Jump to content

Login Rewards kind of unattainable for new players


eksby
 Share

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, Imniscor said:

The rewards should be tradable.

Excuse me while i open 300 new accounts so in the future i can sell those rewards off.

The whole reason DE hotfixed it so that login rewards aren't tradable is for this exact reason i just stated.

---------------------------------

 

Anyway, as a new player, you have very limited resources. Concerning yourself over a primed shred shouldn't be your immediate goal, but what you should be aspiring to. Heck, they should probably aspire lower: the Azima, Primed Fury, Zenistar..... There are still good/great tier rewards below that mod.

Also, the game has various non-skippable timelocks: Mastery Test (24hrs) and MR-locked weaponry & frames, Focus and syndicate, Sortie reward, arcane from raids, some of baros items etc....


I saw someone mention about paying plat for each day to play catchup. If the price per day to skip was 50plat (so skipping the full 600 days was 30,000 plat), id be ok with that. I would not accept anything less than that price.

Otherwise, patience is a virtue.

Edited by 321agemo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Suggestions for making it dependent on time played would be funny as it will create so many problems and bugs. Has to be modified to a multiplier as well which will make sure people don't start playing so much that they exceed the 600 days login guys.

For example say 12 hours is equal to 1 day. What happens to daily login status. Say I am at day 100 login. I have played 200 hours. This will mean I am 100 + 200/12 = 116 days. A player at 600 days of login and say 100 days in mission time will be at 700 days reward which doesn't even exist. 

2nd scenario : Scrap daily login and everything is dependent on in game time. What about the discount coupons, blueprints etc. Say a reward is set for every 12 hours played. So now everyone has to play insane amount of hours to get rewards. At 12 hours of a reward the person spend probably double the time to get these rewards. If its shorter say 6 hours for a reward a some players will grind 18 hours in a day to get 3 days worth of rewards. Cheese will be the main thing as everyone will just be afking and using macro enough to not count as AFK timer but it will become a grind fest of the likes which we havent seen. 

Daily rewards should not be touched in anyway. Maybe have cosmetics for further rewards. 

Edited by Kusungphak
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2017 at 10:16 AM, Hypernaut1 said:

What? No way. That's ridiculous. You would have afk farms for play time. 

The system is just fine the way it is. Logging in to make progress is fine. Having to stay logged in arbitrary for an hour to make progress is not

You can't be afk in the liset to rack up playtime. Playtime is equal to mission time. People could sit in a defense or something without activating the pod but that's their perogative. The game can easily have protocols in place to boot out of mission if defense, interception or survival missions aren't started within 10 minutes or so. 

Same sort of protocols could be created for other mission types, as needed.

Edited by Leqesai
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Leqesai said:

You can't be afk in the liset to rack up playtime. Playtime is equal to mission time. People could sit in a defense or something without activating the pod but that's their perogative. The game can easily have protocols in place to boot out of mission if defense, interception or survival missions aren't started within 10 minutes or so. 

Same sort of protocols could be created for other mission types, as needed.

And how world this system be any more fair that the one we have now? 

Instead of players being rewarded for checking the game it by logging in, it rewards people that marathon play the most? The current system rewards dedication and loyalty and not those that just marathon play for a few months.

Edited by Hypernaut1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have this bad habit of not logging in if I'm not going to play, so I'm like 350 days behind of those who've got Shred. But I would still say that the current system is fine and fair. You login (takes 1 minute) and you get rewards, you don't login and you don't get rewards. Everyone started/starts at day 1 so it can't really get more fair than that.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Vilmu said:

I have this bad habit of not logging in if I'm not going to play, so I'm like 350 days behind of those who've got Shred. But I would still say that the current system is fine and fair. You login (takes 1 minute) and you get rewards, you don't login and you don't get rewards. Everyone started/starts at day 1 so it can't really get more fair than that.

 

Not exactly.

The daily tribute system was introduced with the Update 18 on December 3rd, 2015.

I play since November, 2013 so basically i had already lost more than 2 years of daily login before the introduction of this system, because there was no retroactive way for veteran and i still think it was a bit unfair.

I am actually nearly 500 logins, i could have been nearly 1250, because i was logging daily at this moment.

Edited by Alpha56
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I understand why people don't want login rewards to be given to new players. There needs to be a cap at a reasonable point. We reached way too far. New players see all these cool weapons they can't get unless they login every day for over a year. Just make all the bonuses cosmetic and keep gameplay changers out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Alpha56 said:

Not exactly.

The daily tribute system was introduced with the Update 18 on December 3rd, 2015.

I play since November, 2013 so basically i had already lost more than 2 years of daily login before the introduction of this system, because there was no retroactive way for veteran and i still think it was a bit unfair.

I am actually nearly 500 logins, i could have been nearly 1250, because i was logging daily at this moment.

