Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

R.I.P sorties

ThunderZsolt

1. Forma bp takes like 1 or 2 relic run with junk relics to get.

2. Veteran players (including myself) have hundreds of each resource needed to craft a forma (and while we are at it, lots of nitain too)

3. Sure, it is built, YAY! Still only able to get 2 each 24 hours, but still not worth choosing over 2k endo (you can faster forma way faster)

4. Sorties are supposed to be "endgame" for veteran players.

I can foresee the change, where you can get only endo 2 times in a row (question: meaning that you can get riven mods only 2 times in a row too? both are common) only to get even worse rewards.

P.S.: switching the exilus adapter to exilus adapter blueprint was also a nice change, and documented in the patch notes too

At least i have more time to play other games ^.^

Sorties were dead for a long time. I thought Riven mods would change that but the horrible loot table prevents that from happening.

This is pretty solid evidence  that game developers don't play the game themselves and have absolutely no idea how frustrating it is to invest certain amount of time and effort into something without getting any proper reward.

18 minutes ago, BBOTAA said:

It was so simple...
Just remove the 2k endo...
Replace it with a arcanes, or the boosters or something usefull,adjust the weights,done.
But nope, just throw in junk like forma and nitain in the reward pool and dilute it more.
Ty..

I would love it if they put arcanes in it instead. but they have ignored arcanes existing for ages now. 

because people complained about 2k endo, they reduced the drop chance of it and filled it with more trash instead. I have no idea why though, they seem to be failing at listening to the majority of their players. 

it's like how with the war within/ riven mods etc -- so far they have ignored most peoples gripes and constructive feed back and have only read the few posts that are like 'it's 120% prefect best game everrr!' posts. 

17 minutes ago, morningstar999 said:

I would love it if they put arcanes in it instead. but they have ignored arcanes existing for ages now. 

because people complained about 2k endo, they reduced the drop chance of it and filled it with more trash instead. I have no idea why though, they seem to be failing at listening to the majority of their players. 

it's like how with the war within/ riven mods etc -- so far they have ignored most peoples gripes and constructive feed back and have only read the few posts that are like 'it's 120% prefect best game everrr!' posts. 

It's just what they do, shrug.

Remember when people complained about too many forma in the void, so they replaced them worse rewards like Orokin cells?

A lot of their systems seem more like gambling than gaming, sometimes you come away with a sense of loss.

5 minutes ago, pauli133 said:

Forma blueprints have never been the limiting factor. The build time is what keeps people from getting forma. The sortie rewarding fully built forma is why it's both signficant and good.

If I'm going to be limited to getting maybe 1 every 24 hours I may as well get the bp from relics and be building them myself.

Edited by Madway7

I haven't done sorties since this change.  Wont do sorties until they make it fair.  Wait 24 hours to get Nitain?  I thought Sorties were supposed to give out decent rewards.  :/

Edit: No.  If you put Arcanes in then you TOTALLY remove any reason for anyone to do ANY of the raid content.  If you want Arcanes join a Raid Schoolbus dudes.

people seems to forget they are trying to add long end game content in the way of riven mods(you ask the reason:they are limiting them to 15 totals and they are RNG and able to Recycle with resources sink)they are are not going to gift them like candy, even if they only have 3 rewards you are not going to get a riven 1/3 of the time

saying stuffs like "i dont need forma/endo/potatos/etc" doesnt work since the mission is aimed to every MR4+ who have completed the requirements so they have to cater to a wide variety of players not just you or the so called "veterans" even if they are entitled and claim the sorties were "made for them"

Edited by salubri

2 hours ago, achromos said:

I haven't done sorties since this change.  Wont do sorties until they make it fair.  Wait 24 hours to get Nitain?  I thought Sorties were supposed to give out decent rewards.  :/

Edit: No.  If you put Arcanes in then you TOTALLY remove any reason for anyone to do ANY of the raid content.  If you want Arcanes join a Raid Schoolbus dudes.

Your loss.  Enough of the player base is happy enough with the rewards.   Sorties, at least to me, are the most entertaining mission in the game, regardless of the rewards.   The current system is better

Arcanes are not a good enough of a reason to play a Raid.   Much rather they put Arcanes in sorties as well.   No sense in making them exclusive to Raids when a fraction of a fraction of the player base (including Vets) like Raids enough to play them.  Not sure that even those that play them even like them except for the excessive rewards they give.  And for those that do Raids, if Arcanes were added to Sorties its a shot at getting another Arcane per day alongside the ones they get from a Raid.   The only reason that fraction  doesn't want them in other places is they are scared it would devalue their hoards of Arcanes.    Adding them to sorties might actually make other players want to play in Raids.  

