Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Harrow feedback and discussion

Trickst3rGawd

None of them, actually :)

IDK on other countries, but here in Spain, when Easter comes, there are processions and the such. And the people wear this, as a religious suit:

capuchinos-semana-santa.jpg

At first I didn't make the connection, but when I saw it yesterday on TV after the Devstream, damn it. Although I'm pretty sure it's not 100% based on that, you can see some design similarities, which I guess points at some common elements across religious tunics in Europe/Christianism.

Edited by NightmareT12

1 hour ago, NightmareT12 said:

The Warframe design is fine, and I absolutely fell in love with it. I wouldn't, at all, want any change on that helmet. Hell, I didn't want it with Chroma neither.

We can always have 2 extra helms for it, and then there's TennoGen too. Let the design be, and kudos to the team for the fantastic job. From design to colors everything on it just feels right on place :)

And to think it's still in early stage and it doesn't even have the materials finish!

I very much agree with all that bar the goatee :P

I am looking forward to the alt helmet through

it's a good looking frame IMO, like a cross between a Pharaoh and a Bishop. curious as to whether the Censer is a Frame ability or just our first Tenno entry into the Whip category (finally, we'll eventually get a Primed whip, hope it's as good as the Atterax)

3 hours ago, RetiredEdgeLord said:

It's not edgy enough for the Edge Veil.

Black and red colour Schemes will fix that, as will Acanthus prime Armour and Boltara Syandanas.  (inb4 someone colours him all white to reference a certain racist group...)

I'll be interested to see what they arrive at with this concept... Combat classes that specialize in healing tend to be either very good, very bad. or both.

If they do it on par with Equinox it should be a good look though.

...I do wish they had left the censor out of it though... too Priesty.

They could have gone with a flail or a barbed whip and I would dig what I saw much more.

Absent that, I liked what I saw immensely...

Blade and gun style has been long overdue.

That pistol.... It's been a good year for secondaries so far and I am hoping this one keeps up with the trend

32 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

it's a good looking frame IMO, like a cross between a Pharaoh and a Bishop. curious as to whether the Censer is a Frame ability or just our first Tenno entry into the Whip category (finally, we'll eventually get a Primed whip, hope it's as good as the Atterax)

Black and red colour Schemes will fix that, as will Acanthus prime Armour and Boltara Syandanas.  (inb4 someone colours him all white to reference a certain racist group...)

Black and red doesn't make everything Edgy. You're clearly a newb to the Edge.

Albularyo- means shaman in philippines

Pari- means priest in philippines

i am thinking of combining them to paryo or alburi(sounds like ivory for some reason and i am really bad in combining names)

or Arzo derived from the word arzobispo(spanish term) which means bishop

Edited by -RHINO-

In Spain we call it 'Botafumeiro'. Frequently used in churches to purify the environment. My Guess is that we will have an ability purifying allies, taking away (or preventing from) status effects, similar to Firewalker or Oberon's Hallowed ground. so... BOTAFUMEIRO activated!

8cwXYlu.png

BTW: I'm excited on a dark themed inquisitor purifier. I can imagine it coming out from a steam cloud and a big bell sounding..

Are we sure they don't already have a name? Either way I think something latin, Greek, or just vaguely religious would be an obvious fit. Perhaps a less commonly used angelic name such as Arkiel or Metatron. The latter does sound rather sci-fi-ish. (It would be a good opportunity to introduce another wing syandana as well. The Icarus in the workshop is magnificent.)

This may be a bit of a stretch, but I'm entertaining the possibility that he might also be tied to the Myconians from the Glass Gambit. Especially with the smoke coming from the censer (which I hope can be used as a flail), seeing that in Neewa's drawings of the Triuna, some kind of smoke is present. Is there some kind of connection between this smoke and the Infested? A way to communicate or control them? It makes sense given Edge Veil's affinity with the Infested.

Or I might just be overthinking it. A lot. But a man can dream.

4 hours ago, arch111 said:

I have a slight reservation against the use of real world archetypes like this. A very slight, but It's there.

Archetypes allow for experimentation and exploration of concepts and themes. Indeed, much of the Warframe roster draws very strongly on the heroic archetypes for their theme and design. What makes a frame inspired by the spiritual archetypes so different to the ones we've had draw on those of the Gunslinger, the Acrobat, the Magician, the Knight and the Musician?

All Archetypes we explore draw from the human condition in some way. We may not see them in the day to day, but they remain a part of our shared stories and histories.

Personally, if this frame is a step towards being able to explore the spiritual aspects of the setting, it's a long time coming; for all we have going on in terms of the oriental inspired elements in the Orokin and Tenno aesthetics, we have so little specifics. The Void takes the role of hell on average, whilst the common invocation under duress are the stars. Of course, I admit I am biased towards being intrigued by the culture of a game world's setting, of how belief systems could explain the actions and conduct of the individuals that practice it.

As is, curious what the skill set will entail, considering Precision is apparently an aspect of it which...does mean that this could be tricky to make work well on a controller, perhaps, but that's a threshold we'll come to when it's done. Also be interested in how the censer would be incorporated gameplay wise.

6 hours ago, Artek94 said:

Devstream also said its goingnto be a support frame who "will sacrifice himself to protect his squad".

Some kind of healer / reviver who hurts himself when doing so?

If that's the case, then I think it's safe to say that his name is Osiris. There's actually a number of reasons why I'm confident in this:

1. The "pharaoh" thing he has going on with his crown and his beard.

2. The aforementioned "dying" thing, which is a big part of the mythology of Osiris.

3. He has some sort of flail, which is one of the symbols of Osiris (though, granted, he had a very different one).

4. This is more speculative, but it could be a legitimate joke by the artist: he's holding his gun such that, due to perspective, it kinda looks like a certain reproductive organ--one which Osiris needed a golden replacement for because the original was eaten by a fish after his body parts were scattered across Egypt.

49 minutes ago, DazedOne said:

Are we sure they don't already have a name? Either way I think something latin, Greek, or just vaguely religious would be an obvious fit. Perhaps a less commonly used angelic name such as Arkiel or Metatron. The latter does sound rather sci-fi-ish. (It would be a good opportunity to introduce another wing syandana as well. The Icarus in the workshop is magnificent.)

The devs said yesterday they haven't decided on any name, they didn't want to show him off before naming him but they just can't think of anything that sticks.

My current best idea on the "rewards for accuracy, sacrifices himself to save allies" would be passive : headshots regen health, and then revive/heal for a hp cost. Anyways, I just hope he isn't a frail frame or has some way to take a hit ala Trinity... tried support Equinox today after a long while and she just drops in 3 poison ticks in kuva flood (with maxed hp and Pacify active, mind you), it is completely stupid.