Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fusion Simplified: Part 1

[DE]Rebecca

9 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

I mean, I'm happy about the simplification and all, but man. Another unique resource and system that have no ties to anything else in the game?

Did you ever play Firefall? That game is/was the *king* of currencies.

The first part alone will make a huge difference, but I'm really hoping that the second part makes a system that some how makes collecting the stuff more predictable and reliable. There is a YouTuber I used to watch that basically said that anyone who couldn't max out every mod easily was a lazy casual and had no right to complain because they weren't willing to put in the work to get the cores and that he had a minimum of like 1000 R5 cores in his inventory at all times. And yeah, that probably is easy if you play 8 hours a day, 7 days a week and are willing to farm Excavation missions non-stop with dedicated pro-level Excavation teams. But not all of us can or want to play that way.

Definitely not saying it should just be handed to me, I want to play the game to get what I need to rank up mods. But I mean actually playing the game and being reliably rewarded with a reasonable amount of the stuff without being to boringly farming Excavation missions ad nauseam for long periods of time that would likely cause burn out for most people because it's really the only viable rate of acquisition for the nearly 20k R5 cores just to rank the R10 mods in the game. And yes, I know some of the R10 mods aren't worth ranking up but you are still looking at a huge number, especially since half of that is Primed Mods and there's only 2 Primed Mods that are questionable in terms of being worth ranking up. And once you factor out ones not worth ranking and then factor in things like duplicate weapon mods for use in Sentinel weapons and dealing with partially ranking multiple versions of certain R10 mods to varying ranks for build reasons, you are probably not a whole lot lower to where it would make a significant difference.

Edited by Ceryk

7 hours ago, xelectrowolfx said:

In terms of conversion rates, what can we expect say 10 R5 fusion cores to become in the form of endo? And how much endo will be required to take a Primed mod to R10?

Probably the same amount that 10 R5 Fusion cores would upgrade. This doesn't look like a change in the rate of upgrading mods, merely how we upgrade them.

7 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Any partial upgrades will be refunded with equivalent Endo - so if you're like me and just haven't fully maxed that Primed Mod yet, your partial fusion won't be wasted.

So what does this mean for the mods that we have that are already maxed out?

20 minutes ago, .-KG-..-Ragulab-. said:

I wish we could convert our duplicate mods (serration, pressure point etc) to endo

YEAH WOULDN'T THAT BE GREAT

7 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

All duplicate Mods can now be simply converted into Endo

WOW THEY ALREADY DID IT

Just please consider newer players with this system. Don't base the numbers on people like that guy with over 14k gold fusion cores. I am still irritated by the 7k oxium for the Vaubon Prime Chassis especially after the nerf to oxium farming which made this extremely rough on newer players like myself that did not have tens of thousand oxium stored up.

45 minutes ago, Lyravain said:

So long as the Endo we gain from fusion cores and duplicate mods is equal to how much we would have gotten from the system we have now, I'm all for it :D

You should also want to know HOW much it will take with the new system. What if 25% more endo to max a Prime mod after the changes?

9 hours ago, Haldos said:

Looks like it's going to simplify the fusing process. No more tiers to track down, just use them.

@[DE]Rebecca Don't need an answer now if it hasn't been processed through the team, but I'd be interested in hearing how this changes Legendary cores. Will they remain as they are, a core card, or will they be converted into a special kind of Endo?

also, what happens to the difference between bronze, silver and gold fusion cores, and maybe even ancient cores :P they're collectors items, what will happen to them?

Why "ENDO" though....We have nice "fusion core" everyone got used to.   I mean ...Really.  Why change name ?  You trying to make things easy...And "Fusion core" is the best and easiest name for such resource. Its pretty obvious too.

Just ask someone on the street "What do we use to FUSE our mods? A) Fusion cores   B) Endo."            And see what people answer.

I like new system....But that "endo"....meh. It doesn't fit imo.

I really hope we get some means of marking mods as disposable fusion fodder so that they're automatically converted (I'm looking at you sentinel mods).

It's going to be a pain having to go through my entire collection every few days and manually turning duplicates into endo.

5 hours ago, Eathian said:

Is endo a cold fusion joke?

IT'S.... Endothermic reaction time!!!

Wikipedia quote:  The term endothermic process describes a process or reaction in which the system absorbs energy from its surroundings[...].

Edited by Arniox
added science!