Riven mods shouldn't have dropped from Sorties, or at the very least players should have had other less-RNG, less gamble-y options to obtain Riven mods (e.g. challenge, clan research, Spy missions in Kuva Fortress, hell maybe add them to Derelict I don't care just do something about that sad lonely place). While it's still true that 2k endo was disproportionately weighted on drop table, I feel like the complaints about latest Sorties drops aren't really about 2k endo. Recent Sorties changes were good overall, but Riven mods still need another way to drop (something I feel DE should have planned in TWW instead of a bomb drop) as they overshadow pretty much everything else on the table except maybe Legendary Core. 

I'm honestly not sure what Sorites is supposed to be at this point other than "it's something vets do and now it's gated behind TWW quest" and maybe that's why people start suggesting to dump anything vaguely desirable or rare like Arcanes into its tables. 

3 hours ago, pauli133 said:

Forma blueprints have never been the limiting factor. The build time is what keeps people from getting forma. The sortie rewarding fully built forma is why it's both signficant and good.

Wait, you are using more than 7 forma each week? That is like maxing 2 new weapons...

2 hours ago, salubri said:

people seems to forget they are trying to add long end game content in the way of riven mods(you ask the reason:they are limiting them to 15 totals and they are RNG and able to Recycle with resources sink)they are are not going to gift them like candy, even if they only have 3 rewards you are not going to get a riven 1/3 of the time

saying stuffs like "i dont need forma/endo/potatos/etc" doesnt work since the mission is aimed to every MR4+ who have completed the requirements so they have to cater to a wide variety of players not just you or the so called "veterans" even if they are entitled and claim the sorties were "made for them"

And that is why i won't play sorties, because it becomes more and more clear, that the MR4 players are the target audience. But the sad thing is, that the only stuff i've played were sorties daily, and some endurance survivals or frissure alerts at the weekend.

At this point, i might only play 1-2 times a month, and i think that other players are feeling the same. I have a friend who started playing less than a month ago, (MR13 right now) and even he is disappointed at the reward changes.

3 hours ago, salubri said:

Yeah, isn't it funny how once Sorties where supposed to be the endgame?

With a MR lock of 4 there is no way that could be true and now DE has to reward ppl who make a party for every "free" Forma they get and ppl who already have done everything the game offers (including formaing everything 4-8 times).

MR4 players have to do so much new stuff other than the supposed "endgame" but DE wanted to give everything to everyone.

The cherry on the top is that I've yet to see a Riven mod with a lock lower than 8.

Finally got a riven mod from the sortie. And it is a stradavar riven(MR 16 mediocre mod), which I already got a better one after completing the TWW quest. The other riven I got from sorties was a vulklok(sentinel weapon) mod. Even if they make a proper loot table, you still need RNG on your side to get something decent. So yeah, trade chat it is. 

1 minute ago, White_Matter said:

Finally got a riven mod from the sortie. And it is a stradavar riven(MR 16 mediocre mod), which I already got a better one after completing the TWW quest. The other riven I got from sorties was a vulklok(sentinel weapon) mod. Even if they make a proper loot table, you still need RNG on your side to get something decent. So yeah, trade chat it is. 

Man, getting a second riven mod for the same weapon sure sucks, getting a lesser sought one is a double combo.

But at least some of the medium range weapons get a nice boost.

My Prisma Gorgon feels nearly like a Soma thanks to a good rolled riven mod.

4 hours ago, pauli133 said:

The sortie rewarding fully built forma is why it's both signficant and good.

it's just one. still not an appropriate reward for Sortie.

there are farmable ways to get built Forma already in the game. that Players could get dozens of them per day. why do we need Sorties to give... one per day?

1 hour ago, Krumplifej said:

And that is why i won't play sorties, because it becomes more and more clear, that the MR4 players are the target audience. 

51 minutes ago, bubbabenali said:

Yeah, isn't it funny how once Sorties where supposed to be the endgame?

With a MR lock of 4 there is no way that could be true and now DE has to reward ppl who make a party for every "free" Forma they get and ppl who already have done everything the game offers (including formaing everything 4-8 times).

MR4 players have to do so much new stuff other than the supposed "endgame" but DE wanted to give everything to everyone.

Sorties are locked behind TWW quest now.  So of there's a MR4 in your Sorties, good chance it's an alt of a vet or a super newb that was carried.

I'm not likely to play the Sorties with these rewards.  I'm sitting on 100 Nitain and over 70 Forma, built and unbuilt, so those don't appeal to me in the least. Affinity isn't an issue, I'm MR20 and don't really feel like grinding out fodder on non double xp weekends, and once you have the mods and weapons to cheese hard, the Sorties are boring and easy.

I am SO glad I just wasted an hour or so of my day killing the Raptor to get 3 Nitain.. I'll just add that to the 110 others I have on my pile...

Look DE, get a fricken CLUE.  Nitain, Forma and even basic Lenses are NOT sortie rewards.  Move these to alerts... oh, thats right, Nitain already IS an alert.

