Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survey for players with 1000+ hours

Faulcun

On August 2, 2016 at 3:07 PM, Faulcun said:

Have you taken any long periods of breaks, and if so, how long and why?

Game lost purpose. The leveling was entertaining, but end game stuff broke down to a numbers game and camp/boring gameplay. Sitting inside Frost bubbles for hours (literally watching YouTube) got old.

When did you start playing Warframe? 

Beggining of 2014?

How many clans in warframe have you been apart of?

4-5 including the old Arbiters group

Were you apart of leadership in any of those clans?

I invested lots of credits. Nothing else however.

If so, aside from direct clan problems, how has the development of the game affected the members?

unknown for others

Have your views changed over the years?

Leveling: generally good game

end game: Lots of content, poor design overall

If so was it due to the community, or in game experiences?

Community is fairly solid. Gameplay pushed me away

Were you an avid viver/draco player?

Around the last two months before my break, I was. Leveling + frost + YouTube was a good time waster

What is your favorite game mode, and what is your favorite part of the game?

It was the player interaction while we all leveled Warframes. Helping and being helped. Learning about tactics and frames. Trading culture. Etc.

This is with random people over the course of 1.5 years mind you.

What is your least favorite?

The first raid. Void Survival/Defense. Draco. Etc.

Do you prefer to play with clan members or public games?

Don't care. 

What level missions are you most comfortable with without needing a team of super specific loadouts?

Virtually anything that wasn't end game or farming.

Do you still have many things to complete/collect in the game?

Not really unless yiu count useless frames/weapons.

What is your opinion on pvp/dark sectors?

Haven't touched either enough.

Have Youtubers been a large influence or source of your knowledge about the game?

No. The forums have.

Do you consider yourself a casual, heavy, or hardcore gamer?

Don't know. I play or have played nearly every genre and can discuss game theory and design with others. It's my primary hobby. Call that what you will.

What is your background in gaming in general? (ie: fps, mmorpg, strategy, etc etc)

Started with Halo. Now virtually all.

Compared to other communities in other games, how does warframe compare?

Community is solid, but that is likely due to the co-oo nature. DE and its game act like heat sinks for the hate and vitriol of the community.

What keeps you playing the game?

Starting back up from a 3-8 months hiatus. Haven't kept track.

What do you hope for long term in future updates?

Validation of all game modes for end game players: extermination, defense, etc

What things would you like to see given attention in the near future?

Above. It will validate all frames, and allow for added depth and emergent gameplay.

Without going into too many details, what are you opinions on any experiences with Warframe Support?

Haven't used it. 

Overall, what is your view of Warframe and its business model?

Perfectly fine, but DE seems to have backed themselves into a design corner because of the nature of the model

How many hours are in your profile? Around 1900h on my main account, 250h on this one.

Have you taken any long periods of breaks, and if so, how long and why? Used to take 1-2 months-long breaks when there was absolutely nothing for me to do between updates, until I made this secondary account to keep myself entertained.

When did you start playing warframe? U12.4. I remember it like yesterday.

How many clans in warframe have you been apart of? 5

Were you apart of leadership in any of those clans? I'm warlord of the current one.

If so, aside from direct clan problems, how has the development of the game affected the members? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ People come, people go, I don't ask. I've been seeing a lot of people offline since Spectres dropped, I'm hoping they're just taking a break but I'm afraid some are gone for good.

Have your views changed over the years? Sort of.

If so was it due to the community, or in game experiences? Both?

Were Are you an avid viver/draco Berehynia player? Yes. In my defence, I only started after I was already MR16, and there are too many terrible items to level up in the game. I don't like stealth, and non-endless modes have a pitiful affinity gain, so I'm willing to take shortcuts whenever/wherever I can, sorry world.

What is your favorite game mode, and what is your favorite part of the game? I like any fast-paced mode, no defence types that force you to hold a position for X minutes. Favourite part of the game is killing stuff. And moving around completing objectives while killing said stuff.

What is your least favorite? Defence/Mobile Defence/Sabotage with cold.

Do you prefer to play with clan members or public games? I used to invite clannies for games, until they stopped replying. Now I just pub if I'm bored, or solo.

What level missions are you most comfortable with without needing a team of super specific loadouts? Any level? Every mission can be completed without meta gear. Having a secondary account means I'm relearning to play the game without multiple Forma or maxed corrupted mods, and it's fine.

Do you still have many things to complete/collect in the game? On my main account, only the most recent weapons and a couple mods I didn't care about, either because I didn't farm them or couldn't play the event that rewarded them (looking at you, Primed Chamber). On this account, I'm MR14 so I need lots of stuff all over again...

What is your opinion on pvp/dark sectors? Nope. I greatly enjoyed the first iteration of Dark Sectors, the one where you fought against Warframe spectres. When it became PVP I completely forgot about them. (I'm glad the spectres are back, but I want to fight them outside junctions too.)

Have Youtubers been a large influence or source of your knowledge about the game? Wouldn't say large, but when I was a noober I'd watch some reviews and guides on how to build this and that frame.

Do you consider yourself a casual, heavy, or hardcore gamer? I'm a filthy casual that just happens to play a lot.

What is your background in gaming in general? (ie: fps, mmorpg, strategy, etc etc) Shooters. That's it. I'm boring.

Compared to other communities in other games, how does warframe compare? It's ok. It's better than PAYDAY 2. There are the annoying "I run meta and I think the game is too easy, nerf me pls" players and there are the "I can't press 4 to win so nerf them pls" players, but more often than not I run into cool people.

What keeps you playing the game? It's fun, it's pretty and it's one of the few games my computer can run nowadays...

What do you hope for long term in future updates? The removal of hitscan and luck-based progress.

What things would you like to see given attention in the near future? Enemy scaling, power-creep, focus convergence changes, Archwing mod drops and affinity, Void trace and relic acquisition methods.

Without going into too many details, what are you opinions on any experiences with Warframe Support? Only submit one ticket because I dun goofed in a quest, got it fixed within the hour, so no complaints on my side.

Overall, what is your view of Warframe and its business model? Overall it's fine. Cash-only cosmetics don't bother since they're optional, but I wish we had more weapon and frame slots at start, or at least a bit more starter plat to buy them. I also don't mind minor items like some event mods (IPS sets, Acolyte mods) and weapons (Vandals, Wraiths, Prismas) becoming only available for plat until they are reintroduced, but I absolutely despise the current Prime vault system. It's ok to sell old Primes in new packages to move the economy a bit, but the current vaulting/unvaulting rates are unsustainable at long term and I hope DE can see it behind the $$$$$$.

On 8/2/2016 at 3:07 PM, Faulcun said:

How many hours are in your profile? 1390 Steam, probably 200 or so from before I used the steam client.

Have you taken any long periods of breaks, and if so, how long and why? Yes, for about a year after Mesa came out. School was getting hard enough I couldn't devote the time to it anymore.

When did you start playing warframe? Closed and open beta.

How many clans in warframe have you been apart of? 3. Only one of those was capable of being serious in pvp, the leadership of the one I'm in now tries but there are too many new / super casuals to really get much done.

Were you apart of leadership in any of those clans? Nope

If so, aside from direct clan problems, how has the development of the game affected the members? Several of my friends have quit, though I can't say it's due to the places DE has taken the game.

Have your views changed over the years? In some ways, but not really. I think DE tries their best but they do need more Q&A and more community feedback before they implement things.

If so was it due to the community, or in game experiences? N/A

Were you an avid viver/draco player? Avid, no, but I did take advantage of it to level up MR fodder weapons. I miss it more for the lack of easy orokin cells now than lack of easy leveling.

What is your favorite game mode, and what is your favorite part of the game? I enjoy spy missions, if they had very long duration spies for sorties that had multiple stages perhaps I'd be all over that.

What is your least favorite? Defense. Takes too long between waves, respawns take too long at low levels.

Do you prefer to play with clan members or public games? Usually pubbies, my clan has a lot of new players and while I'm happy to help out there's not usually pressing need.

What level missions are you most comfortable with without needing a team of super specific loadouts? Up to about mid 60s if the only thing I'm doing is selecting appropriate damage types.

