The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Favens Doodlebox. Wisp/Baruuk /Polearm Lance done.

fredaven

why are people obsesed with hoods?, I would think they are not design appropiate for a lot of frames, as they usually are meant to hide ones identity, they carry a stealth element not fit for example for Excalibur and his knightly theme as a forthright fighter, and conceptually weird (using a hood over a metal helmet)

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Pavelord said:

why are people obsesed with hoods?, I would think they are not design appropiate for a lot of frames, as they usually are meant to hide ones identity, they carry a stealth element not fit for example for Excalibur and his knightly theme as a forthright fighter, and conceptually weird (using a hood over a metal helmet)

Because if we are ninjas and not terminators then we need to look more like ninjas....And Excalibur is a swordsman,he is more ninja then you realize...if not then do I need to show you how umbra looks like? 😏 Or if you imagine him a's the knights/templar then they did have hoods also. https://images.app.goo.gl/EUFMGFeEd2cfCe3B6 And if some 3D artist create hood helmet then its all good but if some ranodm player make normal suggestion for the same thing then its bad... We all deserve what we like and not just to have 1 pattern,after all this is just a game and tennogen is just right thing for that.

Edited by Vlada91

Personally, I think Frost would be the best choice for a hood, gives him a dark aura and good aesthetic his helmet desperately needs and also fits with this icy cold dark bruiser vibe for the graxx skin. Excal however........ Idk Vlada, don't get me wrong, I appreciate what you're trying to say and where your coming from but I personally have no qualms with Excal Graxx's current helmet, it's different enough to distinguish it from the original but still familiar and doesn't deviate too far from the base appearance to make it unrecognisable as Excal. That's what I think Faven tries to aim for with his designs, different yet similar.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

yes and no, you can´t justifiy it with a artistic interpretation of a modern video game, on the other hand that is a "coif" a interlink chain hood meant to protect the head that goes above a wool cap and under the helmet of a medieval soldier.  I cannot in good conscious tell you that your opinion is wrong, but i worry that the hood has become a common vector for requests specially in faven´s tread, it is a path that narrows the artistic expresion and also goes against DE idea of frames having distinguishable profiles, as those identify and give the iconic looks to each frame, cheers.

Edited by Pavelord
  • Like 1

Speaking of Frost, and me being Frost fan and main, Dont really think a hood would work on frost, but i definitely would like to see something along the lines of Yatus ION frost helmet. Cant wait to see the concept for that Graxx Frost Helmet. Question @fredaven Will Frost also get a new Graxx skin, and not just helmet, just like you did with Nova?

16 hours ago, TheBestNapkin said:

Speaking of Frost, and me being Frost fan and main, Dont really think a hood would work on frost, but i definitely would like to see something along the lines of Yatus ION frost helmet. Cant wait to see the concept for that Graxx Frost Helmet. Question @fredaven Will Frost also get a new Graxx skin, and not just helmet, just like you did with Nova?

i whose thinking the same long ago so i whose creating this:

Spoiler

TSiNbTn.jpg?1

cUYDMhI.png

this is old but maybe good idea for just same example:

Spoiler

wD2mhEL.jpg

TYCe0Vv.jpg

and here some frost prime version that i create and its better from old and i think he deserve change....

Spoiler

0C8kTq7.jpg

Le 26/09/2019 à 10:55, Vlada91 a dit :

Because if we are ninjas and not terminators then we need to -

Sir ! My apologies for interrupting you but we are not ninjas anymore for a very long time ago, we are nuking machines showing off everywhere they can, wiping all life in city-sized zones while drinking a coffee. Come on.

On 2019-09-26 at 11:55 AM, Vlada91 said:

Because if we are ninjas and not terminators then we need to look more like ninjas....And Excalibur is a swordsman,he is more ninja then you realize...if not then do I need to show you how umbra looks like? 😏 Or if you imagine him a's the knights/templar then they did have hoods also. https://images.app.goo.gl/EUFMGFeEd2cfCe3B6 And if some 3D artist create hood helmet then its all good but if some ranodm player make normal suggestion for the same thing then its bad... We all deserve what we like and not just to have 1 pattern,after all this is just a game and tennogen is just right thing for that.

