Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

17 hours ago, --B--Kyle- said:

After all this time, finally the Umbra is here, and know, long wait, what would make the Umbra interest and coveted?
The same abilities? It will be extremely disappointing.

Even some players believe it is going to be just a re-skin with better stats, it will not be interest to the community, such a shame to DE.
What we waiting for? My thoughts:

- the 3 same abilities with some "dark skin"
- the original passive transformed in abilities with better results
- and the 5th is that leaked "Umbra Lance" different to each or equal to all?

Hey [DE] please suprise us!

(Emphasis mine) I'm not quite sure what you're saying here, but Umbra Lance is already in the game and it has nothing to do with Umbra Excalibur. It's a Zenurik Focus ability that deals damage over time to nearby enemies.

14 hours ago, Ksaero said:

While it's obvious Excal Umbra will be released on PC, you can still record his somewhat opposite reaction when he finds out Excalibur Umbra and Excalibur Umbra Prime are the same thing (Prime was used in Chinese marketing so their founders can feel special and so that no one asks why is there no Excal Prime in Chinaframe).

The skin is the same between the two, but I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere that the stats between the Umbra and Umbra Prime are the same. If so, then that is lucky for him, and every player I suppose. Hehe

That... makes absolutely no sense. Like at all. It's just plain silly. The Founders Packs were a thank you from the devs to the players that showed faith in the game at the very beginning, without them it simply wouldn't exist today. This has nothing to do with Umbra frames in the first place. It doesn't give any right or reason for anyone to demand, ask or even suggest that kind of thing, or any other kind of thing simply because the Founders Packs were a thing one day. It's not a valid reason. And hell, after 5 freaking years, Founder items and their unavailability still cause tensions today. And you want to add more of that on top of it? Are you crazy OP? Have you lost your mind? Do you really hate Digital Extremes, Warframe and its community that much?^^'

The facepalm is strong in this one.

Edited by Marthrym

Sigh I'm sorry but to all the people that still talk about Warframes originally being people wearing a kind of exo-suit, no. Just no, we have so much that has said that isn't and never was the case... I mean, putting aside the fact that we know warframes are infested bodies just look at Rhino Prime'scodex and listen to the Valkyr Prime trailer. the codex for Rhino is describing a pre-transferrence, pre-warframe, prototype Rhino; an infested beast based upon a human host, rampaging through the research facility where they were clearly trying to develop the infestation into a controllable weapon. Then in The Valkyr Prime trailer Ballas talks about Warframes pretty candidly, speaking of them as 'Tenno tamed, but only just' and 'Cursed and hunted as game, trapped and tortured' yet remaining 'animals, less than their human seed'. I very much doubt they were ever anything like depicted in quests like the Limbo Theorem. I see that as misinterpretation. In fact, Mirage actually makes sense if you look at it as a Tenno transferred into a Mirage warframe and then somehow bound to it by a Sentient Wyrm-Ship before it incinerated the Warframe.

3 hours ago, Tarak said:

Sigh I'm sorry but to all the people that still talk about Warframes originally being people wearing a kind of exo-suit, no. Just no, we have so much that has said that isn't and never was the case... I mean, putting aside the fact that we know warframes are infested bodies just look at Rhino Prime'scodex and listen to the Valkyr Prime trailer. the codex for Rhino is describing a pre-transferrence, pre-warframe, prototype Rhino; an infested beast based upon a human host, rampaging through the research facility where they were clearly trying to develop the infestation into a controllable weapon. Then in The Valkyr Prime trailer Ballas talks about Warframes pretty candidly, speaking of them as 'Tenno tamed, but only just' and 'Cursed and hunted as game, trapped and tortured' yet remaining 'animals, less than their human seed'. I very much doubt they were ever anything like depicted in quests like the Limbo Theorem. I see that as misinterpretation. In fact, Mirage actually makes sense if you look at it as a Tenno transferred into a Mirage warframe and then somehow bound to it by a Sentient Wyrm-Ship before it incinerated the Warframe.

Well said. I hope The Sacrifice gives us some deeper insight on the creation of our mysterious warframes.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, DoflamingoGT said:

Is there any information if Umbra Excalbur will be bought with platinum or acquired from a quest or both? Also will Prime Excalibur ever return back 

No frame will ever be only obtainable with plat. DE has already said you'll get Umbra from a quest, obviously you can either do the quest or buy him with plat your choice. But never will it ever be just plat. Excal, lato and skana prime will never ever come back no matter what It's a dead topic. Founders was a 1 time thing, it was for those who were around at the time and had the ability to fund the game. Since without founders Warframe wouldn't be here today. 

Edited by SolaireTheSunWalker