Do you still have many things to complete/collect in the game? Mostly just raids. I'm only missing about 30 weapons, and of those there are only 11 I can still get, 7 of which are off of Baro / Stalker / G3.

What is your opinion on pvp/dark sectors? I'd play it a lot more if they had a solid host provider. There's some cheese that needs to be cut out, too. Although my last real attempts at pvp were when dark sectors were fairly new and super glitchy. People spawning in with their full loadouts and such.

Have Youtubers been a large influence or source of your knowledge about the game? Virtually none.

Do you consider yourself a casual, heavy, or hardcore gamer? Heavy bordering on hardcore. I don't really care enough about getting the highest of high scores to be hardcore, but I do play a lot and am significantly better than most players I run across.

What is your background in gaming in general? (ie: fps, mmorpg, strategy, etc etc) I play pretty much anything and everything. Grew up on shooters, branched out into RPGs and such when I got Morrowind, King's Quest IV, and some of the lucasarts adventure titles. I've at least tried most of the original MMOs. I tend to stick to Strategy / RPG games these days, I don't like the direction most shooters have gone these days.

Compared to other communities in other games, how does warframe compare? Significantly better than most. Really only run into 1-2 bad apples, and a small handful of scammers who were quickly reported.

What keeps you playing the game? There's a huge variety of things I can do with the frames I have available, mostly I'm just trying to get the last bit I need to MR22. Not sure how much I'll still play after I have that.

What do you hope for long term in future updates? Better archwing controls, more interesting missions and fighting that isn't just scaling enemies.

What things would you like to see given attention in the near future? Matchmaking. I typically have to try 2-3 times to get into a mission and even when I do I swear it connects me to someone on an old shoe string in the middle of the Himalayas.

Without going into too many details, what are you opinions on any experiences with Warframe Support? Haven't had to deal with them too often. Only time I was really disappointed with them was at the end of an 80 minute T4 survival and our rewards glitched out, they'd only give us one of the 16 rewards.

Overall, what is your view of Warframe and its business model? I think it's significantly better than most. It's not pay to win at all, and the "necessary" things like reactors and catalysts are cheap enough that even a tiny bit of farming can keep you stocked in them fairly well, and what little I have spent went much farther than normal with the 50-75% discounts they give out as daily rewards.

On 8/3/2016 at 4:07 AM, Faulcun said:

Ive seen some things over the years in Warframe. Last time I looked, I had around 2200 hrs in my profile. In all of those hours, the game has had many changes. Some good, some bad.

However, Warframe and the developers behind it have remained fairly consistent over the years, good stuff and bad stuff, so much so that i can honestly say that my opinions have not changed either.

So im curious about other players who have amassed similar hours of gameplay here. None of this is really meant to spark a debate about anything in particular, but more of a quick view into the minds of "experienced" players, because 1000+ hours in anything.... and well you should know something about something or at least have an informed opinion. This is not meant to suggest that players with less hours have any less worth of an opinion. Im merely looking for the ones that may not have any reason to play still, and their views on why they do, their playing habbits over the years, and various opinions among other things.

So here are my questions:

How many hours are in your profile? 1,082 hours.

Have you taken any long periods of breaks, and if so, how long and why? Take 5 minutes break every mission finished, because I need to pee and refill my water glass.

When did you start playing warframe? Not sure about the exact date, but I joined during Cerciro Toxin crsis event. (Sorry, can't spell it right.)

How many clans in warframe have you been apart of? One.

Were you apart of leadership in any of those clans? At first not, but leader left due to emotional breakdown, and I took command of leadership.

If so, aside from direct clan problems, how has the development of the game affected the members? None, we're a happy ghost clan. x3

Have your views changed over the years? Nope, because the game in my mind is always cool and awesome, and DE made it even more cool than before, except the archwing, it gives me motion sickness for now.

If so was it due to the community, or in game experiences? Game experience.

Were you an avid viver/draco player? Only when I need to forma my favorite frames and weaponry, also level up several stuff for mastery point, because I want the rank icon golden.

What is your favorite game mode, and what is your favorite part of the game? Survival, watching enemies burn to death, and zap to dust.

What is your least favorite? Griefing players that break the mission or making the team lose on purpose, especially on Radiation Hazard Sortie missions.

Do you prefer to play with clan members or public games? Play with clan members and friends.

What level missions are you most comfortable with without needing a team of super specific loadouts? Extermination, Cross fire, and Mobile Defense, lvs bewteen 1 to 30 are fine for me.

Do you still have many things to complete/collect in the game? All syndicate weaponry, Prime frames, and weaponry.

What is your opinion on pvp/dark sectors? PvP shouldn't exist in the game at all, Dark Sector is another useless PvP gamemode, since everyone are happy with current situations right now.

Have Youtubers been a large influence or source of your knowledge about the game? Yes, I believe Mogamu plays a role in the development for the game as well.

Do you consider yourself a casual, heavy, or hardcore gamer? A casual gamer all the time, I don't mind helping and carrying newbie players.

What is your background in gaming in general? (ie: fps, mmorpg, strategy, etc etc) FPS, and Co-op.

Compared to other communities in other games, how does warframe compare? It used to be good, now it is no different than TF2, Dota2, and LoL communities.

What keeps you playing the game? The fissure, and the greed of getting more credit (Dunno why, I just love money.)

What do you hope for long term in future updates? Removal of Radiation clouds in Radiation Hazard sortie missions, and removal of Conclave and any PvP-related game modes, including Lunaro.

What things would you like to see given attention in the near future? No idea, maybe better archwing manuvers.

Without going into too many details, what are you opinions on any experiences with Warframe Support? Very machinery, copy n paste relies, I feel they're Corpus robotics as well.

Overall, what is your view of Warframe and its business model? It's quite good I must say.

Edited by Mardana

On 8/3/2016 at 0:07 AM, Faulcun said:

Medium 

Ive seen some things over the years in Warframe. Last time I looked, I had around 2200 hrs in my profile. In all of those hours, the game has had many changes. Some good, some bad.

However, Warframe and the developers behind it have remained fairly consistent over the years, good stuff and bad stuff, so much so that i can honestly say that my opinions have not changed either.

So im curious about other players who have amassed similar hours of gameplay here. None of this is really meant to spark a debate about anything in particular, but more of a quick view into the minds of "experienced" players, because 1000+ hours in anything.... and well you should know something about something or at least have an informed opinion. This is not meant to suggest that players with less hours have any less worth of an opinion. Im merely looking for the ones that may not have any reason to play still, and their views on why they do, their playing habbits over the years, and various opinions among other things.

So here are my questions:

How many hours are in your profile? Last time i checked it was 1500+, (i cannot remember when was that)

Have you taken any long periods of breaks, and if so, how long and why? 30 days

When did you start playing warframe? Aug 2015

How many clans in warframe have you been apart of? 1

Were you apart of leadership in any of those clans? I am the founder of my own clan

If so, aside from direct clan problems, how has the development of the game affected the members? No

Have your views changed over the years? No

If so was it due to the community, or in game experiences?  N/A

Were you an avid viver/draco player?  Yes

What is your favorite game mode, and what is your favorite part of the game?  Killing enemies :)

What is your least favorite? Boring T4 Interception, now keep on reviving Low Level players

Do you prefer to play with clan members or public games? Seriously you are asking this?

What level missions are you most comfortable with without needing a team of super specific loadouts? Any

Do you still have many things to complete/collect in the game? NO

What is your opinion on pvp/dark sectors? Don't like it

Have Youtubers been a large influence or source of your knowledge about the game? No

Do you consider yourself a casual, heavy, or hardcore gamer? Medium Heavy

What is your background in gaming in general? (ie: fps, mmorpg, strategy, etc etc) All

Compared to other communities in other games, how does warframe compare? Nice

What keeps you playing the game? I like it ... So far

What do you hope for long term in future updates? don't make the game worse

What things would you like to see given attention in the near future? A lot. Need a full page to mention them

Without going into too many details, what are you opinions on any experiences with Warframe Support? Never tried it

Overall, what is your view of Warframe and its business model? The Game will Continue for 3 years at the most then Die

How many hours are in your profile?

