Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gender swap skins for existing Warframes? (lol I don't know)

(XBOX)creeper1242

Maybe.. just maybe... we could have alternate Warframe skins that completely swaps the gender of the Warframe. I mean, we all saw ash's early concept art and equinox is sort of a male, female Warframe depending on either day or night form.

i could just be trippin but who knows, might as well at least put that in perspective....

30 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Sure why not, its just skins meaning its extra plat for DE.

Well firstly, saying "just skins" like the artists can just bang them out in an afternoon is a little naive.  A nice skin is quite a bit of work.  

Besides, they aren't, actually, "just skins" - you need a new model too, because male/female are different shapes.  And if you have a new model, you likely need new animations to go with it.  In the end, to make these "just skins" you're doing most of the work for a new frame, so you may as well do the remaining work (theme & power design) and get a whole new frame out of it that's going to appeal to many more players and can be sold at a higher price.

Just now, Tuoweit said:

Well firstly, saying "just skins" like the artists can just bang them out in an afternoon is a little naive.  A nice skin is quite a bit of work.  

Besides, they aren't, actually, "just skins" - you need a new model too, because male/female are different shapes.  And if you have a new model, you likely need new animations to go with it.  In the end, to make these "just skins" you're doing most of the work for a new frame, so you may as well do the remaining work (theme & power design) and get a whole new frame out of it that's going to appeal to many more players and can be sold at a higher price.

All they need to do is to make them more expensive.

For example im sure that the most basic model we have currently is excalibur, giving him boos shouldnt be too hard and im sure people would buy it even if it would cost 200 plat.

31 minutes ago, yles9056 said:

I think Scott once said there won't be any dancing warframe. But now we have Octavia. Maybe it's time to reconsider the possibility.

The difference is that Octavia is new content with a new role and generates revenue.
Creating 60 new models and textures that all need their own rigging for armour, weapon placement, holsters & all that is.. so much work. And it's not something that generates revenue. And then there's Nyx & Excalibur. They're already female and male variation of the same type of model. How would they get opposites if they  already exist?

Then we have all the deluxes, tenno-gen, immortal skins and such that wouldn't work on a completely new model.. So re-do all those or lose access to all those when swapping gender.  So nearly 3 times more work than already mentioned OR just leave it as a terribly optimized feature not worth spending anything on because of the cosmetics you already have not being transferable.

16 hours ago, (Xbox One)creeper1242 said:

Maybe.. just maybe... we could have alternate Warframe skins that completely swaps the gender of the Warframe. I mean, we all saw ash's early concept art and equinox is sort of a male, female Warframe depending on either day or night form.

i could just be trippin but who knows, might as well at least put that in perspective....

DE said Equinox is 2 twin women. So you lost me on how Equinox is sort of a male..
1 woman + 1 woman = sort of a male ?

Edited by Navarchus

6 hours ago, Navarchus said:

-snip-

OP said "skin", so I imagine gender swap skins work just like deluxe skins. You can't equip deluxe skin and immortal skin at the same time, right? There's no need to create gender swap version of existing skins.

Besides, DE don't have to release all gender swap skins at the same time. They don't even have to make gender swap skins for every frame.

Edited by yles9056

22 hours ago, yles9056 said:

I think Scott once said there won't be any dancing warframe. But now we have Octavia. Maybe it's time to reconsider the possibility.

And dancing emotes to boot!

They say no now, but I can see them implementing this in the future in some way. I wouldn't hold my breath for it though.

Edited by Hypernaut1

Didn't they say they would consider TennoGen gender swaps recently?

Personally, I don't care if someone wants to genderbend their favorite Warframe.  It really doesn't  effect my enjoyment of the game.

Hek, most of The time the team is either split up or moving too fast to really see their fashionframe.

I'm down for more customizations. 

Edited by MagPrime

Basic thing on any other mmo. Also I would like gender swaps but of course not with the same name but the same models with their alternative gender counterpair, There are options for naming them and keeping their skills just changing their look.

Female rhino anyone? 

On 7/17/2017 at 9:13 PM, (Xbox One)creeper1242 said:

Ok how the Flip do I delete this post?!