Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Index Preview: Hotfix #4

[DE]Megan

• Removed the unintended Slash Status chance on the Caustacyst projectile. It now deals purely Corrosive damage as intended (not a Slash weapon) and the 3x damage multiplier from the charged attack remains the same.

Ouch, sadly it was powerfull enjoyable stylish cursed staff for Necro, ty for good memory:(

1 minute ago, Arniox said:

lol. I actually didn't like the weapon. I like interesting strats. But completely relying on charge attacks to do heaps of damage made me go off the weapon.

Tried shooting rockets up into the sky in an open area with the Ogris, the Kulstar or the Angstrum, then redirecting them into enemies with navigator? It's not extremely effective, but it is fun.

52 minutes ago, Orthelius said:

unknown.png

Thank god they fixed Mag.

Alright, evening Tenno! Time to listen to my inner thoughts - but to avoid being a broken record I'm going to have a section on bugs I've found and would like to draw attention to, as well as things I would like to see changed (note, I am not advising anybody at DE, I doubt anything I say affects Anything).

So, my lofty ideas this patch:

First of all I would like to say that I run Raids a lot, and have done for the past few months (quite successfully I might add) - and in this time I have found that more than half of the Arcanes I find are almost completely worthless to my playstyle and builds. As such, I imagine an 'Arcane Randomises' might just do the trick. In essence, this would allow Raid veterens to boil down worthless Arcanes, for a chance to create great ones. For example, by sacrificing 3 Arcane Deflections (bleh) it may give a chance to give another Arcane, this would be completely random. but would still allow the chance to get something good, from items we truly cannot sell, or use.

So, as the bugs go I have encountered three major ones I would like to address:

In a Law of Retribution Raid, enemies failed to appear on the first mission and the last mission out of the three. For those not familiar with the Raid, mission 3 needs enemies in order to allow players to finish - it is Vital as the enemies spawn with a bomb, that must be collected in order to advance. As none of the enemies appeared, this was an impossible mission.
(This goes hand in hand with the Disruptor drones on Nightmare mode that still have no effect, other than obnoxiously wide bubbles that serve to irritate and nothing more).

Furthermore, on numerous occasions I have encountered a bug where I have been rendered unable to aim glide, and use my melee weapon. As I almost only play Valkyr at this point, she is all I have noticed this bug on - however I am unable to replicate it effectively and cannot confirm if it happens on Valkyr only. All I know, is that it seems to involve being knocked down, so appears to be an animation cancelling gone horribly wrong. Only death fixes this bug that causes my Warframe to twitch violently, at the press of E.
(Valkyr's Bonds have also been removed from the Market and cannot be found in her Appearance section of the Arsenal for players who did not already own them.

Finally, and I personally have not encountered this bug - players have on numerous occasions reported being stuck in the End of Mission screen, unable to quit without using alt+F4 to completely close the client. I have encountered a similar bug however, though it may not be related, whereby I had a profile stuck in the background of my screen, however I had access to chat, and access to the market through [itemname] links. This too, was only solved with a complete shut down of the client.

I hate to log in here. but I Had to do it to say NO to this. JUST NO.

that would be potetially exchanging 3 deflections for another deflection. and such recommendation of an implement I have to say feels plain $&*&*#(%& to be honest.
Better ask for something along those lines, BUT @ LEAST ACTUALLY PROMISING. 

Like, what? Paying a cred fee to just re-roll A SINGLE one into another one? or at least anything that either promises an upgrade over what one had (+ asking for an important fee for it. gotta be realistic n' keep it grindy aint we? ) or something really random and hence potentially even worse than what was hold on the beggining, but @ almost 0 cost (or a stupid[-not over 15k?-] cred fee, as I said in the beggining).

1 hour ago, Orthelius said:

Furthermore, on numerous occasions I have encountered a bug where I have been rendered unable to aim glide, and use my melee weapon. As I almost only play Valkyr at this point, she is all I have noticed this bug on - however I am unable to replicate it effectively and cannot confirm if it happens on Valkyr only. All I know, is that it seems to involve being knocked down, so appears to be an animation cancelling gone horribly wrong. Only death fixes this bug that causes my Warframe to twitch violently, at the press of E.

think this is related to mesa's bug, which has been reported on the forum for 2 years and hasn't been fixed. i've seen sporadic reports about valkyr too. trying to quick melee or switch to melee causes the animation to just stop partway. perhaps related to frames that have a "weapon" ultimate with cc immunity like hysteria and peacemaker. i've only noticed it when i join a game, not when i host. might be a latency thing causing the program to bug out somehow and think you're not supposed to use your normal melee weapon.

58 minutes ago, JesterTheNight said:

Ouch, RIP Caustacyst.