None, honestly.

When did you start playing warframe?

I'd say late 2014, give or take.

At least 3.

Not once, although I'm glad for that. I'm no good for administration.

If so, aside from direct clan problems, how has the development of the game affected the members?

Many have quit the game (and the clan) because they got burnt out.

Definitely.

Both. As a rule of thumb, one backed up the other.

I never got to visit Viver in its heyday, but I do admit I used Draco frequently. It was an easy, available shortcut to the time consuming task of Forma and Mastery Unlocking.

Spy, and the lore.

The diluted droptables in Spy/Sortie rewards.

Clan members. Most coop games are much more fun to play if they're with people you know.

What level missions are you most comfortable with without needing a team of super specific loadouts?

At what level? Below 30, I can deal with pretty much anything.

Yep. Barely through half of the game's weapons/warframes/companions, and I've still got Kuria/Ceph Fragments left to hunt down. I'm all caught up with Quests though.

Conclave is difficult but entertaining, certainly better than the old DS. Dark Sectors are a mystery right now.

Have Youtubers been a large influence or source of your knowledge about the game?

Not really.

I am well past casual, but I don't spend entire days playing Warframe.

What is your background in gaming in general? (ie: fps, mmorpg, strategy, etc etc)

Very varied.

Compared to other communities in other games, how does Warframe compare?

Eh, more of the same. It's got its great side and its awful side. Nothing new there.

The fun of it, so long as I stay in level 10 missions. The Quests are fun, too.

More weapons with interesting mechanics - the Stradavar was a missed opportunity, but the Heliocor is fascinating.

A thorough revision of Affinity - so many problems can be traced back to it.

Without going into too many details, what are you opinions on any experiences with Warframe Support?

Multiple times, messages I send through the box that pops up once WF crashes never get sent.

As it is, the game still has difficulty with retaining new players. This is unsustainable, and needs continuous work - it's not something you can patch up once and walk away from.

How many hours are in your profile? 7xx

Have you taken any long periods of breaks, and if so, how long and why? yes, (hydroid, and melee 2.0 update was so grindy) 3-6 months. Less grindy games were more fun options.

When did you start playing warframe? update 7

Were you apart of leadership in any of those clans? yes

If so, aside from direct clan problems, how has the development of the game affected the members? Grind along with optimisation and network reliability

Have your views changed over the years? yes but thats not an open acknowledgement that i was wrong. 4+4 = 8 so does 2x4.

If so was it due to the community, or in game experiences? experiences in other games.

Were you an avid viver/draco player? nope

What is your favorite game mode, and what is your favorite part of the game? invasion missions, followed by spy 2.0 and Jordas archwing assasination

What is your least favorite? Interception and any mission over level 30.

Do you prefer to play with clan members or public games? no preference

What level missions are you most comfortable with without needing a team of super specific loadouts? 8-13

Do you still have many things to complete/collect in the game? eh about 35%-40% to go.

What is your opinion on pvp/dark sectors? not for me

Have Youtubers been a large influence or source of your knowledge about the game? yes

Do you consider yourself a casual, heavy, or hardcore gamer? hardcore

What is your background in gaming in general? (ie: fps, mmorpg, strategy, etc etc) everything 25 years of gaming from atari 2600 to ps4 and 3ds and over 20-30 games per console along with countless PC titles.

Compared to other communities in other games, how does warframe compare? Not the best but not the worst. on a middleground.

What keeps you playing the game? casual friendly experience

What do you hope for long term in future updates? Cosmetics on adjusting tennis balls, skirts on Nova/Trinity/Saryn premium skins, more Kavat skins and colors, rework of stances, more agile and combat centered melee system with dashes, sidesteps and gap closers. Hugely scaled spaceship combat with micro archwing battles

What things would you like to see given attention in the near future? Archwing, market prices, relays, weak weapons and skills/frames/sentinels/kavat/kubrow

Without going into too many details, what are you opinions on any experiences with Warframe Support? Based on experience with 2 tickets slow, friendly and pleasing.

Overall, what is your view of Warframe and its business model? They have a fun product thats growing into something great that may last for decades.

How many hours are in your profile? - Feel too lasy to boot up client, but IIRC last time I checked I had roughly 1400 hours on PS4 (MR21)  and 230 ish Hours on PC (MR9).

Have you taken any long periods of breaks, and if so, how long and why? - Prior to the daily login reward, I would take short breaks in between big updates once there was nothing new to do... But nowadays, I log in everyday, regardless of whether I feel like playing the game or not... And I often shut down the app immediately afterwards.

When did you start playing warframe? - When the PS4 version came out. PS4's launch titles were pretty terrible, and Warframe was there to fill in that void... Since then though, it has remained my top played game.

How many clans in warframe have you been apart of? - 3 . Been in the same clan for a looong time though.

Were you apart of leadership in any of those clans? - Nah, never cared much about clan politics.

If so, aside from direct clan problems, how has the development of the game affected the members? - My current clan feels dead and I feel like it's mostly an excuse to get dojo weapons and to have a trade posts.

Have your views changed over the years? - Ever since I hit MR21, I feel like DE cannot produce enough new content to keep me interested for long period of times... Before that , I always had something to do, nowadays, it's really had to find relevant and meaningful stuff to do in game... I desperately need new goals to try and achieve, new carrots to motivate me to play.

If so was it due to the community, or in game experiences? - I still feel like the gameplay loop is great, i'm just tired of farming and overall, i wish we got more new mission types / new levels and similar content instead of reworks, nerfs and mastery fodder stuff.

Were you an avid viver/draco player? - Yes, a sizeable portion of my arsenal was leveled in Draco... Not necesssarily by choice, but because the XP gain in most of the starchart is insiginficant and it takes weeks to level a weapon normally.

What is your favorite game mode, and what is your favorite part of the game? -  T4 endless Survival, I also love Spy missions for some reason, even though it feels samey after a while.

What is your least favorite? - Not a big fan of defense... Usually feels like a chore since you stay in the same spot for very long.

Do you prefer to play with clan members or public games? - I mostly play public games because I'd rather do my own goals when I feel like them than trying to find compromises and deal with everyone's own progression and goals.

What level missions are you most comfortable with without needing a team of super specific loadouts? I usually can solo everything fine asides from interception , and I'm usually okay with enemies up to the 120 ish mark... After that , I need to use dedicated builds.

Do you still have many things to complete/collect in the game? - Not really.. Still need to fully complete my codex, to scan the Kurias, to reach max rank in Conclave and get all the conclave mods (which I probably won't do) and I suppose I could track down more of the arcanes , although I have the ones I really wanted in the first place already.

What is your opinion on pvp/dark sectors? - Not a huge fan of PVP, it gets tiresome really fast for me. On paper I like Lunaro , but it also gets tiresome pretty fast. Overall, the PVP aspect kinda leaves me cold, and I miss being able to carry your true builds into PVP arenas, even if it was unbalanced... At least it was fun XD.

Have Youtubers been a large influence or source of your knowledge about the game? - Yes, I watch Mogamu, AGGP, Quite Shallow, Tactical Potato, Dunking Machine, Life or Rio, DK Diamantes and a couple others, although nowadays I feel like I'm sometimes better suited at making builds that them.. XD.

Do you consider yourself a casual, heavy, or hardcore gamer? - Been gaming since I was 8, completed at least 500 games, love games like Dark Souls and the like and I'm a huge addicted gamer freak, so Hardcore.

What is your background in gaming in general? (ie: fps, mmorpg, strategy, etc etc) - I tend to play mostly third person games (really don't enjoy most FPS games for some reason). Hate MMORPGs and I'm not a huge RPG fan, although I do play a few if they appeal to me. I play other genres every now and then, but I'm not a huge strategy/sports/puzzle/racing gamer, or any other of these types of games.

Compared to other communities in other games, how does warframe compare? - The streamer community is pretty cool, the playerbase is okay... Honestly, the game is pretty selfish in the sense where you often feel like four loners running as fast as possible to the extraction, so I'd say it's defintively not the most involved community based game to me.

What keeps you playing the game? - There's something cathartic with playing a badass space ninja that masters his weapons and effortlessly travels the map while killing everything that moves... That plus the appeal of staying up to date and showing my Epeen with my mastery rank.

