The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jade eximus sucks because of the intention implementing them.

1 hour ago, kuciol said:

There is no point in introducing challenging content now when 99% of players dont care about it.

Perhaps DE should make the game even easier instead 🙄

• Like 3

On 2024-06-27 at 4:31 AM, _Eclips3_ said:

I’ve been thinking a lot about the introduction of the Jade Eximus, and I must say, I find the approach quite distasteful. These new enemies, designed as an anti-AFK feature, are meant to target and disrupt players who might be standing still too long, even if they're just taking a momentary breather. This feels less like a gameplay feature and more like a mechanism to police player behaviour, which doesn’t sit right with me.

This method reminds me starkly of hostile architecture in urban environments—those benches with dividers that prevent lying down, or spikes on flat surfaces to deter sitting. These designs are intended to control behaviour in public spaces under the guise of maintaining order, but they often end up penalising harmless activities and detracting from the user experience. Similarly, the Jade Eximus seems to impose a strict rule on how players should engage with the game, prioritising constant activity over a more relaxed or varied play style.

In my view, game design should enhance the experience, not dictate it. It should allow for flexibility in how players choose to engage with the game. Measures like the Jade Eximus, while aiming to prevent inactivity, might actually detract from the enjoyment of the game by injecting a sense of surveillance and compulsion into what should be a leisure activity.

Are you jaded because you can't AFK stand still anymore?

• Like 5

So many of these threads just sound like one teenager who has smoked pot twice trying to explain how the world works to a teenager who smoked pot once...

I realize many of you just like to argue about insignificant minutiae over which you have no control but to which you still get emotionally attached, and I appreciate it, because it's very funny to read.

Specifically on topic, personally, I encountered this weird light that won't leave me alone unless I move or kill it, so I move or I kill it.

Not really rocket surgery. 

Yet, for some, this seems to be an emotional rollercoaster involving 'getting good', 'elitism', and a huge dose about 'how it once was' and 'how it is now' and 'how our DE overlords are controlling us'...

Hilarious!

Happy Gaming!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

Specifically on topic, personally, I encountered this weird light that won't leave me alone unless I move or kill it, so I move or I kill it.

Watch out, you'll be accused of elitism 🤣

• Like 2

On 2024-07-08 at 2:48 PM, kuciol said:

The prime example of elitist. Its a game, the more you to make it some kind of achievment to play the bigger loser you are. Look mom i can hit this pixel with that other pixel better than the other guy with his pixels. Pathetic. 

I love how I didn't mention anything about "hitting pixels" yet you just cannot help your insecurities.

Is it really elitism when it's you putting me on a pedestal your own inferiority complex built?

Is it really elitism, or just you in specific being so far below average to the point that common videogame mechanics sound elitist to you?

• Like 6

I really dont see the problem with the Jade Light. It was uhm a bit overtuned between two patches, like instantly killing a Kullervo straight through OG, massive armor and health. But after the fix it isnt exactly dangerous. Even fairly squishy frames survive it well enough aslong as you move just a little, without having to hurry massively.

And if you need a quick breather, there are simple solutions. Transfer, void mode, go pee/grab drink/whatever. I had to do it today since a storm was coming so had to close the windows. Did I die to Jade Light when I went to close them? Nope I was safe in the void going up in an elevator.

• Like 1

On 2024-07-09 at 1:07 PM, kuciol said:

You are arguing ancient times when Warframe wasnt even 1/10th as popular as it is now. Even if it was hard as balls that time it changes nothing.

Did I ever say otherwise?

My point was that you were wrong to say that the game was always the casual experience that it is today. It was not, and relative popularity does not change that fact.

Edited by Corvid
  • Like 3

Just because a game has an inherent casual side or has drifted more towards a casual audience does not mean that every decision has to be for the sake of the casual playerbase.
If challenge is not implement into any form the game will just become stale and after all is said and done any challenge added to most games of this archetype becomes inherently casual once the playerbased has reached a sensible familiarity.

Just look at eximus units in general. Sure terrifying for new players maybe, And possibly even at high difficulties. But at some point any player will reach the spot of casualness of the enemy archetype.

Not every decision however can just be made for the sake of being at the casual level. And honestly in my opinion outside of the massive damage bug, Jade eximus units are already on their way of reaching that. You can already avoid the laser just by walking. The biggest challenge is only really finding and killing the eximus unit itself which it really is not that hard with the big visual queues no matter what LOS it might have.

