The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fairy Frame Discussion [Megathread]

hs0003

On 5/4/2016 at 1:03 PM, DzeraDragonbane said:

He probably missed coptering or just can't move on and accept it.

lol yeah probs. I personally enjoyed coptering a lot, but the new parkour is so much nicer.

6 hours ago, Fullmeatalvapire said:

Only people who have watched the mlp episodes with her in it would know

actually, yeah that's true. So if someone saw that name and recognised it from the show, they would actually probably like it since they would be a brony. Otherwise, no one would know :P

But in all seriousness, I want a name that's unique and awe inspiring, not a name that 'suites' her lore like everyone saying she needs to be named Titania. Frames don't always have to follow a certain lore line or whatever. There might come a day where a new frame that comes along might much better suite that name, but a fairy frame that can shrink down to tiny sizes should be called someone to do with either the evil type of faerie or the good type. (also side note, if Titania is the queen of the fairies, I always thought she was like an overwatching person with great power compared to the fairies meaning, maybe, she was normal sized and properly shaped like a queen, this frame makes her look and seem like a normal old fairy that is a fairy drone or something.

Edited by Arniox

13 hours ago, Rhekemi said:

That you can't find it with a quick Google search isn't a negative, imo. Obscurity isn't the measure of a poor name, but sure, we could have chosen something more obvious so players would make a faster connection between her name and her role, abilities and mechanics. (Not being facetious. Names that make role, mechanics, clear aren't a bad idea in a video game.)

Ivara simply won the tough naming battle.

But somehow, I think players were just fine with Ivara in the end. :)

I actually think it's kind of cool all that comes up when you search is WF. Gives her a uniqueness that many other 'frames don't have.

Was this the update?

"Ivara is a name derived from the Old Norse word Ívarr, which means "the bow of the warrior". A well-known owner of this name is Ivar the Boneless, who was heralded as a deadly archer."

No wonder someone on reddit said Ivara was "loosely based on Ivar the Boneless". (Which, in fact, she is not.)

I believe all Drift mods drop on the "new" moon missions. All moon missions are on the Earth nodes.

yes, the name was derived from ivar, but wasn't based of ivar the boneless. that was just there as a well known person who has that name.

On Saturday, April 23, 2016 at 9:44 PM, Xianos_Chaos said:

Just watched the video on the new warframe we are getting, she is looking awesome, but I wonder what name they are gonna settle with?

I would hope it would be Titania, Queen of the Fairies.

What do you guys think? Any names you think would suit the new warframe?

I personally love the name Titania. And to go with it, spiders (or arachnis/arachnid) are there sworn enemys. DE this is a link i think you would love. This guy pitched a fan idea that I really think should come after U19 

this warframe would be a great addition to the new line up. It controls spiders just like how our fairy can control razor butterflies. The two can be really devastating together or alone. Hek (see what I did there lol) their lore could be conjoined together. This is none of my material and all credit belongs to the artist Krion112 and original video to the creator

Hey guys! Currently the Devs are picking from the Design Council's suggestions for the final name. 

You are all welcome to express your preferred name(s), but bashing other players or DE is not tolerated behavior. Please keep the discussion civil. Thanks! 

13 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey guys! Currently the Devs are picking from the Design Council's suggestions for the final name. 

You are all welcome to express your preferred name(s), but bashing other players or DE is not tolerated behavior. Please keep the discussion civil. Thanks! 

what are the design councils suggested names, if i may ask?

47 minutes ago, (PS4)AngelShur said:

Just Quoting a friend Tenno:

What else could it be?  For a faerie frame, Titania is the only real choice, as Queen of the Faeries.

NEVER!!!! Or more likely With a higher probability but definitely not for sure!

Plus their are also Mab, Oona and a couple other queens of the fairies!

9 hours ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

what are the design councils suggested names, if i may ask?

A lot (and I mean a lot) of great names, and a handful of funny ones suggested for fun. 

9 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Thanks for the heads up. Rebecca said (in the stream) you'd post it around Monday and we'll have 15-20 names. 

On 4/23/2016 at 4:15 AM, (PS4)watt4hem said:

Leethe (pr: lith)

Derived from Lethe Diana, a species of butterfly which likes to linger around corpses of human and animal in a group

Her theme, colour scheme, and the thin design just fits the name imo

This. Please this. Everyone wants Titania but imo it's bland and overused.

On Friday, May 13, 2016 at 4:17 AM, (XB1)NeOnMaKaRa said:

I personally love the name Titania. And to go with it, spiders (or arachnis/arachnid) are there sworn enemys. DE this is a link i think you would love. This guy pitched a fan idea that I really think should come after U19 

this warframe would be a great addition to the new line up. It controls spiders just like how our fairy can control razor butterflies. The two can be really devastating together or alone. Hek (see what I did there lol) their lore could be conjoined together. This is none of my material and all credit belongs to the artist Krion112 and original video to the creator

I love the idea I totally do but DE said they got a lot of work for U19 so if their a possibility of addition I would say earliest U20 at the least 

Who is this "Design Council", and why do they get to submit ideas for the name of this frame - and not the whole community? Who's to say this "Design Council" isn't leeching ideas from the rest of us and getting credit where it should NOT be due???

4 minutes ago, magusat999 said:

Who is this "Design Council", and why do they get to submit ideas for the name of this frame - and not the whole community? Who's to say this "Design Council" isn't leeching ideas from the rest of us and getting credit where it should NOT be due???

If i'm not mistaken they're the people who supported the game from the begining. As to why not take the whole comunity to vote, well it's too big of a sample room i suppose, it would need alot more work on their side to asses all those data, like a lot.

10 minutes ago, magusat999 said:

I can assure you no one gets credit. 
Ideas are picked, then voted on, then done. 

DC started as founders only, but then branched to hand picked tenno (i guess population got low? plus maybe in need of some fresh ideas)

There's nothing to get upset about at all, we're not evil baddies who go "IT WAS ME, IT WAS ALL ME" 

on topic to the thread though; 
I can't wait to get her. Curious on the idle animations now since they mentioned it in the devstream that itll be funny with other frames using it. 
I'm kind of picturing an animation where she shrinks and flies around, and I picture a mini Saryn or Nekros floating around

Edited by Vesiga