxin effect. And I couldn't build for Corrosive cold either without making Viral electricity.

Status mods should work like this: Mods next to each other should combine effects, IE: Heat + elec makes Rad, Cold + elec makes magnetic but if one of those types is being combined then > use uncombined if mods are adjacent. 
Top row and bottom row would separate mod combinations so you can have Cold > Slash mod (buffer) Tox + elec(Corr) and the two wouldn't combine, and for weapons with innate status types, if they don't have that type IE tox in the build then it would remain with their unchanged 27 toxin as a raw status type which would only calculate for 1.5% chance to proc on a status build with 120% with Slash Heat being the main source.

If this is such an issue, then you've literally just made the case to simplify it even more by ditching the combo system (outside of Lavos) and giving each Advanced Element it's own suite of 90 and 60/60 mods; which they've already set president for.

This is not a slow-paced RPG that requires constant strategy, and trying to force it that way is just a waste of your time. I would know, I've tried.
This is a fast-paced looter shooter where you get kicked for not being the most efficient player in the world. The less time I have to spend staring at my mod screen, the faster I can catch up to the grind.

If you want bullet-sponge enemies, go play Steel Path Survival for a few hours.

Spoiler

Heck, speaking of Lavos, this change is nothing but a mega-buff to Lavos. Lavos can imbue his non-weapon attacks with whatever elements he wants, and his latest Augment adds that same element to your weapon for a short period of time. Lavos was already good, but now he's gonna be the meta that Chroma used to be.

• Like 10

Personally I like a lot of some the upcoming changes and the philosophy behind them. Will still need to wait and see for some of them, but yeah. I also respectfully disagree with some of the counter points. Not all of them, but some, for example some replies have, to paraphrase "armour wasn't that bad, since its so easily stripped", and sure... Like if you are use to playing at level cap, and you have dedicated tools, to get rid of armour, and you have the knowledge and understanding, and you have constructed a kit and build to handle those missions, then yes... it wasn't that bad. It can also feel satisfying to play at that level but constructing the right solutions to problems, but it overlooks that some other may prefer/like other tools and wish they might be more effective in different context.

Personally, not an issue for me, because my play style is that I can flex and so yeah I usually combine my general preferences with the right tools I know are effective/efficient for situations I find myself in, whether thats level cap Grineer or SP Circuit or star chart Relics. That being said, clearly a lot of peoples favourite gear, like Warframes without armour strips, certain weapons, can be a bit hindered, and whilst thats just generally going to happen anyway (meta picks and off meta), it can be nice if/when changes occur to allow broader viability, in such contexts, like with the armour change, or allowing certain elements potentially having more utility/justification, even if there are still some obvious selection possibilities (for those that want to chase the meta). 

While I do believe that this will definitely need more time to cook but with the information given on hand, it feels that either I will be enticed to go to the arsenal every time I go to a new planet which will be a pain in the butt or I will be running heat+viral+slash anyways

• Like 2