Finally on that matter just because the game has a big casual playerbase that doesn't mean non casual things should not be added, as any player will eventually reach a threshold that will put them past casual play just based on playtime itself. Items will be available that make you so much stronger with such minimal effort that you will eventually mow down end game enemies even if its not to the extreme levels.

Thats just how warframe's progression goes.

Also a player is not elitist for suggesting challenge or difficulty in a game nor for providing strategies to said challenge. No-one is acting superior by telling someone to walk or shoot the orb, Its the actual solutions that exist and are available to any player at any difficulty. And just because a problem exists like the orbs clipping through the geometry, Does not make the points invalid.

Some of these arguments have just fallen to brainrot at this point as its mostly fallen to semantics. Its clear that Jade eximus units are here to stay and fundamentally thats not bad. The unit will be put in with the rest just as the eximus units before it, and in a month people will barely even think about it. Thats fundamentally, how it always goes.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, darklord122 said:

-and in a month people will barely even think about it.-

This here... These eximus units are already mundane to me, personally. Just one more fancy colored enemy among many. They have a neat mechanic to them but otherwise, eh.

The most interesting part about them for me is the lore part with the event. These eximus units are MASSIVELY watered down from what the Jade Light could apparently actually do and if Parvos should ever succeed in making a full blast Jade Light eximus, we would be looking at a situation where they would not just one-shot you as soon as you hit LOS but remove that frame from your inventory because it is now dust. In my head at least, that would be how it'd work. 

For now they are just a different flavour to Energy and Health Leech eximus units who also spawn their colour of pain at your position, forcing you to move lest you suffer the consequences of your inactions. At least with Jade you can shoot at the floaty bulb. Then again it chases you, so fair trade I guess. 
Was gonna make a joke comment about these three making up the "RGB eximus gang" but Energy ones are purple, not blue. That colour is taken by the Electric one. Sadness. 

• Like 1

On 2024-07-09 at 1:50 PM, Zimzala said:

So many of these threads just sound like one teenager who has smoked pot twice trying to explain how the world works to a teenager who smoked pot once...

I realize many of you just like to argue about insignificant minutiae over which you have no control but to which you still get emotionally attached, and I appreciate it, because it's very funny to read.

Not really rocket surgery. 

Yet, for some, this seems to be an emotional rollercoaster involving 'getting good', 'elitism', and a huge dose about 'how it once was' and 'how it is now' and 'how our DE overlords are controlling us'...

Hilarious!

Happy Gaming!

"Zero argument, just attack, so it follows the same line of reasoning as 'argumentation': when there's an AFK in the mission, just quit, play with your friends or use any other solution available to you. If this Eximus was so good, why didn't DE make announcements and advertisements about it or even a dev stream about the Jade Eximus? Or are you complaining about your inability to kill a mob and accusing others? 

I even agree that AFK players are a pain, but saying that this Jade Eximus is a good idea is like eating crap and thinking it's good because you were hungry. Look at the player data on Steam and the streams on Twitch to see how much of a 'good idea' this Jade Eximus was (this is an argument, not the veiled attack you made)."

• Like 1

I like Jade Eximus in principle, but some behavior should be tweaked. Just now, the game spawned me in into a running Mobile Defense. My warframe spawned in on top of the defense objective. When I got control of my warframe, a Jade light had already been targeting my warframe for a while, which meant that the first thing I heard was the bell of the mission failing. Thrilling.

I guess the best thing in this case would be to tweak the spawn mechanics.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Barhakiel said:

"Zero argument, just attack, so it follows the same line of reasoning as 'argumentation': when there's an AFK in the mission, just quit, play with your friends or use any other solution available to you. If this Eximus was so good, why didn't DE make announcements and advertisements about it or even a dev stream about the Jade Eximus? Or are you complaining about your inability to kill a mob and accusing others? 

I even agree that AFK players are a pain, but saying that this Jade Eximus is a good idea is like eating crap and thinking it's good because you were hungry. Look at the player data on Steam and the streams on Twitch to see how much of a 'good idea' this Jade Eximus was (this is an argument, not the veiled attack you made)."

Why on earth would one advertise a mob specifically because in a lot of people's or DE's eyes its seen as "good"?.

They already had advertisements for the jade event itself and a full blown post about exactly how the eximus operates. Why advertise a mob when the entire event was advertised? This feels like such a non argument.

