Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Login Rewards kind of unattainable for new players

eksby

I really hate the community sometimes. The stupidity, selfishness, hypocrisy. What boggles me the most is how can you deny someone something that you already have for no real reason. Giving others an opportunity to catch up won't hurt you in any way. WHY ARE YOU SO GOD DAMN AGAINST IT? Because you don't give a S#&$ about others. Your &#! is comfy, you either don't care about the milestones or you get them the week or the next when they are released. In this cases you don't really wait for the rewards like the others, do you? Now i know this is hard but try to put yourself in someone else's shoos. There is a weapon reward that you really want, an awesome weapon but you'll have to wait a @(*()$ year to get it. And when you finally get it they release another awesome gun for which you'll have to wait another year, and so on. The task to log in every day is not the problem here, THE WAIT IS. And waiting for something for 50 days compared to a year or more is a big difference, don't you think? So stop comparing the players with all the login rewards with others that are behind, saying they all have to go trough the same grind, because we don't.

And if you really love this game and the content is so far from reach ofc you'll be upset.

But what, do you guys want to be special snowflakes? Like some of the closed beta players want to be and how founders are? Really, i have jet to see a valid reason for defending this system.

The days you logged in mean S#&$. It just says you learned about this awesome game before the others but says S#&$ about your dedication and love to this game. I know players that have half the hours in the game i have and they already have primed shred. Do they really deserve it? What was a hard task they needed to do to obtain these items? REMEMBER TO LOG IN FOR A @(*()$ MINUTE A DAY. 

Any kind of exclusivity creates toxin. Making players that were here first privileged is wrong. So in my opinion they either make a way for others to catch up or stop giving awesome rewards as milestones.

11 minutes ago, PakkiTheDog said:

I really hate the community sometimes. The stupidity, selfishness, hypocrisy. What boggles me the most is how can you deny someone something that you already have for no real reason. Giving others an opportunity to catch up won't hurt you in any way. WHY ARE YOU SO GOD DAMN AGAINST IT? Because you don't give a S#&$ about others. Your &#! is comfy, you either don't care about the milestones or you get them the week or the next when they are released. In this cases you don't really wait for the rewards like the others, do you? Now i know this is hard but try to put yourself in someone else's shoos. There is a weapon reward that you really want, an awesome weapon but you'll have to wait a @(*()$ year to get it. And when you finally get it they release another awesome gun for which you'll have to wait another year, and so on. The task to log in every day is not the problem here, THE WAIT IS. And waiting for something for 50 days compared to a year or more is a big difference, don't you think? So stop comparing the players with all the login rewards with others that are behind, saying they all have to go trough the same grind, because we don't.

And if you really love this game and the content is so far from reach ofc you'll be upset.

But what, do you guys want to be special snowflakes? Like some of the closed beta players want to be and how founders are? Really, i have jet to see a valid reason for defending this system.

The days you logged in mean S#&$. It just says you learned about this awesome game before the others but says S#&$ about your dedication and love to this game. I know players that have half the hours in the game i have and they already have primed shred. Do they really deserve it? What was a hard task they needed to do to obtain these items? REMEMBER TO LOG IN FOR A @(*()$ MINUTE A DAY. 

Any kind of exclusivity creates toxin. Making players that were here first privileged is wrong. So in my opinion they either make a way for others to catch up or stop giving awesome rewards as milestones.

Cool story bro. Lemme shake your hand with my Zenistar using hand cause clearly your the only toxic one here right now.

Edited by Knight_Ex

17 minutes ago, PakkiTheDog said:

But what, do you guys want to be special snowflakes?

This same thing could also be said of those who want it changed.  Do they want to be special snowflakes?

Really, i have jet to see a valid reason for defending this system.

And yet there hasn't been a valid reason to oppose it also. 

Making players that were here first privileged is wrong. So in my opinion they either make a way for others to catch up or stop giving awesome rewards as milestones.

I don't know if you intended to come off this way or not, but this sounds/reads like someone who believes they are entitled.   

I'm not saying this to attack you, but to show how some of your statements can be viewed differently or even flipped to counter productive to your argument. 

Edited by DatDarkOne

11 minutes ago, PakkiTheDog said:

Now i know this is hard but try to put yourself in someone else's shoos. There is a weapon reward that you really want, an awesome weapon but you'll have to wait a @(*()$ year to get it. And when you finally get it they release another awesome gun for which you'll have to wait another year, and so on.