What do you hope for long term in future updates? - I'm hoping DE will bring us more actual content and not just reworks... New tilesets, planets, new mission types... But mostly, they really need to reward players for doing stuff like sorties. Give us goals, otherwise we'll play for a couple of days every update to level up new gear and be done with the game.

What things would you like to see given attention in the near future? - The endgame. Now that they killed endless void missions and since Sorties don't exactly have meaningful rewards most of the times, I feel like the so called endgame isn't really appealing in it's current form.

Without going into too many details, what are you opinions on any experiences with Warframe Support? - I was satisfied the one time I used the tech support. I feel like Rebecca does a great job trying to forward player feedback to the team, but I have a there's a gap between what the userbase wants and what the devs want to push which sometimes annoys me to no end.

Overall, what is your view of Warframe and its business model? - I think it's actually growing worse over time, with more and more pressure put on the user to buy stuff with plat and with more and more ways to make things tedious to force people to spend real life money. It's also hard to consider this truly a free to play game when you have to buy character slots at 20p each, weapon slots at 12p for two and you're always running short of catalysts/reactors/exilus/formas/lenses, which are pretty much mandatory for true endgame... Finally, I feel like we're getting more and more very expensive skin bundles and whatnots. I wish the pay portion stayed cosmetics instead of slowly creepin it's way into most gameplay systems, basically.

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra

How many hours are in your profile? 2324 hours

Nope. 

Same week as open beta. The Steam notice about the Vandal weapons was actualyl what got me to download it, and ended up missing it because of my stink &#! internet.

One

Yep. Been Clan warlord since day 1.

Gained some , lost some. Some have left due to RL problems. Membership has been hard and had its lows and highs.

A little bit.

Community. I had always thought Warframe had the absolute best community and it is to a point, and is still better then alot of others, but a year or so ago i got into forums and region chat and have seen the darker side of the community more and more, and over the past 6 months the in mission community has gotten to be more of a soloist and your along for the ride mentality then the open and friendly type it used to be.

No. I hated Draco and the mentality it created. I ran it a few times to try it out/tick off the RJ excals when i outkilled them with my Equinox. Draco was overrated and caused a large player base that had the mastery rank and al lthe guns but ddint know how to use it. Now that Draco is gone im seeing this more and more in the new xp farms that maek you haveto play the mission and fight instead of afking.

Ey, thats a tough one. I like al lof them but escavation/survival are the most challenging, and that to mee is what makes the game fun. My favorite part of the game is the variety, and events. Thats when the real challenge comes.

RAIDS. FOr the simple reason they are hard to get teams to cooperate to do/get squads for/stick to squads till the end of the RAID. The actual mission i like, its what happens in the mission and the player mentality around it that i dont.

I prefer to play with clan mates, ive made some very good freinds that way, but doing premade squads is not my internet connections forte, and trying to get clan mates together t odo that is often difficult.

Never run a mission with super specific loadouts, and i find players that demad it irritating because of the way they are over it. All my frames have weapons combos/mod builds/fashion frame setups that i like to run with, and thats it. When i select a mission i pick the loadoutslot i feel liek runnign that mission with.

.Do you still have many things to complete/collect in the game?

I have all the frames and archwings, 99 percent of the companions (missing ardaza kavat) 80 percent of the weapons and 60 percent of Archwing weapons done.

PVP is dominated by whoever has the most practice/best ping/fps. But that goes for pretty much any PVP game. Dark sectors need arework to be more intereactive.

Yeap. Shoutout to my fav TacticalPotato

Hardcore warframer, heavy gamer. If i had more money i would make that a hardcore everything, but its just not in the cards atm.

Ive played a little bit of everything. No major titles though, wallet would die.

Much better

New content and  Mystery. All of Lore isnt revealed yet, and that keeps a mysterious element that i love. Warframe has a middle with ever expanding edges, and i want to be there for the ride. 

Expansion on Lore and mechanics

Dojos , Companions and the Orbitor

Never had any

Best in the gaming universe. Im really sick of a game saying its f2p , then i get into the game and i get the crap beat out of me with someone with a bigger wallet.

Edited by AnonumusSoldier

How many hours are in your profile?  1.900+ hours

Have you taken any long periods of breaks, and if so, how long and why?  I do take some breaks when big triple A games released (uncharted 4, the witcher 3, MGSV, Dark Souls 3, etc) then it may be a few days to months

When did you start playing warframe?  May 17, 2014

How many clans in warframe have you been apart of? Six clans

Were you apart of leadership in any of those clans?  Yes, I'm a warlord of my own clan now, Legion of Divine Lotus

If so, aside from direct clan problems, how has the development of the game affected the members? Some of our old members decided to quit due to new popular games released or the crashed issues that occasionally occurs in some previous updates

Have your views changed over the years? I still love this game even though i felt a little bit burned out

If so was it due to the community, or in game experiences? in-game experience

Were you an avid viver/draco player? I used draco or stephano to level every mastery fodder stuff I didn't intend on using it

What is your favorite game mode, and what is your favorite part of the game? Survival missions, I enjoy being badass running around slicing 200+ lvl enemies 

What is your least favorite? People who are quitter or thought that they're better than any players

Do you prefer to play with clan members or public games? To be honest, i prefer playing with random players in public games

What level missions are you most comfortable with without needing a team of super specific loadouts? any, except defense or interception, those need a team to play

Do you still have many things to complete/collect in the game? yes, there are 2 weapons i missed during my break (karak wraith and snipetron vandal)

What is your opinion on pvp/dark sectors? i hate pvp, it's so unbalance and need a proper dedicated server

Have Youtubers been a large influence or source of your knowledge about the game?  Yes, I used to follow calypsogaming and mogamu channel for build or newest update

Do you consider yourself a casual, heavy, or hardcore gamer? Definitely a casual!

What is your background in gaming in general? (ie: fps, mmorpg, strategy, etc etc) I more into mmorpg or jrpg types

Compared to other communities in other games, how does warframe compare? It's probably one of the best communities I ever seen

What keeps you playing the game? Updates

What do you hope for long term in future updates? More quests and more game mode

What things would you like to see given attention in the near future? Enemy scaling and dojo!!

Without going into too many details, what are you opinions on any experiences with Warframe Support? They're good and very responsive

Overall, what is your view of Warframe and its business model? I like it, it keeps me coming back and I'm ok with giving them my money as long as they're deliver what game's need

Edited by (PS4)blank_in_black

Spoiler

How many hours are in your profile? - 1200+

Have you taken any long periods of breaks, and if so, how long and why? - A couple of hiatuses when internet was unavailable, but not once by choice.

When did you start playing warframe? - 2014

How many clans in warframe have you been apart of? - Only one, my own ghost clan for myself and friends.

Were you apart of leadership in any of those clans? - I am the clan founder.

If so, aside from direct clan problems, how has the development of the game affected the members? - Activity and incentive to play has diminished due to lack of meaningful content.

Have your views changed over the years? - I've gone from believing Warframe was the savior of online gaming to having a love-hate relationship to feeling like a battered housewife who keeps returning to an abusive husband.

If so was it due to the community, or in game experiences? - In-game experiences as focus shifted from improving the gameplay and story to adding more unnecessary (and often times redundant) items to maintain the illusion that the game is still evolving.

Were you an avid viver/draco player? - No.

What is your favorite game mode, and what is your favorite part of the game? - My favorite mode is survival and my favorite aspects are the dynamic acrobatics and melee combat.

What is your least favorite? - Every aspect of SotR, Archwing, Nullifiers, Eximi, and damage caps.

Do you prefer to play with clan members or public games? - Clan members, I otherwise play solo and only play pubs if I need extra bodies and DPS without a need for real cooperation.

What level missions are you most comfortable with without needing a team of super specific loadouts? - Almost all with the exception of endgame defense and mobile defense.

Do you still have many things to complete/collect in the game? - Yes, I try to collect as many weapons and frames as I can. However, I have completed all quests, syndicates, and unlocked all planets currently available.