Quick trying to fix what is not broken.

I'll say it for the umpth time

1 - Remove clutter from drop table. Regular Lenses can be distributed somewhere else, you don't need 2000 endo, nor nitain or forma. Make sortie rewards cycle between stuff player really need (Greater Lens, Exilus, Reactors, Catalysts, Riven Mods, Legendary Cores).

2 - Give us endo for every mission completed. Something like 200 Endo for Mission 1 , 400 Mission 2 and 600 Mission 3. That way even if you get bad drops, at least you got endo out of the time spent.

----------------------------------------------------

Perhaps scrap the randomised reward system and go with a token / point system, like you talked about all these months ago. Each mission you complete gives you Sortie Currency... And you can then turn said sortie currency into items from a Sortie Reward Vendor.

Example - Mission 1 Gives 1000 Sortie Point, Mission 2 2000, Mission 3 3000.

A Player thus acquires 6000 Sortie points per day he does sorties.

He can use said money to buy the following (hastily balanced spreadsheet ):

--------------------------------------------------

2000 Endo - 4000 SP

Small Lens - 5000 SP

Greater Lens - 10000 SP

Riven Mod - 12000 SP

Forma - 8000 SP

Orokin Reactor - 16000 SP

Orokin Catalyst - 16000 SP

Exilus Adaptor - 20000 SP

Exclusive Monthly / Weelky Cosmetic Item - 25000 SP (To give people that have everything they need something new)

Legendary Core - 1 Million SP

--------------------------------------------------------

No more people complaining about wasting time doing a sortie for no reason...Instead, you get people that do their sorties daily to get exactly what they need in the drop table. People aren't doing sorties anymore ? Add a new cool reward to the drop table and watch players come back. Feel like people have too many riven mods or something, increase the prices... Much easyer to balance, no RNG involved, everyone's happy.. You could even add Wraith and Vandals gun parts back into the table with a token system like this.

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra

Step out of the echo chamber and you slowly start to realize that while you may not like the rewards, others are perfectly fine with it.

Sure, it's disappointing getting a forma when I have 15 of them fully built and tons more blueprints on the way, but those forma will be useful in the future-- new frames and weapons are always being released. Beyond that, you have people complaining about how hard it is to get Nitain so they add a third method of obtaining it and suddenly we don't need Nitain! Funny how that works.

They have to balance out how often you're obtaining Riven mods somehow. This is how they're doing it. People complain about rewards that will be useful in the long term so they're throwing in more rewards that are useful in the short term to balance out how often you'll be picking up that terrible, random Riven mod that nobody actually likes yet everyone is desperate to get their hands on.

35 minutes ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

Perhaps scrap the randomised reward system and go with a token / point system, like you talked about all these months ago. Each mission you complete gives you Sortie Currency... And you can then turn said sortie currency into items from a Sortie Reward Vendor.

Example - Mission 1 Gives 1000 Sortie Point, Mission 2 2000, Mission 3 3000.

A Player thus acquires 6000 Sortie points per day he does sorties.

Better yet, borrow BaroBucks as a paradigm and simply present the option at the end of the Sortie with the alternative of abandoning the randomised reward for this Sortie currency at a rate of maybe a third to a half of the 'purchasable' price of the item you randomly rolled (subject to balancing).

That way you leave in the lucky "hell yeah I got a legendary core" aspect, without keeping the tiresome "ugh, 3 more nitain onto my pile of hundreds" aspect.

Maybe even keep Legend Cores out of the purchase table just for swag points... I say this having not got one yet myself either, for what that's worth

Boom done.

Edited by EDYinnit

1 hour ago, Chipputer said:

Step out of the echo chamber and you slowly start to realize that while you may not like the rewards, others are perfectly fine with it.

Sure, it's disappointing getting a forma when I have 15 of them fully built and tons more blueprints on the way, but those forma will be useful in the future-- new frames and weapons are always being released. Beyond that, you have people complaining about how hard it is to get Nitain so they add a third method of obtaining it and suddenly we don't need Nitain! Funny how that works.

While I agree that people often express themself in a not very constructive way, like I don't want this, i don't want that, still if the forums and the ingame chat in any way indicative then a very substuntial quantity of people hate these changes.

While Nitain is hard to get by, still it's ridicolous as a sortie reward, indipendently I need it or not. The number of objects that needs it is so limited in game that even if you never get it through the sortie you will get all of it soon enough and than what? The same people that was fine with it will be the louder to say to get rid of it the moment that they will see it pilling up uselessly in their inventory day after day..instead of getting something else after three hard missions .  A sortie reward of such limited use is and remain objectivly a stupid reward imo.

Just wanted to add that future releases is so slow that even if you just randomly do a nitain alert you will have a substantial surplus when the new content will be released again...

Edited by Nirrel