February 12Th Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

Community Hot Topics  

3,641 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Draco: I think there just needs to be an overall address to xp gain. Removal of Draco would just end up with players moving to the next best intercept mission. I already just run high level spy missions if I don't want to deal with Draco. 

Crowd Control: So one of the things that brought me to enjoy warframe when I first started was that fact that there was powers/abilities because I would generally stray away from shooter games and list on over towards rpgs. After playing for sometime now I know that there is little room for a warframe that is a damage orientated mage/caster type; damage abilities just don't scale well with the game. This leaves any form of ability heavy frame to spam cc or the small pool of support. Maybe making damage abilities scale (percentage damage scaling from more abilities) or making support options more alluring to players rather than lockdown will hopfully diversify playstyle (something like large armor/damage resistance buffs so that players can move through higher level content without being 2 shot. Think easier to pull-off blessing trin).       

Mandatory Mods: The only mandatory mods I have are power efficiency. Streamline and FE go on nearly all of my builds, but I think energy regen on frames would solve this issue. I was hoping zenurik tree would some the efficiency problems but it just got me hooked on energy regen.  

Dual Primaries: If there are dual primaries I'd prefer that there be no weapons like "dual soma" and "dual amprex". New, quarky, original weapons would be favorable.

Draco: the problem is not Draco itself. The problem is how low rewarding are the majority of the missions. So if something has to be changed, it's not only that particular mission, but the whole system. Sure is that Draco is a bit exaggerated as a leveling "tool"

CC: in high level, because of the scaling, only CC and utility (but even this at a certain point is less effective) allow to go on. For example in the Law of Retribution the mission consists in Nova casting Molecular Prime, Mirage spamming Prism to blind and Vauban casting Bastille. If you don't apply CC constantly, if you have damage frames, the mission is quite impossible. It's probably the most boring mission in the entire game because of this, since all you do is running among frozen/levitating/blinded/slowed enemies doing your things.

Probably what the game needs is other means of increasing difficulty, instead of buffing enemy EHP and damage, so to allow to every gamestyle to be effective. In many tactical alert you did it right, and even sortie are in the right direction, in which often is the environment your enemy.

Draco

Personally, I find Draco Leveling to be soul-crushingly boring.  However, I don't think running a Draco meta to quickly gain affinity is the problem; rather, it's a natural consequence of what I consider to be the true problems: the item mastering process and forma.  Specifically, the fact that every time you forma something you have to go through the tedious process of taking it from rank 0 to 30.

In my opinion, taking an item from rank 0 to 30 has little bearing on whether a player has "mastered" that item.  All one has to do is kill a bunch of stuff, or be around others that kill a bunch of stuff.  The notable exception to this monotony is gaining affinity by doing spy missions (generally done solo or with a trusted group), but again that doesn't mean the player is gaining an understanding of the mechanics of the item being leveled.

Don't get me wrong, there are tons of weapons that have nothing more to them than point-shoot-kill, and so killing a bunch of stuff with that weapon is certainly good enough to say that you've mastered it.  But when you add in the fact that you have to repeat the process every time you want to improve the weapon through forma, I think the process quickly goes from enriching-player-experience to obnoxious-nuisance.

Look, I could go on and on about this, so I'll try to sum up my thoughts on this.  I wouldn't advocate the use of a Draco Leveling meta to initially master an item, especially for new players.  However, Draco and other stuff like it, offer a respite (unpalatable as it is) from the painful process of repeatedly remastering an item.  Personally, I don't see how ~10-20 minutes in Draco is so offensive compared to ~30-60 minutes in spy missions (time estimates may vary xD).  I would advocate a more meaningful and rewarding mastery process for each item in the game; which probably means tailoring how ranks are achieved for each class of weapon, and each individual warframe.  Also, I don't see why adding a forma to something should force you to restart the leveling process.  I don't see the fun in that.

Dual Primaries

Yeah, why not... so long as it doesn't devolve into a gratuitous "Ak" version for every weapon.  Keep them varied/interesting and sure, they could be fun.

CC

Nah, I don't think CC is overused or overpowered.  I find it fun, and it adds a way to contribute to the team without just blowing stuff up.