What is your opinion on pvp/dark sectors? - N/A

Have Youtubers been a large influence or source of your knowledge about the game? - No.

Do you consider yourself a casual, heavy, or hardcore gamer? - Heavy.

What is your background in gaming in general? (ie: fps, mmorpg, strategy, etc etc) - I've played a lot of online FPS games and MMORPGs, but my favorite genre is style-based hack-n'-slash games like Devil May Cry and Metal Gear Rising.

Compared to other communities in other games, how does warframe compare? - The community is fine, I have no real opinion on it or the communities of other games.

What keeps you playing the game? - It used to be collecting and playing as a kick-arse space ninja, but since SotR I find it hard to log-in even just to do sorties or the occasional catalyst alert.

What do you hope for long term in future updates? - Greater variety of interesting, challenging enemies and mission objectives, fixing the menagerie of bugs and glitches, and expanded, interactive story content.

What things would you like to see given attention in the near future? - Improving the gameplay experience and shifting focus away from adding more items.

Without going into too many details, what are you opinions on any experiences with Warframe Support? - N/A

Overall, what is your view of Warframe and its business model? - A shadow of its former self. The greed and laziness that I've seen ruin other games in the past has set-in and, unless a miracle happens, it is unlikely to change. I don't see myself playing this game a year from now.

Edited by Zenchou

• My longest break from the game was about a week. It was during the end of the semester and I was studying hard for exams.

• March 28th, 2015

• No

• Both of the clans I have been a member of have been in a decline. Never got to experience the hustle and bustle of a thriving clan.

• I still enjoy the game, but I am starting to lose interest since sotr.

• Probably just because I play it too much

• There was a good amount of time I spent leveling my gear because I honestly didn't care about using them.

• When I first started playing this game I fell in love with the unique movement and abilities. I enjoyed how chaotic survival missions were and I would spend hours just surviving and trying to get rare loot. No other game I have played has given me the same satisfaction of murdering hoards of enemies. Those missions are the reason why I have so many hours in this game. But the more I played the game the less satisfying those missions became, and I find that I don't have much reason or motivation to play them anymore. I still enjoy the core mechanics of the game. I enjoy the parkour rework. It has helped make missions more interesting. The recent changes to the void have taken away a lot of the motivation I had to do survival missions, but I still do them just for fun.

• Defense

• Not really about preference, not many people are online in my clan

• Anything but the sorties, can solo most of them but would rather have people to help

• I have to get the kavats still and the new archwing gun but that is it

• I don't like the pvp in this game. The only reason I got to the max rank in it was to get the cosmetics 

• No but the wiki has...

• Heavy

• I used to play a lot of fps, but I am starting to get into mmo's more

• The most friendly I have been a part of

• The will to survive...

• To see more cinematic quests and a resurgence of clans

• Clans, weapons and warframes reworks

Without going into too many details, what are your opinions on any experiences with Warframe Support?

• I have only filed two cases with them and both times were pleasant experiences.

• I appreciate how you can get mostly everything by just spending time playing the game, and if you don't want to spend the time you can just buy it.

Edited by Bradley1119
Accidently posted without finishing

Oh, hey, I'm a veteran with 1,000+ hours. 

According to Steam, approximately 1,220. 

Luck would have it, I'm taking one now. I also took one sometime between U15 and U16. The last one was because I got caught up in another game for a while. This one because I was really burned out and needed some time away to renew my interest.

Roughly February 2014. Right after the launch of U14. 

Only two. I was part of a Shadow Clan for a while, until I joined my current Moon Clan. Haven't felt the need to find another. 

Nope. 

A bit. I used to like the game far more than I do now, and I used to be far more optimistic about the game and its future. Now I'm feeling a little disillusioned. 

It was the direction of recent updates. There is a clear emphasis on adding more and more and more stuff to grind for, while blatant mistakes and extreme balance issues have literally gone unaddressed for years. 

Draco. 

Survival is my favorite game mode. 

My favorite part of the game is the combination of spectacular abilities, the mobility, and melee combat. 

My least favorite game mode is probably either Defense or Exterminate. My least favorite part of the game is the almost complete disregard for balance as a whole. 

I usually prefer to to play either solo or with clan members, but oftentimes end up playing public. 

Sortie level. Which is pretty much the highest I've ever really cared to go. 

I still have the entire Codex to fill out, but I don't have time for that. Not in an "I'm too busy" way, though. It's more like "I could have an infinite supply of time and could not be bothered to fill it out because there's about fifty things I would rather do with that time." 

PvP has never been my cup of tea in any game. Warfame's was interesting, but I still never really play it. 

I watched a few videos when I was still new to the game to learn what a good build looks like, but other than that, not really. 

I don't know that "heavy" is the right word, but "casual" and "hardcore" probably aren't right, either. So we'll go with "heavy". 

RTS and ARPG, for the most part. Also some MMORPG in there. 

It's quite a good community. 

Honestly, this question has me grasping at straws. 

At this point, I think it's the fact that it gives me a reason to stay on the forum. I like forums. 

I hope they do a complete game rebalance at some point or another. Hopefully addressing all the scalability issues and whatnot, and I'd definitely like to see damage values as a whole reduced significantly across the board. Then maybe fewer Warframes would need reworks. 

I'd like to see the reworks finished. Even the really good reworks feel half done or mostly done. 

I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic. It's a fantastic premise, and it's a great game with perhaps unlimited potential, but I'm worried about the future and longevity of the game. I'm worried about the devs pumping out new content instead of trying to fix the game's numerous issues, and most of the recent updates aren't necessarily showing a trend for the better if you ask me. 

Whew. I need to go get some pizza after that post. 

Edited by Gurpgork

1095 in mission hours

A few months after the extremely dissapointing Fomorian event over Christmas, I also mostly skipped the event after that due to it being pretty terrible, thankfully they have stepped up their game since.

Shortly before the survival event on 15 September 2013, so very close to three years ago.

One.

Not really (though I have elevated privileges).

There's a core of regulars and then other people come and go, some stick around some don't. Activity among the veterans is generally on the low side except when an update/event hits. That said a big chunk of the clan is US TZ while I'm in the EU so my impressions about activity might well be off.

Views on what? Afraid the question's not entirely clear to me.

If you mean about the game in general: I do feel trading has cheapened the value of Primes a lot, it also killed any prestige they ever carried and has made regular most versions of Primed gear entirely obsolete (Primes are much easier to acquire through trading than most regular items through normal gameplay) it also nuked any value Mastery Rating ever carried as nowadays it's not even an indication of experience anymore (seen quite a few high MR players who just bought all their stuff with $$$ and then ranked it all on Draco or the likes, the fact that they're overblown rookies tends to become very obvious when you talk to them/see them play). It might possibly have increased income for DE but I personally feel that for the game and the community as a whole it was a negative thing.

I also feel as if forum threads after each update get sourer and sourer, but maybe I'm just getting old.

No. I give every weapon a *real* chance to impress me while I'm leveling it. I have zero weapons I have never fired.

Probably still survival, though the window in which that mode is really fun is a bit too small (after things stop being a cakewalk but before you get into 1HKO territory), it's also the one endless game mode where you can get rather far without "needing" specific frames. (Frost comes to mind)

I always liked the Onslaught mode in UT2k4 and was really bummed when it went away in UT3.

Probably Interception as it tends to be boring as hell (when not soloing, of course). Unless Sorties count, then Sorties, the risk/reward ratio is totally out of whack on those, so they're not really worth bothering with most of the time since the chances that you get everything you need out of a season are pretty close to nil.

I usually play public games (see also the bit about most of my clan being in another TZ than me), though I will obviously help out clanmates.

I solo farmed pretty much all my Prime gear. So solo rotation C on anything T4 is no biggie.

Still one Prime Frame and a few Prime weapons I missed, bunch of mods (obviously) and most weapons that are rewards from Sorties but weren't in an event I participated in. Still gotta catch all codex scans too and now there's a bunch of new star chart nodes I got to unlock.

Could hardly care less. In the "old days" (last millennium) jerks in PvP were the exception, nowadays they're the rule so I avoid online competitive modes like the plague, even in Warframe (I accidentally ended up in a Dark Sector once, that's about as far as my PvP experience goes in Warframe).

