The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Theoretically, why are there no "heavy set" warframes yet?

(XBOX)DerangedMime00

Ok I am really curious as to why DE has avoided creating a more heavy set warframe due to the fact we already have very tall, very short, straight, out-of-the-closet, etc. so it makes me wonder why they have not created a Sumo themed frame or something along those lines. Don't get me wrong here not adding insult nor injury just wondering why DE have not thought of one yet. What do you guys think on this; would it not be fun to have a more "rotund" character in game kicking some serious....clem?

onion_knight_meme_by_praisebeelzebub-da2

Ad note: Take this guy pictured above. He may have been a bit of a laugh at first...until you see him solo a Giant which became a rather epic moment. ;)

If I remember correctly someone actually brought up this discussion a couple months back and lets just say the feedback was rather salty with PC coming up as a lot of peoples reason as too why they shouldn't create and add them, Even if there is a great mechanic based around the warframe. 

But in the end it's all up too DE to decide.

Edited by Eggplants

Can't really tell you. We're not the developers lol.
More specifically we're not the Art Team / Directors (Mynki, Ron, or Mat) for the game.

If we're talking purely theoreticals, well you got your answers here already from a few users here.
One example:

1 minute ago, Inarticulate said:

Even with mechanically and magically augmented physical strength, you can't get around the fact that added bulk restricts the rotation angles of your joints by the simple fact that it gets in the way.

In addition, a bulky frame would require more augmentation to its physical strength to achieve the same performance as a lighter frame by virtue of having more mass to move, and a bulky frame runs the risk of the structures it stands on simply not having the structural integrity to hold its weight.

If you want my opinion, I'm not against or for any kind of design suggestion persay, I just want a Warframe that works [aesthetically] with the game.
I usually take fan ideas/suggestions with a grain. Since that's all it is, a fan idea, fiction, etc.

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

when i think fast  ninja I think really fat guy...........wait.

this is such a dumb question. 

a big warframe would be a hindrance not a asset. It would be slower, a bigger target to hit and not be able to fit though all those tight places etc. 

No one links 'killing  war-machine' with fat guy XD  we have bulky/muscle frames those are great.  

Even with mechanically and magically augmented physical strength, you can't get around the fact that added bulk restricts the rotation angles of your joints by the simple fact that it gets in the way.

In addition, a bulky frame would require more augmentation to its physical strength to achieve the same performance as a lighter frame by virtue of having more mass to move, and a bulky frame runs the risk of the structures it stands on simply not having the structural integrity to hold its weight.

5 minutes ago, Ryddem said:

I fail to see what grenade launchers has to do with adding obese ninjas.

Well, the "out-of-topic" aspect basically. Besides, fat ninjas did exist, like fat martial artists. I'm really neutral on this, maybe a fat warframe could give a really amazing design and fresh gameplay inspiration, compatible with ninjas spirit. Wich could be far more "relevant" than...well, grenade launchers, for example. I don't know if i'm very clear actually.

Edited by Stonehenge

1 minute ago, Stonehenge said:

I'm really neutral on this, a fat warframe could be give a really amazing design and fresh gameplay inspiration, compatible with ninjas spirit. 

Could it really? Can you name them?

Are any of them valid, and not just excuses to have a fat frame for the sake of representing a particular body type?

Edited by AdunSaveMe

Anyways, one good reason I think is logistics wise is that the "bigger" the body the more resources it would be required to build and maintain. It would be easier to give a unit or a person the same type and size of clothing to cut down the expense. I would guess since the tenno were some sort of military force then that normally a military force would want a body that is in top psychical shape in a sense. Tenno are also possibly portrayed as being a special force like the rangers or whatever the military unit that goes in enemy territory and cause havoc. Since there are spaceships and we enter through vents almost all of the time, I would assume the creators would want a slim body as some of the post above stated to allow the warframe to enter ship without a hassle with the vents and still maintain the element of surprise. The other thing is that from what I learned from the lore on the Orokin is that they like their Greek statues and a warframe created by them not in sync with their taste would be shunned upon or something. Well that is all I have to say and hopefully I did not go overboard and all.

Edited by [DE]Taylor
removed talk about locking

Just now, AdunSaveMe said:

Could it really? Can you name them?

Ah, historical characters you mean ? No, just dudes i saw in museum or good historical books. But, if you really want to see an actual fat martial artist, Mikhail Ryabko is a good candidat.