Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Specters of the Rail: Hotfix 10

[DE]Drew

34 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Hey, would you mind giving a litte more explanation as to what's happening in these screenshots?

Friend and I also just did an Orokin Derelict Vault run--he got Heavy Caliber as his reward but I got Anemic Agility. I can get you screenshots the next time it happened if that helps. 

48 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Hey, would you mind giving a litte more explanation as to what's happening in these screenshots?

When we do fissure (any era) we get different reward choices. We can see in the screenshots that my friend get Akbronco BP, a forma, Paris and Lex part while I get Saryn, Paris, Boar and Akbronco part. This is in the same mission and it keep happening in the last 3 days. We noticed this when he got an Akstiletto Blueprint and I didnt have it in my choices. Next time, we decided to take screenshots and bring it here to know whats up. In between my first post and now, we did a Hieracon run and we also didnt get the same relics/credit caches/fusion cores. That never happened before this update. 

This is like MasterControl98 and TheSilverZephyr said.

Edited by Fecom

- Baro Ki'teer doesn't open his lips when he speaks, even though his jaw moves. This is much more clear in the video message he sends for the Inaros quest, but it is there as well in the message he sends when he in the Relays.

Edited by LordPreda

6 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

The field of view and Archwing positioning was something we took into consideration with these new changes. We don't have any plans to tweak it at this time, but I'll keep your feedback in mind. 

I'm a fan of Archwing but this isn't good. It doesn't need to be tweaked, it needs to be outright redone.

No space sim or arcade space shooter style game I'm aware of ever obstructs this much vision or has the player move in such disconcerting and unhelpful ways. And now, it's worse than it used to be. My archwing model never clipped into my screen before.

Field of View itself may not be as much of an issue as viewmodel fov, scale, and position.

Also, the animations while sprinting aren't great either. As in, there are none.

And this isn't even mentioning that I can't turn off toggle sprint for archwing only, which makes my life a living hell in small areas.

See also someone else's image:

4VaB81D.jpg

Edited by Temragon
More polite

8 minutes ago, Temragon said:

I'm a fan of Archwing but this isn't good. It doesn't need to be tweaked, it needs to be outright redone.

No space sim or arcade space shooter style game I'm aware of ever obstructs this much vision or has the player move in such disconcerting and unhelpful ways. And now, it's worse than it used to be. My archwing model never clipped into my screen before.

Field of View itself may not be as much of an issue as viewmodel fov, scale, and position.

Also, the animations while sprinting aren't great either. As in, there are none.

And this isn't even mentioning that I can't turn off toggle sprint for archwing only, which makes my life a living hell in small areas.

See also someone else's image:

4VaB81D.jpg

the second. it has a better over vieuw.

Now that you mentioned archwing ... why are the enemies not on the map anymore

6 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

The field of view and Archwing positioning was something we took into consideration with these new changes.

So you're saying that having 1/3 of the screen blocked by the archwing was intentional?

NEED TO FIX T4 RELIC'S. Click on the relic and map starts, do the fishure and complet the map. just to se YOU DONT HAVE ANY RELIC WHIT YOU. SO NO RELIC FORE YOU.

have now hapend 6 -8 times now. all other tears whorks 100%, it is just T4 that is 50 - 50 if you did bring a relic whit you, and no no re selection of relic or map have ben made.

7 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

The field of view and Archwing positioning was something we took into consideration with these new changes. We don't have any plans to tweak it at this time, but I'll keep your feedback in mind. 

Honestly surprises me that you guys aren't going to change something that is causing a large portion of your players motion sickness and is just uncomfortable to play. You guys make strides for players with disabilities, but you guys are going to ignore something that before this update didn't cause people to get sick. To say I am disappointed with this update would be an understatement. I am sure a lot of us would get banned if we really spoke our minds about this update.

Let me put this is a way I hope can be understood and I'll eat the warning point.

I CAN'T PLAY ARCHWING, A GAME MODE I LOVED, THE ARCHWING BEING SO CLOSE TO MY SCREEN I CLIP THROUGH THE CAMERA IS MAKING ME PHYSICALLY ILL. IDK IF YOU HAVE EVER THROWN UP WHILE PLAYING A GAME. I CAN ASSURE YOU IT SUCKS. THE FACT THAT NO MATTER WHAT I AM GOING TO SPIN MAKES ME ILL. THE FACT YOU CAN'T CONTROL THE SPIN IS UTTERLY STUPID.