There was an awesome reward - Azima. I saw it when It was 50 days ahead. I waited, I got it. I didn't play each and every day because of RL, so I lagged a bit behind. I saw that awesome flame disc which I didn't even know the purpose of and whether it was a weapon or some new hidden skill. A couple of months later I learned it is special attack from a melee weapon - Zenistar - I can get from a login reward. I played some more and got it after half a year. Now I knew there definitely is a pattern. Later I saw mention about the Zenith, so I waited another total of 200 days to get it. I got it. I still live, I still play, I had almost everything there was to get at each milestone, yet I continued playing. New players have a train of other stuff to get themselves busy with, yet they wail about login rewards. They are no different from "vet" players, they are in no way special. Let them wait.

7 minutes ago, Knight_Ex said:

Cool story bro. Lemme shake your hand with my Zenistar using hand cause clearly your the only toxic one here right now.

My exact point on how people are incapable of looking from someone else's point of view, and instead of giving some logical arguments just go for the provocations. 

3 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

This same thing could also be said of those who want it changed.  Do they want to be special snowflakes?

How are you a special snowflake if everybody has the same thing???

3 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

And yet there hasn't been a valid reason to oppose it also. 

Someone wants to use the weapon. How is that not a valid point? Same rights?

4 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

I don't know if you intended to come off this way or not, but this sounds/reads like someone believes they are entitled.   

I'm not saying this to attack you, but to show how some of your statements can be viewed differently or even flipped to counter productive to your argument. 

I want to have the same rights and chances like everybody else has. When the new thing comes out i'd like to have it, especially if it has such nice abilities like the zenistar and the zenith has. How would others feel if when we get umbra they'll have to wait for a year or more because they started to play the game late? It's the same S#&$, just different kind of content, the kind more people care about.

15 minutes ago, Bouldershoulder said:

There was an awesome reward - Azima. I saw it when It was 50 days ahead. I waited, I got it. I didn't play each and every day because of RL, so I lagged a bit behind. I saw that awesome flame disc which I didn't even know the purpose of and whether it was a weapon or some new hidden skill. A couple of months later I learned it is special attack from a melee weapon - Zenistar - I can get from a login reward. I played some more and got it after half a year. Now I knew there definitely is a pattern. Later I saw mention about the Zenith, so I waited another total of 200 days to get it. I got it. I still live, I still play, I had almost everything there was to get at each milestone, yet I continued playing. New players have a train of other stuff to get themselves busy with, yet they wail about login rewards. They are no different from "vet" players, they are in no way special. Let them wait.

The way you describe your experience i'd immediately put you in the "don't really care about the milestone" group. And like it was said multiple times before, if a couple of people don't have a problem with a part of the game that doesn't mean that there isn't a problem. Hema anyone?

14 minutes ago, PakkiTheDog said:

I want to have the same rights and chances like everybody else has.  When the new thing comes out i'd like to have it, especially if it has such nice abilities like the zenistar and the zenith has.

Uhh, you do have the same rights and chances as everyone else to those same items.  This is what I meant by "entitled" and "special snowflake being flipped back on you".  What makes you or anyone else so special that you or they deserve special treatment to receive those items outside of the ways that everyone else has to them.  When you or them can give a good answer to that then I will completely change my stance and support you.

12 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Uhh, you do have the same rights and chances as everyone else to those same items.  This is what I meant by "entitled" and "special snowflake being flipped back on you".  What makes you or anyone else so special that you or they deserve special treatment to receive those items outside of the ways that everyone else has to them.  When you or them can give a good answer to that then I will completely change my stance and support you.

Because this is a video game. And we all want to have fun and get a chance to use all of the gear. It doesn't hurt anyone to give people reasonable ways to access said gear. Because exclusivity is a bad business model. It separates the community based on an arbitrary stat. I can't go back in time and start logging in everyday to be at the same day as you.

On the flip side the only reason people seem to have for not changing it is "if I did it why can't you". 

Edited by (PS4)CaseFace8
typo

3 minutes ago, (PS4)CaseFace8 said:

Because this is a video game. And we all want to have fun and get a chance to you all of the gear. It doesn't hurt anyone to give people reasonable ways to access said gear.