Mandatory Warfame Mods

I don't think this is a major issue.  Sure, there are mods that go on almost all of my warframes (Vitality, Streamline, etc.), but they don't necessarily go on all configs; and while they take up a slot, I don't think they prevent build variation.  It would have been nice if the exilus slot accepted warframe augments and Natural Talent though, I think that would have helped increase build variation.

We could have special slot on frames that unlock only when the frame reach LvL30

LVL30 would imply Maximum Transference eficiency

thoose slot would be tied with the Operator

They would have unlimited capacity point but require Focus point to be unlocked

Mods likes:

Rage  - Quick thinking - redirection - Vitality

Maybe Two Slots would be enough for that Forcing the player to still make some choices

Edited by Tsoe

There will always be other "Draco", even if DE destroys it or changes xp gain mechanics some other node will become the best place to farm XP.

As long as I can craft a weapon, equip it and max level with passive xp gain without using it once - players will use some most efficient missions to do that.

Some weapons are HORRIBLE. Boring, poorly designed junk which is not fun to use even once, we only max it for mastery points and sometimes leave in inventory hoping for future buffs or if weapon is unique event reward impossible to re-craft on the fly.

Kill passive xp gain and force players to use all the awful junk they can ignore thanks to Draco and voila - you have a new level of feedback on how poorly designed and underpowered half of inventory is.

Draco lets us ignore other problems, passive xp gain lets us make tedious chores less time consuming.

Why this truth is so rare to be told? Because DE staff is likely to answer with something like: "Hey, you don't have to level everything" which is soft way of saying - "don't play this game if you don't like it". This kind of passive-aggressive problem avoiding things we hear from Steve all the time.

Dear DE, stop failing to recognize real issues and stop asking for specific feedback about Viver Draco. Misdiagnosed problems lead to bizarre solutions like sniper multiplier or melee channeling. 

Draco:

There's got to be a way to max out equipment quickly, because using underleveled gear isn't fun, neither is putting N+1 forma into it to fit all necessary mods and then maybe have some space to play around with what's left.

There has to be a way to get affinity in a quick yet fun ways, rewarding players' skill and style shouldn't be limited to single per-mission challenge, slide, glide or headshot kills should always be rewarded with an affinity boost.

Other than that, proper weapon tiering and progression needs to be a thing, it won't help older players as much as it would help newbies, but most weapons added are rarely fun or don't add nothing new to the table, filling already oversaturated niche.

About Draco, I never use it except there is an alert/syndicatemission/Sortie. I don´t think Draco itself is the problem, you want to use it? Go use it. The problem is the community, not the node. The only thing that bothers me about Draco is the same that bothers me about almost every other interception node. They are using the defense tile. Make unique tiles for every missiontype.

Dual primaries could be fun, but you already missed the chance to introduce them with the twin Grakata.

CC is a big problem of the game but that´s just the case because of the ridiculous enemy scaling. I think you should balance all weapons/frames around the Sortie level, but on the other hand another problem again is the community, most people just wants to "play" the easiest way. 

Nevertheless this game needs some heavy adjustments balance wise.

I really don´t think there are mandatory mods for warframes.

Edited by Kuestenjung

I think the crowd control questions havent been worded right...I think crow control is required or almost mandatory in high level missions thus taking away any sort of fun because it's either you CC them or you die instantly. there are no chances when a big crowd comes at you at t4 survival and they are all lvl 90. you find a way to CC them or you are dead. no matter how well you can dodge we do not have invulnerability-frames dodges

Edited by Domaik

I don't see why Draco needs to change. I play it in a random queue and as a normal map. I take a frame I feel like having fun with, and queue up to run and gun. It's reasonably challenging, but not to the point of annoyance like Radiation sorties. I know most people go with Twin Excal + EV Trin + Buffer to FARM HARD, but it's their business. If they don't burn themselves out on that, well, why make them stop?

The real culprit here, if this is even a problem, is that massive amounts of affinity are required in this game. With addition of Exilus, frames went from requiring 2-3 polarities to requiring 5-6. Primaries and secondaries always required 5-6 and melees need 2-3, and possibly 4 if more mods like primed reach are introduced. Plus there's focus, and I imagine that's what people farm in Draco these days.

Plus there's an issue of some frames getting huge amounts of focus compared to others. Ash is probably the biggest offender here, since he literally steals kills, because his ulty makes mobs invulnerable to others while he's killing them. But this is a different story.

