The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE WTF | I'M REALLY MAD AT THE GLAST GAMBIT

MrM1

4 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

TBH I lost all my motivation after I finished the second index run only to find out there is a third one. Index (and all other arena type missions) are the most boring mission type you can find in this game.

Because of the nature of this mission I have absolutely zero interest in even taking a look. Fillers, and anything looking remotely like a 'Deathmatch' and I'm out the door, I leave that for the kiddies, boring, boring, boring.

WTH DE?!?!?! The other team just sucks at their own game! Why is it our fault they cant take a loss. Can't i just actually challenge Nef Anyo to a 1 v 1 duel? This part of the quest needs deleted. Get rid of half of these missions OR make it best out of 3 instead of, you have to win 3 games but if you lose 1 its game over and cyberspace gets your credits. Nef Anyo is ust a whiner because he lost at his own game. I'm not finishing this stupid quest until its patched. Which is looking to be after Christmas. Merry Christmas DE and All of you. 

P.S. i kinda spent $80 on your game so far because i really like it. You just need to be careful not try things like this in the future. I'm not being mean its for your own good, thank you Merry Christmas!

54 minutes ago, NDM2k3 said:

WTH DE?!?!?! The other team just sucks at their own game! Why is it our fault they cant take a loss. Can't i just actually challenge Nef Anyo to a 1 v 1 duel? This part of the quest needs deleted. Get rid of half of these missions OR make it best out of 3 instead of, you have to win 3 games but if you lose 1 its game over and cyberspace gets your credits. Nef Anyo is ust a whiner because he lost at his own game. I'm not finishing this stupid quest until its patched. Which is looking to be after Christmas. Merry Christmas DE and All of you. 

P.S. i kinda spent $80 on your game so far because i really like it. You just need to be careful not try things like this in the future. I'm not being mean its for your own good, thank you Merry Christmas!

Stick around and before long that $80 will be over $1000, join the club, lol . . .

Just now, CaptainEras said:

Stick around and before long that $80 will be over $1000, join the club, lol . . .

lol i have probably spent about $1000 throughout my time of gaming. 

AND why dont we just break in and take the myconians back? I mean seriously what are they gonna do? Send a moa After us? And say, we dont know where they are being held... thats what spy missions are for. Or we can "interrogate" Anyo because hes holding colonists hostage for no good reason. I dont see why we dont beat him up, take all his money, and feed him to grineer. We all hate him by now. I know i do

On 22-12-2016 at 5:22 PM, MrM1 said:

The Glast Gambit is all fun and games until you get this mission 'Win with max 10 points ahead'.

DE: ''Hey, that's a pretty nice idea, right? Let the player pay 160k credits and if they fail, they'll lose all of it. Shouldn't be a big deal, huh?''

Oh, you want to know what I mean? Why I am mad? Ok, listen up: It sounds quite easy. If you get the 10 points and the enemy has 0 for some reason, you don't expect anything bad. But suddenly some random enemy invests 11 or even 20 points at the very last moment. Because you have to be ahead only up to 10 points, it is quite difficult to keep the balance. And if you got 20 points for those cases, you'll realize that it is either too less or too much, so you lose. After losing 3 times (=480k credits lost) I decided to get another strategy: Let the enemies invest in small parts and invest just by 1-2 points ahead each time. Sounds great, but in practice it is also a terrible idea. I couldn't handle that. ''Try  coop, maybe it'll work'' was my worst decision ever. ''Why?'' you ask? -Trollers. Those people who invest about 30 or more points to let you lose. ''Maybe that player didn't understand your objective, mistakes happen'' yeah tell that to the people who do that 4 times in a row, maybe even more since I just quit after those 4 times.

This mission is impossible in solo, and in coop, it is also just terrible because of the trollers.

''You're just salty, take some time and get better strategies'' Huh, yeah. I lost about 2 million credits on this.

DE, this is by far your WORST mission I've ever played. It's a shame because the idea is good but it was brought to the game like you don't even care about people like me (unlucky af).

PS: I still didn't complete the mission.

Instead of randoms maybe get some @(*()$ clanmates or friends to join you?

I played the colony mission and loved it. What I would not give foe a colony each for.all syndicates to be alligned with.

Anyways. It looks like the Quest can only be finished by spending tons of credits. Is this correct? 

So if i am low on funds, the mission is impossible?

Plenty things eat my creds you know.

Impossible in solo?

