Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

ugh.. Javlok capacitors.

(PSN)robotwars7

so now that one weapon's controversy is gone, let's look at the one that went under the radar: the Javlok holds the not-so-prestigious title of "first weapon to require it's own specific resource", and whoever thought it was a good idea was wrong: incredibly, utterly and stupendously wrong. I know DE did this just so we would spend some time on the remastered Shipyard, and don't get me wrong, it's nice. way more immersive than it used to be, hats off to the Dev team. kudos for also making the capacitors have a 100% drop chance, there's just one teensy little problem..

WHERE THE ACTUAL HEK ARE THE DAMN PROSECUTORS?!

I've never seen the spawn rates for them be so low. I've literally spent hours on various missions throughout Ceres and have only 2 capacitors. Prosecutors used to appear nearly all the damn time, so did they reduce the spawn rate? it sure feels like they did. what is the point of the 100% drop chance if the ONLY enemy that drops the item has a 0.001% chance of spawning?

has anyone else noticed the lack of Prosecutors? or knows a place where they are more likely to spawn? I'd like to know. it's been rather frustrating trying to farm them, in fact it's annoying me far more than those dreaded samples because at least I know I can get them no matter what, whereas Prosecutors, despite a supposed armour and health buff, are too damn cowardly to face me even as an unlevelled Loki Prime!

Try to solo a rescue on ceres, that's how I was able to get mine. Go as a nekros, let the alarm go off and just jog through the mission, check every room before you go and rescue the hostage and done. I was irked by it too since my clan just finished making the BP so I thought I had something to do... like make a new weapon then saw the additional resource that was exclusive to it and shook my head. It's easy enough to acquire but because of that, why bother? Just one more thing to annoy you with. Aren't they making enough money with people pushing 500 - 1000 plat rivens? lol.

27 minutes ago, Dumfing said:

those are more blueprint parts than resources

What makes people consider Javlok Capacitors a resource as opposed to a weapon part? They don't show up in the Foundry's list of Components like a resource. They show up in Inventory>>Miscellaneous just like every other Warframe/Weapon BP or part.

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

the Javlok holds the not-so-prestigious title of "first weapon to require it's own specific resource", and whoever thought it was a good idea was wrong: incredibly, utterly and stupendously wrong.

I'm going to disagree with you here.

While I also found the distinct lack of Prosecutors frustrating (I began to wonder if the Wikia was wrong about spawn locations it took so long to see a single one), the actual time it took to eventually acquire the necessary capacitors wasn't that bad. If the Prosecutors had spawned more often (like Bursas, say), but the Javlok had required more capacitors, I would have preferred that.

However, I think specific resources for individual weapons is an excellent idea.

In one stroke it gets rid of all the problems created by the massive stockpiles that veterans hold, and means that everyone has to put in the same effort to acquire the weapon.

5 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

so now that one weapon's controversy is gone, let's look at the one that went under the radar: the Javlok holds the not-so-prestigious title of "first weapon to require it's own specific resource", and whoever thought it was a good idea was wrong: incredibly, utterly and stupendously wrong. I know DE did this just so we would spend some time on the remastered Shipyard, and don't get me wrong, it's nice. way more immersive than it used to be, hats off to the Dev team. kudos for also making the capacitors have a 100% drop chance, there's just one teensy little problem..

WHERE THE ACTUAL HEK ARE THE DAMN PROSECUTORS?!

I've never seen the spawn rates for them be so low. I've literally spent hours on various missions throughout Ceres and have only 2 capacitors. Prosecutors used to appear nearly all the damn time, so did they reduce the spawn rate? it sure feels like they did. what is the point of the 100% drop chance if the ONLY enemy that drops the item has a 0.001% chance of spawning?

has anyone else noticed the lack of Prosecutors? or knows a place where they are more likely to spawn? I'd like to know. it's been rather frustrating trying to farm them, in fact it's annoying me far more than those dreaded samples because at least I know I can get them no matter what, whereas Prosecutors, despite a supposed armour and health buff, are too damn cowardly to face me even as an unlevelled Loki Prime!

i get 7 or 8 capacitors with my necros at very first mobile defense. what's wrong with you?

I'm okay with the capacitors, it didn't feel grindy or too hard to obtain them, just two exterminate missions on Ceres can get you what you want solo, scare enemies, leave the alarms on for the entire mission, and easily 2-3 spawn in one mission if you take things slow and maybe loot around as well.
Javlok was handled well IMHO. The weapon itself could use some loving (why no area damage for the primary fire projectile?), but is fun and different and didn't need anything crazy to farm for. I'd 100% of the time pick this route for gear farming over a couple of other recent examples (Sibear, Hema).

I found Lex is the best. Allow the enemy to activate the alarms, kill the target, and then oftentimes a Prosecutor will spawn.

I managed to get all of the Javlok Capacitors in a few hours, which doesn't seem like an inordinate amount of grinding. People are spoilt by how easy most resources are to acquire in this game.