5 minutes ago, Silverton said:

I am sure a lot of us would get banned if we really spoke our minds about this update.

Let me put this is a way I hope can be understood and I'll eat the warning point.

That you even feel that way speaks volumes about the moderation here.

I guess I should put this here, as I been having a rare issue regarding Junctions (found here): 

I think the title is self-explanatory. This hasn't happened with every Junction I did so far, but enough times I think I should at least note lol.
There is a psuedo-workaround but I loose all access to the Star Chart/Navigation. Everything else is functioning properly. Only way to fix this is to re-log and/or restart the client.

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

8 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

I have to agree with the many many comments above that the Archwing positioning is pretty terrible. Please consider changing this.

On 7/16/2016 at 6:47 PM, S33K3RsDude said:

There are a lot of Focus trees for which the description clearly explains that they're not about just fighting the enemies, but eg. at understanding them (aka gathering intelligence --> Spy). They're called Tenno schools, the Tenno are supposed to learn. You don't learn by constantly repeating the same slaughter strategies in the same spot, unless you want to learn about gore animations. Isn't DE constantly trying to make us play all of the mission types instead of just one grinding mission? Then every mission type should somehow enable us to get stuff like Focus and Affinity in the same way, Spy shouldn't be excluded.

The whole Focus system is an utter joke. Its like a laughing stock of game design. "How to throw out half formed mechanics and see what sticks to the wall."

I only just realized yesterday that I spent a week using weapons without a Focus lens. And didnt even notice.

When I finally did notice...I STILL didnt care. 

In all my considerable hours since the update, I have seen a person use a Focus power during a mission precisely once. And that was my girl using her giant laserbeam for kicks. The whole affair is utterly worthless and should be scrapped and made into something that's actually fun and doesnt depend on running the equally offer, even-better-example-of-what-not-to-do-and-how-to-do-it Sorties.

- Dendra Shoulder Guard moves the Badge from its usual location on the shoulder to somewhere on the wrist, clipping through the arm

Z7iRWwU.jpg

- Sugatras on Lacera attach not on the hilt (like on Mios and other swords) but somewhere on the blade, as you can see in the picture below. And even if it was meant to attach there (makes no sense, it would prevent the sword from cutting things) there is an empty space between Sugatra and the blade itself.

io1yVhM.jpg

Edited by LordPreda

We have stopped running void fissures in pre-made groups simply because of this latest bug.

Before hotfix 10, in a pre-made group, we would all bring relics, different or the same, does not matter.  When we finish the mission w/ void fissure, we would all see the same rewards - A, B, C, D.

Now, at the end of the mission.  Player 1 sees - A, B, C, D.  Player 2 sees - F, G, M, T.  Player 3 sees R, T, L, S.

It essentially means all loot is not synchronized with party members.  We noticed that this occurred as well for sorties, where I was awarded a Dera Vandal part, and my friend got a legendary core.  The same applies for Excavation awards.

If this is intended, please confirm this.  Our group won't run fissures until this is clarified.

3 hours ago, Mastercontrol98 said:

Yes, but it appears these screenshots are from the same mission. Meaning one client is seeing one set of loot drops and another is seeing another set of loot drops. Which would mean the system is not working as intended.

I experienced this today. Friend hosted a fissure. We did the fissure. His screen showed a carrier prime & fang piece. Mine showed a burston prime piece, and a forma bp. 6-18-16

10 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

I respectfully believe that having no plans to tweak it as of right now is a really bad idea. You can even see in the screenshot that the arcwhing is placed so close to the viewpoint that the model of the archwing actually intersects the camera near clipping plane and causes a pretty ugly cut-off where you see inside the model. That alone is probably a good reason to throw the camera a wider field of vision.

I will have a munch more in-depth discussion of my own opinions SoonTM for those who care.

4 hours ago, ChaellExE said:

the second. it has a better over vieuw.

Now that you mentioned archwing ... why are the enemies not on the map anymore

Because they're hidden behind the massively obscuring, oversized gamebreaking model of your Archwing+Warframe.

6 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Me and my brother had the same issue. We were playing together, just the two of us, and on our screens we had different rewards pop up compared to each other. 

12 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

To add it make acheiving objectives a bit harder to do not being able to see them and rushing past them espeacially in the rush missons.