Bottom line is: either make maxing frames and weapons require considerably less affinity, or add more ways to acquire affinity comparable to Draco. if you just keep chain-nerfing all high affinity nodes, you'll just succeed in making the game a chore, which, I imagine, is not your intention. The idea of power-leveling is, after all, to get strong frames and weapons to be able to play with them and have fun. I can't imagine more people enjoying leveling stuff than playing with already maximized stuff.

Dual Primaries would be a bit of a jump the shark moment for game's visual style imo. With some weapons those might be okay, but with most weapons probably not.

Regarding CC, it's funny you should even ask questions about it, because you have already designed most challenging content in the game with CC in mind. Now if you add diminishing returns to CC without overhauling enemy scaling, what would that accomplish, exactly? Well, aside from making the challenging content even more annoying.

I can think of exactly one instance (aside from Ash mentioned above, which isn't even CC) when using a CC ability is annoying. That's a perma-soundquake Banshee. It's an insult to me that people would use my beloved Banshee for standing in place and doing nothing instead of the Augmented Sonic Boom to turn lvl 100 Bombards into maidens with napkin armor, or Savage Silence + Covert Lethality to elegantly pick them off, despite their bullet-sponginess, or especially Resonance Sonar that reveals enemies both visually and radar-wise, as well as boosting team, damage by 6-8 times overall. Some people just don't like to actually play the game I guess, but that doesn't warrant nerfs to entire mechanics. Maybe some abilities can be tweaked, but that's it.

I don't get it, DE. Your mindset seems to be that people shouldn't find shortcuts in Warframe. Why? Is chore and grind an intended mechanic that has to be a part of the game? I talk from a standpoint of a big plat spender, I buy frames and mods that I can't bother to farm, because I want to get new things and play with them, I don't want to spend most of my game time on acquiring things. That's boring. And if even for me the grind is boring, then imagine what F2P players have to go through.

Over the years I've had big problems trying to bring people in to play with me. And I had zero success making them stay. They all quit citing brutal grind, and you seem to be in a mindset of nerfing anything that players use to ease the grind. Please DE, stop it. Make the game more interesting by adding options, not taking away options that we discover ourselves to address problems that should have been resolved on your side in the first place.

Oh, and Nullifiers are still not okay. They will never be okay, no matter how used to them we become. They are a big walking manifestation of this utterly wrong drive to take our options away.

Oh, and mandatory mods. I don't think there are any mandatory warframe mods for me. Vitality is used in most of my builds, but not all. The rest get swapped around a lot, between different builds, so no complaints here. I'd just love Serration, Hornet Strike and Pressure Point to get integrated, the rest of the system is okay.

Draco is just a way to level up a bulk amount of items in one go instead of taking sometimes 3 to four days to level up an item through normal play, Sechura on Pluto, then Triton and now the big bow Draco, there needs to be a way to level up weapons fast without boosters for higher level players. I know from experience Draco becomes less important as you go into the higher MR because you only need to then level 1 to 2 things at a time so i usually don't do Draco, Draco for at least is used to lvl up warframes because warframe leveling takes to long anywhere else. To fix the "Draco" or xp cave farm there needs to be a faster way to level up items through normal play with out boosters in warframe for those higher level players who simply don't want to take 3 hours to a week to level up a weapon/s or warframe

Now I'm a bit afraid right now. Maybe it's just me but this is phrased like "You think Draco is too efficient? Let's remove it, have fun lvling your stuff over hours and days then." Don't get me wrong, I just recently started running Draco from time to time, I did actually forget how efficient this could be (compared to running other stuff). Draco itself is not the problem, the lvling mechanics and affinity gain in the rest of the game should be looked at.

Same thing for CC abilities. I feel like this is phrased like "We're going to nerf it/give it diminishing returns without making anything else make up for it." If that's the way this is looked at we're definitely going to run into a huge community sh-tstorm. Simply nerfing things without actually improving anything else is an example of very poor decision making.

I know this sounded pretty negative, maybe we just didn't get enough explanation on how they might change things but these are just my first thoughts.

TL;DR : PLZ more mission variety for xp farm and more balance for CC abilities

Do you use Draco to acquire affinity?

Do you think Draco is a problem and needs to be changed?

