The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why do people use Mesa Prime?

Posted (edited)

She has a massive fire rate aimbot 360 degrees within 50 meter range (and with augument she can keep walking/rolling while doing it). Squadwide dmg boost+enemy disarm and personal damage reduction of 95%. Whats not not like?

She trivialises every open pretty much every open world bounty, she is good at point control, killing demolysts/minibosses/planetbosses (eg. Raptor boss is so shocked it drops the datamass into his own vent) etc. 

Mesa Prime or Mesa, doesnt matter.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 7

19 minutes ago, zren8000 said:

It's probably just me but I don't understand what's with Mesa Prime? People say she's good but I don't see the appeal.

Her 2 and 3 actually make her a very safe defensive tank frame with "set and forget" buffs that don't interfere in gameplay

Her 2 not only gives her (and one random squadmate) a free base damage bonus to all primary and secondary wepaons, it forces all nearby enemies into a "weapon jammed" animation -- and if an enemy thinks they can escape by not having that animation? They get hit with the "blinded" animation instead

Her 3 gives her 95% damage resistance to all gunfire, and with an augment staggers all enemies who shoot her

• Like 3

25分钟前 , zren8000 说:

It's probably just me but I don't understand what's with Mesa Prime? People say she's good but I don't see the appeal.

Gentleman, it is because you failed to appreciate her assets.

I am talking about Peacemakers.

• Like 8

With a nice build, you aim vaguely in the direction of your enemies and hold down the trigger, and she go BRRRRRRRRRZ and they're all dead.  Very stylish, very effective.  And 95% damage resistance is nothing to sneeze at, either.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, zren8000 said:

She’s a no brain aim bot, she can easily get through just about any content, even with a bare minimal build, she can be relatively tanky with shatter shield, she can disarm her arguments are decent especially mesa waltz which lets you move while in your 4, she has decent fashion frame, her passive is also really good

Firearms Proficiency

Mesa has a significantly improved stats with firearms

• +15% fire rate with dual wielded sidearms
  • +25% reload speed for one handed sidearms
  • +50 health when no melee weapon is equipped
  •  
Edited by (PSN)FrDiabloFr
  • Like 1

Because she, like every other really popular frame, is very good at trivializing and/or outright removing several aspects to the gameplay.

Survivability is trivialized with Shatter Shield's 95% damage reduction while enemies are deleted instantly by Peacemaker. And the only action Peacemaker requires by the player, aside from casting the ability with enemies vaguely on your screen, is to properly mod it by looking up what a correct Peacemaker build is.

Really any time you see a lot of players recommending a specific frame the reason why is always the same: they make the game even easier.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

Firearms Proficiency

Mesa has a significantly improved proficiencies with firearms, ranging from Punch Through, Multishot, Reload Speed, Maximum Ammo, and movement passive bonuses. The following is the known bonuses to Mesa:

+1.0m Punch Through bonus on sniper rifles.
+2 extra pellets for shotguns.
+5% additive damage for rifles.
+15% projectile speed on launchers.
+10% fire rate on dual pistols.
+20% reload speed for single sidearms.
+20% extra ammo for bows.
+20% strafe speed while aiming (zoom-in).
+15% health bonus without melee equipped.  

These are really, really old, and I had to look them up to even find they existed. From what I can tell, her current passive is the following:

• +25% reload speed for one handed sidearms
  • Like 1

Along with all of the above mentioned plus points Mesa is such an easy frame to use. She does not need a specific build to be objectively good. She does not need any micro management for her abilities compared to some other frames. Mesa is also a very forgiving frame so even inexperienced players can build her add a few mods and have fun with the game play.  

Cuz this...

CXPL6jS.gif

She's durable. good DPS, decent status at 30% with insane fire rate.
She fits right into the typical forced Warframe "meta".

She used to actually require aiming at higher levels when enemies were more durable but that's not a thing anymore.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Nekomian said:

These are really, really old, and I had to look them up to even find they existed. From what I can tell, her current passive is the following:

• +25% reload speed for one handed sidearms

I got that from the wiki, on double checking i can also see what you said too, i’ll edit my post gg

Edited by (PSN)FrDiabloFr

20 minutes ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

+50 health when no melee weapon is equipped

This is a rather useless buff, though.
Amalgam Furax Bodycount gives 45% fire rate to pistols... I would never drop this buff on my Mesa.
Furax and Mesa belong together; no HP buff can change that for me.

-c0y

• Like 1

Just now, _COY_ said:

Amalgam Furax Bodycount gives 45% fire rate to pistols... I would never drop this buff on my Mesa.

-c0y

True, i don’t think it’s the worst or best buff it’s just trying to push you to play her like a gunslinger by giving that buff without equipping a melee, it’s dependent on how you play her, ye the furax amalgam mod is rather nice i agree.

Just so I can say “It’s hiiigh noon,” then go bang bang bang while admiring the prime helmet making me look like a cowgirl from the Wild West. 

vor 10 Stunden schrieb zren8000:

mods installed? and dont forget to mod her guns

41 minutes ago, Aruquae said:

Just so I can say “It’s hiiigh noon,” then go bang bang bang while admiring the prime helmet making me look like a cowgirl from the Wild West. 

She’s a mix of mcree and ashe.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:
12 hours ago, zren8000 said:

Her 2 and 3 actually make her a very safe defensive tank frame with "set and forget" buffs that don't interfere in gameplay

Her 2 not only gives her (and one random squadmate) a free base damage bonus to all primary and secondary wepaons, it forces all nearby enemies into a "weapon jammed" animation -- and if an enemy thinks they can escape by not having that animation? They get hit with the "blinded" animation instead

Her 3 gives her 95% damage resistance to all gunfire, and with an augment staggers all enemies who shoot her

What about non armed enemies.

That 2nd augment Muzzle flash seems like it it will blind enemies constantly...but I bet there is freaking cooldown to make it less useful.

As for 3 - is it useless against enemies without guns like Murmurs or infested? I feel like Infused Mirage/Eclipse with 75% on all attacks would be better. I feel like it's the case like Disarmer Xaku. You go disarm enemies with 2nd (negative duration nowadays) but with something like infested it's useless.

12 hours ago, RichardKam said:
13 hours ago, zren8000 said:

Gentleman, it is because you failed to appreciate her assets.

I am talking about Peacemakers.

Well, if her assets make you peace then it's ok. Whatever floats your boat. ;)

6 hours ago, _COY_ said:
6 hours ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

+50 health when no melee weapon is equipped

-c0y

Or arcane pistoler with 120% firerate.

1 hour ago, quxier said:

That 2nd augment Muzzle flash seems like it it will blind enemies constantly...but I bet there is freaking cooldown to make it less useful.

No that bad boy has no cooldown. Between the lasso itself blinding enemies and the bonus augment blinds, you got blinds for days

1 hour ago, quxier said:

As for 3 - is it useless against enemies without guns like Murmurs or infested? I feel like Infused Mirage/Eclipse with 75% on all attacks would be better. 

True that Mesa's 3 has no effect on enemy melee attacks. But if you're actually taking melee damage as Mesa? Something has seriously gone wrong and it sure as heck isn't Mesa's fault.

Mirage's buff doesn't even come close

1 hour ago, quxier said:

I feel like it's the case like Disarmer Xaku. You go disarm enemies with 2nd (negative duration nowadays) but with something like infested it's useless.

Last I experimented, Infested replace any "disarming" effect they would suffer with impact damage. So if you're Loki and you cast his 4 in the middle of a bunch of Infested they all take a lump of damage

• Like 1