Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

AoE Explosion (Tonkor, Simulor,...) Can No Longer Score Headshot

quan256

5 hours ago, quan256 said:

rBQ00go.jpg

Can't even kill a level 50 Corrupted Gunner.

5 hours ago, (XB1)Bortis Badtouch said:

yes, lets slap it into the dirt even though people have  put alot of effort into the weapon (dont use argon scope on it) yes, lets make it really crappy so it borderline unusable, screw the people who put real money into the weapon. yay

You think this is slapping it into the dirt? I'm to assume that this is one body shot from a Tonkor that's been built up to somewhere around it's potential? This is pretty good damage to a Level 50 Corrupted Gunner compared to my Paris Prime and Veykor Hek, which I can take to end-game content and still be useful to the Team.

qvI60x6.jpg

The Tonkor is still great, even if it's not one-shotting anymore, like most things initially don't anyway. I was able to kill both instantly with Headshots, by the way. And with a single Red Crit from my Paris Prime. But it's still great.

1 hour ago, Man_In_Suitcase said:

I've not used the Tonkor in quite sometime and don't much care for it personally, but would it make more sense just to outright nerf the Tonkor's critical stats, oppose from nerfing it on all explosive weapons? Bit daft that other launchers get gimped jus' bc of one explosive weapon being grossly OP. Bad move DE. 

It's not so much a nerf to explosives as it is making them function as they were intended to function.  AoE was getting bonus headshot damage when it wasn't supposed to, and they finally got around to fixing it.

4 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

I love the fact when tonkor gets nerfed right after it was completely made obsolete thanks to no incentive to play long runs in the void anymore.

Yeah this pissed me off. Snipers, shotguns, and the like are obsolete. Auto rifles and synoid simulor are king now

1 hour ago, Agentawesome said:

Logically speaking, how does an explosion not hit the head?

game design follows its own logic. headshot critting is a mechanic to reward aiming skill (which is not the main point of AOE weapons).

on topic all i can say is: it was about time.

now rebalance explosive weapons overall and give them their own weapon category so you can't pick a tonkor for an assault rifle sortie anymore.

Edited by Kotsender_Quasimir

9 hours ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Probably because it's a general change. It will affect stuff like Sonicor, Simulor, Staticor, pretty much any AoE weapon that automatically hit headshots. They may still do the promised nerf for Tonkor specifically.

A lot of people said in game that Sonicor is balanced, I hope they do not under balance it. Unless the balance they mention from the Sonicor was a lie.

13 hours ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

If you hit the head, headshots are still scored normally........overreacting much? Tonkor and Co had it coming, and I have a feeling this is not even the nerf we were promised, just a general bug fix from long ago.

Are you positive that headshots still actually work with AOE weapons? also, I'm pretty sure this is not a fix, since nothing was broken, other than maybe the damage output being too high for the taste of some. You can't call this a bugfix, it doesn't make much sense for AOE damage to not hit weakpoints, don't you think?

And again, I COULD NOT CARE LESS about the Tonkor. Though if other players who put time and formae into it complain, can't really just tell them to suck it, can we? Seems a tad unconstructive to me.

1 hour ago, Marthrym said:

Are you positive that headshots still actually work with AOE weapons? also, I'm pretty sure this is not a fix, since nothing was broken, other than maybe the damage output being too high for the taste of some. You can't call this a bugfix, it doesn't make much sense for AOE damage to not hit weakpoints, don't you think?

And again, I COULD NOT CARE LESS about the Tonkor. Though if other players who put time and formae into it complain, can't really just tell them to suck it, can we? Seems a tad unconstructive to me.

No, I think it makes no sense for AoE to hit weakspots. And before you take me with "The weak spot is hit by the AoE regardless of where you hit", you should remember that this is a game where proper accuracy and headshots are rewarded with extra damage.

There should not be heaps of weapons left and right that can hit those and get the damage bonus without any skill involved whatsoever. If so, then their base damage should have been 1/2 or 1/4 of what it is now to compensate.