(XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

Posted (edited)

So, another random thought that may have no basis in reality; Umbra was a Dax, right? His son was a Dax. Ballas told the Umbra he would use all his bloodline for the experiments.

Fast-forward to Duviri Paradox, Operator in their 'true(?)' form, Void storms, and the zombie Dax roaming the land.

So, what if the zombie Dax, are the remains of those who were turned into Warframes, the part the Orokin couldn't control? Their minds and humanity stripped away and tossed into the void to be forgotten, before the Void-children come back and tame them?

Again, could be completely off point from the dev's intent, but the Void-worm-thing shown in the video seems to have relevance, and also bears an uncanny resemblance to the smaller void-worm-thing you have to tame to learn transferrence in The War Within quest. Seems like there's too many links there to completely ignore, and if so then it might also have something to do with how future Umbra's are introduced to the game.

Edited by (XB1)Kavriel
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Kavriel said:

So, another random thought that may have no basis in reality; Umbra was a Dax, right? His son was a Dax. Ballas told the Umbra he would use all his bloodline for the experiments.

Fast-forward to Duviri Paradox, Operator in their 'true(?)' form, Void storms, and the zombie Dax roaming the land.

So, what if the zombie Dax, are the remains of those who were turned into Warframes, the part the Orokin couldn't control? Their minds and humanity stripped away and tossed into the void to be forgotten, before the Void-children come back and tame them?

Again, could be completely off point from the dev's intent, but the Void-worm-thing shown in the video seems to have relevance, and also bears an uncanny resemblance to the smaller void-worm-thing you have to tame to learn transferrence in The War Within quest. Seems like there's too many links there to completely ignore, and if so then it might also have something to do with how future Umbra's are introduced to the game.

thats an interesting concept, could be a nice plot twist 

On 2019-08-06 at 3:32 PM, (XB1)ALG Minuscule36 said:

Oh, I forgot you ran this.

Coulda colored it if I knew you were gonna share it here XD

then color :3 

Posted (edited)

pseudo sentience for all frames not just umbra 

-umbras echos to be added to lua disruption (part 1 & 2) built they last 24hrs and allows any frame injected (via helmith) to become sentient (echo of umbra instilled warframe) 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Due to massive negative feedback "Echoes of Umbra" system will not see the light in its current state. New Disruption rewards will feature Lua lens (no details on it yet). EoU is promised to arrive on a later date in improved state.

10 hours ago, Ksaero said:

Due to massive negative feedback "Echoes of Umbra" system will not see the light in its current state. New Disruption rewards will feature Lua lens (no details on it yet). EoU is promised to arrive on a later date in improved state.

from what was said by reb, lua lens is replacing it for current build but echos may still come just not now as its lackluster for the effort, more then likely it will come later in another incarnation 

"We're going to hold this back to act on weekend feedback and more - 2 days isn't enough time to inject all the changes we want to add, so we will release this at a later date in a different form. The reward will likely be replaced with a new 'Lua Lens' for earning Focus - details to come!"

21 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

from what was said by reb, lua lens is replacing it for current build but echos may still come just not now as its lackluster for the effort, more then likely it will come later in another incarnation

I know it will, that's why I said "in its current state".

1 hour ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

i wasnt arguing that just thought id discuss it 

Well, I hope this thing will at least become permanent. As for ability usage, they could allow some eligible abilities for each frame. And I hope Umbra could get his prime passive back.

11 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

Well, I hope this thing will at least become permanent. As for ability usage, they could allow some eligible abilities for each frame. And I hope Umbra could get his prime passive back.

I mean it should be like a lens and then you should be able to "toggle" AI on or off in arsenal 

as for the prime passive it should never have been removed IMO as 

A) its for frames made in orokin era(umbra qualifies)

B) with orokin tech (umbra still qualifies)  

at the very least convert it to be a orikin tech passive and build a new "prime " passive thats useful anywhere 

37 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

I mean it should be like a lens and then you should be able to "toggle" AI on or off in arsenal 

as for the prime passive it should never have been removed IMO as 

A) its for frames made in orokin era(umbra qualifies)

B) with orokin tech (umbra still qualifies)  

at the very least convert it to be a orikin tech passive and build a new "prime " passive thats useful anywhere 

Agree. Would also be nice if we could at least command Umbras to stay/follow.

2 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

Agree. Would also be nice if we could at least command Umbras to stay/follow.

if we could at least add basic movement like chromas pelt aug or maybe a toggle for defensive/offensive/support rolls would be nice

On 2019-08-06 at 12:27 PM, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

so got quite a few people who are still getting statues, remember to check emails & spam for estimated delivery but its not a guarantee

Man, all I ordered was a shirt, and it's already bleedin' September with no word on the order whatsoever
So much for early to mid August

18 minutes ago, DaraSilverDragon said:

Man, all I ordered was a shirt, and it's already bleedin' September with no word on the order whatsoever
So much for early to mid August

shirts are in the same situation as they cant make them fast enough, i received statue but they said shirts are still in dev in the email 

Hey all, if anyone is still checking this forum i have yet to receive word on getting my statue. i hope some of you guys in batch #2 have had more luck. if you know anything on if they're shipping them out yet let me know.

12 hours ago, ShatterMesa said:

Hey all, if anyone is still checking this forum i have yet to receive word on getting my statue. i hope some of you guys in batch #2 have had more luck. if you know anything on if they're shipping them out yet let me know.

to my recal batch 1 was still shipping batch 2 is sooooon 

for statues.  however for tshirts no delivery date for either batch yet

2 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

to my recal batch 1 was still shipping batch 2 is sooooon 

for statues.  however for tshirts no delivery date for either batch yet

I didn't order a statue, nor a t-shirt, so I'm not complaining here, but... How the hell are those take so long? Seriously, how? If I'd be the employee screwed this up (because there is a screwup somewhere in this story), I'd just go to the first store printing patterns on t-shirts and order the whole lot of them. Because it's getting embarrassing. I love DE, to the extent a person can say they love a company, but this Umbra merchandise is handled horribly.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

I didn't order a statue, nor a t-shirt, so I'm not complaining here, but... How the hell are those take so long? Seriously, how? If I'd be the employee screwed this up (because there is a screwup somewhere in this story), I'd just go to the first store printing patterns on t-shirts and order the whole lot of them. Because it's getting embarrassing. I love DE, to the extent a person can say they love a company, but this Umbra merchandise is handled horribly.

there wasnt so much of a "screw up" as the amount ordered was vastly larger then expected 

you have to understand that these statues are all "handmade" by a company de contracted not de themselves 

the order # was huge about 1000+for a limited collectible 

it takes a lot of time to make these things and make them all the same and to "spec"  , there is a sculpting and painting process that just takes a lot of time and doing 500 in each batch takes a long time 

An example of this process