Going to sound like a #$&(% but: "Git gud"

No but for real, I've done this solo with no problem and looking at other posts, its been easy for a lot more. Just because you didn't managed to do so doesn't mean the mission is impossible. Get a different gear, and get some friends to help you if you really need.

Also, don't get why you guys asks for harder content then complain you can't complete it.

2 hours ago, arch111 said:

I played the colony mission and loved it. What I would not give foe a colony each for.all syndicates to be alligned with.

Anyways. It looks like the Quest can only be finished by spending tons of credits. Is this correct? 

So if i am low on funds, the mission is impossible?

Plenty things eat my creds you know.

its the same predictable strategy DE always use to try and delay the playerbase from aquiring the latest stuff and to encourage you to just give up and pay for it with plat (for some it will take a long time to accumulate the credits for this and the likelyhood of failure when grouping with players who cant read the mission detail only draws it out more), its a F2P game but they still have to earn cash to keep them going or we have no game to play, made worse by the fact they have no fun endgame content and havent for a long time, its always been endless oldschool Surv/Def missions that keep you entertained.

1 hour ago, Methanoid said:

its the same predictable strategy DE always use to try and delay the playerbase from aquiring the latest stuff and to encourage you to just give up and pay for it with plat (for some it will take a long time to accumulate the credits for this and the likelyhood of failure when grouping with players who cant read the mission detail only draws it out more), its a F2P game but they still have to earn cash to keep them going or we have no game to play, made worse by the fact they have no fun endgame content and havent for a long time, its always been endless oldschool Surv/Def missions that keep you entertained.

So the answer is yes? I must dump credits into it to win? Sort of buy my way to finish, and I mean for us, no lore or story involved here.

I am aware this is gambling on the stockmarket, so was the Index teaser.

I don't want to waste thousands of credits though.  I don't sit on the millions some do.

Just now, arch111 said:

So the answer is yes? I must dump credits into it to win? Sort of buy my way to finish, and I mean for us, no lore or story involved here.

I am aware this is gambling on the stockmarket, so was the Index teaser.

I don't want to waste thousands of credits though.  I don't sit on the millions some do.

ive got millions and even i just gave up, it wasnt the issue of credits in my case, just the sheer boredom of the whole thing, apart from the first "real" actual mission the rest is just cheap boring "filler", did i also mention its boring, very, very, very boring, it was bad enough doing 100 missions in the old gradivus event but at least the missions there had "some" variety on a proper map and you could pickup the usual drops along the way.

Imho DE has been losing their way for a while now, stuff like the rails, archwing, arena etc are all to be fair, complete and utter rubbish, what people like is what they delivered LOOOONG ago, and thats the core gamemodes that made the game popular in the first place.  Arena is just to appease the whining masses that wanted PVP and is a tick in the box, its also 1/2 a job, uninteresting and tbh even quake2 from years back is more fun, from a development team that was hand in hand with unreal tournament this is a pretty p*ss poor effort.

Archwing?  probably another stupid attempt to try and stall/delay veteran players into aquiring everything in game by making them start from scratch mod, wpn,frame,etc wise, just a shame that its completely boring, confusing, pointless and ultimatly no fun whatsoever.

Tbh id be prefer them taking what made them great in the first place and just making that way way way more varied and interesting, i like the endless gamemodes best as thats basically the only realistic end-game available and it always has been, spruce those modes up, make them more varied than the same thing but harder until you crack, i was well impressed playing a defence mission after a year+ away to find a map where after a few waves we suddenly all crashed thru the floor to a different playing field, that was a good addition, more of that please everywhere.

^ all of that instead of all their repeatred "new" stuff being made to deliberatly delay, antagonise and infuriate their playerbase into either ragequits or caving in and buying off their market, its little wonder i cant get my friends/famility to play this and stick to it, even i keep quitting every now and then to see how things are and occasionally collect a few more pointless frames/wpns.

Admittedly I have not done this. I don't know about you, but after failing it once, I think I would be bringing some form of countermeasure the next time. I know, I know pretentious prick I am but hey if you bring a knife to a sword fight, you can't seriously be expecting the rules to change because your blade is shorter, right? Some people call it cheese, some call it tactics, and I, right tools for the right job.

I had no problem at all with the quest. Just don't let Nef's brokers bank any points. I did most of it, including the 10 point lead limit, with zephyr and a shotgun.

I actually enjoyed the Index as well, I kept switching weapons to keep things interesting. Even after 6 missions of it, I wasn't bored.