DE got so much praise from youtubers for this weapon, making an alternative to crit weapons, a weapon with interesting mechanics... and they nerf it, LOL.

Right?! This is the Miter multishot bug all over again.

The bug allowed the weapon to perform well at high levels without being overpowered, with almost unanimously positive feedback from players (notice the huge lack of "Caustacyst needs to be toned down" threads from the past week, or the "Miter needs to be toned down" threads from during the glitch). But god forbid a balanced weapon continue to exist because its functionality isn't technically what the devs expected.

I mean, I get that balancing and bug fixes are important. But there are (rare) occasions where happy accidents occur, so sometimes it might be better to just leave them be.

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

The Index Preview: Hotfix #4

Dedicated Server Changes & Fixes

• Improved Dedicated Server matchmaking! This should also help alleviate players being put into empty Dedicated Server sessions. 

Sorry DE this still has not been fixed. I tried conclave right now and I still get into empty lobbies. I tried 10 times and the lobbies are always empty. Also when I try to host my own dedicated server, I still get:

Discarding packet with invalid signature from: x.x.x.x:4955

So it seems people try to connect with my server but they cant (although all ports are open)

Please fix again

1 hour ago, JesterTheNight said:

Ouch, RIP Caustacyst.

DE got so much praise from youtubers for this weapon, making an alternative to crit weapons, a weapon with interesting mechanics... and they nerf it, LOL.

@(*()$ youtubers need to get their S#&$ real, and stop showing off weapons full potential. This is one more weapon nerfed because of youtubers and their "look at me, i am decoy for massive nerf" logic. Why they cant just say "yeah, its good weapon, use it" and THE @(*()$ END. Why it always must be showing off in simulacrum, with builds and tips how to "hack" this game etc...why? 

DE, the Caustacyst was an alternative to the current 'Crit does best' bias (which is why ALL weapons that have less than 15% crit chance are instantly in the bin, including all Status weapons if they don't pack a punch (such as Tigris (P) ) ), can we see it get slash damage as part of it rather than just removing it's potential?

I'll have to check on it's viability now that it can do no slash...

25 minutes ago, Shy0 said:

think this is related to mesa's bug, which has been reported on the forum for 2 years and hasn't been fixed. i've seen sporadic reports about valkyr too. trying to quick melee or switch to melee causes the animation to just stop partway. perhaps related to frames that have a "weapon" ultimate with cc immunity like hysteria and peacemaker. i've only noticed it when i join a game, not when i host. might be a latency thing causing the program to bug out somehow and think you're not supposed to use your normal melee weapon.

I had this happen while playing Rhino once during an Acolyte encounter. I was never able to reproduce it and I have no idea what triggered it.

1 hour ago, Orthelius said:

unknown.png

Thank god they fixed Mag.

Alright, evening Tenno! Time to listen to my inner thoughts - but to avoid being a broken record I'm going to have a section on bugs I've found and would like to draw attention to, as well as things I would like to see changed (note, I am not advising anybody at DE, I doubt anything I say affects Anything).

So, my lofty ideas this patch:

First of all I would like to say that I run Raids a lot, and have done for the past few months (quite successfully I might add) - and in this time I have found that more than half of the Arcanes I find are almost completely worthless to my playstyle and builds. As such, I imagine an 'Arcane Randomises' might just do the trick. In essence, this would allow Raid veterens to boil down worthless Arcanes, for a chance to create great ones. For example, by sacrificing 3 Arcane Deflections (bleh) it may give a chance to give another Arcane, this would be completely random. but would still allow the chance to get something good, from items we truly cannot sell, or use.

So, as the bugs go I have encountered three major ones I would like to address:

In a Law of Retribution Raid, enemies failed to appear on the first mission and the last mission out of the three. For those not familiar with the Raid, mission 3 needs enemies in order to allow players to finish - it is Vital as the enemies spawn with a bomb, that must be collected in order to advance. As none of the enemies appeared, this was an impossible mission.
(This goes hand in hand with the Disruptor drones on Nightmare mode that still have no effect, other than obnoxiously wide bubbles that serve to irritate and nothing more).

(Valkyr's Bonds have also been removed from the Market and cannot be found in her Appearance section of the Arsenal for players who did not already own them.

Finally, and I personally have not encountered this bug - players have on numerous occasions reported being stuck in the End of Mission screen, unable to quit without using alt+F4 to completely close the client. I have encountered a similar bug however, though it may not be related, whereby I had a profile stuck in the background of my screen, however I had access to chat, and access to the market through [itemname] links. This too, was only solved with a complete shut down of the client.

thanks for telling me about the update seeing as how I cant play because the game cant update for me I needed to know about this new update.