Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please bring back 25/50/75% discount Coupons

Please bring back 25/50/75% discount Coupons 😱😱😢😢 (for all players)

For a free to play game, a lot of us don't need to buy platinum all the time with the continued expanse of premium bundles released, and the trade market keeps many others afloat. But in a game flooded with millions of platinum worth of cosmetics and gear, we are all trying to save up for those really important purchases. Most of my friends are always complaining about how they don't have money to buy platinum packs or premium bundles. Now those highlight purchases with the help of coupons are even further away!

I believe that allowing all tenno to benefit from discount Coupons is a much better power move than adding a "coupon" with additional platinum to monetary purchases. The latter does not scream inclusive to those who are of a more modest income to the rest.

I know you thrive off of in game purchases (and forma), and we are happy to keep existing as is, but this new adjustment doesn't feel like the correct one for the player base and Warframe as a company.

Much love (and slight concern),

Yours truly 

• Like 8

If you can't afford to use the bonus plat coupons then, honestly, you probably shouldn't be spending money on a game.

And if that's a concern then why bother with coupons when you can just trade for plat?

They are still in the game.

31 minutes ago, Fallopia said:

More you play less you get.

Low MR get more 75% and 50% offers (to get you hooked up).

After MR 20+ you will get 20% offers.

Do you have a source for this highly volatile claim? I'm MR27 and get 75s and 50s all the time.

Edited by Quest
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, trst said:

If you can't afford to use the bonus plat coupons then, honestly, you probably shouldn't be spending money on a game.

And if that's a concern then why bother with coupons when you can just trade for plat?

I don't think they mean Discount coupons in the PC sense, but the console version where you can get discounts off purchases on market items, like 75% off on outright buying a cosmetic/warframe/etc. I believe they got changed to a new system where you simply get bonus plat when purshasing said plat bundles, which is actually worse in value than PC discount coupons.

Edited by CalvinaPrime
  • Like 7

So to clarify, I'm pretty sure OP means the Market Purchase coupons, that allow(ed) you to buy non-tennogen and non-bundled stuff with a discount. Those are different from Bonus Platinum coupons that PC players always had (and console players didn't), 

tbf both have their strong sides (bonus plat is definitely better if you gonna actually buy plat, while Marker Purchase coupons were great for F2P players) As a console player who has been playing for 9+ years, it feels really bad not getting the Market Purchase coupons anymore.

I guess the reason why they did it is so you couldn't double dip with getting bonus plat first, and then waiting for market discount by logging in on console, and get a massive discount that way. But IMO a way better solution would be to offer you a one time choice of what you want to be getting in your logins. I'm sure many console players would've prefered to keep the market purchase discount coupon.

also correct me if I'm wrong, maybe those are still in there and are just super rare now, but I haven't personally got any for 60+ days now. I got like 3-4 Bonus Plat coupons in that time though...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hellinaut said:

Did I miss something about them removing coupons? To my knowledge they still exist...

They still exist, but they've been diluted with plenty of other values, which lead to the impression the 75% is rarer because of that. Before you had 25/50/75% discounts, now you have 20/30/40/50/60/70/75, so if they have an even chance to appear, the 75% coupon chance to drop is no longer 1/3 but 1/7 instead

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Daily_Tribute

20/30/40/50/60/70/75% Platinum Discount coupon* (PC Only) 1 Legendary

3 hours ago, (XBOX)JDOG640 said:

Please bring back 25/50/75% discount Coupons

Those are still available for PC players. You chose to play on Console where a console maker takes a profit margin of every purchase, so blame them not DE or play on PC.

• Like 1

These discussions always get a bit messy... Its probably generally good if people remember that PC and Consoles are different when it comes to coupons. Its also worth remembering that DE's various policies or changes can be rolled out differently time wise depending on your region.

I am not sure what OP is necessarily asking for exactly, but my impression is that its for the old way that coupons worked, as compared to the new. Which is a bot similar to PC's style (getting X amounts of Platinum), but just not as good. Whether its better or worse may depend on the sort of player and there preferences. Old console version, would let you get singular items at a reduced rate or the reduced rate since different reductions (50%, 75% etc). PC (to my understanding), you can get different levels of Platinum at reduced prices. So Platinum for less money. Current console (as far as I know, in most if not all regions), the vouchers work, where various Platinum purchases exist at the current normal price, but the voucher will give you some extra bonus Platinum. 

