Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cycron feedback

FelanGrey

With magazine size of 20 rounds and fire rate 5 rounds/sec you'll spend all ammo for 4 seconds and after that you have to reload 6 sec (it start to restore ammo after 5 sec, and to fully restore it need ~1 more sec) - not really comfortable for playing. And it have limited range of fire.
Yep, you can use mods to increase reload speed (with Stunning speed and Quickdraw it would be 2,7sec) but you'll loose in damage that isn't to height for high level mobs.
Too much negative stats for new feature of regenerating ammo.
Maybe better to increase magazine capacity or reload speed?

Edit:

Octavia’s Anthem: Update 20.4.0

Changes: 

• We have made some tweaks to last week's reinforcement: the Cycron! If you haven't picked this up yet yourself, the Cycron doesn't have a reload function; it has a recharge function. As of this Update, the Cycron battery recharge delay time is now halved when the mag is not empty. This means monitoring your ammo while feathering the trigger will be a good strategy when using this weapon. 

Is it solve the problem that makes this weapon so uncomfortable? - I don't think so.
It's have to long cooldown before the weapon started to recharge it's ammo. And now, when you're fire in someone you have to monitoring ammo, that enough only for 4 sec - that's mean that you always would look not on your enemy but on your ammo, to stop fire no far than after 3,9 sec (without mods for fire rate) to get 2,5 sec delay + 1 sec for recharge.

I suggest:

• Increase ammo to 60-100 rounds.
  • Remove battery recharge delay time and let it to star regenerate ammo immediately with 4 rounds / sec (if ammo would be 20 rounds), so for reload it would need those 5 sec.
  • Decrease delay to 1.7 sec, if you'd spend all ammo and 1 sec - when the mag is not empty.

It's really interesting weapon, just needs a little more attention.

Edited by FelanGrey

Just now, LazerusKI said:

The 20 rounds mag is the only thing that annoys me. Double that and it would be a pretty interesting pistol

For more comfortable game it should have a ratio of the time of continuous shooting to recharge 2-3 : 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)Cynicaid said:

If they doubled the magazine it would likely also include a doubled reload time.

Kind of like how they thought it was a great idea to increase the magazine size and reload time for the Strun/Strun Wraith when people complained about the reload taking too long.

Technically, yes, but considering the Strun is now a manual reload, it's also technically very, very quick to reload.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Cynicaid said:

If they doubled the magazine it would likely also include a doubled reload time.

Actually when I'd increase magazine capacity it doesn't affect on reload speed, but for regen it was still need ~1 sec.
LyiLDwCahVo.jpg

Edited by FelanGrey

its fun to use with ember with some fire balls in between the cool downs, it still sucks a bit though

wish I could force the reload or have double to mag size, either way I'll end up dumping 4-5 formas into it just because I like the way it looks

3 minutes ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

The reload speed is outrageous. At first I was thinking "Oh, it might be like the Arch-guns and the reload speed is the ammo/sec". I guess I was wrong...

Yep, thats what I've talking about. It doesn't start to restore ammo immediately with 4 rounds/sec. Maybe if it was so, it would be great.

Stat wise it seems agreeably weaker than the Atomos QoL wise. Ammo isn't scarce at all in this game so its ammo regen mechanic seems to be completely pointless, almost crippling in terms of its use. If it did more damage or if the reload time was a bit more forgiving it would be a much better gun. 

I also think something is wrong with it period, it's description states it throws plasma. The only other weapon that states plasma is the dera which is a projectile weapon not a laser weapon. Also it is supposedly not able to use ruinous extension, which is odd.

Ok.

1. Why we can't pick up ammo? Only this passive regeneration?

2. It will be fire DMG anyway no matther which one you'll use... (What is this? I have Radiation but the DMG can be Heat? WHUT?!)

3. Magazine size and fire rate. Think about it one more time please...

Edited by Cris0407

Gonna start with positive, seen someone else in forums mentioning it might be neat weapon once (one handed) melee + secondary mechaninc cames out. It has cool sounds, but thats about it.

I think its missed opportunity to add some interesting effect, like innate combusion beam, or scalling kill damage like acid shells. Weapon does not feel rewarding to use, in this hordes of enemies game.

Low crit / High status a second / single target beam / limited 20 meters range / & on top of that need to use atleast 2 utility mod slots !! That's a recipe for a 10 days login reward.

Jokes aside, this weapon should be automatic high burst damage, that really packs a punch, like synapse, considering you can only continiously fire it for 4 seconds.

3 hours ago, Deadoon said:

I also think something is wrong with it period, it's description states it throws plasma. The only other weapon that states plasma is the dera which is a projectile weapon not a laser weapon. Also it is supposedly not able to use ruinous extension, which is odd.

You're forgetting the Atomos.

11 hours ago, FelanGrey said:

Actually when I'd increase magazine capacity it doesn't affect on reload speed, but for regen it was still need ~1 sec.

Actually if you increase the magazine enough you'll notice that it takes closer to 2 seconds to full recharge the ammo....I've been timing it with a stopwatch.
Its just a bad weapon.

The only positive that I found is that the gun reloads while holstered!
Which means that you can fire for 4 seconds, swap to your primary and fire for 6 seconds, then switch back to your secondary to fire for 4 more seconds before repeating.

If the reload delay was only 2 seconds then this weapon would be much more usable.  As it stands having to wait 6 seconds to go from full to empty after firing for 4 seconds or less (much less with lethal torrent) makes it nearly unusable.

I would honestly rather take my Lato Prime to a high level mission than this thing because at least my Lato Prime can do damage consistently without a 6 second delay between firing....

Edited by Tsukinoki

It's simply a bad weapon. Not only is the reload speed long as hell, its base DPS doesn't earn any praising and continuous status is simply bad because of how much ammo you spend on a single proc. Design looks cool, once again, because that's the only thing great about the past updates this game has had recently anyway. Tron unicycle of death  tickling.

Edited by Wyrmius_Prime

9 hours ago, Deadoon said:

6 hours ago, Corvid said:

You're forgetting the Atomos.

Also Kohmak,

A handheld plasma-spitting pistol, specializing at clearing tight corridors and narrow ventilation shafts.Sanctuary

I assume Twin Kohmak would also be counted as Plasma.

This thing's straight garbage. Too long a reload, too short a reach without the option of Ruinous Extension, and compared to something like the Pox and Atomos, the status application is lackluster because it's a short, straight beam.

I think this gun will be meant to be used alongside a melee weapon, for when dual wielding gets released. Having this weapon out now is basically putting the cart before the horse.