Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Are Some Features You’re Surprised Aren’t in the Game Yet?

_4shes

I'm sure when you play other games and when you play Warframe, there's a lot of features and quality of life that would be obvious and extremely beneficial but aren't implemented for some reason or another.

For example, a server list. A lot of matchmaking games allow you to view a list of available servers that you can join or sift through. Some matchmaking games that focus on CO-OP rather than large groups of players allow you to host games yourself and allow people to join at their leisure. Deep Rock Galactic even has the option to allow you to write descriptions for whenever you host a server yourself. You can see what classes they're playing and the difficulty also. This helps players have more control over the groups they pair up with and can make their experience more consistent. A dude has high ping? Well you can avoid them entirely now and pick a better host if available.

• Like 4

Warframe doesn't really have a long-enough mission structure for a matchmaking system. There is barely a difficuly slider to begin with, and ping can already be solved for the most part with your ping limit option

As for hosting servers... probably opens up the game a lot more than I think DE wants. Conclave does have servers, though. But eventually Warframe PvE will reach end-of-life, and will become unplayable if DE decides to pull the plug on matchmaking servers. That's when community-hosted servers will become extremely valuable in playing WF beyond its EOL span. You can play plenty of classic multiplayer shooters if people host them, but that's harder to say for modern games that don't allow server hosting.

For as much as the game emphasizes fashionframe, I'm still upset that there are no proper straightforward inspection tools in the shop or in the customization screens. Instead we get awful slow camera panning, annoying character animations wiggling everything around, and models constantly clipping into each other

Edited by Pakaku
  • Like 4

A comprehensive codex that link you where to farm certain Blueprint and mods with drop chance without looking at Wiki. The First Descendant stole a lot of Warframe mechanic, why not steal  copy those information mechanic.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Traumtulpe said:

A button that you can press and that makes it so you always sprint.

There's a sprint toggle option in the accessibility options. Turn of hold to sprint and shift now switches between run and sprint.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Thorham said:

There's a sprint toggle option in the accessibility options. Turn of hold to sprint and shift now switches between run and sprint.

Technically it exists , but it reverts to run when used with some specific actions , usually abilities.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Technically it exists , but it reverts to run when used with some specific actions , usually abilities.

There are plenty actions left that toggle off Sprint (argh), but abilities?
I thought those at least were all addressed by now, which ones still do it?

Anyway, pressing a button for it ... why? Just have a "default Sprint" option so you start missions with it on.
That option actually had snuck into the game a while back, except it was completely non-functional and just a tease lol.

Also, still annoyed about this:

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Thorham said:

That's completely borked unfortunately. I use it, but it untoggles upon casting certain abilities, upon activating or using certain objects (like every single thing inside of a railjack), for a while it even untoggled on every single melee attack lol. Oh, and it untoggles on every single loading screen too.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

There are plenty actions left that toggle off Sprint (argh), but abilities?
I thought those at least were all addressed by now, which ones still do it?

Anyway, pressing a button for it ... why? Just have a "default Sprint" option so you start missions with it on.
That option actually had snuck into the game a while back, except it was completely non-functional and just a tease lol.

Also, still annoyed about this:

Pretty much any ability which has some mobility aspect , 

Lavos 2 for certain , I will have to check which other ones cause I can't recollect all of them.

• Like 1

Being able to alter the "age" of the Drifters face.

I just spent 10 minutes trying to mess with faces to see if there was a way to make them look younger, or at least less rough.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that's literally the point of the Drifter. Been stuck in Duviri for an unknown amount of time but I would like to go from looking like a 50 year old to looking a bit less wrinkly than that.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, 0_The_F00l said:

1 hour ago, Traumtulpe said:

That's completely borked unfortunately. I use it, but it untoggles upon casting certain abilities, upon activating or using certain objects (like every single thing inside of a railjack), for a while it even untoggled on every single melee attack lol. Oh, and it untoggles on every single loading screen too.

How useless. Why is it even in there when it doesn't work?

• Like 3

What final fantasy 14 calls. "Mentor roulette"

This is bassicly a que for people who has cleared all content. Signed up to be a mentor as it is unavailable otherwise to normal players. This node/roulette. Can be matched with -ANY- and i mean any node/mission that exists. In order to help ppl clear the mission.

In warframe. That would mean a 100% random mission button.

Normal starchart.

Steel path.

Railjack.

Open world. (Questionable if it should have its own sepperate randomized node)

• Like 7

A better PvP set between Grineer, Corpus, and maybe Infested as a whole, since we have experience of Grineer and Corpus gameplay, I am still surprised DE hasn't considered about creating PvP that is solely just Grineer versus Corpus.

Don't even need too many ideas, they can just copy and paste each faction's units.

Or... Executioners versus Brokers! Play as Rathuum Executioners against The Index Brokers for a different PvP experience.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Mardana said:

A better PvP set between Grineer, Corpus, and maybe Infested as a whole, since we have experience of Grineer and Corpus gameplay, I am still surprised DE hasn't considered about creating PvP that is solely just Grineer versus Corpus.

Don't even need too many ideas, they can just copy and paste each faction's units.

Or... Executioners versus Brokers! Play as Rathuum Executioners against The Index Brokers for a different PvP experience.

This would be so much better than the kahl missions or conclave as they exist.

Unfortunately , it will still have the same issues that exist for conclave and kahl missions from a player preference perspective.

• Like 1

An option to have all shoulder attachments disappear when you're aiming. There's way too many shoulder attachments that completely block your view if your character has too beefy of shoulders.

• Like 8

A real ignore function.

I can live without 'proper' ML base matchmaking, but not being able to actually prevent plays with whom I do not want to share my entertainment time from joining my game is one of the main reasons I will not play in groups while enjoying WF.

Being able to prevent bad actors in my entertainment time is a must for me, as life is too short to have to spend time playing with jerks.

While there are other things WF could add that I thing would be nice QoL, a true ignore function to prevent playing with jerks really surprises me in it's absence. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

A functional timeline for the various events in the game.

Yeah, it would also be great if it included a little recap of events that came and went. I saw a streamer do the New War recently and I realized how the Teshin part made more sense with context from Operation Orphix Venom. There are some old events I don't really understand either that made my trip through the star chart confusing, especially with regard to Alad V who looks different every time you see him.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sojufueled said:

I saw a streamer do the New War recently and I realized how the Teshin part made more sense with context from Operation Orphix Venom. 

Rather off topic, but I've always thought DE really should have done a small'ish quest based off Oprhix Venom before the New War.

That would have

a) Justified / guided the need for a necramech in the New War

b) Given players the relevant lore outside the event

c) Added some "sentient forces are becoming a threat" feeling to the story arc leading into the New War

d) Served as a tutorial for the Railjack Orphix missions, which could really use something to help guide newer players

• Like 6