On 2019-09-26 at 10:04 PM, Pavelord said:

yes and no, you can´t justifiy it with a artistic interpretation of a modern video game, on the other hand that is a "coif" a interlink chain hood meant to protect the head that goes above a wool cap and under the helmet of a medieval soldier.  I cannot in good conscious tell you that your opinion is wrong, but i worry that the hood has become a common vector for requests specially in faven´s tread, it is a path that narrows the artistic expresion and also goes against DE idea of frames having distinguishable profiles, as those identify and give the iconic looks to each frame, cheers.

Just to interject, you probably have resolved this already but real ninja's didn't often actually look like the ones we see in movies. Sometimes they did wear clothing similar to the Hollywood tropes, sometimes they were difficult to distinguish from a Samurai, another warrior or citizen. So then Warframe's imagination of a ninja isn't inaccurate and therefore there isn't a ninja look and non-ninja look beyond personal imagination. But as Pavelord noted, it isn't wrong to wish hoods on characters per say, however I do agree with Pavelord here that artistic expression and characterization are key to successful art and while all art imitates life and each other, it is good to examine when an element does bring value to the art and when it might not. I make no commentary on what fits any particular Warframe, that I leave to everyone's own imagination.

What graxx we/i need: Ash,Wukong,Gauss,Hildryn,Ivara, Loki, Nidus, Oberon and Revenant...the thing is who first and who we need more... And yea alt frost graxx 😏😬👌😁🍻 9 frames in 1 year or maybe faster? 😏 or if not then maybe half or,like for example only Ash,Wukong and alt Frost and 1 more chest armor please 😁 it looks good 1 that we have now but it not works good with some female deluxe .....so there is that

Edited by Vlada91

3 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

What graxx we/i need: Ash,Wukong,Gauss,Hildryn,Ivara, Loki, Nidus, Oberon and Revenant...the thing is who first and who we need more... And yea alt frost graxx 😏😬👌😁🍻 9 frames in 1 year or maybe faster? 😏 or if not then maybe half or,like for example only Ash,Wukong and alt Frost and 1 more chest armor please 😁 it looks good 1 that we have now but it not works good with some female deluxe .....so there is that

I'm not a fan of Graxx series (personal opinion), BUT I'm very interested artistically in seeing Graxx Hildryn and Graxx Nidus. I wonder how Faven will pull off a Grineer look on such techy-looking and infested looking frames.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LogaMC1995 said:

I'm not a fan of Graxx series (personal opinion), BUT I'm very interested artistically in seeing Graxx Hildryn and Graxx Nidus. I wonder how Faven will pull off a Grineer look on such techy-looking and infested looking frames.

We seen something similar in tennogen skin list for nidus blade of the lotus skin that is in armour metalic body style...so I think nidus can look weary amazing in his style... I dont like greener but I like grax style for realistic look that is more like some outfits then some random pattern of colors like the rest of the tennogens.Hitsusan is also in that outfit style but in vanila direction. Nidus things that comes out from his body parts they can bee in some cables graxx style and not infested looking and the rest of the body just cover in armour and metallic. After all its a tennogen it needs to change original version from the better not for the worst. 

Edited by Vlada91

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Faven's skins are the only things I've ever bought in any game, skin wise. Absolutely fantastic. Really love the Harrow Graxx skin, and hopefully we will see a Loki Graxx skin soon! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-09-29 at 1:59 PM, Stonehenge said:

Sir ! My apologies for interrupting you but we are not ninjas anymore for a very long time ago, we are nuking machines showing off everywhere they can, wiping all life in city-sized zones while drinking a coffee. Come on.

Hush, you.  My doge 🐕 is turning me “ the invisible” so I can Stealthily NUKE THIS GRINEER WARSHIP.