Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

On 19.08.2017 at 5:45 PM, TennoHack said:

Not to mention this elusive sentient arm-cannon we keep hearing about.

I'm afraid you're going to be disappointed again, because it's most likely just gonna be a pickable weapon with limited ammo which drops from dead sentient fighters. Something like those heavy cannons in Dark Sector.

On 12.08.2017 at 11:43 AM, (Xbox One)OTF SERENiTY said:

Excalibur Umbra is projected to have a larger energy pool (150 at 30, 637 with p flow) and 250 armor stat wise if they stick with the China frame stats. 

But stats aside, I propose Umbra frames may have their own Umbra passive since they're a counterpart to the Primes apparently.

Actually, Excal Umbra has 150 energy at level zero, which then turns to 225 at level 30. 637 with primed flow, yeah.

I'm going to go with ALT-Excalibur, so different stats, most likely different abilities, and will have nothing to do with china-frame as they want to distance from that because of legal reasons, I'm going to guess instead of radial-blind some sort of armor strip ability, instead of slash/dash be like a bleeding cut thingy, instead of javelin an aura of some sort, and instead of exalted probably a blind/darkness/invisibility something or another.

all speculative but I am just guessing it's going to be an alt/anti-frame of some variety and we probably sacrifice the normal frame to get the alt-version (hence the "it's free and cannot be purchased") so basically it will replace current frame(I also suspect if you sacrifice a prime frame to it you get prime stats instead of lower end stats in non-excal cases)...so I wouldn't be surprised if we get "umbra-frost" after that and they probably can slow down on new frames and add in "umbra" quests.

Edited by Naruchico
TYPOS!

Note: What I am going to say will most likely trigger many PC players. Read at your own risk.

A thought that I had about how Excalibur Umbra is that he should be exclusive to the console build. Listen to my line of thinking before you keyboard warriors start attempting to trashtalk console.

Players in the console build never even had a chance to acquire Excalibur Prime, due to the Founders Program having ended before there was ever a console build. I am NOT saying that other Umbra Warframe variants could not be in the PC build as well. Merely that Excalibur Umbra would be exclusive to the console builds, to compensate for the lack of Excalibur Prime.

This isn't even constructive feedback.

Consoles have their exclusive skins, PC had the founders pack, but only people that were around to get founders could purchase the pack. Reason why consoles didn't get Excalibur Prime is that, the game has been founded and funded by the people that bought the packs when it was on PC before production started on PS4 and Xbox One.

Excalibur Prime may be a PC exclusive frame, but he's on a different level of exclusivity due to not being available again after the founders program had ended. So no, wanting Excalibur Umbra to only be a console exclusive frame is not only just nitpicking, but downright selfish for those that want him as well as a replacement for Excalibur Prime.

• Like 1

the founders are such a small percentage of pc players anyway, how would it be fair for consoles to get umbra when 99% of players on pc don't have excal prime either,  personally i don't think umbra is going to be a prime or equivalent like everyone's hoping, umbra prime was the chinese exclusive and it can't be put on the main build for the same reason they can't put excal prime back up, umbra is still a long way off anyway just be happy its coming at all, once all is said and done it is a pretty skin.

12 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Consoles have there exclusive skins. I want and compensation for these then...

There is exclusive skin for Steam users.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/670740/Warframe_Piercing_Step_Pinnacle_Pack/

13 minutes ago, SurrealEdge said:

This isn't even constructive feedback.

Consoles have their exclusive skins, PC had the founders pack, but only people that were around to get founders could purchase the pack. Reason why consoles didn't get Excalibur Prime is that, the game has been founded and funded by the people that bought the packs when it was on PC before production started on PS4 and Xbox One.

Excalibur Prime may be a PC exclusive frame, but he's on a different level of exclusivity due to not being available again after the founders program had ended. So no, wanting Excalibur Umbra to only be a console exclusive frame is not only just nitpicking, but downright selfish for those that want him as well as a replacement for Excalibur Prime.

