Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

Ofc we have some people who don't want to believe that there is something more being shown by the two swords and they think that they are both regular Nikana, but seriously there is a possibilty those those two swords are the same exact sword, what I am meaning is that the one Teshin has is the same exact one, not a copy of it, that Umbra pulls from the stone.

1 minute ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Nikana's base colors are the exact same. People are once again making a way too big of a number on this. No wonder why every single thing ends up being disappointing when people start building hype from nothing. Just stop...

Way too big number? It's not called a theory for nothing you know.

If we can finally join Teshin, I'm doing it without a hint of hesitation. I just can't trust Lotus anymore. She's a sentient that kept the operators a secret from us, and intended to keep it that way. For what? What motivations could she possibly have to hide that? 

At least Teshin is willing to teach us about ourselves and what we're capable of. Hopefully we can finally join the true teacher. (Plus his voice is epic,  I would very much like to hear him say "Grineer, weak-minded fools. Prepare yourself."

5 minutes ago, Sajochi said:

If we can finally join Teshin, I'm doing it without a hint of hesitation. I just can't trust Lotus anymore. She's a sentient that kept the operators a secret from us, and intended to keep it that way. For what? What motivations could she possibly have to hide that? 

At least Teshin is willing to teach us about ourselves and what we're capable of. Hopefully we can finally join the true teacher. (Plus his voice is epic,  I would very much like to hear him say "Grineer, weak-minded fools. Prepare yourself."

Lotus hid our Operator because she feared that we could become like the Stalker, she said it in the Second Dream quest.

Edited by Xenox_Ilz-ot

5 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Lotus hid our Operator because she feared that we could become like the Stalker, she said it in the Second Dream quest.

Please link a video or the actual excerpt where she explicitly said that, because I don't remember those being her exact words.

I'm looking at it like this. With the Eidolon puddle they had everyone focusing on the water and hiding the open world. Maybe with the Umbra trailer they have us all focusing on "The Sacrifice" and "Excal Umbra" part and not the line "If you could trade, would you? Surely." Part, I have another theory in this, Teshin knew the location of the Grineer queens, perhaps Teshin and Lotus know something more about Margulis that Lotus isn't telling us like always. Hell maybe it even has something to do with the other door in our ship XD

8 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

But you said it, destroyed.

I'm talking about the fact that you said Sentients can reconstruct their bodies, which they can't. They can restructure themselves to adapt, but they can't heal from any damage they've taken unless they take another Sentients core or pass their damage on to another one, and we've only seen their combat drones do that. We'll just keep beating Hunhows conscious until we can capture or destroy it completely if he survived the Octavia quest

So, what do you think the Umbra sacrifice will be? Personally I do not have a whole lot of ideas, so I'd like to hear your opinions.

Please keep it civil. You can disagree with others, but please do not flame someone for their opinion.

"All missions to the Origin system required a sacrifice. Me and my kind become barren when crossing the gap. It is the one flaw that we never overcame." -Lotus

"If you could trade, would you? Surely. But all miracles require sacrifice. For their life: yours." -Ballas

"Natah was the daughter, until I destroyed her. Now I am the Lotus. Now I am the mother." -Lotus

What if we think outside the box?; what if we think beyond?; What conjectures can we reach? 

Just mumbling... We now know (after the chains of Harrow) that Natah molded herself into the Lotus following Margulis as a model... "For their life: yours".

7 minutes ago, HadesGamingPL said:

So, what do you think the Umbra sacrifice will be? Personally I do not have a whole lot of ideas, so I'd like to hear your opinions.

I think people are over thinking things. I think sacrifice is just the title and has all to do with the story of Excalibur umbra (and potentially all other warframes) and less to do with an actual in game mechanic like sacrificing something of ours to get Excalibur umbra. 

Just now, 45neo said:

I think people are over thinking things. I think sacrifice is just the title and has all to do with the story of Excalibur umbra (and potentially all other warframes) and less to do with an actual in game mechanic like sacrificing something of ours to get Excalibur umbra. 

Yes, that is another possibility. I'd also like to hear you speculate about what sacrifice made umbra in the first place.

13 minutes ago, HadesGamingPL said:

Please keep it civil. You can disagree with others, but please do not flame someone for their opinion.

After Excalibur (quest reward) every umbra frame after that would require a player to sacrifice a stock frame and a prime frame for that particular frame's umbra variant.

Want Trinity Umbra? 

Sack a stock Trinity and a Trinity Prime as a part of Trinity Umbra's build cost.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

After Excalibur (quest reward) every umbra frame after that would require a player to sacrifice a stock frame and a prime frame for that particular frame's umbra variant.

Want Trinity Umbra? 

Sack a stock Trinity and a Trinity Prime as a part of Trinity Umbra's build cost.

Welp, if it's something literal as a sacrifice and not lore things, that sounds like an okay way to handle it, except for if I wanted Loki Umbra and didnt want to spend 300 plat.

EDIT: Spelling errors.

Edited by HadesGamingPL

People are taking "sacrifice" way too literal. There would be rioting in the streets if DE required sacrificing another one of your warframes for Umbra. I imagine "sacrifice" has to do with the inception of Umbra, not what we literally have to do to obtain him.

Edited by Jobistober
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jobistober said:

People are taking "sacrifice" way too literal. There would be rioting in the streets if DE required sacrificing another one of your warframes for Umbra. I imagine "sacrifice" has to do with the inception of Umbra, not what we literally have to do to obtain him.

Like I said, I also expect it to be something more lore-oriented and not literally sacrificing an item from your inventory.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

You must offer a blood sacrifice. You will slaughter your most prized Kubrow or Kavat upon the altar of RNGesus and offer a burnt offering in the hopes that RNGesus will be pleased and bless you with Umbra.

Most prized Kubrow? I honestly don't think its actually going to need items sacrificed, maybe a quest item we find during the quest, but thats all.

Edited by HadesGamingPL
Clarified a few things that might have been confusing