Does it worry you that Draco is a Community Hot Topic?

As a MR21 player, I level weapons by playing the missions I want to play. The weapon always ends up at max level before an other weapon is released. But for newer players, Draco is a way too convenient way of leveling your gear. There is the issue of players trying to reach mr21 asap which is their problem. I think that draco being a better choice for xp farming that anything else is bad for the game. I don't think that draco giving such high amounts of xp is a problem, whereas the lack of mission variety is.

Do you think Crowd Control is required too often?

Do you think Crowd Control spoils the fun in some missions?

The LoR raid issue : you need to charge a battery with 500+ energy -> you use a EV trin to make this not a pain (try to drop 20+ energy orbs per battery lol) -> you need targets for EV -> you don't kill the ennemies -> they remain as threats -> you perma CC them

in a JV raid run, players will just slaughter anything, without backfire

The issue here is the effectiveness of single CC abilities :

- Molecular Prime makes ennemies 4xslower with only +45%STR, no range requirement (easy to build),  with up to ~80m range (nuts)

- Prism desables ennemies in a 50m radius (not even LoS) and makes them weak to steath attacks, no need of STR (easy to build)

Over Powered

I think the games needs more variety in ennemy debuffs and more balance of the stronger frames (the 2 above abilities are wayy to powerful and offers damage bonuses on top of their god-tier CC).

CC doesn't spoils the fun, it creates an opportunity for a DPS window.

OP CC spoils the fun, every ennemy becomes an innanimate bullet sponge and removes all forms of player skills requirement.

A strong CC should be very short, a weaker CC can be longer / cost less energy.

PLZ balance

btw OP player buffs falls into the same category

Do you think some warframe Mods are practically mandatory?

I use Primed continuity in most of my warframes builds, but NO other mod feels mendatory. Making a build for a warframe always involves personal preference and testing, making it very fun with ton of variety.

Edit : focus changes

4x less focus gain, shared affinity counts and 45sec 6x focus boost

for a solo player the boost needs to be active 60% of the time for THE SAME gain as before, but it isn't >.< 

Edited by vazerd68

Peoples are contradictory sometimes , lot guys want nerf draco , because isnt fun their , well , dont play in Draco , this kind a xp farm never will be the end , players always will find way, i dont consider this a problem , this game s co op , find best ways to complete missions , maps, frames, weapons, is team strategy and this kind of interaction need be a focus, if Warframe s supposed be a ordinary  kill score competition game, put a end in all missions and leave on only extermination .

Same time, lot guys voting about "lost fun" want dual primaries, to kill em all, only kill score again, but this same guys dont want skill chars too, because "lost fun" , only their need have fun , nothing else matters.

I dont extract my fun from kills, but from good cooperation and successful mission , i suggest remove kill score from the game , this can resolve lots problems. This game give us extreme freedom , use them well. 

My opinions Draco comes very handy for veterans to power leveling warframes + weapons, but it is also a bad for new players just to join their mates to leech & get affinity on this node.

I level Warframes, primary, secondarys on draco. But melee only on stealth kill runs.

Poor game mechanics are force players to spoil the system.

It also result to abandoneed game modes like survival & modef & Def game modes in the starcharts.

I could remember when there was no Interception in the game ppl have to do  long travel on the starchart to have max lv on the weapons

like Cyath earlyer modef, Xini, Kiste to have max equipment.

Now if you try to do Def, Modef and Surv now it is just emty & not worth to do by missing players to have bigger spawn rate what require to kill for leveling equipments.

Also endless missions are fast ending because ppl want to join to unlock node & they are not intended to playing long. 

Reward should also considered to this dilema where on Draco wave 3 can give u 5 R5 cores & wave 4 endless run void keys on Draco is also a source for Orokin cells.

Where Modef & Def missons now just give useless rewards beside resources

Some times i think, the only thing what ppl know about Warframe is just Draco, Triton & the Void and every other things are none existent for them.

So best solution would be giving better rewards on those abandoned nodes like on Modef with each completed station with a reward pools of keys & Cores the same with Def missions. Maybe add some domestic Resourses pack & Rare Resource packs to replace those underwelming credit caches on Survival missions.

I despair at this community sometimes, Warframe mods mandatory? 75% say yes?

Am I reading this different to the rest of you?

