Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Who's Seen The U16 Hype Site? [Megathread]

NovusNova

I BEGGED for this request a long time ago.  And DE actually told me to chill...soon Ishki...soon.

Did they finally commit to my (ours) request?  I think I was the ONLY one who asked honestly 

My topic is so old I couldn't resurrect it.  But maybe one of the Members from DE remembers because he replied to my topic.

Edit:  It doesn't look exactly the same but looks like it favors the original proto-type...I still LOVE the prototype..but if it looks similar I'm down

qZ968tB.png

q5l6qKa.jpg

Edited by Ishki88

So, normally the teaser sites give us lists of new features, and occasionally have a weapon included to space it out.

However, the current one has THREE weapons(based on the outline of tomorrow's reveal), and one "this was designed to punish people for not using rhino" enemy.

Was kind of expecting lots of new features, particularly since this has been a legendarily long wait.

Instead, by the teaser site, this is looking more like update 15.17 than update 16.

Do you think they're holding out on us for some reason, or that the marketing department just wasn't confident about what would make the release, or are we really getting something as spartan as the teaser site suggests?

Manic was made to punish people who are stationary.

And i like how there is lack of hype created by DE in this update. Everything feels relaxed and easy going, no manchildren screaming and wetting their pants because of few shiny pixels.

What is happening is that DE wont show us too much, so we can discover new additions once update goes live.

However, the current one has THREE weapons(based on the outline of tomorrow's reveal), and one "this was designed to punish people for not using rhino" enemy.

Pretty sure it will be a cheap KO no matter the frame you are using. They love energy neutralizing units now.

And i like how there is lack of hype created by DE in this update. Everything feels relaxed and easy going, no manchildren screaming and wetting their pants because of few shiny pixels.

What is happening is that DE wont show us too much, so we can discover new additions once update goes live.

Hype is the #1 killer of updates. Im so glad they're just hyping small parts.

So, normally the teaser sites give us lists of new features, and occasionally have a weapon included to space it out.

Was kind of expecting lots of new features, particularly since this has been a legendarily long wait.

Instead, by the teaser site, this is looking more like update 15.17 than update 16.

Do you think they're holding out on us for some reason, or that the marketing department just wasn't confident about what would make the release, or are we really getting something as spartan as the teaser site suggests?

They weren't able to make a deadline, most likely, with other features, so they decided not to include them in U16. I don't think they're holding out with information. I think the update is more spartan than the community initially believed. I mean, many expected to see Sentients in this update, as well as the new tileset. Neither of those are coming with this update. I don't think this update is as big as it was initially going to be, and we'll probably end up waiting until U17 to see the other hyped stuff.

All I can say is that I am so glad that I didn't get hyped for this update (as I really wasn't looking forward to much in it, anyway).

Edited by AntoineFlemming

Agreed.

Pretty sure it will be a cheap KO no matter the frame you are using. They love energy neutralizing units now.

No, unless they radically altered the design, all it does is KD you and then use attacks on you while you're down. Ergo, having iron skin up(thus being unable to be knocked down) negates what threat it poses.

You just said what I was afraid to say.

I kinda expected more - ofc, I should not expect anything as a non paying player... but..

Well... who knows... with that lack of hype, maybe they manage to surprise me.

with half of players disappointed on Chroma, Vay Hek is the raid boss if he is, add the so-much-for-upgrade Panthera (regarding on the chainsaws), U16 hype died a bit.

but that's just me.

No, unless they radically altered the design, all it does is KD you and then use attacks on you while you're down. Ergo, having iron skin up(thus being unable to be knocked down) negates what threat it poses.

Or simply moving around as you are intended to do, will save your &#!.

with half of players disappointed on Chroma, Vay Hek is the raid boss if he is, add the so-much-for-upgrade Panthera (regarding on the chainsaws), U16 hype died a bit.

but that's just me.

Look, as long as we have Simaris and his tasty tasty lore hunts I will continue to moisten the screen with my wallet.

Just a note, from what I've dug up... the "third weapon" is not a new entry in the weapon list, so to speak.

Oh geeze. You're right. Didn't even realize it, but yes, as a member of the DC, I'm 99% certain I know what that is, and if it is, it isn't new. =/

Or simply moving around as you are intended to do, will save your !.

How? It's something that's supposed to leap at people from behind. You can't move once downed. You do grasp this concept, yes?

but that's just me.

No, not just you.

The only thing I am - not really looking forward to, but curious about - is the Pvp2.0.

I generally would welcome pvp... but without dedicated servers this whole pvp 2.0 thing might as well be horrible.

Oh geeze. You're right. Didn't even realize it, but yes, as a member of the DC, I'm 99% certain I know what that is, and if it is, it isn't new. =/

How? It's something that's supposed to leap at people from behind. You can't move once downed. You do grasp this concept, yes?

You will still see them and move from their range. It is not as AI is supersmart and can outmaneuver you with their excellent movement and situation adaptability.

Look, as long as we have Simaris and his tasty tasty lore hunts I will continue to moisten the screen with my wallet.

..... do I even want to know where in your person you keep that wallet for it to be moist of all things?

I still can't see any real excitement for a reskin, its just the old weapon from before, its nothing new, Well guess will have to wait for the next Reveal to maybe Chorma, New Glavie, PvP, Riot Moa or the other weapons that are missing  

Edited by LegionCynex