Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 18.13.2

[DE]Rebecca

7 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Hot

Trinity Changes & Fixes

• Blessing: Damage Resistance is no longer calculated based on an Average, but instead a flat value simply capped at 75% (which can be achieved via use of Strength mods). The squad UI now shows who is in range with the Tenno Affinity marker.

• Fixed Trinity’s Blessing dealing a possible infinite damage multiplier.

I'm sorry to echo the cries of a dead horse, but Trin needs to be re-readdressed (I'm so sorry!) 

A Blessing Trinity really needs that element of risk to be fun to play as. My simplest solution would be if there is a way to differentiate in the code between enemy damage and self damage, simply eliminate all prospect of "self damage" to in turn remove the cheese, and simply have the formula (average team health, average Trin health, average number of licks it takes to get the the center- ... It doesn't really matter, so long as it's a true, living formula.) execute upon the health lost among the team per enemy damage. Is that too hard? It might be really complicated, I've never associated with the tech-y fundamentals of game design but this will fix everything! I hope. Great job with everything else, thanks for the Foama!

Hhhhh.... so trinity is a bit better but still considering the current insane scaling of enemy's we are still gonna get filled with holes, plus we have to bunch up like fish in a barrel.

Well at least mag can't kill herself now, still not happy with the lack of scaling on her abilities.

Excal is still in kamikaze warframe state. Has to go in point blank to do serious dmg.

Volt still no option to add the speed effect, or so you can roll out of the speed like from limbo's ability, that would be far better then having to hunt for that damn floating spring.

Valkyr well what ever after all the other BS i could care less.

Edited by MentalDraco
Forgot something

39 minutes ago, Destrab said:

Is that too hard? It might be really complicated, I've never associated with the tech-y fundamentals of game design but this will fix everything! I hope. 

I like this idea (much as I really enjoyed easy god mode, especially the original version) - but implementing it 'fairly' can be very complicated, depending on your definition of 'fairly'.  The damage side of things is easy - it's balancing based on partial heals that gets complicated.

Nasty:  Keep track of both damage counts, and for healing remove then enemy damage first.  This would mean that you would have to get back to 100% health before the 'disadvantage' of self heal was removed.

Reasonable:  All healing is split 'evenly' (based on percentage outstanding) between self harm and enemy harm.  This would cause a gradual reduction in the disadvantage cause by self harm over time.

Nice:  Remove self-harm from the counters first, so that the blessing would be the highest 'possible' given the amount of self harm done.

There is already a counter for damage 'absorbed' within valkyr, so that counter could be reused for this.  E.g. keep track of self harm that 'still counts' in the HUD.

What do you mean the team no longer rides entirely on the shoulders of the Trin? How dare you deprive everyone of their right to be carried. Game ruined. Literally unplayable! 

1 minute ago, Jenemba said:

What do you mean the team no longer rides entirely on the shoulders of the Trin? How dare you deprive everyone of their right to be carried. Game ruined. Literally unplayable! 

10/10  75% is still hilariously strong though :>

Edited by Nyxxz

Overall really nice changes :). 2 quick suggestions. 1 trinities range should scale with range mods. 2 fix excals slide blind, I never used the dash for blind, only for mobility and slide damage, now, instead of sliding around the place I walk, making me a much easier target and reducing my mobility ALOT. Again thx for update. Hope more good changes will be coming soon.

9 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

The cap on capacity remains unchanged.

Then I don't understand the point of this system. I thought it should give high Mastery ranks any use, but it doesn't change anything. Maybe I just don't understand how it works

9 minutes ago, ImGerik said:

Love the new bit for Mastery Rank.

All fixes are also much appreciated.

The nerfs are controversial as heck, but I can live with them.

Thanks for your hard work DE!

I see what you did there

Finally forma does not make weapon  completely useless anymore thank you DE 

Bless change this time is improvement cause let's face it percentage was intended  to stop god mode,  but it failed to do that due to Glaive combo and we still had near permanent invulnerability only thing that did change  was the more annoying way to cast it, but after few days player will get use to it and does it by reflex, so let's face it nothing changed with percentage damage reduction it was still god mode...       

With 99% Damage Reduction and you get only 1 shield damage was a bit Over Powered its same as completely invulnerable, but 75% cap on bless might be a bit too low, a 90% cap maybe... cause Mirage (95%), Mesa (95%), Equinox (83%) do grant you 75%+ Damage Reduction why cap only trinity on 75% when other can have more?