Totally different system prior to U18, why would it carry over. Current system doesn't penalize you for missing a day and thus resetting back to the start, now if you miss a day your at exactly the same place as when you last were able to log in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DE will probably have to consider introducing a token system in the future.  One day = one token.  One sigil/cosmetic = 50 tokens.  One actual item (mod or weapon or what-have-you) = 100 tokens.  It puts all the rewards within perceptive reach, but it keeps acquiring all of the rewards as a long term investment.

Yes, I'm okay with there being time gated rewards, but One merely needs to ask "is Primed Shred REALLY worth 600 logins?"  With tokens an individual can prioritize rewards based on what they think they'll get the most mileage out of and it means that DE can have quite a bit more room to make the weapons more than a fun and gimmicky piece of equipment that's around the Karak Wraith in terms of firepower.  Pretty sure people are WAY past needing the zenith by 500 days...

Edited by Littleman88
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2017/7/27 at 8:51 PM, Imniscor said:

Some people just login and out, like I do on Marvel Heroes.

That is not loyalty.

As I said, should be based on time played.

Well it's kind of not justified considering some working Tenno are struggling to play Warframe for a hour or two everyday while some unemployed losers are spending all the time on game. I'm not trying to be mean.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Littleman88 said:

DE will probably have to consider introducing a token system in the future.  One day = one token.  One sigil/cosmetic = 50 tokens.  One actual item (mod or weapon or what-have-you) = 100 tokens.  It puts all the rewards within perceptive reach, but it keeps acquiring all of the rewards as a long term investment.

Yes, I'm okay with there being time gated rewards, but One merely needs to ask "is Primed Shred REALLY worth 600 logins?"  With tokens an individual can prioritize rewards based on what they think they'll get the most mileage out of and it means that DE can have quite a bit more room to make the weapons more than a fun and gimmicky piece of equipment that's around the Karak Wraith in terms of firepower.  Pretty sure people are WAY past needing the zenith by 500 days...

This seems like the most reasonable alternative if they do consider changing it again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DE should calculate the days and make them miss the exact day reward and get which day they logged in reward, like if I registered in specific time, I'd get a reward from that specific time, and if I log off after some time, which like if I log off and come back after a year, I will get the 300 days reward instead of all the rewards I could've gotten if I logged in at that time. hope you catch me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is akin to saying "Olympic medals are unattainable to weekend-athletes..".. Ofcourse they are. That's the whole idea!

It's a reward, rewards reward you for something you did. That makes them special. Otherwise these are nothing more then Baro fodder. 

I honestly don't get where this idea of "we are all entitled to all the things" comes from. Yes, it might take over two years to get something. But that something isn't a mere present, it's a thank-you for your loyalty. And a loyalty for these spans of time SHOULD be significantly special. It's DE saying thanks for trusting and sticking with us. Newbe's have no rights to these rewards whatsoever.

Edited by ComCray
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dEjAvU5566 said:

See? Every time new login reward appears this thread resurrect from the tomb.

Git gud and start logining 600 days, problem solved.

Git gud by logging in, not sure you understand what git gud means...

 

Here is the way I look at things:

Imagine you find an awesome new game, see someone who has this cool weapon, that can improve your overall rank (ie mastery rank) in the game. Find out you can't obtain it for 2 years. Wow, so I have to wait 2 years, but in those 2 years what else will you "earn"? I can never catch up, I guess I'll find another game with a more level playing field.

Now imagine that same game, you see someone who has this cool weapon, that can improve your overall rank (ie mastery rank) in the game. You find out it is a 100 day log in reward. Awesome, I love this game so I can definitely log in for 100 days. 

A third scenario, you see someone that has a cool cosmetic/ship/skin. Find out you can't obtain it for 2 years. Oh wow that's great, maybe I can earn that in 2 years.

 

The reward itself has a hug impact on whether people think it's fair or not. Items that can improve your power or overall rank should never be locked behind such a huge time gate. Making them difficult and time consuming is one thing. But with each new milestone reward they are making them more and more unobtainable for newer players. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Regenance said:

DE should calculate the days and make them miss the exact day reward and get which day they logged in reward, like if I registered in specific time, I'd get a reward from that specific time, and if I log off after some time, which like if I log off and come back after a year, I will get the 300 days reward instead of all the rewards I could've gotten if I logged in at that time. hope you catch me.

Case 1: I'm here since April 2013. I should be bathing in login-rewards, the reality is that I just managed to bag  the Zenith a couple of days ago. I understand that this is because the Zenith wasn't even conceived before they started with the current inception of the login rewards. I did manage to bag one or two of those "gift of the lotus" platinum awards when these were still a thing. 
So, under your suggestion I would get all the things up to and above the 600 day reward while I was already properly rewarded in the past. And you then also assume these new login rewards would have already been available when they changed the system, because of the hours veterans already put in.
I hope you see this became messy real quick...

Case 2: I can login, finish an exterminate mission (or something) and then have a macro walk me up and down a hallway endlessly. After which I'm going to work. People within this community WILL do this. That's just how we roll: if something is attainable people will look for the quickest and easiest route to get there. 
I hope you can see how messy THIS will turn out...

The login rewards are good as they are. Honest, straightforward and interesting enough to look out for them..
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...