No. Only time I used YouTube was to prepare for mastery tests and now that we can do those in the relays I don't always do that anymore.

Pretty heavy gamer, not sure what the difference between heavy and hardcore is.

I play most genres though I no longer have the time to invest heavily into MMOs or anything that requires getting together on a tight schedule (like raiding), that said while I was raiding in WoW I was in one of the top clans on my realm. I've also been avoiding competitive games since a bit after I played UT99 online heavily due to the amount of abuse that has become common.

My main genres would be RPGs and shooters though (if that gives you the impression I think Fallout 4 is a good game you'd be wrong, it's a terrible RPG and an average shooter)

Still a good community, but it has been sliding downhill a bit lately if you ask me. As a Founder I also feel like Council chat has deteriorated quite a bit over the past year or so, which might explain why [DE] are almost never seen talking there anymore. Best game community so far would still be the EVE Online one imho fwiw.

Shooting hordes of enemies, helping newbies and just chatting with people in easy (parts of) missions.

Better shooting of hordes of enemies. Simply put, I hope that they fix the scaling in endless missions so that point at which the difficulty is "just right" lasts longer than 5min or so...and maybe that we can "lock" missions at a certain difficulty and can just keep going until we get bored, might be hard to scale rewards around that though.

The new player experience is still in dire need of help. For myself I'd like another overhaul of the damage system (which would include a fix for the armor problem), I feel Damage 2.0 added way too much complexity for too little gain.

I've only needed support once and they were extremely helpful even though the problem existed between keyboard and chair (though I couldn't fix it myself).

It's still trading time for money, which is very much OK with me.

I will come out and say that I absolutely loathe the Prime Vault though, it creates unnecessary pressure to either spend money on the Vault when it opens, trade with others or farm until it's absolutely no longer fun to get your stuff before the Vault closes. I prefer to toss DE money of my own volition, for cosmetics and stuff not feel forced to spend it or have to wait another year or so for something to pop up again.

Edited by marelooke

On 2-8-2016 at 10:07 PM, Faulcun said:

How many hours are in your profile?   4163 hours

Have you taken any long periods of breaks, and if so, how long and why?   nope.

When did you start playing warframe?   Sometime around August 2013.

How many clans in warframe have you been apart of?  One.

Were you apart of leadership in any of those clans? Nope.

If so, aside from direct clan problems, how has the development of the game affected the members?  Competitive clan in the sense we aim for Gold Trophies during events. Everybody steps up.

Have your views changed over the years? Nope.

If so was it due to the community, or in game experiences?  N/A

Were you an avid viver/draco player?  Nope.

What is your favorite game mode, and what is your favorite part of the game?   Spy. The new Archwing Rush is a close second. Going from A to B really quiet or really fast is what I like.

What is your least favorite?  Defense. See above, staying in A for 20-60 minutes is the complete opposite of what I like. There is no B. Stay at A in what seems forever!

Do you prefer to play with clan members or public games?  Pub.  Those are always directly available, no waiting times.

What level missions are you most comfortable with without needing a team of super specific loadouts?  lvl 30 is a good average for me.

Do you still have many things to complete/collect in the game?  War blueprint to drop. That's it.  Buying HunHow' gift is not the way I want it. (that and the skins are ew)

What is your opinion on pvp/dark sectors?  eh.  I lose interest in PVP in a week or two everytime I try. Like the guy above me said, last millenium pvp jerks were a rarity. Now I have no motivation to bother with competitive gaming anymore if playing with rednecks is apparently the norm.

Have Youtubers been a large influence or source of your knowledge about the game? Nope.

Do you consider yourself a casual, heavy, or hardcore gamer?  Heavy.

What is your background in gaming in general? (ie: fps, mmorpg, strategy, etc etc)  2d/3d action, anything retro, point-n-click, shmups. Racing and fighting games on a casual tourist level.

Compared to other communities in other games, how does warframe compare?  I can't say. Tens of thousands of people play this game. I can't possible rate that as a whole. It helps that it is not mainly a pvp game or I would've left a long time ago.

What keeps you playing the game?  Hoarding behaviour. :p

What do you hope for long term in future updates?  Winning the lottery! j/k   I don't know.

What things would you like to see given attention in the near future?  Better tutorials for new players. The hand-holding type. They really need it, WF becomes more overwhelming as time goes on.

Without going into too many details, what are you opinions on any experiences with Warframe Support?  It's fine. I used them once, got my help in good fashion and very courteous replies, no automated bot messages.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

On 2/8/2016 at 5:07 PM, Faulcun said:

My steam account says 2,297, but I started playing before it got on Steam (I cannot access the game right now).

I took a couple of breaks of 2-4 months during 2014 and 2015. I simply got burnt out by the grind. Nowadays I play a lot less even if I log in every day (some days all I do is log in and out).

December 2012 IIRC. It was closed beta back then.

1, my GLORIOUS clan!

The original founder and most active remaining member.

Out of the 13 members the clan has had throughout its history (never more than 10 at a time), only 2 remain. Myself included.

I'm so much more cynical now. I love the game, but I see a lot of errors being made. Still, I'm sure the devs are doing their best and any criticism I have is always meant to be constructive.

Game experience. I think the community is one of the best I've ever been part of.

Not avid, no, but I used it somewhat often to rank up weapons I didn't want to use (melee mostly).

Spy I think, even though I really enjoy murdering things. My favourite part of the game is fashionframe.

Excavation, hijack and defense. I hate babysitting.

You surely mean "clan member" :P
Depends on the mission tbh, if I'm rushing it I prefer solo; if I'm playing for fun, clan dude; if powerfarming, randoms.

Comfortable? 35ish. I find lv 80s more interesting though.

Only the newest infested weapon. The rest are all built and ranked.
Mods on the other hand... I'm missing quite a few (acolyte mods, kela mods, some primes). All mods I have are either maxed or 8/10.

I don't care for PVP. I'd like Dark Sectors back as long as they don't force PVP, but I'm cool with them offering PVP if they want to.

Not really. Quiette Shy is hilarious though (and she's often right).

I have no idea what I'd consider myself. I don't farm enough to be hardcore, but I'm far from casual.
Since I don't do PVP I know I'd be called something else by some A******s though.

FPS/TPS mostly, western RPGs, sidescrollers... very little strategy (only 40k allowed).

It's friendly as Ruk.

The sunk cost fallacy! Nah, not really. I like the game, customization, guns, mobility, powers, my cat kavat... I really hate the scaling, balance and some of the grind, but I sincerely enjoy the game. Also, I want to know more about the lore.

I hope for a miracle in the form of damage 3.0.

Archwing, endo, underpowered weapons.

Only contacted them once. They were very nice.

T'is alright. Except for vaulting. I despise it. They are unnecessarily removing game content from the game. It's a horrible idea that may give them more money now but it makes the game a lot less welcoming for new/casual/slower players and could hurt the game's longevity.

That was longer than I expected!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2016 at 2:07 PM, Faulcun said:

ow many hours are in your profile?

7077 in profile, 10410 on Steam

No.

May 2013

One.

I've been Warlord for about two years.

Ask them :-)

I don't recall what my views were.

I played Viver briefly, Draco maybe once.

For now I'll say Law Of Retribution, and my favourite part of that is blasting Manics with Redeemer.

Conclave.

Both.

Everything except Law Of Retribution and Jordas Verdict.

Other than the newest batch of Conclave weapon skins, nothing.

They both breed toxicity.  Dark Sectors also breeds collusion.

No.

Without knowing exactly what it is, probably a "heavy" gamer.

Console for decades, then PC.

What other games? :-)

New stuff.

The return of Braton Vandal, and the ability to upgrade my Founder's account.  You did say "hope" after all. :-)

Making the sound of Synoid Simulor less annoying.  Making Blade Storm less brain dead.

More positive than negative.

Well, at this point I think we're all itching for more lore.  Many of us are still waiting for the Focus system to be tweaked/adjusted, 9 months after its introduction.  I'm happy that the game has been successful while still being Free To Play, but the acquisition barriers for some items such as War and Nezha are concerning.