No more Invulnerability  ... OK  

75% Cap Damage Reduction  ...too low 

Not happy about the starting frame level affected by MR. The main reason i play is to enjoy leveling stuff up. I dont mind it on forma, but im worried this will kill the game for me.

Missread, thought it was the items starting level, not mod capacity. This should work well.

Edited by chaotea

Like some of you mentioned already, the hotfix messed up the Mod Capacity.  Newly Forma weapons (with potato) stayed at 30 mod capacity.  Please fix ASAP.

Nevermind, it looks to be a new way of leveling for weapons.

Edited by Deathkgt

Guys, you have to be kidding, those are band-aids on top of other band-aids...
There was a lot of meaningful and constructive feedback in several threads regarding all these changes and 90% of it is ignored...

- Get rid of EB slide blind.
- 1 forma for all the effort to make our frames viable and efficient? Really?.. Make a script to reset and give back all used formas at least...
- Mag and Volt abilities not scaling is the main bummer for me. Not that they are my mains, but after these changes I just don't want to play the game anymore.
- Trinity change is really dumb. It was much better designed with risk/reward it provided
- Oberon and Loki passives are the most useless and literally unrelated to the theme of these frames (paladin with dogs/cats and trickster sitting on the wall, yeah...)

I don't know.. I am just really disappointed

9 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Hotfix 18.13.2

We've received word from the Lotus that everyone will have 7 days following the launch of 18.13.2 to claim a free Forma via inbox simply by logging in shortly after we launch.

need fix:akstileto prime,he shooting with only one gun :sad: 

MAgN99F.jpg

36 minutes ago, Alex-4 said:

Finally forma does not make weapon  completely useless anymore thank you DE 

Bless change this time is improvement cause let's face it percentage was intended  to stop god mode,  but it failed to do that due to Glaive combo and we still had near permanent invulnerability only thing that did change  was the more annoying way to cast it, but after few days player will get use to it and does it by reflex, so let's face it nothing changed with percentage damage reduction it was still god mode...       

With 99% Damage Reduction and you get only 1 shield damage was a bit Over Powered its same as completely invulnerable, but 75% cap on bless might be a bit too low, a 90% cap maybe... cause Mirage (95%), Mesa (95%), Equinox (83%) do grant you 75%+ Damage Reduction why cap only trinity on 75% when other can have more?

No more Invulnerability  ... OK  

75% Cap Damage Reduction  ...too low 

Mesa's Shatter Shield only affect herself.

Equinox's requires people to stay way close to her for max team defense with that ability.

Mirage's Total Eclipse augment is nice, defends everyone, but ONLY when in a dark shade. And in bright areas, it's kill or be killed.

Trin's doing her job quite well alrdy. 75% dmg reduct, just need to be in her FIFTY METER RANGE when she does it. Then you're good for the ability's whole duration.

13 minutes ago, Tineidae said:

Guys, you have to be kidding, those are band-aids on top of other band-aids...
There was a lot of meaningful and constructive feedback in several threads regarding all these changes and 90% of it is ignored...

- Get rid of EB slide blind.
- 1 forma for all the effort to make our frames viable and efficient? Really?.. Make a script to reset and give back all used formas at least...
- Mag and Volt abilities not scaling is the main bummer for me. Not that they are my mains, but after these changes I just don't want to play the game anymore.
- Trinity change is really dumb. It was much better designed with risk/reward it provided
- Oberon and Loki passives are the most useless and literally unrelated to the theme of these frames (paladin with dogs/cats and trickster sitting on the wall, yeah...)

I don't know.. I am just really disappointed

The forma part's asking for too much.

Trin change is fine imo.

After the enemies health scaling change, frames prolly won't need scaling abilities anymore.

Oberon passive, not sure what to say about that..

Loki's? Decoy somewhere high or unreachable, then wall-latch and snipe.

8 hours ago, Dalicris said:

The 99% to 75% nerf?! AT MAX CAP?!?! The mobs have the ability to one-shot a medium survivability player at level FOURTY-FIVE. AND THERE ARE ONE. HUNDRED. LEVEL. MOBS.

And even the 45 ones often stagger a T/Prin player with QT(or simply murder one without one), making it quite challenging to play the game with the 99% blessing, so you always have to keep an eye on the counter(and that's with normal/higher power duration!).

For realsies? You should be able to solo or 4-man against up to L100 easily, even 150s is pretty easy. L45 mobs are just chaff before a Tenno's wind. If you need 99% Trinity to survive against L45s I have no idea how you are playing this game.

Edited by Zaniel_Aus