In that case, then I want every special promotion the consoles have had ever.  I want to have the totally PS4 exclusive Ivara skin to be given to me on my PC. If you guys can have it, then so should I. 

When I get all that, then you can have whatever login reward you want at whatever time you want it at.  See just how idiotic that sounded when you consider the full context of things. 

4 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

In that case, then I want every special promotion the consoles have had ever.  I want to have the totally PS4 exclusive Ivara skin to be given to me on my PC. If you guys can have it, then so should I. 

When I get all that, then you can have whatever login reward you want at whatever time you want it at.  See just how idiotic that sounded when you consider the full context of things. 

What is idiotic is blackmailing content that you already have for content you want. Denying someone an item for no real reason or any profit whatsoever. I already said in my rant, my experience and yours is not the same, your waiting for 50 days is not equal to my waiting of 200+ days. If you didn't see this two reasons when you read my first post and didn't see any logic in them than you aren't open to being convinced otherwise. Either that or logically prove my 2 above mentioned points to be wrong.

As for platform exclusives goes. PC has their exclusives and consoles have their exclusives and all are bullS#&$. It's like what was suggested a while back about exclusive primed frames. Someone suggested that Chroma prime would come only on PC, Mesa on PS4 and some other frame would be xbox exclusive. This is the same S#&$ as skins only more people care about frames than skins and this kind of bullS#&$ wouldn't pass. Like CaseFace said, any kind of exclusives is bad, separates the community and creates toxin.

LOL in before mod locks this thread for rambling stupidity, he started off with a point and now has devolved into a mudslinging contest, my last words, "Do the time, get the reward, there are no shortcuts in life even if you have the money and want to be a whale".

3 minutes ago, PakkiTheDog said:

What is idiotic is blackmailing content that you already have for content you want.

That was the point of my post.  To show this whole topic as being somewhat idiotic. 

1 minute ago, Knight_Ex said:

LOL in before mod locks this thread for rambling stupidity, he started off with a point and now has devolved into a mudslinging contest, my last words, "Do the time, get the reward, there are no shortcuts in life even if you have the money and want to be a whale".

Word!!

Someone suggested a token system awhile back.  IIRC, it would grant set amounts of tokens at the 50/100/150/200, etc., day rotations.  These tokens could then be used to purchase items from the market.

Personally, I think this is a much better idea over set rewards.  

Don't worry, everyone still "does the time" but the only shortcut is being able to chose which reward you actually want. I mean, not everyone wants Primed Shred, it's a shotgun mod and as far as I've seen, shotties aren't that popular.

Is not the entire point of the log in reward to get you to log in? DE wants people to log in for 600 days. It's simple as that.

From personal experience, I think it's successful. There have been many times where I only logged in to make log in progress, and ended up playing an hour or two for various reasons.

So yeah, I don't see them changing it for a few impatient entitled players as if they don't have tons of other things to do already in game.

"Look at all these doctors! Why do I need to be in school got 8 years too! Just give my degree!" Some things just take time

Edited by Hypernaut1

Just now, MagPrime said:

Someone suggested a token system awhile back.  IIRC, it would grant set amounts of tokens at the 50/100/150/200, etc., day rotations.  These tokens could then be used to purchase items from the market.

Personally, I think this is a much better idea over set rewards.  

Don't worry, everyone still "does the time" but the only shortcut is being able to chose which reward you actually want. I mean, not everyone wants Primed Shred, it's a shotgun mod and as far as I've seen, shotties aren't that popular.

Your still using a shortcut, lets put it this way, I did not want the azima, I wanted zenistar, unfortunately that was the weapon I had to get first, again this cannot be implemented for the backlash it would cause within the community, no shortcuts, do the time and take the good and the bad, I still have 90 days before I get the Zenith.

2 minutes ago, Knight_Ex said:

Your still using a shortcut, lets put it this way, I did not want the azima, I wanted zenistar, unfortunately that was the weapon I had to get first, again this cannot be implemented for the backlash it would cause within the community, no shortcuts, do the time and take the good and the bad, I still have 90 days before I get the Zenith.

I already said it is a short cut.

Why should we stick with a flawed system when there are better options?

What backlash would occur?  

The only compliant that I can see if people being upset that they wasted so much time on the current login system when they could have had a more inclusive one to begin with.

