Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon

DonGheddo

1 hour ago, LuckyCharm said:

As a vet, whos experienced pretty much all the game has to offer so far, im fine with weak enemies during the day there. I have parts and materials to farm, places to explore. This certainly doesnt sound like the last landscape theyd make either. I can imagine a sedna landscape in the future would be much harder. 

Personally i just hope they add environmental hazards and weather

Ok, if you enjoy mindlessly nuking enemies level 5 enemies with Ember, there's nothing wrong with that. I'm just asking to give vets an option for enemies to be a little tougher. 

I'm not saying it needs to be sortie level, but Earth level enemies are just too extremely easy. 

There are many players that don't just want a walking simulator. Why even have enemies at all if they practically do nothing to a vet player?

I still find it confusing people are so...."I like level 1 enemies, gathering resources is all I need"... Seriously?

Edited by Hypernaut1

Its only the possible start of the open world maps. If people actually like them, and not just the idea of them like conclave and archwing, and lunaro etc. Then there will be more large maps for other planets. And it does nothing to take away from the random maps. Its just a different style.

Some game modes would just work better on small tile sets. Its likely easier on your machine to kill hordes on a small defense map then try and add a defense to a open world map. And spy, rescue, survival. There can be alternate versions on big maps but bigger isn't always the best.

Edited by Firetempest

PoE is the first of likely many Landscape Areas D is working on, and it's on a starter  planet.

Let the monster levels be low.DE explicitly said they want  the Day for newer players to draw them in, let the challenging content be at night. Or only allow higher level mobs (50+) when you're doing specific missions.

If you're jumping into it randomly let the monsters be average /low levels. Maybe on other future landscape can have a higher base level of monsters as they're on harder planets.

5 hours ago, Chewarette said:

Well, I think the high-level-instancing should be spread solar-system-wide, at all.

We don't need to have only one challenging area. I want to do challenging runs on Venus, Saturn, Earth, Lua, EVERYWHERE.

4 minutes ago, Buzkyl said:

PoE is the first of likely many Landscape Areas D is working on, and it's on a starter  planet.

Let the monster levels be low.DE explicitly said they want  the Day for newer players to draw them in, let the challenging content be at night. Or only allow higher level mobs (50+) when you're doing specific missions.

If you're jumping into it randomly let the monsters be average /low levels. Maybe on other future landscape can have a higher base level of monsters as they're on harder planets.

I have nothing against it being a low level. I'm simply asking for the option to select a higher difficulty so some of us can truly enjoy the landscape beyond just flying around. Gathering resources will only last so long. Accepting quest will simply be walk from point a to b if the enemies pose absolutely no challenge whatsoever. Earth level enemies can barely scratch a fully modded WF. 

Edited by Hypernaut1

38 minutes ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

Actually we will be able to use Arch-abilities, as the gameplay teaser showed us. We see them using the Odonata's missile barrage. 

Right but the assumption is that it would be too OP for the normal power level of Archwings to be brought to the ground so we are expecting DE to make some kind of restrictions like "due to gravity the power of archwings are severely reduced in the planet" or something like that. Basically, they won't be of much use in PoE other than travel. This is all speculations ofcourse. 

1 minute ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I have nothing against it being a low level. I'm simply asking for the option to select a higher difficulty so some of us can truly enjoy the landscape beyond just flying around. Gathering resources will only last so long. ,

But, isn't that the point of the Night time feature? Which is tailored specifically towards Vets, it's even gated from New players because it needs it's own quest to unlock.

My only concern is that i hope Night feature's a base level raise to atleast 40 for spawned creatures, even feature tougher/new grineer enemies that only spawn at night. I have no problem with you wanting a higher difficulty but it's already stated and from everything I've understood this is already being worked on, however it is locked away behind night mode.

9 minutes ago, Buzkyl said:

But, isn't that the point of the Night time feature?

Yes, but I'd also agree with the OP that it isn't enough, in the same way that the three sortie missions per day don't make up for the rest of the star chart being too low leveled for much of the playerbase.

I think the OP making this thread about PoE, doesn't quite address the big picture which is that many of us want some sort of toggle to make literally the entire star chart and everything on it to be an acceptable lvl of challenge.

Edited by rapt0rman

the hub area where you craft weapons will have 50 ppl. Right now the plains will only have 4 and maybe more in the future.

