Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are you ready for the inevitable ORDIS boss fight?

To @dsagent : "How would you make an Ordis fight?"

Fighting Ordis mean he kick you out of the orbiter in 0.1ms ... Operator or Stalky does not stand a chance.

Fighting The Beast of Bones, the very best killer of his own time who only wish to die valiantly until Orokin choose otherwise...

How great he was ? Second to none, not even JADE

How swift he was ? Second to none, not even Stalker

How strong his mind was ? Second to none, not even Umbra

BETTER, FASTER, STRONGER than any Killer that precede him ...

HOW I SEE It : SNIKT! by Tsutomu Nihei

lKlgg4rmUGTg6whceT6JU5ZmxN5LFWbyhFiNepaniqF7cAanQJ9Y5CIIn2ol5gaCH3YpK25haoo6zDVA1k8Ovlg4NZYUJpTDoiPkpcarez-0McNZJD-KLg-JbvwZ5K1N3zzUHn6rHA=s1600?rhlupa=MmEwMTpjYjA1OjhiMmE6YzYwMDpiNDk5OjQ3MWM6Zjc2MjozMzYz&rnvuka=TW96aWxsYS81LjAgKFdpbmRvd3MgTlQgMTAuMDsgV2luNjQ7IHg2NDsgcnY6MTI3LjApIEdlY2tvLzIwMTAwMTAxIEZpcmVmb3gvMTI3LjA=detail.jpg

Edited by RLanzinger
  • Like 2

I highly doubt we'll get a boss fight but I would love to have a small cinematic quest like Jade Shadows dedicated to showing us a bit of Ordan's story. It's unlikely to happen since we already have all his important lore from cephalon fragments so dedicating a whole quest just to tell the same story would be a waste of resources (but I want it anyways!!!).

• Like 1

Technically it could be possible to have an Ordan fight thanks to the wonderful bs the Void is capable of with turning emotions into physical reality. So it could be possible for Ordan to be "revived" if Ordis entered the Void and encountered enough strong emotions related to Ordan, just like what he's going through in the event with Parvos.

It could be an interesting way to spice up Duviri with an update down the line. Having Ordan as someone we can directly fight like Kullervo or even as an assassin mini boss encountered there.

As for what said fight could be like it'd be neat if DE could mimic what high level Conclave is like with it. Where you're spending the fight chasing a fly on the wall but the fly has a gun and would love to stab you. And since he'd be a recreation of Ordis' damaged psyche he could suffer similar breakdowns to allow for a vulnerability period for those who can't keep up with the mobility.

• Like 1

I have been asking for a story continuation to the beast of bones every since I finished his fragments .

I will be hyperventilating like a blacksmiths bellows if that becomes a reality.

I will also take any opportunity to beat the S#&$ out of ordis and his puns.

As to how it goes ?

I imagine something like this :

Ordis : Operator I am getting some STIMULATING , strange signals from a corpus outpost. Lets me see if I can decrypt it.

Operator: Be careful Ordis

Ordis : I am always CASUAL careful operator... Hmm that's strange ... Oh no Operator it's a TRAP temporal relay and placation signal , it's pulling me away.

Ordis: Silence , 

New quest : Find ordis.

Quest : typical missions of spy or mobile defense that ends in an assassination.

Assassination target : some new proxy that is humanoid and looks very beast of boney. Proxy throws puns and there are parazon finisher segments. Destroying the proxy frees ordis , but you get more exposition throughout the fight.

I'm more than a little surprised Jordan Karris [thank you autocorrect] turned out to be an important figure to anyone in any way. Like, when I first heard the story, I assumed he was on the level of Jack Ruby, as in ultimately just some ordinary guy. Ballas could slip a bundle of cash to Karris and he would shank a b*tch on the down-low -- Warframes and Scoria assassins are more skilled and powerful, but they might leave a paper trail, while nobody is going to trace a slum-dwelling gutter-runner all the way to an Orokin Emperor. And when Karris was finally offered a cushy retirement he decided he was just done, and the legacy of an ant killing a god was better than wallowing away in guilt for the rest of eternity surrounded by clients he hated.

But now Karris is some sort of mythical figure the Tenno and Corpus celebrated as an ultimate badass. Unless Parvos is heavily exaggerating for the sake of propaganda, this notion of gleaming warrior Karris really doesn't gel with the impression I got of him all those years ago

Also how does Parvos recognize Ordis's voice when Ordis and Jordan sound nothing alike?!

I think it's pretty possible though. DE could have just be done with Ordan Karris after the codex easter egg but they chose to mention it again in Jade's Shadow. So it probably has some narrative importance. Maybe not a boss fight at the end but they definitely have plans for Ordis.

1 hour ago, Marvelous_A said:

I think it's pretty possible though. DE could have just be done with Ordan Karris after the codex easter egg but they chose to mention it again in Jade's Shadow. So it probably has some narrative importance. Maybe not a boss fight at the end but they definitely have plans for Ordis.

I mean, Ordis’s New War body’s origin is still unclear(unless I missed something). So there’s definitely room for more story.

• Like 1

I think that most scenarios for a boss fight with Ordis are unrealistic, since he is basically the closest companion we've got and would never lay a finger on us, but there is ONE exception I can think of: I can't remember if it was in War Within or New War, but at one point in the story we are technically no longer "the Operator" according to Ordis, and he attempts to purge us from the Orbiter.. I think DE could play more into that. imagine:

we are in the final battle against Wally, but Wally starts inducing nightmares in our mind, preying on the operator's insecurities and emotions. they end up being transported into a space where it's not clear if it is real, a manifestation of the Void or inside the operator's own mind. then, allies of the tenno appear, and start attacking them while hurling abuse, going through each of the allied faction leaders and characters we've helped along the way, until we finally get to the last person.: a somewhat haggard- lookin figure, with a single Boltace tonfa on his back, and beneath his robes, plugs made of... bone? he gets up slowly, and turns around: you've never seen his face before, but your operator's shocked expression shows they know exactly who it is. as the operator tries to process what they're seeing.. he speaks, in that low, cold voice that sounds all too familiar...

"hello... Operator."

then the boss fight against him begins, bone daggers go flying everywhere with each of his attacks, and he moves almost as fast as you do. you are fighting the BEAST OF BONES!

Edited by (PSN)robotwars7

3 hours ago, TheArmchairThinker said:
12 hours ago, (PSN)CUInc said:

We might have r34 about pregnant female warframe already with Jade Shadows release 🗿 

Let’s go with the “out of sight, out of mind” mindset shall we?

11 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I have been asking for a story continuation to the beast of bones every since I finished his fragments .

I will be hyperventilating like a blacksmiths bellows if that becomes a reality.

I will also take any opportunity to beat the S#&$ out of ordis and his puns.

As to how it goes ?

I imagine something like this :

Sounds good to me.

• Like 1

Judge me if you want but that one scene from The New War made me smile.

I would prefer to fight Ordis. He's now proven to be a really bad security system as well.