A token system would still require daily logins to gain the most tokens, people are still "doing the time" the only difference would be that they could choose their rewards and bank login tokens for future rewards.

5 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

That was the point of my post.  To show this whole topic as being somewhat idiotic. 

Word!!

The word is "Hypocrite". Saying you want to be convinced otherwise but avoiding the topic/talking points.

4 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

2 minutes ago, Knight_Ex said:

Say this to the player that just started to play the game and is going to have to wait 2 years to obtain the reward. And like said multiple times before your path is easier, you are going to wait less time than said player for said weapon. Stop thinking only about yourself and look from someone else's perspective. If you don't have a problem with this system it doesn't mean that everybody else doesn't either. And why would you be against a solution that would make everybody else happy as well?

And do you know why i am being so angry? It doesn't have that much to do with the login rewards, i pretty much gave up on them and was recently reminded by this post. The thing that really gets me angry is the toxic community and the stupidity of the players. The fact that you can't reason with a person as they do not wish to listen. This is what makes me angry and sad at the same time.

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

Truthfully, the same backlash that would happen if someone skipped everyone in shopping line or some other standing line in real life.  It's a very similar situation to that.  I wouldn't recommend you trying this one out if you haven't seen what happens previously.  Just giving some perspective fellow Tenno.  :D 

Just now, PakkiTheDog said:

The word is "Hypocrite". Saying you want to be convinced otherwise but avoiding the topic/talking points.

Say this to the player that just started to play the game and is going to have to wait 2 years to obtain the reward. And like said multiple times before your path is easier, you are going to wait less time than said player for said weapon. Stop thinking only about yourself and look from someone else's perspective. If you don't have a problem with this system it doesn't mean that everybody else doesn't either. And why would you be against a solution that would make everybody else happy as well?

And do you know why i am being so angry? It doesn't have that much to do with the login rewards, i pretty much gave up on them and was recently reminded by this post. The thing that really gets me angry is the toxic community and the stupidity of the players. The fact that you can't reason with a person as they do not wish to listen. This is what makes me angry and sad at the same time.

Well no ones sticking a gun to your head to play the game, if you hate it so much then why torture yourself further? Just leave and be done with this game and its unreasonably anti-newbie horrible login reward system,

To all player out there.

relax bro. This is not the same case as excalibro prime.

you actually can get it.

and that's good enough.

I myself already have it  and i still have no plan on using it. So yeah you can actually survive without it. Its a PVE game. So no pressure really 

2 minutes ago, PakkiTheDog said:

Wrong.  I didn't say that at all.  What I did say is the following quote:

1 hour ago, DatDarkOne said:

What makes you or anyone else so special that you or they deserve special treatment to receive those items outside of the ways that everyone else has to them.  When you or them can give a good answer to that then I will completely change my stance and support you.

I have not received or seen a good answer to that question.  You just misread my earlier statement. 

1 minute ago, DatDarkOne said:

Truthfully, the same backlash that would happen if someone skipped everyone in shopping line or some other standing line in real life.  It's a very similar situation to that.  I wouldn't recommend you trying this one out if you haven't seen what happens previously.  Just giving some perspective fellow Tenno.  :D 

I understand you're providing perspective.  Please understand, I'm not picking a fight, I'm enjoying these topics.

However, I don't see the similarities between line jumping and a token system.  I think an arcade would be a better simile.  You play as you choose, are rewarded with tickets (tokens) depending on your dedication, and then you take those up and pick the "prize" you want.  Everyone is still waiting their turn, they just have different amounts of tickets.

8 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I already said it is a short cut.

Why should we stick with a flawed system when there are better options?

The only compliant that I can see if people being upset that they wasted so much time on the current login system when they could have had a more inclusive one to begin with.

A token system would still require daily logins to gain the most tokens, people are still "doing the time" the only difference would be that they could choose their rewards and bank login tokens for future rewards.

You just trade in old complaints for new ones. You don't think there will be the SAME topper if entitled players complaining about how long it takes get 100 tokens? 

Also, that defeats the purpose of DE encouraging continuous logins. DE wants people to keep logging in... And I think it's successful. 

Anyone that cares that much about login rewards will probably play enough to eventually get them anyway.... And if they don't care to play enough, then they should've even care to get weapon.