The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The U16 Anticipation Megathread

DonGheddo

So Megan kinda confirmed us that Update 16 is for this week, probably today, maybe tomorrow, or most likely this Friday, are you hype Tenno?? :3

I personally doubt it will be today. In fact, if they expected it to drop today, I expect they would have likely kept Prime Time tomorrow in order to show off the new gameplay. Indeed, the announcement suggests that they expect to be working hard on U16 tomorrow.

Wishfully thinking: maybe they are cancelling the Prime Time because they know that they will need "all hands on deck" in order to address the plethora of issues (and concomitant hotfixes) that occur with each major update...

But as it stands, I would put my money on U16 dropping after tomorrow. Best case scenario it drops tomorrow and the reason for the cancellation of both streams is in order to deal with general developer fatigue, the inability (because super busy) to prepare anything for either stream, and to not divert developer attention away from addressing hotfixes.

At least, that is how I see it.  

I don't believe it will be this week, honestly. "All hands on deck this week" is simply implying that they're putting their full attention to fixing it up, catching and squashing bugs, and just sprucing and spit-shining it up for release. Doesn't necessarily imply it IS this week. Sorry for crushing hopes, but I'm just looking at it realistically.

From said realistic point of view, I believe it will come out shortly with Volt Prime's release, which will not be until about next week.

I don't believe it will be this week, honestly. "All hands on deck this week" is simply implying that they're putting their full attention to fixing it up, catching and squashing bugs, and just sprucing and spit-shining it up for release. Doesn't necessarily imply it IS this week. Sorry for crushing hopes, but I'm just looking at it realistically.

From said realistic point of view, I believe it will come out shortly with Volt Prime's release, which will not be until about next week.

I recall DE saying something very similar to this regarding U14 and the update came soon after, even if it was around 5 in the morning for them. There honestly is no way to know when it's coming until DE comes out and says it themselves, really.

Edited by NICKTHECHAMP11

Nope... There are still 2 major things missing on the hype site:

PVP2.0 and chroma. at least 2 more days.

I'm okay with friday night....

I need to work tommorrow and on friday.

But the bugs we would have to deal with if it was on a friday night. D:

With a recent thread by megan stating that there are no streams this week because they're working on the update. It's probs next week.

Sounds like a weird assumption to make just because they're not streaming. It instead just makes it sound like the update hits tomorrow or Friday.

Sounds like a weird assumption to make just because they're not streaming. It instead just makes it sound like the update hits tomorrow or Friday.

Actually if you think about it it does make sense, they cancelled both streams for the week because they planned to be busy working during both those periods. A.K.A - the plan to still be hard at work friday around the time the dev stream should be released

So we might be getting it next week, or even really late night friday