Out of the three different methods or implementations, well some really prefer one or two over the others. Between the two console types, I do personally prefer the older version. Which I don't think is as good as the PC version, but I doubt we'd ever get the PC version, and I'd still occasionally use the other Voucher type (even if it was just to get a cheaper Catalyst or Colour Palette), I'd probably never use the new version, just because I personally rather buy a Prime Access Accessories and get Plat that way than just buy Plat. Its not that big an issue to myself either way though (but I understand why it is for some). 

• Like 1

I personally haven't seen anything over 50% in... years(?) - a really long time. But maybe that's due to what this guy said.

4 hours ago, Fallopia said:

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Fallopia:

I've only seen 75% once in the last 2 years. I don't know the real chance (I bet it's probably hard-coded for naive players so that it works like a carrot to a donkey).

I also only invested €200 in 2013-2014. Since then I haven't paid anything. Is it time for an account ban? Because as a customer I'm probably useless. And reasons for a ban can easily be made up because they don't even have to prove it.

41 minutes ago, (PSN)Magician_NG said:

I've seen twice as many "extra platinum" coupons over "percentage off market" coupons.

Did you get any Market Purchase discounts in the last 60 days or so? For me it was around that time where suddenly I stopped getting any, and now only see Bonus Platinum ones instead (also I don't think I ever seen bonus platinum coupons before that either, hence why I got the impression they just completely replaced the market purchase ones)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, (PSN)Gaelic-_-Flame said:

Did you get any Market Purchase discounts in the last 60 days or so? For me it was around that time where suddenly I stopped getting any, and now only see Bonus Platinum ones instead (also I don't think I ever seen bonus platinum coupons before that either, hence why I got the impression they just completely replaced the market purchase ones)

In the last couple or few months?

25% a couple times, 50% once.

Geez some of you are being kinda rude even after someone already explained it.

Just to clarify op is talking about the old console coupon that gave you discount on market items, except bundles, boosters and Tennogen.

Honestly I kinda miss that coupon, it was pretty decent

• Like 6

I'm pretty sure OP is referring to the Market Discount coupons on console which gave you the opportunity to purchase items in the in game market excluding the Bundles and tennogen items. Its sad that they were replaced with Bonus plat coupons which aren't an actual discount, you still pay the same amount for a little more platinum. Uncommon DE L

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Quest said:

They are still in the game.

Do you have a source for this highly volatile claim? I'm MR27 and get 75s and 50s all the time.

Indeed, I'm LR4 with everything built and plenty of spare plat to where I haven't need to buy any in years. I log in every day and I get coupons regularly. I think I've had 4 or 5 coupons in the past 5 months with at least one each of 75 and 50. People keep repeating those lines, but it's clearly nonsense.

RNG is RNG.

• Like 1

I need help on this matter, im from PS and i made the cross save, cross thing to trade and that, i got a few of those of bonus platinum that i never get, but the market discounts coupons since i made that cross save thing i never saw one, my question is, the daily reward pool got diluted and i have bad luck on getting those bonus plat or i can still get those markets discounts?

I really, really don't like how little of good coupons I get now.

I stopped playing in 2016. I remember for a fact that back then, when I played with my ex, both him and I got coupons for 75/80 and we got plat every time we got those.

Now in 2024 I don't think I got any coupons other than a meager 25 which I did not use.

LO and behold, I tried getting my wife to play WF with me and guess what? Got a good coupon right away. 75/80, cant remember which.

I would buy plat if I got good coupons again :(

For what it's worth, I miss the console-style coupons, the ones that reduced the amount of platinum you had to pay to buy an in-game purchase.  I really liked those, because they worked no matter where you got your platinum from; I myself get more than enough platinum from things these coupons don't apply to like Prime Access and trading.

Whenever I get the PC-style coupons, it feels like a waste because I was never going to buy platinum via that method.  Now, if they made these coupons apply to Prime Access...then DE would have my interest.

• Like 2

hace 1 hora, (PSN)Unstar dijo:

For what it's worth, I miss the console-style coupons, the ones that reduced the amount of platinum you had to pay to buy an in-game purchase.  I really liked those, because they worked no matter where you got your platinum from; I myself get more than enough platinum from things these coupons don't apply to like Prime Access and trading.

Whenever I get the PC-style coupons, it feels like a waste because I was never going to buy platinum via that method.  Now, if they made these coupons apply to Prime Access...then DE would have my interest.

Those coupons to buy in-game, i dont get those anymore, what happen with those?