I mean you're correct in a way but its a player preference thing. The game is free to play so if they came to the game only to play the open world bit and leave it's not a big deal. If they had to pay to play I can see where showing them open space and them putting them in normal missions might be an issue. I'm sure many players will come to try it out and leave after PoE. Much like how TWW had a the biggest peak players or something than the next month a bunch of people left. It's a normal thing to occur for a game that updates regularly.

6 hours ago, FairyTael said:

Um...that was my first post in this thread, so....I'm pretty sure you have me confused with someone else.

They already stated that the explorable map section is limited to 4 players at a time and that they've been working on "seamless" transitions.

If you put those two things together, and look at the footage, it appears that you and your "team" of up to 4 enter the outpost which is hosted on a relay like server but when you exit into the open world map you are moved to a host service based on party composition.

You are correct sorry its -Amaterasu-, Upon which i say agian whom you must not have read how insanely laggy for a person to host a 3km map that is not a simple repeating tile set. This isnt a tile set, this a single map the only thing randomized is the enemies. But whatever we will see players connections die abruptly because a bit of people for w/e reasons cant even keep decent settings without lag and others cant even support a single DEFENSE tileset.

On 7/9/2017 at 10:36 PM, -Amaterasu- said:

From what I saw it looked like it was all just pre-rendered world space like any mmo and would probably be hosted on a server like the relays so that the enviornment persists when things aren't being rendered so I doubt moving "too" fast would ever be an issue if you ever had issues with rendering things it would be something for you to fix in your settings like lowering your rendering distance so you don't load and unload half the map every 3 seconds because you like playing with your glaive with Ivara.

Go into fallout and or skyrim and jack your speed up via console and go running at insane speeds, you WILL run itno spots that have not rendered/loaded up enemies or anything if you go that fast.

No game loads that far away

not a issue.

I want you to see it from my eyes and experiences.

I Absolutely love open world games (when they are done right) but when i started playing warframe i still loved it because the tileset system is amazing and have his strong points.

Opens world:

-immersive

-capable to tell a story trough enviroment

-more impact at face value

--become stale because it's not random, so you will have the same terrain with the same rocks.

--Demanding for hardware

Tilebased:

--Harder to make it immersive, because of the loadings.

-Capable to tell you a story trough rooms (tiles), making you move instead of standing still and moving the mouse.

-More dinamyc enemy wise, with hidden spawns.

- Randomized, remain fresh for longer, easier to develop (i guess).

-less demanding, no render until u open the door.

The two system togheter if the theme of the game is constant and coherent can be complementary.

4 minutes ago, TotallyLagging said:

So... What happens if a new player decides to stay till night time? Do they just get kicked? Something like Ordis forcefully extracting you like in Archwing modes?

steve said in a tweet they will be "Trasferred" away, i guess they will use the archwing little cinematic (the one when the camera start to move toward the night monster) to make people return to cetus or go away from the node entirely. The requirement to stay for the night is TWW.

36 minutes ago, kyori said:

Not sure why TWW is like a benchmark... since many players in sortie nowadays still need to be carried.

The main reason being story and spoilers I believe. It would be like doing TWW without ever doing Second dream. With the Sentients being a thing in PoE and the operator focus how can you expect people to comprehend what is going on or participate when the required mechanics and lore are still locked behind a mission wall. What I don't get is the implication that High MR = Skill. When MR is just a meter of how much grinding you've done.

2 hours ago, unknow99 said:

Spy things in these landscapes. 

I don't know, a reason to sneak around, quietly shoot arrows from the side of a cliff,use the environment to my advantage & make sure it looked like an accident...

+1

16 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

Yes, but I'd also agree with the OP that it isn't enough, in the same way that the three sortie missions per day don't make up for the rest of the star chart being too low leveled for much of the playerbase.

I think the OP making this thread about PoE, doesn't quite address the big picture which is that many of us want some sort of toggle to make literally the entire star chart and everything on it to be an acceptable lvl of challenge.

This was supposed to be part of start chart 3.0, but was scrapped for some reason.

I'd love it if we could access a hard mode for the star chart. Maybe just give us 15-20% affinity/resources.

My thought is that they didn't want to fracture the player base, but then again, it's not like high level players play on low SC levels anyway. We are already separated.