Indeed. As good as Excalibur Umbra may be, he will never be exclusive to single platform. He is part of next cinematic quest.

Edited by Corial

4 minutes ago, Corial said:

These skins are no compensation for the console skins. I want a compensation for these.
Or in other words: My demand sounds just as silly as the OP's. That's all I want to show. And you didn't get it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

These skins are no compensation for the console skins. I want a compensation for these.
Or in other words: My demand sounds just as silly as the OP's. That's all I want to show. And you didn't get it.

Well said.

1 hour ago, Naruchico said:

I'm going to go with ALT-Excalibur, so different stats, most likely different abilities, and will have nothing to do with china-frame as they want to distance from that because of legal reasons, I'm going to guess instead of radial-blind some sort of armor strip ability, instead of slash/dash be like a bleeding cut thingy, instead of javelin an aura of some sort, and instead of exalted probably a blind/darkness/invisibility something or another.

all speculative but I am just guessing it's going to be an alt/anti-frame of some variety and we probably sacrifice the normal frame to get the alt-version (hence the "it's free and cannot be purchased") so basically it will replace current frame(I also suspect if you sacrifice a prime frame to it you get prime stats instead of lower end stats in non-excal cases)...so I wouldn't be surprised if we get "umbra-frost" after that and they probably can slow down on new frames and add in "umbra" quests.

yes please

After all this time, finally the Umbra is here, and know, long wait, what would make the Umbra interest and coveted?
The same abilities? It will be extremely disappointing.

Even some players believe it is going to be just a re-skin with better stats, it will not be interest to the community, such a shame to DE.
What we waiting for? My thoughts:

- the 3 same abilities with some "dark skin"
- the original passive transformed in abilities with better results
- and the 5th is that leaked "Umbra Lance" different to each or equal to all?

Hey [DE] please suprise us!

I will agree with the OP for one reason, and one reason only.

I have an acquaintance that plays PC and is massively butthurt that he didn't get Excalibur Prime considering he only started playing this game like a year ago and he plays Excalibur almost exclusively.

He's massively butthurt that he isn't getting Excalibur Umbra Prime, but it warming up to the idea of Excalibur Umbra to at least have something. His head would explode if he found out he wasn't getting his Umbra, and I would be there to record his reaction for YouTube.... :crylaugh: 

38 minutes ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

His 1 will be super jump, his 2's a forward auper jump, his 3 will make him super jump from enemy to enemy, his 4 will be a rapid super jump that causes an earthquake.

Yiss i secretly always wanted Super Mario to be the first Umbra.

Warframe should change name to Super Ki-Teer B(a)ros Online and Baro should start selling mushrooms. :thumbup: :crylaugh:

16 hours ago, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

I will agree with the OP for one reason, and one reason only.

I have an acquaintance that plays PC and is massively butthurt that he didn't get Excalibur Prime considering he only started playing this game like a year ago and he plays Excalibur almost exclusively.

He's massively butthurt that he isn't getting Excalibur Umbra Prime, but it warming up to the idea of Excalibur Umbra to at least have something. His head would explode if he found out he wasn't getting his Umbra, and I would be there to record his reaction for YouTube.... :crylaugh: 

While it's obvious Excal Umbra will be released on PC, you can still record his somewhat opposite reaction when he finds out Excalibur Umbra and Excalibur Umbra Prime are the same thing (Prime was used in Chinese marketing so their founders can feel special and so that no one asks why is there no Excal Prime in Chinaframe).

14 hours ago, TennoPain said:

well i hope umbra haz different abbilitys 

What's the point of calling Excalibur a frame with abilities different from Excalibur? IMO the only thing about Excal Umbra's general gameplay should be a visual difference of his abilities (unsheathed Exalted Nikana Prime, DE, please).

As for some real differencies, I hope that "Umbra system" mentioned long ago will be a new layer of gameplay, something we have never seen yet. No idea what this could be, but I hope it won't break the frame's identity.