Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

....stereotypes are one thing, attaching ashs arms and zephyrs legs to a antler head does not scream dragon though. It screams chimera. It screams copy-paste. It screams maximum pay for minimal effort. Thanks DE?...

And people are complaining he's not a Rhino clone

Maybe it feels that way to you, but not to most people - especially those of us who love dragons to death and know what they are like.

Uhm ... ok ... After this comment i can't take you seriously ...

P.S. got to search that on wikipedia - it is called herpetophilia if i didn't mistake.

Edited by pavlo555

That is a fish, not a Dragon. Dragon is in the name, yes, but that doesn't make it a dragon. If I name my dog gorilla, he's still a dog.

A Dragon is a fictional creature with many types that all derive from different cultures. All of which come from stories. The European Dragon, the Asian Dragon, the Serpent, the Hydra, ect. A lot of the types of dragons look very different.

This fish, though? It says it was a more recently discovered species. Long after Dragons were an idea. So, some dude went: "I like dragons, and I just found this new fish, so It's a Dragon now. Take that science!".

I agree, but your logic will fall on deaf ears.

I think a lot of people were expecting Endrian 's concept of the Dragon Warframe. Not one that looks like a seahorse.... If you look closely, it looks like the nozzle is placed on it's forehead, and the actual "face" of the Warframe is underneath that nozzle. But even still.... it just looks kind of weird....

Almost reminds me of Hydroid with his huge thunder thighs, but this time it's the new Warframe's Helm.... I hope they release alternate helms that make it looks better.....

I think a lot of people were expecting Endrian's  concept of the Dragon Warframe.

It would be worse if it was a rhino clone Endrian has suggested . And also , stop spamming the link around . DE didn't take this concept into account - they wouldn't take it again..

And now the Typhus fanboys are shuddering at the thought of him actually making it into the game one way or another

Huh. Well played, DE. >:]

looking through the concept of typhus - he will definitely be totally another if DE ever considers his design - it is too anime-ish

His powers are elemental. Goodbye Frost, Goodbye Volt, Goodbye Ember. We only need a freaking Chroma.

You can't be serious.

Frost's snowglobe and CC won't be replaced by Chroma, Volt's speed won't be replaced either and Ember can boost Fire!Chroma's damage making synergy between the both of them. This is without mentioning their look, augments and different stats. 

Questline is it's possessed by a Sentient.

Yes, but there is no indication that the 'Frame itself has been modified in any way. In fact given what the Lotus says it is more likely that Chroma is completely intact, just puppeted due to not having a Tenno inside to protect it from Sentient control (Akin to Mesa).

Personally I think there is nothing unusual about the design, It looks like Zephyr crossed with Ash and a dash of Hydroid. there is nothing "infested" or "Sentient" about it any more that the other Warframes.

I _really_ don't like the helmet design, but that's just an aesthetic opinion, It looks just like a Warframe.

Edited by SilentMobius

Leafy_Sea_Dragon9_.jpg

This is what Chroma was based off, the sea tile sets are coming, this is a sea dragon. Chroma is not a dragon frame, he's a fire breathing sea dragon frame. If you look at it from this way (and stop being butthurt), you'll see that Chroma actually looks quite awesome. Also, any stupid and non constructive comments will be shunned.

EDIT: I just learned why Chroma is infested (or sentient themed), as in Dark Sector, the Chroma enemy was one of the basically humanoid representations of the technocyte virus.

Edited by sappinmahsentry

Art? Get real. This is a videogame. This art serves a purpose, to give an attractive aeshetic to the characters and environments involved. This isn't the Met, it's a game where people assume the role of advanced warriors and kick !. If you can't make a character design that evokes something that the majority of your players are going to find cool and badass, it's time to pack it in.

Well said!

Once again, we wanted a classical dragon, not this.

It's not what you wanted, it's what the devs and Mynki wanted. Stop being so selfish and get out of my thread if you aren't gonna be constructive, I connected the dots beforehand and thought that the frame would have a probability of coming out like a sea dragon. If you keep being so ignorant the door out of this thread is over there.

Edited by sappinmahsentry

im not stretching my imagination. im taking the time to give a simple analysis of the aesthetic of this frame. not only that, i do this to make an attempt to understand Mynki's thought process when it comes to making all these frames. i feel it helps come into terms with what he probably intended for the aesthetic of the frame, whether it was a success or disaster. granted, Mynki's design of Chroma is way too surreal for a dragon, but is it truly impossible to see what he intended?

I can't see it!

Then again I am not an artist but neither is most of the people that play this game. If you are gonna make a frame then it had better be at least somewhat nice looking and if it is going off a well known theme THEN IT HAD BETTER FOLLOW THAT WELL KNOWN THEME.