1564 hours as of Sept. 4th, 2016

I have taken several break, each several months long. I do so to focus on real life and because I get tired of the game and don't want to burn-out on it.

April of 2013

I have been a member of two clans and heavily involved in a third.

I am presently leader of a ghost clan. As I have been on furlough that has meant little more than putting up resources for research. Previously, with the clan I was heavily involved in I took measures to teach it's members how to play Warframe and made a point to lead raids so as to teach members how they worked.

On more than one occassion major changes to the game have resulted in many of the people I play with leaving.

I have come to have greater respect for the creative vision of DE over the years. A number of their changes have been personally painful, but my love for the game continually pushes me past any misgivings I might have.

When particularly toxic people would rise up within the community, only to be snuffed out by righteous DE justice, that really put things in perspective for me. Realizing that DE actually cared about their game being an entertaining experience, enough that they would turf some random a-hole for running his mouth one too many times, made me realize that this was core to all of what they were doing.

Coptering was an integral part to my playstyle and I suffered months getting used to maneuvering without it. I still feel like a ninja with a crutch, but I recognize that there are now many more people able to play at a much higher level because the system is just outright better. And so, I recognize that inspite of my temporary discomfort, more people are enjoying the game better because of what they've done.

Never did Viver, but I've done Draco and some other one I don't remember (Excavation). Generally I would do 1 or 2 on days I would play several hours to make sure I got my rep and a good chunk of focus. Also, levelling weapons with goofy mechanics was always a drag so that was a sure reason to run a Draco.

Spy, Survival, and LoR
I particularly enjoy doing the more technical missions where you have to show people how to do it. There is something quite cathartic about training somebody up and having them ace their role in a raid.

Defense or Mobile Defense. They were always a pain to grind because they take so long.

I prefer playing with people I can speak to via 3rd party VOIP.

Depending on how much I've played recently, anywhere from L20 to L60

310/350 equipment. 292/327 completed codex entries. I have quite a bit left to do.

I'm a non-competitive player. While I have taken the time to play them, they are far from my realm of comfort. Regardless, I quite like them.

No. I've played casually with some streamers when I can actually talk to them.

I vary between them. Presently I am casual, though I have oft delved into the hardcore gaming. I would say I'm an addict.

I grew up with gaming as my only hobby. I have played many different genres of game and many different games within each genre. While not exclusive to any, I do have a preference for PVE games.

The Warframe community is golden. I greatly appreciate DE's draconian justice as it seems to have set a precedent against toxic behavior.

Partly that I'm invested, partly that I love the community. A good part of it is that I personally feel a bit like I'm a part of the structure of the game. Though I've had very little input into the development of the game, there is something about intimately knowing what it was before it was what it was.

More story.

I would personally love to see a quantifiable system for balancing the efficacy of weapons in game. I believe a numerical model could be reasonably developed to allow for a much greater level of refinement towards the weapons stats.

Golden. I have a problem, I tell them, they fix it.

I have a lot of respect for the fact that they have consistently remained profitable with a game that allows a players to access all the functional aspects of the game without paying currency.

Several, for months at a time. Displeasure with nerfs/content droughts mostly.

U13, the week after the Nova nerf.

Nope

A large number of people have quit over the years due to increasing grind/BS enemies.

The game certainly feels more tedious now than it did. It also seems to be more profit oriented than before.

Not really. The constant nerf whining has definitely gotten old, though.

Of course.

Pre nerf Excavation for endless, Spy for non-endless. I enjoy min maxing and long endless runs the most.

Most non-endless missions in general, all of Archwing.

No preference really, just competent people that aren't rude.

I regularly run past 100 solo. Much past 200 the armor scaling gets too severe to really do much without certain setups so I'd say 100-150. Anything under 60 is just a snooze fest at this point.

Everything I'm missing is founder/cbt gear, minus 2 event weapons that haven't returned yet. I'm missing the new gunblade stance, the new auras (don't care at all about either) and I haven't finished my Cephalon fragments/Kuria. Gave up Kuria, too frustrating, and I'm just letting the Cephalon fragments come naturally.

I don't generally like any non-FPS arena shooter for shooter PVP. I also hate P2P PVP. Having said that, the old Dark Sector stuff was a lot of fun if not taken too seriously.

Not at all.

Hardcore.

Top 100 world raider, rank 1 arena PVP, tournament level FPS player

Generally, far better, though also far more nerf happy.

Lately, it's been a bit of a struggle to stay interested. I've taken several breaks due to boredom and if we don't get a chunk of new stuff soon I may take another. Most of the things I've enjoyed doing in the past are heavily devalued (long survivals) or outright ruined (excavation).

More story, expanded lore. More frames/weapons. Higher quality reworks (Excal/Frost/Rhino vs Mag/Saryn/Trinity for example, no contest). More content focused around the Orokin empire (Lua, for example, is great). Umbras to come before I die of old age. A vastly improved new player experience, general grind reduction. Better enemies (more Manics and Bursas, less Nullifiers).

Companions balanced, and that does not mean nerfing Carrier. Dagger/Dual Dagger/Machete buffs, new stances for hammers, polearms, dual swords. Exalted melee not scaling as well as regular melee and two of them being objectively worse than regular melee in raw strength and quality of life. More deluxe skins. More sortie tier content, in addition to continuing to roll out quests regularly. Everything and the kitchen sink, basically.

By far the best I've had in general. I once spent more than 4 hours solving a very basic problem over the phone with support with another company, the 3-4 times I've needed to interact with WF support the responses have been fairly quick and definitely helpful. I genuinely feel like their support staff actually want to help you with your issues, rather than phoning it in for a paycheck. I would extend that to the devs in general, even if I don't always agree with their decisions.

I like the game, though generally less over time. The ever increasing grind is growing a bit tiresome, and the way many things have been implemented feel legitimately unfair to me as a player. Nitain, Kavat acquisition, Archwing slots, the Prime Vault, constant nerfs and sky rocketing resource costs feel decidedly scummy to me. DE has to be making more money than ever and it feels like they're starting to nickel and dime us more than before. I also feel like they're devoting a lot of resources to content that has very limited appeal in game (PVP, Archwing, Trials to name 3 off the top of my head).

Yes, several times I have taken extended breaks to play other games.  The longest was at mastery 12 when that was the max.  I did everything there was todo in the game.  Got every weapon/mod/etc.  I stopped playing except to qualify for event rewards for 9 months to a year.  I am on the verge of another very long break since I have reached that point again.

Several months before Rhino Prime was released.

Yes.  Still am.

Only two of us are still active.

Yes.  I have been very 'along for the ride' for most of it.  But the recent changes have caused me to speak up on the forums.

Game play experiences.

No.  I did grind focus at Draco during one of my off periods where I would just log in, build a forma, get focus and log out.  I hated it, but it was quick and got the job done.  Would usually watch TV on my second monitor.

Spy missions, Sorties, Raids.  I used to like experimenting as I worked on other goals.  Once nullifiers got added to the void I stopped using all but a couple frames and guns.

Nullifiers.  Unavoidable Auras.  Getting one-shot.  Extremely poor feedback on what exactly killed you.

Both.  I have different uses for each.

Everything but raids.

Nothing that's obtainable anyway.

Pvp here is clunky and feels inconsistent.  I play other games for my PVP buzz.  My clan has trouble having all members active at once so Dark sectors are nothing more than credit farms to us.

Zero influence.

Probably hardcore.  I love mastering skill based mechanics.

Space flight combat simulation.  Action.  RTS, FPS.

Probably the friendliest community I have seen.  Particularity if you don't count the forums.

Updates.  It feels like there will be something to do with all the equipment I maxed out.

Long term I want a repeatable campaign that is a summation of all events and quests in chronological order from the beginning of warframe.

I want a lot more archwing.  Step one would be to give archwing a point.  Like 'hey I need endo, lets go play archwing.'  The current archwing rewards are terrible, and do not help you in the main game at all.

I would like to see an openworld concept where you can fly your ship around and entering a mission would be you deploying your liset and flying to the mission.  Imagine if you came across a Grineer and Corpus capital ship fighting it out.  You could choose to run a mission type on either ship.  Exterminate the crew of one ship causing it to get boarded.  Run a survival or spy to steal from them.  Or flat out help one destroy the other.  Your mission reward would be based on what you did and who won.  There of course would also be oddities to find outside of missions, and special unannounced alerts that you find by puttering around.