I run some frames without shields, health, range, Power, duration, speed, and yes many without flow.

Yes I even run some without efficiency.

There is no Warframe mod that is mandatory in the same way that Serration, etc is mandatory.

Those who voted yes, are you really saying there is a mod you stick on every frame no matter what?

Maybe you all misunderstand MANDATORY.

Edited by Egg_Chen

Draco

Dealing with Draco would, yet again, be about dealing with a symptom, rather than the disease. That disease has many names, mainly: Affinity gain, forma relevelling mechanic, focus gain.

Add alternative ways to gain these 3 things RELIABLY and quickly, just like on Draco.

Do I consider it an "exploit"? Not at all. Why would it be? You can gain a lot of affinity and such in other missions too, but Draco is just popular due to namespreading popularity and its easy access.

Don't deal with Draco, deal with affinity/focus/forma.

Dual Primaries

I'm not really sure here, I said that it depends on the weapon, but the more I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards the "no" side of things, considering how badly and inconsistently you handle single versus dual versions. Also, there aren't many primary weapons that fit being dualwielded.

We got Dual Grakata, mainly as a joke/homage weapon, which is already stretching dualwieldability.

And its balance/consistency? It is a primary, but slotted as secondary. It has ZERO recoil while the single primary has insane recoil. Dual Grakatas has tons more ammo than other similar secondary fully automatic weapons.

I'm gonna revote and say no. There aren't enough plausible primaries to be dualwielded, nor would they become well balanced.

Heavy weapons, on the other hand (as mentioned in the thread), that'd be cool. Archguns on the ground anyone?

Crowd Control

Our CC is generally a tad strong (at least on some frames), but guess why those powers get used so much? Because our enemies scale too well. So to deal with enemies, we have to cheese on certain occasions.

I personally find it more fun with short/medium-long CC and actually directly dealing with the enemy, than to CC for an eternity and passively waiting out the enemies (like on Interception / Mobile Defence)

But, once again, we CC so much because of enemy scaling and our broken energy. You DESIGNED it this way.

It's similar to when talking about healing. If it isn't instahealing across the map (like Trin's Blessing), then the healing is mostly considered useless  (Note: This is also one of the reasons why many people think Oberon sucks, even though he really doesn't.)

The numbers we do are simply too great, everything is so "spikey".  You either kill enemies instantly, CC them forever, become  invulnerable (or next to invulnerable) or heal all damage taken instantly ... or you simply die. There is no middleground on higher levels. And it is really, really boring.

Tone down our damage, tone down our CC durations+ranges, tone down our durabilities, tone down our healing skills ... but ALSO tone down enemy scaling (both offensively and defensively).

Mandatory Mods

Generally, I'd say there are no true mandatory mods when modding Warframes.

However, for higher levels (where "mandatory" stuff gets more prevalent for obvious reasons), the only mods I feel are close to being mandatory are power efficiency mods. They are so insanely strong that I don't make ANY serious Warframe build without them. I've tried without, and it only (barely) works on a select few frames (tanky ones with Rage).

So while I don't think there is a whole bunch of actually mandatory mods, I DO feel that a lot of mods are not being used though (on Warframes and weapons alike). Mostly, because those options are so horrendously bad (Warm Coat anyone?)

Once again: Balance your stuff, including the Warframe mods.

Don't you see that you keep building stuff on a VERY rugged base? Balancing all numbers + promoting varied gameplay was always important priorities, but the longer time passes and the more you ignore these things, the worse these issues get and the more work you have ahead of you.

Fix the base and fix the game.

Edited by Azamagon

Draco Stuff:

Don't really have an opinion on it, tbh. Never used it, more than likely never will. Though I do think the leveling system needs some form of change.

Crowd Control:

In high level missions it's pretty much mandatory, i really hope the enemy scaling is being worked on.

Warframe Mandatory Mods:

Eh, I don't really have a problem with the mods on warframes at the moment, I'm more concerned about the mandatory mods for weapons.

Dual Primaries:

0zIvMJ0.gif

803wbrE.gif

X1DWrTV.gif

HFkuszM.gif

F0LJh3S.gif

9jGdCgj.gif

Draco:

It's a symptom, not a cause.