The argument for weather or not Jade eximus units actually were made for afk players we might never know, However its a side effect of the mob and in all honesty its not bad for the game at all.

Saying the mob is bad just "Cause player data" when most of that data has not even had more than a month to accumulate and is majority based on a bug that happened due to a hotfix, is such a S#&$ take I might need a Kleenex to wipe it off. God damn.

This eximus has so many ways of countering it, Its honestly laughable even for casual players. And it will fall into obscurity no matter what.

Point is, Just because its disagreeable to someones playstyle or its frustrating does not mean its necessarily a bad mob. Because eventually just like all frustrating mobs in Warframe people will learn how to deal with it in due time.

9 minutes ago, TurjanMi.ir said:

I like Jade Eximus in principle, but some behavior should be tweaked. Just now, the game spawned me in into a running Mobile Defense. My warframe spawned in on top of the defense objective. When I got control of my warframe, a Jade light had already been targeting my warframe for a while, which meant that the first thing I heard was the bell of the mission failing. Thrilling.

I guess the best thing in this case would be to tweak the spawn mechanics.

The objective stuff will probably be addressed, I feel like they wont leave that as is. Either spawns or damage reduction changes will probably happen, At least thats my guess.

Edited by darklord122
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Barhakiel said:

"Zero argument, just attack, so it follows the same line of reasoning as 'argumentation': when there's an AFK in the mission, just quit,

I think the theory is that the primary purpose is not to counter random afks in pubs, but rather afk farming.  It is just a theory, but it seems at least plausible.

14 minutes ago, Barhakiel said:

Look at the player data on Steam

This looks indeterminate?  According to the chart they avoided the usual June /July / pre-Tennocon slump and average players are still up over previous summers.   They did have a major dip in May, but that can't be blamed on JL eximus that weren't in game yet.

I don't necessarily think steamcharts are the be-all and end-all anyway.  But it doesn't look like mass player condemnation of Jade Shadows content is showing in their data, such as it is.

• Like 4

On 2024-07-12 at 12:26 PM, Barhakiel said:

Where did I say it was good?

I could not care less about AFK players, I play solo only.

My point is that it's funny so many people lose their minds over it.

Who cares? It's just another enemy in a 10 year old game that will change again in teh next update.

8 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

Where did I say it was good?

I could not care less about AFK players, I play solo only.

My point is that it's funny so many people lose their minds over it.

Who cares? It's just another enemy in a 10 year old game that will change again in teh next update.

if all you have to say in the discussion is "who cares lol" maybe next time refrain from typing

some of you are not very good at staying on-topic.

afk and just standing still for some modest period of time arent the same thing.

i have a small libertarian streak, i cant stand ANY attempt at control/modulation of my behavior. i'm just not built that way. so i totally understand and empathize with where the OP is coming from. on top of that, games should be fun. if things are managed/rules'd to death, it defeats the purpose of playing an online game.

that said.. we all know damn well afk and standing still a moment aren't the same thing. probably what should happen is the jade should start out pretty low dmg then quickly ramp up to heavy dmg so that a true afk'er is gonna be toast in several moments or so, at the most.. meanwhile any normal player will surely move before dying.

no big deal. everyone wins, at least in the form of no one losing anything. the earth continues to rotate. the sky isn't falling. but don't change revenant, hell, you'd have a third of the games players revolting haha. i cant seem to scratch my head without bumping into 3 of them.

Edited by SaidTheRogue
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, SaidTheRogue said:

afk and just standing still for some modest period of time arent the same thing.

agreed

23 hours ago, SaidTheRogue said:

i cant stand ANY attempt at control/modulation of my behavior.

this is the part i hate the most. they are essentially forcing player behavior in the game, or more accurately, forcing people into a certain playstyle.

forcing everyone to be adderal brained e sport gamers that twitch and move every waking moment is not a path i think they should go down. but thats just like, my opinion.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, latetier said:

forcing everyone to be adderal brained e sport gamers that twitch and move every waking moment is not a path i think they should go down

Yeah, because dealing with those laz0rs is soooooooo demanding 🙄

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, latetier said:

forcing everyone to be adderal brained e sport gamers that twitch and move every waking moment is not a path i think they should go down. but thats just like, my opinion.

Literally just press forward and occasionally roll. It's sad how low the bar really is here.

• Like 2