Capital ship battles where lisets are fighters as a game mode.

Clan Capital ships facing down a formorian.

I miss the old void because you could say 'Hosting t4 D 60 waves' and very quickly you would get several people who were ready to dig in and fight the good fight.  With extended endless runs now being meaningless I very rarely fight with people of that high caliber or drive anymore.  Frankly that was one the main things that kept me playing warframe.  The game needs non-pointless endless missions.  I may have hated farming these missions for a 5% drop at 20mins, but I liked playing them.

One experience.  A bit slow, but it got resolved with no issues.

Good enough.  It got me to support the game several times.  However, many of the recent changes (mainly the loss of endless missions, and my ever-burning hatred of nullifers) have kinda killed my desire to play for a while.

Over 1000

Yes, a few months. Was extremely by the failboat sniper rework, still salty about it :(.

About 2 years ago

Yes, my current clan which I made.

Can't say, players come and go. My own clan is relatively new.

Nope, pretty much if I think about all the issues that have been presented, my views haven't changed. But this is rather vague without me talking about the issues. The game was never in a "perfect" state for me to begin with and many of what I consider imperfections are still in play (energy system, melee system). Lack of viability for shields even with arcane barrier / aegis, still get 1 shot. But I feel like in time DE will address all these points, or the game will remain as it is :(.

Not so. I actually had issues with the old movement system and after it got reworked I'm a lot happier. Still there were some movements in the old system that were pretty cool and it's sad to see them gone (running along walls).

I did play Viver when it was viver, but not so much draco.

Favorite game mode(s) are spy and survival / excavation (though I dislike that in excavation we have to defend things). As for favorite part of the game, weapon customization, huge selection of weapons. Warframes come after, and also how cool everything looks in game. As someone who is utterly tired of the fantasy genre having a sci-fi game such as wf is very refreshing, even after 2+ years.

Any defensive game mode I honestly dislike. Defense / mobile defense / interception / even excavation which I enjoy, I don't like that we have to defend. Any defense mission requires a certain defensive squad, this limits frame choice greatly.

No preference

Depends on the mission, I like to play Banshee with Vectis / lex and a melee. Generally I can do any mission, but at higher levels (30+) defense becomes difficult solo with such a load out. I'd say lvl 100 which are the sorties is the starting point where specific load outs become important because a lv 100 enemy will 1-shot banshee.

No.

I like the PvP gameplay, I love what they've done with it. But without dedicated servers it is meaningless. Competitive modes like PvP are frustrating when I join a game with 300 ping and can't hit anything despite it standing still on my screen. Right now PvP is a test of patience more so than anything else due to the rampant latency issues.

No, don't know / watch / follow any youtubers when it comes to WF.

I'm a hardcore gamer.

All of the above.

It's about the same despite what people think. There's young and old, mature and immature.

I like the gameplay.

A lot of things. Balance, better melee system, better archwing response to control inputs, shield gating, damage 3.0, more interesting weapons. Weapon reworks, certain warframe reworks or adjustments. New mission types, more AW content and integration into normal missions. Changes to nullifiers, a better sniper rework and the list goes on.

Refer to list above.

My personal experience with warframe support has been always very positive. Sometimes they are backlogged and might respond a bit slow but otherwise they're great.

The game is free to play, and for the most part it is, which I like. The only things players ever need platinum for are slots. Platinum can be acquired in-game but ultimately someone had to have purchased it. On a more in-depth look, I wish instead of platinum we just could charge a wallet so I wouldn't have to log in through steam to buy tennogen cosmetics.

How many hours are in your profile? 1350

Have you taken any long periods of breaks, and if so, how long and why? Nope

When did you start playing warframe? Around a year ago.

Were you apart of leadership in any of those clans? Yes.

If so, aside from direct clan problems, how has the development of the game affected the members? Some nerfs annoyed away most people in my clan from daily playing.

Have your views changed over the years? In general - yeah. About game - i didn't finish first year yet.

If so was it due to the community, or in game experiences? Community is mostly good. But to DEvs i have some bad things to say.

Were you an avid viver/draco player? Yes. Was a good place to farm keys and exp.

What is your favorite game mode, and what is your favorite part of the game? I love most of game modes, most of they are fun!

What is your least favorite? In normal mode - capture and boss fights(since disabling of stopping abilities on boss type mobs). In Archwing mode - everything.

Do you prefer to play with clan members or public games? Clan members, they are my friends.

What level missions are you most comfortable with without needing a team of super specific loadouts? Comfortable? 15-20 But for harder fun i can go up to 135+.

Do you still have many things to complete/collect in the game? Not so much but new content is coming soon!

What is your opinion on pvp/dark sectors? No opinion on dark sectors as i never did pvp for them. In general pvp is what i hate and ignore.

Have Youtubers been a large influence or source of your knowledge about the game? Influence - no. Information - yes.

Do you consider yourself a casual, heavy, or hardcore gamer? It depends on my mood very much.

What is your background in gaming in general? (ie: fps, mmorpg, strategy, etc etc) fps(since doom1/2), rpg, strategy, mmorpg, sandboxes.

Compared to other communities in other games, how does warframe compare? Community is good. Yeah, here are some guys making salt to do nerfs, i disagree with them. But still most of community is good and kind.

What keeps you playing the game? Fun. When DE takes fun out i play less those frames.

What do you hope for long term in future updates? What do i hope? Good question! I hope for buffs to weaker frames and weapons. And for more attention from DE to community.

What things would you like to see given attention in the near future? 1) Bugs 2) Weak frames 3) Balance things UP.

Without going into too many details, what are you opinions on any experiences with Warframe Support? Support is kind but very evasive. They don't have direct contact to developers and that is bad.

Overall, what is your view of Warframe and its business model? Currently business model got a bit bad. I don't like "Make-Sell-Nerf shortly after sell" model.

As of posting, 2486

Couple weeks a year over the holidays.   Time for family and friends, not games.

May 7th, 2014.   Around then end of Tethra's Doom event.

No.

As its gotten more complicated as more things are introduced, for new players there was not a clear path of progression.   Caused issues.

Yes.  Became a bit less helpful and more jaded.

Both.  Players seem less up to the challenge would rather weaken the game.

Sometimes.   I liked them for the mission itself.   Not a fan of the take 2 and hold squads.   Nothing against them either, just not for me.

Solo survival on ODS with only heavy melee weapons.

LoR.   Musical chairs and power spam for Tenno.

About the same for both.  Solo mostly.

100ish.

No, only Spira P, some archwing weapons and newer mods.

Enjoy Dark Sectors for leveling even with meh rewards.  PVP isn't part of the game as far as I am concerned.

Yes, they keep up far more than I do.  Only recently bothered looking at the forum aside from when I had some sort of issue.   So they were my only source of news aside from the feed in Ordis, Wikia, and what I saw myself.

Casual/Heavy

Played them all to try.   Prefer games like Mechwarrior, World of Tanks, Driving games.   Warframe really first FPS I enjoyed.

Solid, better than most, but divided.  Some polarizing issues in the game.  I think the forum is a very small minority of the players of the game.

The content being updated,  appealing gameplay and appearance.   Also, am a collector, so like to have them all.

Much more high end content.  A further simplification of the "career" path for new players up to a certain level where they are guided a bit.

High end content.  Something to make me pay attention right at spawn.  Not yawn for  30 minutes before it gets interesting.   Sortie 3 level opponents would be a nice starting place.

Have not really had contact with them that I can remember.   

One of the if not the best in the business.   A game a player can play completely free and have no disadvantage over a paying player other than the speed of progression.   Only two things in the game require plat, slots and some appearance items.   Plat can actually be earned through trading.  So again, free. The only two things that require actual cash are prime access and tennogen items.  And again, neither required to play.   Yet, they still offer purchase options to make the game faster and smoother for those that can afford it.   To be honest, it still amazes me the shere amount of content they offer a free player as long as they invest the time.