It's a symptom of an XP gain focused on killing (and post game bonuses for amount of enemies killed ) instead of COMPLETING OBJECTIVES.

You can run through a deception mission without killing a single enemy, and you get NOTHING for it.

Remove the post mission bonus for amount of enemies killed and you'll fix endless missions being so good.

Re-add that XP as rewards for completing objectives and missions themselves, regardless of enemies killed. Boom, now people are happy to run Exterminates etc for XP.

Dual Primaries:

Eeeh, i dunno. Dual Boltor already looks kinda silly, Dual Ogris would be completely bonkers.

Can't really come up with a suitable dual primary off the top of my head, so probably a no.

Crowd Control

When the way to make a mission "hard" is to give enemies stupidly high armor, and throw a zerg rush of them at the player, what else do you expect?

How about instead of bulletsponges that force you into using Corrosive Projection x4, you create enemies that aren't walking tanks, but instead can drop you really fast unless you use parkour (which IIRC has an effect on enemies' accuracy.)

Mandatory Mods:

For high level content you either equip vitality/redirection or you clench your butt and hope you don't get 1 shotted. You could argue it's not mandatory but if you're not Trinity or some other frame with tanky abilities, it is.

Efficiency mods are also pretty much a must have.

Then there's also the issue of energy and health restores that can be spammed to remove most of the challenge of the game.

All those things just escalate the balance issues.

--

I could go in more detail about all of those but I don't really feel like it.

I just hope this is enough to spark a discussion within the dev team, if it is even read by someone there.

Edited by Shifted

1) I haven't visited Draco in months, but with Focus changes it seems like i am pushed to Draco by design

2) As already was stated, Draco is a symptom of the problem - the problem being S#&amp;&#036; gains of affinity, S#&amp;&#036; focus gains without min-max full on efficiency methods, the need to relevel same weapon over and over and over again. (and other problem mentioned before)

3) Community tried to point out to DE repeatedly that the game itself has serious issues in terms of Grind. You can simply try to max out a daily affinity/focus cap by trying to run Caps, Exterminations, Md or even Survivals. Its too long, too slow, too repetitive, so people move to least amount of effort with maximum results. Its natural, there will always be a loot cave.

4)If weapons are unique or fun and don't suck &amp;#&#33; as a mastery fodder, sure, why not. Could be fun or interesting and add a bit more diversity. 

5) CC (or any kind of gimmick like invis, bless trin, invul chroma etc) is kind a requirement in end-game more or less, since there is NO counter play to dieing in 0,3 seconds against hit scan enemies and enemy scaling overall is not that great. 4 cp is a thing after all

6) CC is a part of the game, if u want to remove it from Sorties interceptions or similar stuff, we will just move on to next good thing, as simple as that.

7) Silly question, answer is obvious as well. 

1. Draco:

Once it was Xini, now it's Draco.

Players will always try to find the ideal XP farming spot and if it's not Draco anymore it will be another map.

Draco is not a disease that will go away via XP gain reduction or Warframe power nerfs.

The primary goal many players currently seem to have is to stay on top of the game (finding the ideal way to go through content) via the best equipment and for that they grind XP at Draco.

Not helping is that the mastery rank system and the weapon tiers currently encourages seeing most of the game's arsenal as trash you want to get rid off after leveling it to 30 (a shame looking at the effort put into creating these). For that Draco is ideal via shared XP gain. So you don't even have to use the weapons you don't wanna keep.

So the whole problem goes a bit deeper than just Draco.

2. Dual Primaries:

Well, i could see some NEW primaries being designed to be a weapon held in each hand. Like a flame thrower that is placed on the wrist Flamebat (Starcraft) style.

Especialy since gameplay wise dual guns just seem to be one weapon using a weapon model in each hand.

But i would firmly say "please no" to the idea of dual wielding most existing or full sized future primaries. I think that would just look ridiculous even for Warframe.

So a "yeah why not" to primaries which are compact enough to look reasonable enough to be dual wielded.

Also i would welcome Dual Grakatas being primaries, since their size just doesn't fit being secondaries.

Though Mini-Grakata secondaries could be an idea, since the model could easily become shortend for that.

3. Crowd Control Prevalence:

As long as enemies have infinite scaling and higher level content involves enemies being able to one or two shot players, CC abilities will be essential.

Edited by Othergrunty