Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

42 minutes ago, CephKaron said:

I'm unsure if the compensation is legit, it feels odd of DE to ask for personal info they already have just to add some stuff to our accounts. 🤔

Well strictly regarding the physical shipping side, The Sacrifice Collection orders closed last November, it's not uncommon for companies to get rid of customers personal information after 6 months or so, and it's been nearly a year since then.

Not only that, but people's addresses and all that change. Also, I don't recall them asking for information based on Mako's excerpt (though I have yet to receive the email myself)

With no other Umbra warframes on horizon, I think it's appropriate to discuss Excalibur's kit here. I recently came up with idea on how to improve his kit without changing him too much. Let me know what you think.

[Slash Dash]

If used on enemy, dash speed is greatly increased. Enemies hit by Slash Dash become briefly opened to finishers (for 1-2 seconds). Number of targets that can be hit by single ability use is limited to 1, but in next 2-3 seconds the ability can be used again with lower energy cost. Every hit increases combo counter by 1 point (2 with augment), so you'll need 12 consecutive dashes (6 with augment) to build it from zero to max.

[Radial Blind/Radial Howl]

No changes needed. Maybe remove a boom sound that happens during Umbra's howl, I find it pretty annoying.

[Radial Javelin]

The damage of this ability should be equal to player's heavy attack damage value and benefit from combo counter (and consume it on ability use). Life Strike also works! The ability can be cast only on the ground though (its animation makes sense now). Single ability use now costs 50 energy, but tapping the button once more consumes additional 25 energy and pulls affected enemies towards the player.

[Exalted Blade]

Exalted Blade receives Garuda's claws treatment. If player doesn't have a melee weapon equipped, activating this ability will make Excalibur draw his Exalted Blade (just like he does now). If player has a melee weapon equipped, activating this ability will increase equipped melee weapon damage, speed, range and also add wave projectiles to swords and nikanas. Chromatic Blade augment now adds elemental damage without replacing IPS.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

i kinda wish excalibur had more internal kit synergy 

Well, if my proposed changes were to be implemented, IMO his every ability would both be worth using alone and greatly synergize with his other abilities.

Edited by Xaero

Let me add my own fun ideas

Slash dash, a dark flicker effects instead of a straight dash, basically kind of like a teleport

Radial Howl, inflicts dark status and enemies become corrupted 

Radial Javelin creates a black hole and each enemy hit gives Umbra power

Exalted Blade, deals dark damage and dark effects and blocking nullifies damage and adds dark damage.

The thing with Umbra Excalibur is that it supposed to be its own frame, similar yet different from the original(more darker or brutal). So his kit should reflect a more darker and more brutal style of gameplay.

[Slash Dash\ Dark Slash]

Instead of dashing and slashing, he will swing in the air releasing a dark void slash projectile dealing slash damage and causing a bleed dot. It can be combo-ed up to 3 times with the third being larger and knocking down opponents. It also can be held down (holding 1) into a charge forward dash attack with a large radius.

[Radial Blind/Dark Howl]

I would prefer if enemies get stunned and then run out of fear but good as it is.

[Radial Javelin\Dark Spikes]

Impales the ground with his blade and causes spikes to come out of the ground impaling enemies in front of him causing severe bleed damage. If used in the air, the spikes hits enemies around Excalibur.

[Exalted Blade\Dark Blade]

This ability to function similar to the exalted blade but losses the energy slash projectile and instead the blade gains increased reach depending on the combo meter. The blade will grow larger to reflect that. Heavy attacks will make Excalibur detonate the blade causing huge explosion of spikes stunning enemies and causing bleed. Using slam will cast a lesser version of Dark spikes and slide attack will release a dark slash projectile.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-11-16 at 9:11 PM, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

looks like sacrificial steel got a buf 

, perhaps others will as well

Love the buffs, my Skiajati is even more powerful now. Though this makes Exalted Blade even more obsolete. It really needs a buff in crit department, and that includes access to all melee mods as well as waves adding to combo counter.

Edited by Xaero

9 hours ago, Xaero said:

Love the buffs, my Skiajati is even more powerful now. Though this makes Exalted Blade even more obsolete. It really needs a buff in crit department, and that includes access to all melee mods as well as waves adding to combo counter.

yes i concur the skijiati is nice now though im having a problem deciding on a stance , the exalted blade with sacrificial steel via the recent buff would have been nice to make it a little better but yes the finisher on blinds via eb are gone and pretty much nerfed chromatic blade to the ground. overal all the melee exalteds got  hurt badly in this

im honestly finding it hard to keep up with grendal my friend is using and only pull ahead in damage when i just drop eb and use skijiati 

also noticed the range of eb blades damage fall off is even shorter and weakens to the point im basically point blank hitting them anyway 

8 hours ago, CaptainStrawberry said:

I guess I am going to move to Chroma Prime just for fashion, he looks more.like a knight than Excalibur. So maybe I will wait till Excalibur gets a knight skin. 

unsure of this topic but he dosnt get a knight skin as a deluxe so maybe a tennogen in the future ?

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

3 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

though im having a problem deciding on a stance

I personally find Blind Justice to be the best one.

the finisher on blinds via eb are gone

They're not, finishers are now triggered by interaction button (the same one you use to hack).

im honestly finding it hard to keep up with grendal my friend is using and only pull ahead in damage when i just drop eb and use skijiati 

also noticed the range of eb blades damage fall off is even shorter and weakens to the point im basically point blank hitting them anyway

EB just needs to go into optional slot like Garuda Talons. Excal's ultimate should buff your equipped melee weapon and add waves, at least to swords and nikanas. Right now we just have another useless ability on Excal.

Edited by Xaero

3 minutes ago, Xaero said:

I personally find Blind Justice to be the best one.

They're not, finishers are now triggered by interaction button (the same one you use to hack).

EB just needs to go into optional slot like Garuda Talons. Excal's ultimate should buff your equipped melee weapon and add waves, at least to swords and nikanas. Right now we just have another useless ability on Excal.

im on blind j but i like all of them honestly 

i think you misunderstand my mechanic gripe, i realize how to use a finisher but prior, if you did a ranged strike energy blade it proc'd damage of finisher at each hit of them on a blinded target, so instead of being 80k per energy blade strike, it was 200k+ while under blind. it was a nice accidental synergy, even if not intentional. so now it doesn't factor in finisher damage when energy blade hits, its just flat damage now.

1 minute ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

i think you misunderstand my mechanic gripe, i realize how to use a finisher but prior, if you did a ranged strike energy blade it proc'd damage of finisher at each hit of them on a blinded target, so instead of being 80k per energy blade strike, it was 200k+ while under blind. it was a nice accidental synergy, even if not intentional. so now it doesn't factor in finisher damage when energy blade hits, its just flat damage now.

Ah. Yeah, that's bad. The only thing EB has left is status and status now clearly loses to crits.

Just now, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

at this time it seems DE is redoing their shirts for the sacrifice collection

now that railjack is moving out, maybe we will get some clarification on new umbras soon..?

Spoilers if you have yet to complete and board your Railjack.

Spoiler

That Reliquary drive at the back of engineering looks AWFUL SUSPICIOUS.

Doubly so since its' human shaped. And tall. Warframe-sized tall. What humanoids do we know that are both that tall and would be considered relics to go in a reliquary? Hmmm...

Of course, it could be Duviri related as well.