Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

We know that the word "dragon" is somehow relevant.

We also have these things in the game already called dragon keys. They open derelict vaults.

So the new frame's component blueprints will probably be added to the vault loot tables with a 4% chance of dropping from a successful vault run.

Having him be from the J3 Golem would be nice i guess. They look like they are really spending a great deal of effort on that boss fight given the stages you go through just to beat him and a new frame will mean people will have to actually make use of their hard work to get him and i like that.

Probably be some quest instead though - they are hit and miss with a lot of people but i also like them, there are generally time walls involved but well, WHY does everyone need new content day one anyway? If they can come up with a decent answer for that question then they can just pay plat for him instead.

We know that the word "dragon" is somehow relevant.

We also have these things in the game already called dragon keys. They open derelict vaults.

So the new frame's component blueprints will probably be added to the vault loot tables with a 4% chance of dropping from a successful vault run.

That's like saying we have a berserker frame so the berserker mod has to do with how to get her.

If Gholem drops the Draconian warframe, it will mean everyone will at last get and use an Archwing.

How do you all feel about that?

I just hope they do not name it Draco.

I do not think draconian means what you think it does...  Anyway, archwing needs to see more use, though forcing players to use it for a frame that will need hours of grinding is not the answer.

Edited by Rennagade

If Gholem drops the Draconian warframe, it will mean everyone will at last get and use an Archwing.

How do you all feel about that?

I just hope they do not name it Draco.

don't give a fk about archwing and golem then go buy that frame in market with plat power.

Edited by Shafilp

It's probably been said, but I think it's clantech. The tenno research room in the dojo has a new gadget in the walls, and the warframe display case seems bigger. 

The gadget is a thing with three different parts and a different coloured light attached to each. Fits in with the whole elemental damage colour thing.

That's for the color pigments reseaech.

Perhaps a too 'outside the box' thinking but this could work

Rather then letting colour dictate element - why not let us choose and change element as we play?

Ie. Like with the extra equipment slots we have for scanners and the like; why not one complete seprrate but dedicated to cold, toxin, shock and fire?

This would allow for a switching of elements as we play whilst letting us choose the colours we want - not to mention the uniqueness of being able to select the element - thus keeping the 'chromatic dragon-y-ness'

That's at least one idea

Edit: 300 posts!

This is Sparta!!!!!

Edited by Phyrak

my guess is stalker will drop key that we have to craft and then we can go and try to kill some kind of boss, maybe j3

I remember it was writen somewhere that new frame will have something to do with stalker..

To build boss key you will need 3 different coordinates that have a chance to drop from stalker, G3 and harvester.

Oh and main bp is sold by void trader in only one of his rotations and costs 1k ducats and 500k credits.

...people will have to actually make use of their hard work to get him and i like that.

WHY does everyone need new content day one anyway?

I agree frames don't need to be unlockable on day one, however every major patch should come with something which can be accessed immediately.

It's a bit of a let-down getting hyped for an upcoming patch, waiting weeks for it, downloading a 500 MB update, and then realizing there is almost nothing new to do on patch day without A) Grinding for some random parts, or B) Paying 800p for the frame bundle-pack. This becomes a bit harder to bear if you aren't super interested in the new frame / weapons. You may end up wondering: "So what makes today different than yesterday?"

I remember grinding for Warframe parts during the Mirage and Limbo updates. I did Mirage's mini-quests and the Limbo grind / mini-quest within an hour or whatever... then I was forced to play the waiting game - both of them were time-walled, and needed to build each piece one at a time. 

It's just a bit jarring - to start working on the new quest content, and then realize you are given only a bite-size chunk of lore or new gameplay before being asked to "wait till tomorrow" to be able to do another bite-size chunk, and then the next day, and so on... I ended up logging off while their pieces were building, as there simply wasn't anything new for me to do. The Kubrow were stuck behind a huge grind wall on regular Earth missions - a planet I'd seen enough of during the Oberon / Zephyr updates, so I didn't even bother trying.

I know DE is working on revamping their quest system so they can create them much faster/easier, so that should help a lot. I think, if I could, I'd want to ask: "What new content will this patch introduce out-of-the-box? Will there be enough of that content to keep different types of players interested and active during the day the patch is released?" New players aren't able to experience much of the new 'boss fights' that the veterans can. Some players simply are not interested in the new frame [size=3](I, for one, never bothered to get Mesa, as she simply isn't my style)[/size] - what other content will be available for those players?

Ideally, within all the new content, there will be 'something for everyone'. It shouldn't all be focused on one type of player, nor should all the 'good stuff' be locked behind too many 'walls'. A bone should be thrown to as many types of players as possible - something to keep them all interested for a little while, without crashing into a "wait 12 hours" time wall, or "play a mission you've played 1,000 times 50 more times," for some type of 'key'.

Anyway, here's hoping this patch will solve many of the issues. I don't think it's an easy problem with any fix-all solution.